XCOM - A Hidden Truth P R O L O G U E - Genesis I - || 'A Place to call Home...'

Zangyl

@Raffia Kiryuin

"Honey, i'm home!" she said as she closed the front door behind her. Pulling down her coat's hood, she looked through the empty hallway as she slowly walked through. "Honey..?" she asked; her voice feeble and small. She had just returned from her work at the hospital and as of such was still wearing her nurse's outfit.

"Oh, errr... hold on!" A low, male voice suddenly replied. The voice surprised her and made her squeek quietly, freezing where she stood. "Oh my God, Miles! You scared me!" She said whilst absentmindedly rounding the corner.

"Argh, come-on Claire...!?" that same low male voice said. It came from a broad shouldered, brightly smiling guy with big emerald green eyes that glimmered joyously. In his - surprisingly large - hands he held a bag filled with freshly plucked rose petals. "I asked you to hold on..." he remarked as he faked how very sad he was by furrowing his brows and pouting his lips.

The sudden change of Miles' facial expression made Claire burst into laughter; her clear and pleasant voice brightening up and flushing away Miles' fake, sad expression. "You've been busy, i see." she said; placing her left hand on her hip in a aluring manner as her eyes scanned the room; dimly lit, scented candles stood upon the small table in the corner and rose petals were precisely sprinkled in the shape of a heart. Her sense of smell - and as of such, her nose - was pleasantly surprised as the sweet and pleasing scent of cherries and strawberries further spread through the room. Suddenly her eyes widened as she realized what the petals meant for her; "A-Are those rose petals? Are you... what on Earth could you be doing with those..?" she asked and giggled whilst she continued; "-... you realize they'll be a bother to clean up, right?"

Miles simply looked at her; chuckling and shaking his head at the same time. He was wearing naught but a pair of grey sweatpants, which revealed his strong and muscular upper body in all of its naked glory. "It's our anniversary, honey..." he said whilst averting his gaze downwards towards his bare feet.

One would think her eyes couldn't widen more than they already had that night, but they did either way; her pupils doubled in size and her - perfectly - blue irises flared with joy as she ran towards Miles, whom had already yanked his head back up in surprise, held his arms in front of his large chest in a protective manner and began raising up to his full, imposing length...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@TheGreenerGrey

Pending...

Last edited:
@Zangyl

North Atlantic coast USA...21:30

The night sky seemed all clear and quiet save for the occasioanl cloud blocking the moonlight. As the waves hit the shore a distant rumble could be heard coming from an absolutely massive plane. It was white and orange in color but something was off about it. The thing looked ancient and rusted. some panels slowly peeling off, revealing the crafts inner workings.
"We are nearing the coastline of...north america?" A feminine voice rang out through the speakers in the plane, informing its only crew member of their location. The voice seemed thoughtful as if it tried remembering something...

Flashback: Oort cloud
A green shimmer emerged from within the dusty depts of the oort cloud. As the icy cold gasses are heated up by an unkown green signal which looked more like a green plasma bolt traveling through space. As the shimmer gets closer to the edge of the oort cloud it increases in intensity and not long before a brillinat green leght erupted from the dust, zipping right past a satellite and shorting it out just by being too close to it.
Skipping past Neptune and Uranus her approach on Saturn ended in a spectacular explosion of green energy as her signal bounced off of the gas giant. the blast encompassing the gassy globe three times over before dying down. Plowing right through the rings of Saturn her path headed to the space between Jupiter and its rings where gravity shifted the signals trajectory enough to skim past the polar ice caps of Mars. her entry into mars's thin atmosphere ignited the ice itself as it melted. for a short few weeks mars once more would have liquid water. another little gravitational tug sent the massively powerful signal hurtling towards earth where it would bounce off once more if not caught...

North Atlantic coast USA...21:35
A bang echoed throughout the plane, tearing the thoughtful voice out of her musings. "E-eeeengine five...critical failure." the voice announced while doing some thrust balancing to keep the plane going straight but a tad bit slower. An top down image of the plane showed that the left second engine had completely burnt out and stood no hopes of getting it back up and running. "we gotta ditch the cargo if we want to remain airborne... one more engine and this thing is going down."

@Raffia Kiryuin

Even before getting close enough to Miles, Claire stumbled over her feet as a loud, terrifying sound had scared her. She fall right into Miles, who struggled to remain upright. Panting due to her fright, Claire mumbled; "W-What... What the hell was that..?" Her eyes were as wide as they were earlier and her heart was racing.

"I... I have no idea..." The strong and steadfast man replied as he took Claire's cold, shivering hands into his own and held them close to his chest. "However, it sounded like an explosion..."

"Exactly like an explosion..." Claire noted; and laid her head into the hollow of Miles' neck and stared right out the window; her eyes gazing over the blue waves of the North Atlantic Ocean...

"What the..." he yelled out; looking at the old and - more than - slightly dated screens in front of him. The data showed nothing out of the ordinary, except for a sudden increase in filled memory. He scratched the back of his head as he stood up from the chair he had been sitting on for the majority of the flight and groaned; his butt hurt.

"Argh... why does stuff always have to happen on the flights i tend to..." he exclaimed as he moved towards the cockpit. His black leather bodywarmer was revealing enough to show the majority of his upper body, except for the shoulders, back and side and acted more as protection from sparking connections rather than against the actual cold. His grey cargopants were sporting quite large tears, and one of them only got bigger as he bashed into one of those connections. "Ahhh! For fuck sake!" He yelled out before brutally pushing the door into the cockpit open. Slamming it shut behind him, he walked towards the control panels and sat down on the chair in front of them, groaning once again.

"I hate this rustbucket..." he noted as his fingers flew over the keyboard in front of him. The buttons were old and grey and the letters they represented were barely visible due to the many years of usage - and lack of spare parts.

"Let's see where the fuck that voice came from..." he said, and one could hear the dedicated undertone in his clear and warm voice. He scratched the thick, black stubble on his chin before sighing; "-please don't be something major..."

As the man sat down in the chair several consoles and screens would come online. behind a cracked glass protector there was a screen showing the exact issue. the fuel pipe leading to engine five had snapped and the thing burned out.

"Welcome...pilot data missing." A mechanical male voice said through the microphones while the chair that he was sat into moved forwards with an awful rusty squeak followed by an abrupt stop right as the joystick used to manually control the plane settled between his legs. It was a rather interesting design choice to put fighter jet controls into such an large cargo plane. "Thrust balanccccc..." The obviously mechanical male voice tried to announce something else before glitching out. "Man that thing is so persistent." The female voice returned once again

Her tone then suddenly changed as she said. "Who are you calling a rustbucket...be happy im keeping the thing afloat." She said as another screen went red and an beeping alarm rang out. on the screen there was another error depicting a clamp having a failure. [Release failure]

@Raffia Kiryuin

He sighed as the seat suddenly moved forward and forced the joystick right between his - already thick - legs. He groaned as he felt how the entire console with the joystick was now pushing into his groin. "-yeah okay... close enough. Stop!" He said as he tried to scoot back into his seat; but failing. "Whoever built this... my God..." He exclaimed before checking the screens for any new data. When the processed, male voice began talking again all he could do was try to scoot back even further, protecting his groin with his hands whilst saying; "No, no! I'm fine! No need to-..." He then realised its voice got stuck trying to prounce - what he expected would be - 'balance'.

"Great... glitching audio..." he noted before hearing the new, natural sounding voice. It's natural sound frightened him, causing him to grip the sides of the chair as he said; "What the actuall-..." He then heard how the voice began scrutinizing him for calling the ship a rustbucket, which caused him to stammer at his next attempt to speak; "W-W-What... is going on-..." And again he was interupted as a beeping alarm began urging him to shift his attention to the screens in front of him. When he realized they were blinking red, his eyes widened and his fingers were already rushing over the keyboard; the joystuck pressing into his groin uncomfortably.

"What?! A clamp failure?! Now?!" He yelled as he looked at yet another screen and sighed; "Fuck! We're above the fucking ocean... i don't need to drop here!" He then noticed the other alarm and caution notifications that were pushed to the background by the new alarm. "And engine five is failing? Oh for fuck's sake... come on!" For a moment he forgot the female voice inside the craft and was completely focussed on trying to prevent the ship from dropping its precious cargo here, or - even worse - crashing...

"Sorry....sorry still getting the hang of this thing..." The natural sounding female voice said and moved the chair back a bit...just a bit though as the rusty drive chain finally snapped with a loud pang while the motor came to a screeching halt. "Whoops..."

Another blue screen would show their exact location and it seemed they were less than a mile away from the coast and were getting closer and closer by the second. that screen though would soon change to show a correction to their heading towards what seemed like an open field. if the two red alarms weren't enough already a third one joined in as yet another screen turned on. A 3d model if the plane zoomed in around the burn out engine to show an X-ray of the wings structure with several red areas while large text flashed above the image saying [structural instability: Heat warping]

From the inside of the plane an shearing metal sound could be heard just moments before the entire thing listed to one side. The Regular structural warning was replaced by an red alarm. "Damn just lost half a wing...aaaand engine six too apparently." Said the woman yet the plane leveled back out as she moved the replacing flaps of the wings to try and force the plane to fly somewhat level.

He felt how the pressure on his groin slowly decreased, and sighed; "Argh... that was close." He then raised an eyebrow at the sound of the screeching motor and the loud pang; "Did that just... oh marvelous. Even more stuff i got to fix..." He then yanked his head towards the screen that just turned on and his eyes widened as the 3d model showed the current state of the craft; "Uhm... we're gonna lose-..."

He couldn't even finish the sentence, as yet again the woman's voice rang out and announced that they just lost a wing and - obviously - engine six. "-... great..." was all he had left to reply.

His ears were ringing as he simply stared at another screen; "What... the... actual... fuck..."

"I think i got it..." The voice said as the plane went somewhat level. it was still listing to the left a bit but with the help of rudders and flaps she got the thing going in a straight line. She really felt glad that this plane was easy to fly and was made to withstand almost anything.

one of the red screens turned off as the image changed once more, but this time it was different a vast empty black field with a massive jungle of skyscrapers in the background. After a few moments of the emptiness and no motion what so ever a skyscraper collapsed, indicating that something broke within the plane once more. Meanwhile a green wireframe of a figure appeared before filling in with faces as those were in turn filled and further refined with a texture. That whole process took less than 10 seconds and revealed a small girl with a charcoal black skin and striking green eyes. Hair followed soon after as it rapidly grew to be obscenely long and reach all the way down to her butt.

"Kinda ironic isnt it? this is exactly how it all began 24 billion years ago...only i was in your seat pilot unknown." Said the girl. even though her lips moved in the image he was seeing her voice still came from the speakers dotted around the plane.

"Y-You... who are you... no, what the hell are you?" He cried out; only to suddenly raise his left hand up to shield his eyes in fear as one of the red screens suddenly turned off and on, showing a vast emptiness which was replaced by what appeared to be a wire-framed woman.

"Pilot... unknown..?" He asked and blinked once or twice, trying to understand what was going on. "No, huh? You mean me? Oh..." He said; flustered as he tried looking anywhere but at the beautiful, petite girl. Scratching his stubble, he 'appeared' to be checking other gauges and screens; a slight blush on his strong, stubble covered cheeks.

Right when he gathered more air to speak again, something new came into view; land.

"Holy fu-..." He started, staring in awe at the enormous landmass in front of him; the surprise of actually getting there having forced him to forget about the strange girl on view.

Last edited:
"Oh right...organics don't know about my kind." The voice said while the girl in the screen watched some other building collapse as she lost the fuel compressor for engine six...which didn't exist anymore anyways. "The name is Zenith...and machines are my domain." the voice said once more while the woman on the screen raised both her arms with the forest of skyscrapers behind her.

As the landmass came into view the plane shook for a bit as it entered some turbulence but soon enough stopped when Zenith began compensating for some of the shaking with her piloting.

[We are now entering the A-aaaaaaa-]
A distorted mechanical male voice partially announced something before Zenith interrupted it. "Man this thing is so persistent...just how many times do i have to delete it? Anyways we have reached the continent of...north america i believe."

"Z-Zenith..." He said; still quite unable to believe that he actually met somebody from a 'different kind' that wasn't part of ADVENT.

When the mechanical voice tried to announce something again, his eyes widened and partially closed soon after as Zenith seemed to have interupted it and stated how it was very persistent. Coughing a little, he looked at the screen on which he could see her and said; "It's... It's meant to be persistent; being the one who controls the majority of the craft's functions..."

He then simply looked over the landmass and chuckled; "North America... i've made it! Now... now i-..." he coughed; interupting himself before apologizing; "-we have to find a place to land..."

Right at that moment, a second, even louder explosion sounded somewhere in the back of the craft; ripping away meters of fuselage and leaving a gaping hole in the craft's supporting structure.

"Shit..." he said as the altometer began decreasing rapidly. His heartbeat however, increased. Especially after he realized that they, in fact, were going down...

"Right a landing zone...landing zone..." Zenith muttered as she moved the planes cameras around, searching for any place to land. all she saw were forests upon forests with some tiny patches of deforested places. all too small to land this behemoth of a plane. Well in the state the plane is in right now Zenith was quite alright with waiting longer to get a landing area fit for the plane.

Unfortunately her confidence in the plane went the moment she noticed another skyscraper collapse behind her...and then began the onslaught of red alarms and warnings. the explosion ripping a massive chunk off of the plane as chunks of the fuselage went flying backwards, hitting one of the rudders. That said rudder suddenly broke off as it got hit by a bigger chunk. "Shit shit shit shit!" Zenith seemed to be in a bit of a panic as she tried salvaging what she can.

The explosion was luckily powerful enough to dislodge the pair of containers as their clamps finally released, dropping them into the forest below. Both coming to an screeching halt and in a mangled mess down below. "Come on you rustbucket get your heavy ass back up!" With the extra dead weight of her cargo gone Zenith struggled to level out the plane and for a moment is seemed like it was working as they went on for another mile with somewhat stable flight. Its only after some time when the actual damage to the structure of the planes entire real made itself apparent she she split in half midair.

"Oh you gotta be fucking with me now..." Zenith groaned when the rear end of the plane simply went. several skyscrapers behind her going dark to represent the loss of some systems. "This is where we part our ways Pilot unknown....Ironically enough the same meatbags that built this cant survive it falling." With those parting words the cockpit of the plane suddenly was filled with multitudes of rapid small explosions as they snapped bolts and electrical connections. The fuselage quite literally flying off of the cockpit, exposing it to the elements. He only would have like 3 seconds to react before she seat he was in would get fired out with its parachute deploying.

he would be able to watch the plane fly further on overhead just moments before another explosion rocked it. this time it was engine 2 exploding and cutting off the fuel lines for engine 3. Without sufficient thrust the plane lost altitude once more. its bottom scraping against the treetops. going down lower and lower its carved a path of destruction and fire in the forest before impacting the ground with an audible crash even he could hear despite being so far away from it. after a few more moments of silence from the plane two more explosions came from it as the remaining engines wet boom while Zenith herself retreated to the planes black box in hopes of somebody finding her before the archaic piece of tech fails from the strain of her just being in it.

Back