Ame Damnee Outside of The Empyrean Palace

M

Meliodas

palace_by_nuro_art.jpg

(Will be removed per artists request.)

Resting on a mountaintop with water cascading below, this magnificent palace is home to the royal family of New Eden. A location rich with history and the center of legend(s), it is the most heavily guarded corner of the city. Wardens patrol the area in force, and not a soul is permitted inside without good reason. Presently, the royal family has little influence and is purely ceremonial in stature. The widowed king is currently ill and hasn’t been heard from over the last few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
On top of a mountain, Outside Empyrean Palace

The burn hasn't stopped. Her body still felt like its on fire, especially her right hand, which still felt wet and damp from Wroth's strange blood. The immense pain was still there. But she found herself relaxing. It was a strange feeling. Why, she wondered. And that's when she realized it. The sound of the heartbeats was gone, replaced by the sound of water flowing rapidly, and the smell of the cool wind in the air. She was still in pain, but it didn't matter. The reason for her major distress was gone.

She opened her eyes. Someone was holding her. At first she thought it was Errol, from her blurry sight, but then he touched his cheek with her left hand and felt a certain connection. Just like that, instinctively, she murmured. "Taran?" she didn't even bother trying to call him Sir Titan at this point, she was way too tired and fed up. Her mental energy was at its lowest. She felt the tears coming, as she buried her face in his chest. Gone was the formalities, the uneasiness, the awkwardness she used to feel, she just felt safe in his arms. And just like that she broke down, crying like a little kid. "I... I was so scared.... I... didn't like crowds. They always made my head... feel wrong..."

She wasn't sure what she was saying at that point. She just continued crying, telling what first comes to mind. Wroth, the town square, the sounds... she was a rambling mess. Everything felt strange, surreal. And as she started calming down, questions started bubbling on the surface. Where is she? Why is Taran here? What happened, back then at the square? Her gaze fell on her right hand, still covered in Wroth's neon white blood. The pain of the burn has started there. Even now, it's where the pain feels more intense. Although the effects seem to be gradually fading, she won't take any chances. She wiped her tears on her sleeves, and tried to get up, but there was no strength in her limbs. She looked up to Taran instead, amber eyes giving him a pleading look. "I... need to wash this off. Immediately. Don't touch it. Please." she muttered.

@Meliodas

Taran Caelis Titan, played by Meliodas

The Empyrean Palace

Outskirts, on top of a mountain
Every ounce of blood in his veins pulsed painfully, Xena’s agony echoing through every fiber of his being. He could sense her confusion, her misery, and most of all, her uncertainty. For the briefest moment, he held her against his chest while some part of him just wished they could remain there for the rest of their days. His life had been so empty, days long and nights even longer as he struggled and fought simply to survive. There was something missing, a void left which didn’t seem to fill regardless of what he did. Nothing seemed to be enough, and no matter how hard he tried, he was no closer to fulfilling his dream.

As Taran’s eyes fell on hers, it grew difficult to mask the sorrow, forcing him to look away. “I always knew this day would come.” He muttered, sighing as his arms released her before he stood, his back to her as he looked away. “Water runs directly below us, along the rocks before feeding into the river below. We should get that cleaned off immediately. There is no telling what effects Wroth’s blood could have on you if you are exposed much longer. I fear it is only a matter of time before Legion returns along with any other demons I tried to seal away… I thought we had more time.”

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon

Xena sat up, her exhaustion evident in her expression, but her amber eyes were sharper now, and she had this expression as if the gears in her head was turning. She longed to feel Taran's arms around her again, feeling cold and empty now that he had let go of her. And yet, a small feeling of suspicion engulfed her, knowing that Taran had been hiding something from her, especially now that he said it. "You lied to me." she murmured, a feeling of unease and sadness bubbling in the core of her being. "You told me... that you have not heard the name Legion before. Taran... what is happening? You know what is happening to me, right? What was.... that..."

Dread and disgust settled in her gut as she shut her eyes. For one insane second, one crazy moment, she had contemplated killing off everyone in the Town square. What's worse is that she knew if she had not passed out from the pain, she would have done it. And that's... scary. Never had she felt so scared in her life. And yet... that feeling felt familiar. She knew she had experienced that feeling before. She knew she had thought those thoughts before. But everytime she tries to dig the exact memories up there was... nothing. Blank.

The Empyrean Palace

A lot of uncertainty existed within Taran as he stared off into the distance, overlooking the palace and the river that ran underneath them. Morning time was upon them, with the sun creeping up slowly over the horizon. As a vampire, he had a certain distaste for the morning. While he could more than handle himself during the day, he was a creature of habit… a creature of the night.

His past with Xena stretched back several centuries, a fact to which to she was unaware of herself. Over the years, he had hidden almost everything from her. She was still fragile; unprepared to face her daemons. The woman he had come to love and cherish was far from the woman that stood behind him, but at least she had her life… in some form or another.

“Everything you are is more or less by design. To say you are artificial would be a far cry from the truth, but you are not what was intended. Your very soul is not your own, but instead simply an extension of my own. The memories you possess are just fragments of the truth, a façade that I created if only to ensure you could continue living a life with the same smile I had come to hold so close to my heart.” Pausing.

“When I found you, you were broken beyond repair… so I turned you so that maybe I would have time to find the answers you so desperately seek.”

@Revelree

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon

Xena felt like there was a piece of cotton stuck in her throat. Every breath felt labored as the feeling of uneasiness crept over her. She stood up, a million many emotions coming towards her in waves: confusion, sadness, guilt, anger, disgust... And it became even more prominent as Taran started talking.

Huh? She couldn't quite understand what he was talking about. Her soul? Not hers? But that's... impossible. She has always just been... herself. Her heart picked up. Panic was starting to form in her core. There was no way... No way at all. What is he talking about? Her memories, a facade? Everything? Since when? She stared down at the ground. What he's saying... doesn't make sense. She remembered everything well. She grew up as a noble vampire, had a wonderful childhood, grew up and started the Sanctuary and then met Errol. It was so clear in her head. She knew these things. It couldn't possibly be... a lie.

And yet... questions started popping in her head. Is it real? When did I start the Sanctuary? Where did I spend my childhood? Where are my parents now? she paused, her eyed widening. What are... their names?

She took a step back. Her hands were shaking. "Not possible." she insisted in a murmur. And then her amber eyes focused once again to glare at Taran's back. "That's not possible." she said once more, louder now, so Taran could hear. Even though she knew it is. She knew. "If this is some sort of sick joke... please stop."

The Empyrean Palace

For centuries, that is all he wished it was. A sick joke, a nightmare… a dream he would inevitably wake from. But such a day never came, and he had lived with regret ever since, trying his best to find a way to make things whole again. “Xena… you will always be you. In essence, you're simply… incomplete. You were nothing more than a shell and were halfway to the other side. If I had not intervened…” For a moment, he was losing himself, his judgment cast aside in favor of his emotions.

“I made a promise to you, once. You most likely won’t remember, but I promised you that no matter what happened, I’d never give up. I promised to roam to the end of time if that is what it took to find you if anything were to happen. I intend to keep that solemn promise.” There was so much history between them; a history Taran couldn’t even begin to share with her. He’d spend years trying to do everything he could to return things to the way they were, but in time, he had to give up… he had to stop fighting.

It was odd for such an old, ancient creature like Taran to shed a tear, but he couldn’t help it as he stood there, watching the sun rise up over the water – which turned into a roaring fire, sparkling as it reflected off the light. “Everything I am is because of you, so every bit of what you know now is only an extension of myself because I am equally an extension of you. Your memories, your feelings… search them and know that each of them is a reflection of the heart… the compassion you showed me.” It was hard to articulate the fact that so much of her was a part of him. In a way, it was as if in some part, their fates, and their very souls were intertwined.

Turning to face her, he reached for her hand before forcefully pulling her against him, whispering to her softly. “I’m sorry for everything I’ve put you through, and for all you are about to suffer because of my selfishness. But, I simply could not live in a world you were not a part of.” Disappearing in a shimmer of blue light… he would return her to Abaddon…

@Revelree

Cryker Reywynn - The Grand Bridge

The air was humid, cold and dense in the night. The soldiers on guard, standing stone still in the night with torch and spear, eyed Cryker wordlessly as he passed down the bridge. He had been at the mouth of the bridge for the better part of the day, seeking an audience with, if not the nobility, than the guard's captain. It was only as night fell and patience ran thin that finally did he receive the audience he sought.

Down the bridge from opposite Cryker strode the Captain of the Palace's guard, Ezekiel Bellamy, ornate and fiercely decorated armor clattering with each step. It reflected the torchlight with an polished sheen, and was almost dazzling in the torchlight of the night. Removing his helmet and holding it under his arm as he approached, Ezekiel, met Cryker near center on the bridge. Ezekiel chiseled elven features remained impassive as he spoke.

"Captain Bellamy. I would hope you have good reason for bothering me and my men all day." He said, a twinge of annoyance flickering into the edges of his voice.

"Cryker, and I can assure you, Captain, the reason is plenty valid. Simply put, there is a threat in the city that needs to be dealt with, and the wardens aren't here to do the job, so I came to the next largest force." He said plainly, bowing slightly to the man in respect. He took a breath before continuing, but was stopped short by muffled laughter.

"Cyker? Cryker Reywynn? I read a report on you the other day. Exiled for stabbing a warden, and you wouldn't even say why. And the first thing you do is come to me to ask for help?" The corners of his lips turned upwards into a contemptuous smile. "But please, this is amusing. Go on, tell me. What do you need my help for?"

"That warden... He was beginning to learn things. He was too inquisitive. He was beginning to spread word of some theory. How so many crimes, shocking, but never too unusual, all with no traces, were connected." Cryker replied, and shrugged. "I had heard of this. He had only begun to speak of it, and he had few followers. I thought he was dangerous. So, being the bold, foolhardy young man I was, decided to try to kill him. I saw a chance and I took it."

The smile on the Captain's face faded as Cryker continued. He was starting to notice Cryker's wounds, and the new skin and thin bloody lines that were telltale of regeneration. And with how numerous they were, it was by no means a light injury, the Captain was experienced enough to tell that. He remained silent, and nodded for Cryker to continue.

"The warden was right, or close enough, at least. A large, underground criminal group did exist in New Eden. And it has for quite a while. And I suppose it doesn't hurt to tell you I was part of it. Until about a day ago, at least."

"And that is why you stabbed the warden and never spoke? To protect them?" Ezekiel asked, contemplating the ramifications if it were true.

"Yes. It was." Cryker responded. "And when I returned, I had some disagreements with the management-" He smiled bitterly. "-and since they were so kind as to forget to finish me off, I think I'd like to return with some friends along with me when I come back again to return the favor."

"And so with the wardens gone, you came to me for my soldiers..." Ezekiel muttered. He turned his gaze upward and locked eyes with Cryker. "If this is to be beleived, then with the wardens gone, we are all in grave danger. Everyone, and anyone. Even the royal family." He rubbed his face lightly. "I don't think you're lying to me. If you are, I'm sure you know the penalties, but I couldn't see why."

"Keep your men at the ready, Captain Bellamy. I fear the snake will raise its head soon enough." Cryker gazed ominously at the dark horizon. He doubted the night would be peaceful.

Micah - Empyrean Palace - Outside the Main Gate
Micah stood stalk still in front of the Main Gate, his joints starting to ache from the weight of his armor and the chilly evening breeze that kept threatening him. He'd been standing there with another guard for at least an hour, which meant he had about three more hours to go. The boy sighed as he shifted his weight, trying in vain to get a little more comfortable. Out of the corner of his eye, he glanced over at the other guard who was positioned on the other side of the gate. He didn't seem to be having any trouble standing perfectly still; he hadn't moved at all in the last hour. That's not possible, he'd have to have moved at least a little, right? Micah thought.

"Psst, David," he whispered to his silent companion, "are you awake?"

"Shut up, Micah," came the grumbled reply.

"But you hadn't moved at all, so I just thought-"

"Shut up! You're gonna get us in trouble again," the other soldier hissed back.

Micah fell silent again. A few minutes later, he was fidgeting once more. "My arm hurts," he whispered as he struggled to keep his shield in its upright position. The other guard didn't reply. Micah paused for a moment before asking, "Does your arm hurt?"

"Micah, I swear to Aditi, if you talk one more time I will push you off this bridge and tell everyone you fell off because you were sleeping on duty."

The boy frowned, but didn't say anything more. Someone didn't eat their happy flakes this morning, he thought. Still, he was dying to talk. He knew they weren't technically supposed to, but how could the Royal Guard really expect them to be completely silent for hours on end? It was ridiculous. They weren't statues, they were people. Micah shifted his feet once more, but he suddenly snapped to attention as an officer walked by, who didn't even give him a second glance. As soon as the officer passed, Micah slouched again. This is going to be a long night, he thought glumly.

Devon Ironsides - Approaching the Palace grounds

The dwarf walked at the head of Minerva's group, standing alongside Dot and Taran as they made their way to the royal palace. Devon looked upon the grand structure with disgust, these hypocrites couldn't even follow their own rules, setting themselves up in the lap of luxury while the rest of new eden was forced into the same old living conditions as every other nameless nobody, or worse. It made him sick, and he couldn't wait to teach the fuckers a lesson.

But that wasn't his primary goal with this raid, he was going to have to keep a close eye on Taran, the traitor was a powerful son of a bitch, and if Devon wasn't careful, he'd lose track of him altogether. He looked back to Minerva. "So we gettin' this show on the road or not?"

@Isla

Hyde Bekele
Approaching the Palace Grounds

A white owl flew over top of the group approaching the Empyrean Palace. It circled around the long bridges, taking note of the soldiers posted there before turning back to the group advancing under the protection of the night. The bird's large wings flapped against the cool breeze as it drew closer to the group, beginning its descent. The owl's pace slowed as he was now visible to the Underground's members and as it drew closer to the ground itself, the bird's body started to morph into a human figure. Appearing on the ground was a man, hunched over in a knelt position, both hands pressed firmly against the stone walkway. His head lifted first to observe the group and then his body rose to meet them. The owl was Hyde.

Hyde turned and approached the head of the group. His attention on Minerva, this was the first he had seen of her since he returned, he knew he should say something to pay his respects, though he didn't care for starting small talk it was appropriate for the time. "Good evening milady. Always a pleasure to see a beautiful face before riding into battle." Ever since the man had infiltrated the Underground and sought Minerva out head on, he had been surprised their leader was as striking as she was. Hyde enjoyed teasing her in the little time that he saw her. "I managed to get a bird's eye view before joining everyone here. It looks like the watchmen are a bit tired, one of them was rambling on about... nothing."

Last edited:
Minerva, Approaching the Palace Grounds

Clip clop, clip clop, clip clop. Hooves pounded against the cobblestone road that led straight ahead to the bridge. They hid among the shadows, concealed by the dark, hanging trees of the deciduous forest. Minerva pulled on the reins a little and placed her left hand on her left hip as silence filled the air. They were here. Devon looked back at her and she shook her head at his statement. "Wait until Hyde gets back. It shouldn't be long now." The large group continued to look ahead. Some were whispering to each other behind Minerva; Conversations she could hear. She smirked at their ignorance; some would have to be swiftly dealt with during the raid.

The silence in front of the apprentices and full fledged Underground members were suddenly cut off. "Beautiful palace, isn't it?" Balthazar mused, walking his copper steed up next to Minerva's right flank, stealing a quick glance at her physique. Her steely gray eyes ran over the turrets and the area as a whole. She could feel Balthazar's eyes on her, but she didn't say anything. "Yes, beautiful indeed," she spoke indifferently. Minerva was not the least bit concerned with the beauty of the castle, so much as raiding it. She walked her horse a little further and stopped as an owl began to make its way back to her. She straightened her back, eager to hear his news.

Her hands moved to her reins as the owl descended down to the ground and immediately morphed back into a handsome young man. She smiled a little before he even had the chance to speak. Determination and ambition set in. She knew he'd come back with useful information. The formalities, however, made her chuckle. If anyone knew her, she wasn't exactly keen on being called a lady or being told her face was beautiful, but Hyde was a sly fox; He knew his boundaries and over the years, Minerva found it rather humorous he still continued to formally address her on occasion. She pursed her lips in amusement, sarcasm laced in her tone. "Oh Hyde, you flatter me."

Minerva didn't notice Balthazar's roll of the eyes. She glanced ahead and nodded at Devon to go on ahead with Dot and Taran. So far, everything was working out in her favor. The Royal Guard's defenses were dropped if they were tired; One was completely clueless. She glanced at Hyde once more, her eyes gleaming with mischief and an unvocalized praise. He'd done well; She knew he didn't need to hear it. It was apparent in her body language; chin held high, back straight. Enthusiasm sparked through her. They would win this battle. I have a special offer for you later on, Hyde. In the meantime, I know you won't disappoint.

Jack

Atop his black steed, his suit blending almost perfectly into the darkness, the only thing visible was his demonic looking mask that seemed to be the face of death itself. He near the front of the group not passing Minerva or the other masters, analyzing them. He could care less of the architecture of the palace or the babbling of the others behind him, not even the eyes of some of the more prideful members trying to burn the back of his head with their glares at him taking a higher point. He only cared about 2 things right now, survival and how much blood will be spilled by him tonight.

It was then a white owl soon landed in front of everyone. Only to turn into a man, by the look of his attire and his build Jack could assume that he was an assassin or 'Eye in the sky'. further deduction with the interaction of the two made it clear, that they were close. Possibly very, close. His gaze soon turn towards the dwarf, Jack's mask made it impossible for others to know that he was analyzing them, he made it look as if he was scanning the Palace. The little thing looked silly yet at the same time full of pride, hard yet somehow fragile...... And his quick look at the man near him, Jack instantly knew that the stoic, Titan looking man. Was Taran. He didn't care if they were going to kill the man but it would be nice blackmail material...Or maybe not since he doesn't know the Imperator so intimately as the others in this group.

Cryker Reywynn - Near the Gates

Cryker's discussion with the Captain of the guard had taken several hours. He had learned a many things during his time with the Captain, about the state of the city and the royal family. While he doubted any of what he had learned was anything more than an open secret on the streets, he felt good to at least be informed. The Captain sent Cryker away to mull the offer over the night.

Slowly, the large gate barring entrance to the palace opened just barely enough for Cryker to slip out before they came shut once more. Now all he faced was the long trek back home. Hopefully, he would be able to avoid the Underground till he had gathered enough allies to stand up to them. The Underground had eyes everywhere, though, and he hoped he could keep his life a secret for as long as possible.

Gazing out at the horizon, he noticed an unusual bird, a stark white owl gliding around the palace. A stark white owl that never cried out its low holler. Something was off. Something was wrong. A growing stone of uncertainty in his gut tore at him. Cryker watched as the bird made its return to the horizon and slowly dived down to the ground.

Cryker turned to the restless guard near the gate. "You'd best ready yourself. I don't think tonight is going to be peaceful. I just hope to Additi I'm wrong." He said to Micah. Cryker lingered by the gate a while longer. There weren't many hours of night left. If the Underground was really coming to attack, it would happen soon, if it wasn't underway already.

Dot stood beside Devon and Taran, a sadistic grin on her face as she looked ahead. While she couldn't see the castle, she had no doubt that it was grand. "Let's go." she said lowly, forming her features into a peaceful expression as she began to walk forward towards the bridge, approaching the two standing at the gates. Dot smiled and lightly bowed towards the two, stepping foward a bit as she met their eyes with her blind ones. "I know this may be of no conern to you, but I seek help for the orphange. After the recent attack, the children are scared and no one seems to know of the whereabouts of Ra- ,forgive me, the Grandmaster and the building itself is unsuitable for the children at the moment." She said, as she intentionally slipped up. Turning her head towards Taran, she lightly lifted her hand. "This gentleman here, Sir Taran, "she spoke, forcing back the distate from her tone, "had offered to help me with this problem." Once finished, she stepped back, folding her hands in front of her, discreetly readying a gas bomb if this didn't go as planned.

Priscilla Shaw
"I still don't know why we're here.." Priscilla sighed wistfully and unheard, her voice distorted and muffked through this strange mask The poison master had given her, walking after her mentor, Dot, who wasn't paying her any heed at all and seemed to be almost thrilled at the prospect of whatever was to come. Priscilla, however, was the opposite. She was fearing for her life and her clothes felt a little too tight, and her choice in sword seemed a little heavy now that she thought about it. It hung loosely by her side, twisting the whole way down its blade, sharp as anything and barely used. It was terrifying to even hold. She examined as the blind woman pulled out a vial, and did the same. "Please don't let my life meet its end here Aditi.." she quivered, her hands shaking and heart thumping while her hidden eyes were left wide-open and staring at whatever could mean death.

Last edited:
Dante - Approaching the Palace Grounds
Of course, Dante had his own horse. Usually he didn't bother with them, but today it just felt appropriate. Normally he would be covered in gold-plated armor, but since they were supposed to be relatively discreet on this mission he had traded it in for black, leather armor and a mask that covered the bottom half of his face. Unlike most of the other Masters, Dante was fairly well involved with affairs above ground, and so he didn't want to risk being recognized.

This would not be a simple battle for him. While the doctor in the infirmary had patched him up well from his travels into Oblitus and given him some kind of elixir that was meant to help him regain his strength, he still felt mentally exhausted. On top of that, it was night; the time of day when he was least powerful. What I wouldn't give to have those rocks at my disposal right now... he thought. Still, Dante knew this was the most important event in the history of the Underground: the day they finally took back the city. He wouldn't miss it for the world.

Micah - Near the Gates
Micah was trying his best to keep himself still, but seemed to be failing miserably at it. He'd been standing there for three hours, and his feet were killing him. However, he came to attention as soon as a man walked past, but was surprised to hear him actually address him.

"You'd best ready yourself. I don't think tonight is going to be peaceful. I just hope to Aditi I'm wrong."

Micah looked at the man, his eyes wide with concern. "H-how can you tell?" he asked.

He didn't get to hear the answer as some newcomers arrived. They were an odd group, and Micah could feel the hair stand up on the back of his neck just by looking at them. A scary, seemingly blind lady that he just knew was staring right at him somehow, a freakishly tall guy, and... A child? No, wait, that was a dwarf. Children didn't have beards. Unless it was a fake beard... Micah's eyes lingered on the dwarf for a moment as he pondered the question. However, he was quickly distracted by the thing that was following them: a small figure clad in leather, with this freaky bird mask. Micah's eyes practically bugged out of his head.

The young guard's gaze shifted to the blind woman when she spoke. Something about orphans? That didn't make any sense; they were the Royal Guard, not a charity. Besides, who took a group like this to ask for help? They looked more like warriors than- Micah blinked, remembering the man's warning. He tightened his grip on the sword in his hand before blurting out anxiously, "What's with the mask?!"

Devon Ironsides - Palace Gates

His gaze lingered on the skittish guard as he seemed to be confused by Devon's appearance, had the man never seen a dwarf before? His hands were hidden behind his back in a pose he was used to taking, looking authoritative, while concealing a vial of knockout gas in each hand. His natural dwarven immunity to poison would ensure that Dot's potions didn't work on him, so he'd gone without the mask.

What he hadn't anticipated however was Priscilla mindlessly tagging along with her plague doctor mask. If he didn't have the vials in his hands he would've face palmed. He quickly thought up a lie to fool the guards. "What? You ain't ever seen a doctor before? She'd been tasked with takin' care of the sick kids at that feckin' place, now we're stuck in the feckin' cold with too many mouths ta feed, and hardly any feckin' medical supplies left. Now take yer hands off the sword before ya hurt someone!"

Hyde Bekele

The man looked up at Minerva as she sarcastically accepted his compliment. A small grin appeared on his face, his head tilting away to look at her out of the corner of his eye, "you know you love it." Hyde knew he could get away with talking to Minerva the way he did, they had met many years ago and had established a strange relationship. The shapeshifter was casually friendly to all of the masters of the Underground, though he often didn't approach them and would rather wait for them to go to him, however; Minerva was different. Hyde didn't mind approaching her, in fact, he enjoyed their little interactions and over the years they slowly moved from acquaintances to actual friends. If you could even say either of them had actual friends.

The man watched as a few of them broke off to approach the first set of castle guards. He took his regular position near the edge of the long bridge, his eyes fixed on the events in front of him. Hyde would strike if the men were not going to let them through, which would be an easy task to the say least, almost as easy as tying his shoes. Patience was the number one skill to have as an assassin, it was important to wait for the perfect moment to strike. Patience was something that Hyde had an abundance of.

Don't become too caught up in the little raid's antics. Remember that there are things we are looking for as well... "You don't have to remind me," he mumbled underneath his breath. Something tells me that I do. "And what would that be?" he mumbled again. Your attention to that woman. "Just shut up already, will ya?" Hyde sighed, drawing his focus back to the exchange between the guards and the Underground members. He kept to the shadows of the night and waited silently.

A small smile creeped onto Minerva's face as Hyde teased her again, before he assumed his position back at the edge of the bridge. She glanced ahead, taking care to appear like she'd dismissed Hyde's internal discussion. It was out of context, but hearing Hyde talk to himself was rather amusing. She glanced ahead. The shadows made it difficult to figure out who exactly was talking to Dot, Taran, Devon, and of course, Priscilla. She could make out the figure of a young lad, though nothing more. Minerva's steely gray eyes observed the area around her.

Jack was sitting on his black stallion and stealing glances at her and the other masters. She smirked at his gesture, but didn't look his way. She turned her horse around and began to survey the area, eyes trained on the ground around the Underground's feet. After a few moments, dust and dirt gradually began to build up at the sides of the cobblestone walkway and deeper into the forestry. Bony hands flexed their phalanges and one by one, an army of four hundred undead skeletons began to rise up from the ground. Her palms and the back of neck began to sweat and blood began to run out of her nose, but she seemed to be tolerating it as well as she should.

Back