Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ngh?!"

As Jensen gathered his bearings after being knocked back, setting his sights on the mysterious new woman who appeared before them all of a sudden, he narrowed his eyes, almost instantly feeling uneasy around her as he could definitely feel her dark aura, even though scientifically speaking, there was nothing out of the ordinary about her, or so his Smart Vision could detect.

Still, he kept cautious, keeping the glass lens over his eyes as though to hide his full expression from her.

"Fine, then. Let's talk, and start simple. Who are you? Did you bring us here?" He asked forwardly. The strange woman spoke with an enigmatically familiar tone, but maybe that was just his imagination. He couldn't be sure; he couldn't ever be sure.

@Jeremi @Lucky @York @Everybody

"Simple questions deserve simple answers,"
The woman replied before continuing. "I am Ultimecia, and while I summoned you to this tower, I am not the cause of your current predicament. That is the cause of another."

Chris Eriksen

" Why did you call that place your prison?" Chris asked. He felt unnerved by this lady.

@Jeremi @Ver @York

"Because that is what it was,"
She stated simply as she turned to face Chris.

"A more pertinent question," Jihl replied almost rolling her eyes at Chris. "Why were you inside of said crystal?"

Ultimecia chuckled. "Now that is an interesting question. The simple answer would be that...I was actively fighting against the oppression of this 'world' and was punished for it."

"What do you mean?" Shelke asked in turn.

"It will be easier to show you." Casually she floated past the group towards the stairs leading back down to the entrance. "With my pawns in place perhaps the shackles can finally be broken."

@Crow @Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @Yun Lee

Last edited:

What had been a small crack now was a fissure that spread over the entire crystal. More and more cracks were forming and the entire crystal tower was shaking. The once welcoming glow was now being devoured by a dark purple light that was shining through the cracks. A violent shockwave pushed everyone in the room back as the crystal finally shattered in a flurry of black feathers as it revealed its contents.

tumblr_ovtamxK9NX1sjiojbo3_540.gif

Where the crystal once floated was now a woman dressed in a red dress and black wings on her back as she floated slowly to the floor. See seemed dazed and confused for a moment before her attention was aimed squarely at the group, a calm smirk crept up on her face. "Ah, my saviors, I thank you from releasing me from my prison. I imagine you have a lot of...questions. Perhaps I can provide you with the answers you seek?" Whoever this person was it was clear that she had an aura of darkness around her. Was she someone the group could trust?​

@Crow @Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @Yun Lee

"!!!" Suddenly being pushed back, Hiro gasped as he slid across the floor for a moment.

"Ngh?" Grunting as he sat up, his gaze went to the woman, nefore quickly searching for Chris and Maribel to check on them. The redhead pushed Hiro's hand away, muttering that she was alright before shakily getting to her feet and dusting herself off.

Chris Eriksen

" Why did you call that place your prison?" Chris asked. He felt unnerved by this lady.

@Jeremi @Ver @York

Hiro stood near Chris, hand resting on his Bamboo Spear yet not drawing the weapon while Maribel stood to Chris' other side, dagger in hand.

"Simple questions deserve simple answers," The woman replied before continuing. "I am Ultimecia, and while I summoned you to this tower, I am not the cause of your current predicament. That is the cause of another."

"Because that is what it was,"
She stated simply as she turned to face Chris.

"A more pertinent question," Jihl replied almost rolling her eyes at Chris. "Why were you inside of said crystal?"

Ultimecia chuckled. "Now that is an interesting question. The simple answer would be that...I was actively fighting against the oppression of this 'world' and was punished for it."

"What do you mean?" Shelke asked in turn.

"It will be easier to show you." Casually she floated past the group towards the stairs leading back down to the entrance. "With my pawns in place perhaps the shackles can finally be broken."

"Your pawns?" Maribel asked with a light scowl. She hoped this woman didnt mean her, she didn't like the thought of being someone's pawn.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Crow @Everyone

jen1592212-zps3df51629.jpg

"... The oppression of the world, huh?"

Vague, broad, yet resonant. Even if Adam didn't 100% trust this woman, her words, brief as they were, struck a soft chord within him. Everywhere he went, there was always a world of injustice in front of him, with many benefiting at the direct expense of others. It was easy to warp that kind of battle against oppression -- he'd seen that kind of warped ideal firsthand -- but here he was, still fighting for it, still believing in something greater than what presently existed.

Still, he said nothing more, continuing to follow the woman who introduced herself as Ultimecia, carrying with him a wary air. They weren't out of the woods yet, so it would be fortuitous to keep his guard up at all costs.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Everybody

jen1592212-zps3df51629.jpg

"... The oppression of the world, huh?"

Vague, broad, yet resonant. Even if Adam didn't 100% trust this woman, her words, brief as they were, struck a soft chord within him. Everywhere he went, there was always a world of injustice in front of him, with many benefiting at the direct expense of others. It was easy to warp that kind of battle against oppression -- he'd seen that kind of warped ideal firsthand -- but here he was, still fighting for it, still believing in something greater than what presently existed.

Still, he said nothing more, continuing to follow the woman who introduced herself as Ultimecia, carrying with him a wary air. They weren't out of the woods yet, so it would be fortuitous to keep his guard up at all costs.

Ultimecia said nothing more as she lead the group back down to the entrance area as she made her way to the center. "Everyone, come a little closer." Obliging the group stepped closer into the circle. The sorceresses hand glowed as the circle around them came to life with light. The group felt a slight discomfort as their entire being was sent hurling through space to some place new.

latest

When they recovered the group found themselves standing inside a new structure. "And where have you brought us now?" Jihl asked annoyed, it was clear she wasn't happy at being tugged along like this.

"To where we need to be," Ultimecia replied cryptically as she floated off towards the exit.​

jen792312-zpsdfb7864a.jpg

"And just where is that?" Jensen questioned Ultimecia, continuing to try and scan the surrounding area for something -- anything. Traps, something out of the ordinary, the whole nine yards. The build-up was uneasy, like waiting for something bad to happen. He knew some such event would occur soon, but he wasn't sure about the what or the when. Only that it was coming at all.

With that, he continued following the strange woman, unable to do much more than that.

jen792312-zpsdfb7864a.jpg

"And just where is that?" Jensen questioned Ultimecia, continuing to try and scan the surrounding area for something -- anything. Traps, something out of the ordinary, the whole nine yards. The build-up was uneasy, like waiting for something bad to happen. He knew some such event would occur soon, but he wasn't sure about the what or the when. Only that it was coming at all.

With that, he continued following the strange woman, unable to do much more than that.

Ultimecia spoke up as she lead them on. "Transportation, of course." Jensen couldn't find anything heinous with his scan. It was clear that they were inside a metallic structure of some sort, but these energy readings where nothing that he had seen before. Whatever this place was it was operational.

latest

The light blue dim of the lights continued when they reached to a flight of stairs. "It was a stroke of luck that I found this thing when I did. I managed to hide it from our oppressor, because I believe it has the necessary equipment to aid us." She lead the group up the first and second flight of stairs into a new area.

latest

As they entered the only thing staring at them from the glass was a dark abyss. "This looks like a bridge of some sort..." Jihl mused as she stepped further in.

"You would be correct, what you find yourselves inside is an airship, more precisely, it is a weapon. "
Shelke as well went to inspect the bridge area as Ultimecia continued. "I believe none of you quite understand the dire situation that you are in, I think it is time for me to elaborate further. You are all survivors. Survivors of such a cataclysmic event that destroyed your entire reality. Like flotsam you survived and woke up here where you will now stage your counterattack."

Ultimecia spoke up as she lead them on. "Transportation, of course." Jensen couldn't find anything heinous with his scan. It was clear that they were inside a metallic structure of some sort, but these energy readings where nothing that he had seen before. Whatever this place was it was operational.

latest

The light blue dim of the lights continued when they reached to a flight of stairs. "It was a stroke of luck that I found this thing when I did. I managed to hide it from our oppressor, because I believe it has the necessary equipment to aid us." She lead the group up the first and second flight of stairs into a new area.

latest

As they entered the only thing staring at them from the glass was a dark abyss. "This looks like a bridge of some sort..." Jihl mused as she stepped further in.

"You would be correct, what you find yourselves inside is an airship, more precisely, it is a weapon. "
Shelke as well went to inspect the bridge area as Ultimecia continued. "I believe none of you quite understand the dire situation that you are in, I think it is time for me to elaborate further. You are all survivors. Survivors of such a cataclysmic event that destroyed your entire reality. Like flotsam you survived and woke up here where you will now stage your counterattack."

"A cataclysmic event? What kind of event are you talking about?" Maribel spoke, turning to Ultimecia then. One that destroyed their reality? No way! There was no way that something like that would happen!

Hiro placed a hand on Maribel's shoulder to try and help her remain calm, though wondered what exactly happened to his home and began to grow concerned.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Everyone

"Is that so..."

That was all Jensen said as his expression darkened slightly. Even with his eyes obscured by his cybernetic shades, the man held a soft, yet serious, mien to him as the news was dropped so casually. He covered his mouth with his hand, as though needing to catch his own breath, and turned around, as though to let the others believe he needed a moment... though in truth, he was feigning, not that it seemed to matter to the others how he presented himself at that moment, but still, he needed such discretion.

With his usual calm, cool voice that he always carried, evidently "pretending" to be shocked, Jensen spoke in a hushed, soft tone toward Jihl. "Do you buy it? Sounds like a set up to me..."

Charles Eriksen and Chris Eriksen

" What do you mean that we are survivors?"
Chris asked, not wanting to know the answer to that question. Did that mean their neighbors were dead? Oh god, what happened to the rest of the world.

Charles looked over at his son and decided to ask the better question. "
I have four questions. 1) Why us to be the survivors? 2 and 3) Will this fix what the oppressor and who are they?. But lastly, how do we know that you are telling us the truth?"

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Everybody

"Is that so..."

That was all Jensen said as his expression darkened slightly. Even with his eyes obscured by his cybernetic shades, the man held a soft, yet serious, mien to him as the news was dropped so casually. He covered his mouth with his hand, as though needing to catch his own breath, and turned around, as though to let the others believe he needed a moment... though in truth, he was feigning, not that it seemed to matter to the others how he presented himself at that moment, but still, he needed such discretion.

With his usual calm, cool voice that he always carried, evidently "pretending" to be shocked, Jensen spoke in a hushed, soft tone toward Jihl. "Do you buy it? Sounds like a set up to me..."

"The scope certainly sounds...massive,"
Jihl replied softly to Jensen as she was trying to figure out how the hell this thing would work. "If true our enemy is on a scale that I have never seen before."

"A cataclysmic event? What kind of event are you talking about?" Maribel spoke, turning to Ultimecia then. One that destroyed their reality? No way! There was no way that something like that would happen!

Hiro placed a hand on Maribel's shoulder to try and help her remain calm, though wondered what exactly happened to his home and began to grow concerned.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Everyone

" What do you mean that we are survivors?"
Chris asked, not wanting to know the answer to that question. Did that mean their neighbors were dead? Oh god, what happened to the rest of the world.

Charles looked over at his son and decided to ask the better question. "
I have four questions. 1) Why us to be the survivors? 2 and 3) Will this fix what the oppressor and who are they?. But lastly, how do we know that you are telling us the truth?"

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Everybody

"You being the survivors is nothing but a random draw, neither you or your son would have been my first choice," Ultimecia responded to Charles. "And not they 'it', our foe is singular and powerful but I have a trick as to how we will defeat it." To his final question Ultimecia only smiled. "You don't, but in your current situation you can't do anything else but trust me, can you?"

As she spoke the place suddenly started to rumble. "What's happening?" Jihl shouted out.

"I think I found the ignition,"
Shelke responded as a panel had come to life in front of her. The entire construct continued to rumble as it seemed like it was moving upwards.

From under the desert their airship rose allowing the group to see how far the desert stretched on as they rose higher into the sky. "There is one problem solved, good work, child." Ultimecia replied as she took the helm. "Since we have gotten this far it is time to tell you all who our enemy is. You see it all around you. We are inside the belly of the beast itself."

jen1192212-zps110c4787.jpg

"Well, then. Let's hope it's all just a bluff, then. As we are, I don't exactly have much faith that we can contend against someone as powerful as that. We'd... need backup," Jensen murmured lowly toward Jihl, though if it was so easy for either of them, they would have been picked up already by now. Nothing was ever so easy as that.

Of course, despite his words, it was difficult, even with his Smart Vision, to ascertain just how truthful Ultimecia's words were. Her vitals and life signs hardly betrayed her words, speaking clearly, confidently, and calmly. Either she was being entirely truthful, or she was just that good. Adam didn't know what was worse.

As the structure everyone was in rumbled and began to take off, revealing itself to be some sort of airship, Adam crossed his arms upon composing himself, looking toward the woman. "Belly of the beast? What are you talking about?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Everybody

jen1192212-zps110c4787.jpg

"Well, then. Let's hope it's all just a bluff, then. As we are, I don't exactly have much faith that we can contend against someone as powerful as that. We'd... need backup," Jensen murmured lowly toward Jihl, though if it was so easy for either of them, they would have been picked up already by now. Nothing was ever so easy as that.

Of course, despite his words, it was difficult, even with his Smart Vision, to ascertain just how truthful Ultimecia's words were. Her vitals and life signs hardly betrayed her words, speaking clearly, confidently, and calmly. Either she was being entirely truthful, or she was just that good. Adam didn't know what was worse.

As the structure everyone was in rumbled and began to take off, revealing itself to be some sort of airship, Adam crossed his arms upon composing himself, looking toward the woman. "Belly of the beast? What are you talking about?"

Ultimecia gave Jensen a coy smile before she continued. "Once it was called Sin. A creature of great destructive power in its own world."

The sorcerer conjured up an image of a monstrous whale like beast before dissolving it into black feathers. "A menace for sure but confined in its own realm. Until...the parasite. A being able to break through the barriers of worlds attached itself to this monster turning it into what it is now. The Reality Devourer. But do not fret, I have a plan." Realizing that this was probably a lot to digest she let her words sink in for a moment waiting on them to react to her.​

Chris Eriksen and Charles Eriksen

" You never answered my other query. Once we defeat it, the monster we are inside, will the worlds be restored or are we simply going to be lost and worldess?"
Charles asked again.

" So, what's the plan?" Chris asked.

@Jeremi @Crow @Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @Yun Lee

"With my plan everything will be resolved in a way that will positive to all of us," Ultimecia responded to the disheveled father. "I have many powers at my disposal. One of them being space and time. Once we reach its core I will compress time into a single singularity. Past, present and future merge into one spot. When we kill it, it dies through all eras making so that everything that has happened does not. In theory at least."

"A lot to base on for just a theory,
" Jihl replied, but Ultimecia didn't seem to be concerned by her words. "Our lives are on the line if you're wrong about this."

"You can all feel free to wander these planes for all eternity, but with my plan there is still...hope for a future."

@Jeremi @Crow @Ver @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Crow @Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @Yun Lee

jen892212-zpsdd0816fa.jpg

"As much as I hate to admit it, she has a point, Jihl," the man murmured softly to the bespectacled woman, as though wanting to keep his voice low and concealed, "For now, it doesn't seem like we have any other choice. We can't exactly just sit idly by and do nothing to try and restore everything, after all."

To Ultimecia, he cleared his throat. "We'll work with you. Seems like you're not giving us much alternative anyway. Let's get going then."

jen892212-zpsdd0816fa.jpg

"As much as I hate to admit it, she has a point, Jihl," the man murmured softly to the bespectacled woman, as though wanting to keep his voice low and concealed, "For now, it doesn't seem like we have any other choice. We can't exactly just sit idly by and do nothing to try and restore everything, after all."

To Ultimecia, he cleared his throat. "We'll work with you. Seems like you're not giving us much alternative anyway. Let's get going then."

"There is always an alternative, but it pleases me that you have chosen the right one."
Jihl decided not to protest further and instead tried to wrap her head around how to pilot the ship and after some trial and error they were off.

As Ultimecia instructed Jihl on where they were heading the group could look outside through the windows at the world under them. From high above the group could tell that there was something off about this place. Futuristic cities that didn't belong next to an idyllic open grass land before more dessert engulfed it all once again. "This is a place that shouldn't be." Shelke said aloud as she looked down on the ever changing landscape. "I do not trust that woman, but I trust this place even less. If we have the means then we must destroy it."

jen292212-zps632d7001.jpg

"Well, let's not be so hasty. I think I can see my house from here," Adam said dryly in response to Shelke's discomfort, almost as though teasing the young girl, though it might have been rather difficult to tell given his ever low, detached voice. Standing next to her, the man crossed his arms and looked over the view. The idyllic grass that looked pristine, untouched by man. The futuristic cities that reminded him of home, and might have even been something resembling his home world. And so on. There was definitely a lot to process here, but lucky for Jensen, he was just able to process such things faster than the normal human.

With a tired sigh, left with nothing to do but wait for the time being, the older man went on. "We don't have a lot to go off right now. Without someone to guide us, we'd be lost in the dark, and besides..." He paused briefly, before continuing.

"If she does turn out to be just using us, I'll be sure to spring that trap. I've dealt with people like that before."

People who thought they were playing with the strings of their subjects, their puppets. People who believed themselves to be the masterminds of their operations. Man always seemed to have such a high opinion of himself. That much was constant everywhere, it seemed.

" This looks weirder and beautiful at the same time. Is all of this happening because the world he is eating combining to one?"
Chris asked the other woman they had freed.

"
Yeah, this isn't right and it's downright creepy," he mumbled in agreement.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @Everybody

"This is SO fucked..." Joy had been silent for the most part, the horrifying darkness she had experienced trying to speak to that cannibal psycho causing her to freak out and cool off. It wasn't helping that apparently her "reality" was destroyed? What the fuck did that even mean?! Was her mom okay? Was the entirety of Salem destroyed? Her whole world? Or was it that her existence was erased? She didn't know. All she knew was that she needed to get away from this bullshit situation as soon as possible!

"Look, I don't trust anyone right now," Joy confessed. "I just want to go home, and if this lady says she can help us, then fine. It's not like we have any other options since we're apparently inside a fucking whale."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Ver @Lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back