The Evrensel Conflict Outlaws of the Multiverse-- An Evrensel Side-Story

Orfaris had been about to make a sour comment about he too had wanted to relax, but he quickly decided to shut up when Layla started talking about taking away cuts. Biting back his comment, he decided that he really didn't want to lose money. Besides, if he were entirely honest, he was pretty goddamn tired himself as well. So instead, he nodded with some reluctance. "Yes boss." was therefore all he said, before leaving the house. He had put a hammock between some trees on the beach, prefering the open sea air.

Valencia, whom was dressed in some simple PJ pants and a black tank top that bore the image of a cartoonish Beowolf on the chest, ears were flattening and her tail between her legs as she saw Layla's current state. When she was like this, it was best not to make her anymore mad. Layla rarely got genuiley mad and even when she did, it rarely lasted long. But still. "Right...Sorry for the disturbance." she apologized somewhat awkardly, clearing her throat in the same manner, before turning to Luca. "Let's go." she said, taking a hold of his hand.

Jules, meanwhile, bit his lip, giving Layla a semi-worried look as his earlier concerns rose up again. "I'll, uh...I'll go and clean up our mess." he said, giving a brief nod to the living room. Indeed, there was still some garbage left from his and Layla's movie night, and he obviously wasn't gonna let his mistress deal with that. Or leave it for the next day. That was just gross. At least, in his opinion. Besides, he had been originally hired to clean the place anyway. Besides, unless Layla would start dragging him upstairs (which wasn't all that uncommon when she or Dia were involved), he figured they probably wouldn't pick up where they left off, much less be welcome to spend the night with her. In case of the latter, he didn't really mind that. Even without sex, he was also content to just lay besides her or cuddle up to her. But again, that didn't seem like a realistic option anymore. "You can go upstairs and go maffen." It didn't take a genius to figure out it was some sort of Dutch slang for sleeping or resting.

In truth, he was also quite curious about Acadia and her serpentine compagnion. But now didn't seem like a good time to talk. Maybe tomorrow, after Dia was done helping Viper with her mold...Unless, of course, she would make him help her. It wouldn’t be the first time that Dia would all but order him or even drag him off in order to take care of her pets, like the horses.

Last edited:
There was a creak from the stairs "nnn hey what's the fuss about?" Asked a tired slightly worried voice belonging to a blonde girl only dressed in a simple nightgown, with pointy ears and waist long blond hair.
Alicia who had woken up from the commotion stood in the doorway trying to blink sleep out her eyes.
Sensing the door frame she leaned on it to avoid swaying where she stood. "No danger?" she asked the group she sort of could recognise with a hazy mind.

There was a creak from the stairs "nnn hey what's the fuss about?" Asked a tired slightly worried voice belonging to a blonde girl only dressed in a simple nightgown, with pointy ears and waist long blond hair.
Alicia who had woken up from the commotion stood in the doorway trying to blink sleep out her eyes.
Sensing the door frame she leaned on it to avoid swaying where she stood. "No danger?" she asked the group she sort of could recognise with a hazy mind.

"No danger, just some talking is all. Go back to sleep, Ali." Layla told the alien girl, walking up to her with Jules behind him. Alicia joined the gang six months ago, when she washed up on the shores of a small, deserted island. Layla was digging for treasure on that island, as she found a map to a lost chest of gold, buried by a famous pirate-- She went to the Sea of Thieves world if you really care. Anyway, by chance, Layla found Alicia and helped her out, taking her back to the hideout and putting her back to full health. Since then, Layla acted almost motherly with Alicia, finding a soft spot for the young girl. Layla wanted to be sure she was okay, since... Well, she did have nightmares a lot. Her universe ending might suggest why.

"Here, I'll go up with you." Layla said, leading Alicia back to her room. Before Jules could accompany her, Layla turned to him and said, "I'll just stay with Ali, we'll do this another night." Meaning their one on one time. With a kiss to the forehead, Layla left the others behind. Dia however, stayed behind with Viper, because suddenly her favorite toy was left alone, he seemed blue balled, half naked, and she had a new box of chemicals to play around with. "Jules," Dia spoke out, getting his attention. "Help me out with her molt, it's easier with two people."

Considering Jules had exspected that, he wasn't to dissapointed or surprised, and instead nodded. "Of course...I'll see you tomorrow." he said, understanding what she meant. He smied and briefly closed his eyes as Layla kissed his forehead, kissing her cheek in return and one of her hands a light squeeze, before she left. The kid watched her go with a smile, before he was snapped out of it by Dia.

He turned to her, arching an eyebrow. The idea that Dia either wanted to experiment on him or have sex with him, or both, didn't really cross his mind yet. "I mean...I was gonna clean up so...sure, I guess?" he replied with a shrug. "Although you do need to give me some instructions on how to get rid of her mold, mo-Dia." he corrected himself...or he thought so, at least. While Layla had told him to only use her title in the bedroom, Dia seemed to be fond of using it outside of it as well, and he still wasn't entirely sure when he could call her 'mommy' or not. "I mean, I never even had a snake as a kid. So I'm not sure how to...do that." clarified the kid, frowning lightly at Viper. What, was he supposed to get rid of her mold with a brush or something?

Not really getting what was going on the girl obediently followed the guidance of Laylas hands answering with something inaudible. Her head swaying as she also relied on those hands for her own balance.
She made a contorted face at the thought of sleep. "I don't like what comes when i close my eyes" She complained with eyes that began to water.
"i don't want to go back there" Alicia's back tensed when they neared the bedroom.
But she did not resist when they entered. Instead she lied down and gazed at the woman that looked after her "im sorry" she murmured feeling embarassed for her own childish state.

The viper nodded and said nothing to avoid angering Layla further. She had a good life here but wasn't a wholly solitary creature to want to live and work alone. Doing what Acadia needed doing gave her a safe place to sleep and work as well as someone to talk to. However she did feel the need to give Acadia an explanation as well as it being safe to do so. A tongue flick lashed one small box near the filter. Removing it from the tongue wrap she pried open the small box showing a small pile of electronics and components in it. As well as a few cell phones which she fished out by shape.

Oxireee pressed into the Acadia's hand while it was offered then looked in Orfaris direction, "I took their comms units but I couldn't see anymore by then to find which one is mine. It's one of these. I felt strike plates on their armor and labels it was too dark and I was too blind to read. I got some storage drives and high-end ECUs from their vehicle I think and probably some high amp blade fuses mixed in with the drives. One might be a disc drive of some kind. The vehicle isn't going anywhere or using comms and backup power. Orfaris should look through them."

She offered the box to Arcadia then answered Jules's question, "Mine is thicker than a snake. You will need a skinning knife to remove my molt. It is like cutting off a leather coat between plates in it. Just the top layer! Maybe a small clamp to pull the edge from my jaw. One to peel and one to cut."

She opened her free-jointed jaw wide to point at a peeling layer that gave her the odd look of having two gums at the edges. One of them pale, leathery, and dead. The coiled tongue inside occupied almost the entire rear of her mouth with four long fangs on the roof of her mouth. A person could definitely fit in the unhinged jaw though Oxiree hadn't actually eaten people in front of the others. Since they couldn't it seemed a passive threat she didn't want to make toward them.

Jules shuddered slightly at the look of her jaws, imaging Oxiree swallowing a person whole. He wondered why she never went out raiding with the rest of the gang. A giant mutant snake was a very usefull asset, in his opinion. But oh well. He’d already told the Viper and Acadia he’d help them. And he’d rather not piss off Oxiree, or dissapoint Acadia. He liked the woman, though he wasn’t as devoted to her as he was to Layla.

“Would these work as well?” He asked, unsheating his dual blades. Thanks to several years of training with Cerberus, Jules was pretty good and precise at handeling them and he had only gotten better under Layla’s mentorship. He didn’t really have any skinning knifes, nor did he know where those would be kept? “And got. Just the top layer.” The last thing he wanted was to accidently hurt Oxiree and end up between those jaws...or get pierced with those poison fangs. Or constricted. Or-actually, get killed or maimed in general.

Last edited:
Not really getting what was going on the girl obediently followed the guidance of Laylas hands answering with something inaudible. Her head swaying as she also relied on those hands for her own balance.
She made a contorted face at the thought of sleep. "I don't like what comes when i close my eyes" She complained with eyes that began to water.
"i don't want to go back there" Alicia's back tensed when they neared the bedroom.
But she did not resist when they entered. Instead she lied down and gazed at the woman that looked after her "im sorry" she murmured feeling embarassed for her own childish state.

"Heyheyhey, it's okay." Layla bent down so she was level with Alicia, the gang leader being a few inches taller than the younger woman. "Nothing wrong with being scared. Don't blame you either." She gave the alien girl a soft smile to comfort her, putting a hand on her shoulder so she didn't feel so bad. "Tell you what, how about you come into my room for the night? If you'd like, I could put on a movie for us to watch. Help pass the time until the sun comes up." Alicia was like a small child for sure, but Layla had no problems being a parent figure. She enjoyed it, in the same way she enjoyed being a mentor to Jules, just not sexually of course. She cared for her and wanted to make her feel better whenever she was scared or depressed, since losing an entire universe is a bit of a mood killer/depression maker.

As for Jules and Dia, she stayed next to the viper to keep her pet calm. Skinning would be a very uncomfortable thing, so while she sat next to the large snake, she also pulled out some SOMAs, which...... I don't know if that's a good idea really. Either way, Dia nodded her head in approval. "Those'll do very nicely. If you do it well and don't hurt Oxi, I'll treat you to something very nice. Make up for Layla's lack of bedroom 'fun.'" She gave a wink to Jules, so unsubtle in her remark, there was no way someone would not groan at that. It was late and she wasn't awake enough to be sexy for the young guy.

Considering Jules himself just happened to be awful at making sex-based puns and had a terrible sense of humour in general, he just snickered at Dia's comment and smirked back playfully at her. "Really now?" he mused. "I suppose that would be good motivation...mommy.” He told the older woman with with a playfull wink of his own. Though at the back of his mind, there was some hesitation. Ever since he had developed feelings for Layla that were beyond that of a fuck buddy or mentor, sleeping with Dia had started to feel...off. The kid still enjoyed it. Dia was a gorgeous, exotic woman, and she was fun, skilled and creative in bed. But still, there had been some nagging guilt in the back of his young, naive and inexsperienced mind for having sex with Dia when he had feelings for Layla, even if the Irish woman seemed to encourage him 'branching out', as she called it. Still, even though he fully understood why Layla cancelled their night together, he was still blueballed, so...why not?

With that, he moved towards Oxiree and lifted one of his blades, carefully starting to work. He gently moved the blade between one of the two plates, as the viper-woman had instructed him, and began to remove the top layer of her molted scales with surprising ease. Then again, it wasn't like the kid was inexsperienced when it came to using swords, daggers and knifes, even if he had never skinned a massive snake person before...Which was surprisingly and probably not even the weirdest thing he'd exsperience with Layla's gang of interdimensional outlaws.

Last edited:
The girl was silent for a moment before nodding. The movies in this world where fascinating to watch much unlike the ones back in. . .
She didn't finish that thought. "Yeah that sounds good"
Alicia gave a faint smile back towards Layla. "Thanks" she responded, feeling that pang of guilt for being so dependent even though they had talked about that before.
"um do you have any more of those romcoms?" The girl looked up at the woman not realizing that might have made her even more childish although perhaps now in a more amusing way.

Back