Ame Damnee Outskirts of New Eden

Rhiannon - Warden’s Keep

The vampire was amused by her lover as he proclaimed his love for her once more. His hot forehead pressed to her much cooler one reminding her of how different they were. She could smell the blood of everyone as they slowly joined them, “Let us be off. I’ll be close behind you.”

She moved away gently before she glanced to the angel who was to lead them, “I will travel outside of your group. They being human would likely be in more danger from me than from an enemy should they get injured while being to close. I haven’t had nearly enough blood to be surround by their scent and not want their blood.”

The vampire was being honest and clear in her intentions. While she might ride mounted she wasn’t about to be safe guarded by what she could kill in a matter of moments. Walking over to the steeds she glanced them over. Three of them shied away from the predator before them knowing they could just as easily be on the menu as any human might. A large palmetto stallion tossed his head as her before stretching his head over to her to sniff at her. Holding out her hand she waited to see if he too would shy away. When he didn’t she took his bridle in hand and lead him away from the others.

It had been years since she had last been on a horse. Thankfully it was a skill one didn’t forget easily. Fixing the reins and checking the girth strap to make sure it was tight. In a smooth movement she placed her left foot in the stirrup, her left hand on the horn of the saddle and pulled up into the saddle with gentle ease. Fixing her skirt she put her other foot into the other stirrup then squeezed with her knees causing the now eager stallion to danced a bit before bolting out the gate.

Oh the wonderful bliss of traveling so smoothly over terrain. She let the horse run full speed for ten yards before shifting her weight back slightly and tapping the reins tight for a moment. Like any well trained beast it sat back on its haunches and slide to a graceful stop kicking up a cloud of dust as it did. The smile and joy that coated the vampire’s face was radiant as she turned and trotted the horse back to the group. It was clear a bond was forming between beast and vampire, “Ready, Brutus?” She would trail him as he might move quicker than the horses.

Brutus Magnolia - Main gate

He became painfully aware of the sounds of people approaching, he knew that it would be a while before he'd be able to obtain the privacy he truly desired with Rhiannon. Nevertheless, the amused and grateful look she gave him put his heart at ease. He knew that as long as they were together, they'd be fine.

Brutus looked over to see the rather adorable sight of Imogen pulling the man she was smitten with close and shushing him, the girl was really sweet and it seemed that she had wanted to give Brutus and Rhiannon some privacy. He gave the faery an appreciative smile, while giving the young man a skeptical glance, before turning to rejoin Rhiannon who'd gone to speak to the angel. "I'll head out in front of you to handle the tracking. I've got the best nose out of everybody here." He said to Rythe, knowing that his hunters skills would be crucial to their success.

He watched in amusement as Rhiannon rode around on her horse. She looked as graceful with that skill as she was with every other thing she did. The bond that was forming between rider and horse was clear and it made him smile. When she asked if he was ready, a look of confidence, the first one he'd had today, spread across his face. "Absolutely." He shifted to his wolf form and began sniffing the air while everyone else mounted up. Searching for the first whiff of the scent Rythe had described.

Salazaar, Outskirts of New Eden

Salazaar walked past the gates and looked around himself. He has lost two faeries form his sight, but that was not much of a concern. As far as he could tell, they were in the same group. And if they weren’t, then in overall chaos switching would be very easy.

Few minutes of scanning the crowd were enough to spot the two standing in a little distance from the pair they were talking to before. A favorable circumstance, for sure.

Salazaar approached Cazimir and the girl next to him. He stretched his wings, donned his friendly smile and said:

“Morning, seelie.” He looked at Imogen and nodded gently. “It’s nice to see somebody of my own kind in such a distant place.” Salazaar moved his eyes on Cazimir. “And I see you are travelling with a fine man too. Good morning to you too, sir. My name is Salazaar, and I think we are in the same search group.”

Rythe’s voice sounded in the air, commanding people around them to from up.

Imogen
The Outskirts of New Eden

Imogen wasnt quite sure how to respond to Cazimir patting her hair; was he doing it in a patronizing way or was he doesn't it out of adoration for her? The young girl decided to pay it no attention as she contemplated his question. Do I tell him that I can slip into peoples minds and see their thoughts, feelings, and memories? No one would trust me after that... But my ability to locate things, my shields.. Imogen embarrassingly smiled at the man, "well you see, I'm not very skilled with a weapon. I have a knife but no one has really ever taught me how to use it properly. I just sort of guess as I go... But I'm sure you remember when I walked through that fire, I can create shields around... Well anything! Nothing can pass through them, kind of like a impenetrable bomb shelter!"

Her smile grew as she felt proud of her defensive prowess and then her attention was drawn to the man that had approached them. Imogen immediately dropped Cazimir's hand from hers and faced the newcomer. He introduced his name as Salazaar and called her by a term she had never heard before, what intrigued her about the man before her was his wings; they looked similar to hers. "Seelie?" she asked but then quickly moved on, "It's nice to meet you Salazaar! My name is Imogen and this fine man's name is Cazimir!"

Again, another interruption quickly came. Rythe appeared, addressing the search party and stating that they would be heading out and required a tracker. She heard Brutus offer his tracking skills and quickly realized that maybe her skillset could help them as well. She looked to Cazimir and Salazaar with an apologetic smile, "pardon me I'll be back!" and in an instant she headed over to Rythe and Brutus.

"Excuse me, I think I can help with the tracking. You see, I can fly above to act as a lookout and also.. I can find things just by thinking about them. If I'm with Brutus and we get enough clues, I might be able to form a clear picture of the direction we need to go and exactly where it is we need to be. The image will get muddled the further away we are.. But as we get closer it becomes clearer and clearer! Please let me help, I swear I won't be in the way! "

Brutus Magnolia - Main gate

Brutus looked over at Rythe in wolf form and gave a nod to express his agreement to Imogen's suggestion. All of a sudden, he caught a whiff of burned fabric and flesh, there was someone among the groups who had been very badly damaged by the Grandmaster's flames. He followed the scent with his eyes over to the young man Imogen was smitten with earlier, who seemed to be joined by a new man, faery since his wings resembled Imogen's. He'd smelt a slight burning of Cazimir's clothes, but he simply thought it was because of his rougish qualities. This new man however, reeked of smoke and scorched flesh. This man shouldn't be alive right now. This man was not to be trusted.

He then picked up a second scent. A scent of blood off in the direction of the forest. Barking to Imogen and indicating with his head that she should follow, he took off to the edge of the forest where he found a bloodstain along with an angel feather.

Rythe, Main Gate

Rythe nodded briskly at the vampire's suggestion, unable to really express any emotion from behind his veil, if he could, it would be one of understanding, if anything. As he was mounting his steed, he responded, "You two do that, if you need a breather, let us know: there'll be a horse waiting with either of your names on it." Pulling out a small timepiece, he wound the knob vigorously before tucking it behind his chest plate. His hand grasped the reins tightly before beginning a light canter towards the edge of the city's boundaries with a light twitch of the leather ropes. The Warden company followed accordingly, taking up about half of the wide roadway, moving at a fairly brisk pace.
"We're going to rest just as the sun graces the horizon," patting his chest piece where the clock lay, "but for now, we just depart town as if nothing abnormal is happening, wouldn't want to cause a panic among the farmers, now would we? So we're all just heading out on a standard expedition until we clear the roads where we'll take off and spread into formation. I don't expect this to be perfect, especially since we have to clear the dense forests before we reach any kind of flat land, but the horses should be able to handle the terrain. As long as you don't panic, the horses will be fine. If you find yourselves lost, follow the short light ray that comes off the blade on my back."
As he continued forward, speaking fairly cheerfully, the sword left a small, eerie and short light trail, oddly visible through the sheath.

Cazimir Heskel
Outskirts of New Eden, Main Gate Crossroads

Seelie. The word resounded in Cazimir's head as Imogen left them, gazing at the man who had just arrived. He had said the word so casually, and didn't even look fazed as Imogen seemed clueless about it, as if he expected it, and was amused at his personal joke. But Caz recognized that word. He has heard of it before. Once when he was little, he had asked his mother why they have such strange wings, wings that are unlike that of an angel. And why she seems quite adamant to make sure they never showed it in public. She never wanted to reply, so he just continued pestering her out of his curiosity, day by day, and finally, she relented. "Because we are Seelies, dear." Not quite getting it, he'd always be unsatisfied and further ask, "Why hide it?", but this was a question she never answered.

He never really did understand what she meant. Over time he had realized that Seelie must have been some race that was uncommon, but other than that, he never really had any other information about it. And now a couple of centuries later, here he was. Facing a man who flaunted the same kind of wings his mother had blatantly told him to hide, so long ago. "Hello." he greeted carefully as he gazed at the man, before nodding respectfully and walking over and mounting a steed. That guy will be with us on the trip huh... he thought to himself. I might as well try to learn a thing or two.

Last edited:
Imogen
The Outskirts of New Eden, Leaving the Main Gate

The young girl smiled as both Rythe and Brutus accepted her offer to help. "I won't let you down!" she cheerfully announced. Brutus stuck his nose in the air, sniffing heavily and trying to pick up a trace of anything. Within seconds, he was barking at Imogen and then disappeared out of sight as he ran through the gates and to the edge of the forest. So he can't talk at all in his wolf form? the girl questioned but then quickly felt excitement inch over her body. "I've got it!" she announced without realizing her excitement escaped her. Imogen quickly covered her mouth with both of her hands, as if to shush herself out of embarrassment. The fae looked around to see if anyone had noticed her and sighed in relief when it appeared they hadnt. Her eye caught Cazimir once again, he was mounting a steed and instead of turning away in utter shyness, she headed his way.

"Caz. I hope that you don't mind I call you that" she chuckled softly, "I'll be up ahead with Brutus helping with the tracking but maybe later you can show me how to use a knife?" Imogen smiled at the man, she didn't want to just disappear into the front of the search party without talking to him again. "Maybe, if it's alright with you... That when I need a break from the front, I could come sit with you? There's no way I can get on one of those things on my own." The girl asked, referring to the horse, as she kicked the dirt with her toe. "but I should be getting up there, just think about it, ok!? " and without hesitation, four white wings began to materialize on Imogen's back; they shimmered in the sunlight, revealing silver flecks throughout them.

Imogen took to the sky, turning to flash Cazimir her most charming smile before flying to the front of the pack where Brutus was sniffing out a clue. She landed close to him but left her wings in their materialized form as she studied the clue with the lycan. "Bloodied feathers?" she asked, puzzled. "This is what I saw... Brutus! Earlier something drew me to the cathedral, when I got there I tried to focus on it but all I could see were flashes of red and feathers... It was this. It was this clue! They were at the cathedral!" Imogen looked at Brutus in anticipation but then realized he couldn't talk to her. "Oh, right.. Wait!" the young girl reached her hand out and placed it on the lycan's forehead, "this won't hurt, I promise." Her eyes closed and she focused on connecting her mind to his. She pictured millions of pathways made out of different colours of light coming from two different directions, one group represented Imogen's mind and the other Brutus's. Her brow furrowed as she focused on the two groups of pathways finding each other and merging together. Imogen's eyes opened slowly, she looked somewhat tired but she forced a grin regardless. "There we go, now all you need to do is think of my name as hard as you can... I'll hear it and then I'll know to listen in on what you're thinking. That's how you can talk to me!" Imogen sounded proud of herself, she was finally doing something worthwhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rue
Brutus Magnolia - Outskirts

Brutus cocked his head to the side at Imogen's suggestion. She can listen to what he's thinking? Can she do that with everyone? He decided to give it a try. Imogen. He thought as hard as he could. Then he looked in her eyes and spoke through his thoughts. "Ok small fry, I have a couple questions. First, can you read everyone's mind at will? Two, does it hurt to do that? And three, you sure it was this you saw? I believe you, just wanna make sure. You can never be too careful."

Cazimir Heskel

Cazimir shrugged. He certainly did not mind being called by a nickname. "Well, I'm a swordsman but I bet I could teach you a thing or two." he said as he tapped the sword strapped to his waist. "And I don't mind at all with you riding with me, it'll be very much welcome. But how do you expect to get in pace on the frontlines without a mount anyway..." his voice trailed off as she suddenly sprouted white wings from her back, and just like that his question was answered. They were beautiful, very different from the wings of the man earlier, and they shimmered in the sunlight like silver. For a moment, he was mesmerized, entranced by the scene in front of him. But then she flew and flashed Cazimir a very charming smile, and as he watched her fly away, he couldn't help but smile.

This is turning out to be a strange day. he thought. Imo too? he couldn't quite wrap his head around that. It was strange that small stuff from so far ago (eight hundred years, to be exact) would haunt him now. What's next, Xena suddenly popping up at his place like old times? I wish. he thought. He remembered how she was when he last saw her. Standing at her small clinic, smiling cheerfully to greet him, strangely gentle mannered as she asked. "I'm sorry but... who are you?"

His hand tightened on the reigns. Sighing, he urged his steed forward. He shouldn't care. He hated the girl anyways. Or did he really? He knew he liked her for her cleverness. For her stubbornness and her brilliant, albeit slightly crazy ideas. But she was the reason he had no wings anymore, too. His feelings for her is a complete mess, just like she wanted it to.

Will Imogen be okay? his thoughts couldn't help but wander. Is this the right thing, continuing on interacting with her? He couldn't deny it. Unlike every other girl he had pursued in the past few decades. She has a certain... connection. She's a nice, innocent girl. Should he even risk it? Just this trip. he told himself. After this, he could just disappear into the Underworld and never be seen again. Not to mention that New Eden is huge. He could do it. Just this one trip... and then I'm done with her.

Salazaar, Outskirts of New Eden

Salazaar looked at Imogen still confused, as she was talking to Cazimir about riding with him on the horse.

It didn’t make sense to him. How could she not know what Seelie is? With the bright wings of hers, a delicate posture of pure blood faery and the name of one of their queens? How was it possible for a somebody like her not to know even this simple thing?

Imogen finished asking Caz for favour, flew next to the werewolf and started talking enthusiastically to him, though her words weren’t reaching Salazaar from this distance. However, unseelie could almost physically feel Brutus’ hostility towards him – he must have scented the damage that flames has done to him. Warlock frowned a little, when he jumped in the air and flew quite close to Cazimir.

This lycan may be a problem. Salazaar thought to himself, both a little bit worried and increasingly excited. It would appear that this trip had been getting more interesting with literally every hour.

“What an interesting little fella she is…” Salazaar told to Cazimir, purposefully breaking his thought train. Warlock could feel strange emotions swirling in half-incubus' mind, and he decided to mess a little bit with him. “Are you, by any mean, a pair? I am sorry for my boldness, but you have behaved very flirtatiously, if I do say so.”

Last edited:
Rhiannon - Outside the Gates

Rhiannon wasn’t the most possessive being out there but she felt a need to stay close to Brutus for the moment. Something hostile was on the air and she could feel it in a way that bothered her more than she cared to admit. She glanced about the group with them as they headed out. It was going to be dangerous for everyone. Her skin crawled as she scented charred flesh. The smell never sat well with her. Brutus left most of his meat uncooked when he fixed it which kept her from having to deal with that odor.

She pulled the horse into a steady trot as she did what came naturally to her kind. Her lungs halted as did the ever so slow beat of her heart as she listened. The clopping of the horses’ hooves over the hard ground drowned out most chatter. Closing her eyes she focused on recognizing each and every person she had met by the sound of their hearts and their voices. There. One she had yet to figure out. It was behind her with Cazimir. Part of her warned not to get close to that being no matter the reason. She logged the voice and that heartbeat into her memories.

Cazimir Heskel

Cazimir shrugged at the man. What was his name? Salazaar? "I wish." he simply told him as he made a grin, staring at the girl from a distance. Them, a couple? A feeling of mixed horror and hope ran from his spine, knowing it was forbidden fruit, but wanting to eat it anyway. It always starts hard. But once he gets back to the Underworld, lounging in the brothel, bedding every women he could... it should get easier to forget. To feel numb enough not to pursue this small fragment of admiration that he knew would only end in bloodshed. He hoped it will be. "Well, I behave flirtatiously with almost anyone, I'd say. Why do you ask?"

Imogen
Outskirts of New Eden, Main Gates; Heading Toward Kryamn Forest

"IMOGEN"
the young girl heard her name sound in her mind light a light headache throbbed. She looked over to Brutus and focused on his thoughts, he was asking her questions. The lycan was testing her ability, did he not believe her? His questions were born from curiousity, clairvoyance was not a common ability; in fact, Imogen had never met a single person that could do anything she could do. She understood his curiousity but was frightened by his response when she inevitably would answer him. Imogen sheepishly smiled at Brutus, "Well you see, I don't really like to talk about it... People tend to not trust someone that can read their thoughts. But yes, I can read anyone's mind at will, only if I want to though. It doesn't hurt... unless I'm looking for that feeling, you see... I can see people's thoughts, feel their feelings, relive their memories... so if they feel hurt and that's what I'm looking for, I'll feel hurt." Imogen raised an inquisitive hand to her chin as she thought about it. "I don't know how else to explain it. But as for the bloodied feathers... I'm certain this was the image in my head back at the cathedral."

Imogen looked back to the group behind her, they were starting to catch up and she didn't want them to hear her conversation with Brutus. She turned back to the lycan, "please don't tell anyone about this. I don't want them to be freaked out... I'll bring it up when I have to, OK?" She smiled again, "Let me see ... if I can see where these feathers are headed." Imogen then closed her eyes as she replicated the picture of the bloodied feathers in her mind while clearing everything else away. It was as if her entire psyche went black and the only thing that existed was the clue projected into her mind. A forest. Blackness. Gold? Feathers... blood.

Imogen opened her eyes again and looked at Brutus. "I saw a forest... it got thicker as you went in, it was creepy. There's a path but it stops before it hits a .. an abyss of just blackness. Do you know that place?"

Last edited:
Brutus Magnolia - Edge of the forest

Brutus gave the girl a nod as she asked him not to reveal her secrets. "Don't worry, small fry. I wont tell a soul. You've got a trustworthy heart, I can tell, and I want the others to see it too." His head tilted down in thought at her description of the forest, suddenly the answer came to him. "Sounds like Kryamn forest to me. I've only visited the outskirts on hunting trips, but my mom had told me stories about her and me coming through the forest to reach New Eden. The path stops about halfway in the forest, after that its up to my nose, and your visions, so stay close ok? You can even ride on my back if you get tired of flying."

He let out a howl to let the rest of his group know that they had found the scent and looked over to Rhiannon, indicating that she should follow along, before taking off into the woods.

Navyra Darling- The Gates
Navi flew over the ocean as fast as she could and without rest until she saw the fields of the land before her. With a smile, she brought herself closer to the land, sighing when her feet touched the ground. Kicking off her boots, she enjoyed the feeling of the ground beneath her before looking at the gate ahead of her. After a few moments, she made her way through and stared at the Oblitus ahead of her, her smile growing wider. Rennac, I'm coming.

Back