Overwatch: Fallen Heros (1x1)

The Omnic crisis was averted, and for a moment, the world had finally felt an ounce of peace. Despite this, people always need a scapegoat for their problems, so they turned on Overwatch, the heros who once fought for their lives. After the organization was shut down following the "deaths" of Jack Morrison and Gabriel Reyes, Reinhardt felt a great sadness. He began to visit different locations that held great importance to him.

He found himself in America, on Route 66. There was a saloon that held good memories of brothership. At one point during their downtime, the men of decided to have a drinking contest, in which Reinhardt was the undisputed champion. As he sat down to have a drink, a familiar face entered.

Last edited:
a1fb78a7e4415876e2bdd525220eac78ac483a3fv2_00.jpg

"Ugh. I need a drink."
Came the response of the man that had entered the Route 66 saloon. The man known as Jesse McCree after Overwatch fell became a Vigilante of sorts back home, although the public media seem to blame him for the crimes he helped stop. Such as that one train robbery in which he was using that as a free pass across the land. After Overwatch Fell, he took the opportunity to relax, "lay low" as he would put it as he almost didn't want anything to do with Overwatch or even Blackwatch since Reyes disappeared.

Walking into the Saloon, he was greeted by some familiar faces of his. "Hey what's up Jesse? Been hitting the outback gun-slinging again?" "Heh ha. You know it. Came here to lay low for a while, get me a drink or two to relax." "Well, we were just about to have a little drinking championship if you're interested, Jesse." "Heh. I'll pay a few." Jesse responded, tipping his hat towards the bartender in which he knew what he motioned for. "Take a seat. I think you know this gentleman here?" "Oh?" He responded as he took a seat and indeed did recognise the new man in the Saloon.

"Well I'll be damned. Reinhardt. You big German hotshot. What brings you to a place like this, old buddy?"​

Reinhardt's face immediately lit up at the sight of his former comrade. "Jesse McCree my friend! It feels like it's been ages! I was just revisiting some memories before I head back to Germany. Remember the time we had that drinking contest here? I was impressed by you, though I was surprised that Reyes turned out to be such a light weight." Having missed his time in Overwatch, the sight of McCree had filled Reinhardt with joy he hadn't felt in a long time. His loud, booming voice had every head turned in their direction.

"Heh ha. Well you know the old geezer never really was good at lifting despite his appearance." Jesse exclaimed as he smirked towards the others. "Ah yeah. I remember that contest. Didn't you win that one? I honestly cannot remember." "I pretty sure I remember you winning the last one, Jesse. You were pretty good at holding it down ya." "Heh. You're just sayin that. Anyways. It's definitely been a while, eh Reinhardt? Still fulfilling your glory days over at Germany or are you retirin'?"

"Well, I'm not as young as I used to be. Now that I think about it, I haven't been young in a long time haha! But all in seriousness, I took up an oath. I will protect people until the day I die. After I've hit a few landmarks, I'm heading back to Europe. So, what've you been doing lately? I can't imagine you've gotten lazy."

"Well... I'm not sure if you've even seen the news lately, old buddy." Jesse exclaimed in a low tone. "I suppose you two haven't been in much contact after Overwatch fell, huh? McCree became a vigilante 'round these parts. But sadly all the crimes he helped stop, he got the blame for." "That's right. Sorry Reinhardt, but I'm not exactly the same cowboy you met before in Blackwatch." "Ah, enough talk about the past. Let's drink!" The Bartender exclaimed as he brought over the drinks for everyone. "Considering this is a reunion of yours, Jesse, don't worry about paying. On the house." "Cheers, buddy."

Reinhardt accepted the drink. "Cheers, my friend!" To think that people were still blaming overwatch for their problems, even after it's destruction. "You know, we may not always be the hero to everyone, they may blame us for their problems. But at the end of the day, they still need us. If protecting the innocent means you're the villain now, then so be it." The days of glory are over, people don't want heros anymore. But Reinhardt remembered Balderich's final words to him; "Live with honor." He mumbled these words under his breath a couple times before returning to the conversation. "So, have you kept in contact with anyone from the glory days? I still spend the holidays with Torbjorn and his family."

"Not anyone in particular. Not since Reyes disappeared from Blackwatch and Genji went to do his own thing." Jesse responded, taking a swig of his whiskey. "To be honest, I'm not really cut out for this Overwatch thing anymore. Not since Morrison kicked the bucket and everyone disbanded. Sigh..." "Eh, relax Jesse. You're alright. You've got us here backin' you up." "Yeah. You're right 'bout that. So how is the little dwarf? Still building those fancy contraptions of his?"

"Haha, I'll let him know you called him a dwarf. He's doing well. He's been spending time with his family for the time being. His youngest daughter, Brigitte, has been showing a lot of interest in my days as a Crusader. Not really sure what that's about." As Reinhardt was talking, 3 men entered the saloon, dressed in dark colors. Reinhardt noticed the weapons they were trying to keep hidden. While 2 remained close to the door, one approached the bartender, asking "Do you know where I can find a man named Jesse McCree?"

McCree saw the men entire the Saloon asking about him, and kept his hat lowered so that his face was kept in shadows. "McCree isn't here. Last I saw he went towards that one train that was coming through here. I can leave a message if he ever comes back. Although from the looks of things you don't all look friendly. I'd like to ask you all to take a seat but something tells me you're not here for a friendly little conversation."

@ShadowCoyote0

The man simply grinned. "We're just here on business." He then looked around and spoke loudly. "Well here's a message for McCree. Don't bother showing up to that train, because there'll be nothing left of it when we're through with it!" Reinhardt looked at McCree with concern. Eventually, he recognized the emblem on the man's clothing. He was with Talon.

"..." McCree kept silent when he heard that there's a message for him. However, once he had heard about a train being reduced to nothing when they were through with it caused him to stand up and approach the men.

a1fb78a7e4415876e2bdd525220eac78ac483a3fv2_00.jpg

"I don't think you men are going to get away with that." Jesse stated as he stood towards them, getting his hand ready by his peacemaker. "Now how about you kindly leave that train alone? Or else we'll have problem's."

@ShadowCoyote0

Reinhardt stood with McCree. He wasn't armed, but he hold his own in close combat. The two men by the door brought out their rifles from their coats. The leader eyed the two and they lowered their guns. "Hmm, guess you got back while I was talking. Now, I'm not here to make enemies with you; in fact, you got what we're looking for. You've been, shall we say, recommended. You may have caused us issues in the past, but that doesn't mean we can't put our differences aside." He then reached his hand out for a handshake. "So, will you hear me out?

"Considerin that you fine folks had a message for me that involved a certain train that's comin' through, I'm afraid I can't let you get away with that." McCree stated with a confident smirk on his face, still holding his cigar. "Reinhardt, looks like we'll be working together again. How about we work together to get rid of these guys before they start to cause some trouble."

Meanwhile on the TV mounted on the wall of the bar, a new report came in. "This just in. A man that goes by the name of McCree stopped a robbery in the Ramen shop Rikimaru in Hanamura."

Noodle_Shootout.jpg

"Following the events of the robbery involved a shoot-out between the so-called Vigilante and the robbers outside, resulting in some property damage and many bullets littered about the area. We have a word from a pundit known as Joel Morricone, Joel, what do you think about this so called Vigilante causing such damage while stopping a robbery in the process?" "Well, I believe that whoever this man is should be welcomed due to the recent high-rise in crime rate in this area. Those who do not believe that vigilantism is not accepted are just asking to be robbed more and more. I believe that he should be welcomed here for his efforts, despite his methods." "And there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Back to you in the studio."

"Ah, crap. Hey Reinhardt about that news report... I can explain."

@ShadowCoyote0

Back