Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, it's a desert, so I think that thing is waiting for us to die so that it can eat our corpses," Pinocchio suggests in a nonchalant manner.

"Awww, that's too bad~ maybe I'll see later, maybe I won't~" Red Hood could only laugh in response to Geno & Mallow's words, "there's always others, isn't there?"

Neither of them seemed interested in walking to the hill for now. A bit of nudging might prompt them.

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Yun Lee @Bark @Cromartous @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky

The confusion was something that Ramza did not appreciate, and the presence of the large bird didn't seem to help at all. It seemed that not only was it not from Ivalice, but where the others were as well. He had not the willpower to unite a ragtag team of strangers a second time. Sighing in resignation at the events, he rose to his feet, quickly surveying the surroundings, before heading off towards the hill. If anyone wanted to follow him they were more than welcome but he didn't seem to want to invite anyone directly.

Caim looked over in One and Two's direction. Midgard. That was his world. "Naturally I've heard of Midgard. That's the world I came from." From above, as a shadow was cast over them, he heard a roar. He looked up to see large bird like beast flying by. Angelus would have had fun fighting that beast. She wasn't here however. They needed to get out of here before the bird-beast came back. Out of his peripheral vision he noticed a couple people leaving towards a hill. Maybe they should join in the move. @Gummi Bunnies @everyone

The scene that opened to them that walked up the hill was a daunting one. On the other side of the hill laid a graveyard of downed ships. To most of the group the technology was far beyond what their own worlds were capable of. A common theme among them seemed to be that all of them were made to look like sea life. One of the largest looked like an octopus, another like a seahorse.

While no one in the group could say if it was safe they would start to feel the suns rays continuing to shine down on them. Perhaps they could find some shade from the scorching suns down by the ships.​

@Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Yun Lee @Bark @Cromartous @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @everyone

Last edited:
"What the fuck..." Joy really had no clue what to make of any of this. People in weird outfits, and some fantasy creatures too? A giant fucking bird that looked like a Demon on steroids? And now these weird ships that would have looked totally cool...if she was seven years old. She had stuck near Razma, figuring he was going to try and find some shade or something. And as much as she didn't wanna be stuck in this heat (she sunburns easily, as most Goths do), she also was smart enough to play things safe. As in, wait for someone with a lower IQ to go down there and activate any traps.

...what even was her IQ, anyways? Was that even something you needed to know when you were in high school? Eh. Whatever.

@Jeremi @Bark @Gummi Bunnies @Draco Shadowdragon @Crow @AnyoneNearbylol​

Two01byvagrant-icons_zpsdbe084ae.png

❝ Hm... I don't know any of those places, but they sound really really interesting! ❞ Two didn't really know where all those places were, but she was fascinated either way by the fact that there were more worlds out there. Talk about ideal vacation spots for her Disciple and her children.

❝ You say that you're from Midgard... yet I don't seem to recognize ever catching sight of you. ❞ One narrowed her eyes towards Caim, gauging his response. She's seen all sorts of people, but never him. Her memory was always perfect, so there was no chance of her being wrong with this assumption. Though, it could be possible that he spoke of a different Midgard, or rather a different time. There wasn't much room to figure this out, and it was the least of her concerns. Both Intoners walked up the hill, given that they couldn't stick around in a heated desert for too long.

❝ WHOA! That's some awesome looking ships! Hey One, you think we can convince Five to make her ships look like this? ❞ The blue-haired Intoner expressed her amazement with the sight, not keeping in mind that they could be walking into danger. Her curious question over to her older sister was simply brushed off.

❝ We'll see about that later, but for now, we should find a place to rest. It isn't wise to remain under this relentless sun if shade can be found. ❞

❝ Oh right, in that case! ❞ Taking One's advice in mind, Two enthusiastically went ahead to check out the nearest ship wreck to see what could be best for the group.

@Jeremi @Bark @Yun Lee @Draco Shadowdragon @Crow

"So...I'm guessing you guys are ACTUALLY from these areas, huh? You aren't just some crazy LARPers or anything?" Joy asked, overhearing this talk of Midgard. "I come from a place called Salem, Massachusetts. Where I come from, I think Midgard is something in Norse mythology. Or am I thinking of Middle Earth?" Fuck, maybe if she hadn't fallen asleep in World History...

@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Draco Shadowdragon @Bark @Crow

The scene that opened to them that walked up the hill was a daunting one. On the other side of the hill laid a graveyard of downed ships. To most of the group the technology was far beyond what their own worlds were capable of. A common theme among them seemed to be that all of them were made to look like sea life. One of the largest looked like an octopus, another like a seahorse.

While no one in the group could say if it was safe they would start to feel the suns rays continuing to shine down on them. Perhaps they could find some shade from the scorching suns down by the ships.​

@Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Yun Lee @Bark @Cromartous @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @everyone
Two01byvagrant-icons_zpsdbe084ae.png

❝ Hm... I don't know any of those places, but they sound really really interesting! ❞ Two didn't really know where all those places were, but she was fascinated either way by the fact that there were more worlds out there. Talk about ideal vacation spots for her Disciple and her children.

❝ You say that you're from Midgard... yet I don't seem to recognize ever catching sight of you. ❞ One narrowed her eyes towards Caim, gauging his response. She's seen all sorts of people, but never him. Her memory was always perfect, so there was no chance of her being wrong with this assumption. Though, it could be possible that he spoke of a different Midgard, or rather a different time. There wasn't much room to figure this out, and it was the least of her concerns. Both Intoners walked up the hill, given that they couldn't stick around in a heated desert for too long.

❝ WHOA! That's some awesome looking ships! Hey One, you think we can convince Five to make her ships look like this? ❞ The blue-haired Intoner expressed her amazement with the sight, not keeping in mind that they could be walking into danger. Her curious question over to her older sister was simply brushed off.

❝ We'll see about that later, but for now, we should find a place to rest. It isn't wise to remain under this relentless sun if shade can be found. ❞

❝ Oh right, in that case! ❞ Taking One's advice in mind, Two enthusiastically went ahead to check out the nearest ship wreck to see what could be best for the group.

@Jeremi @Bark @Yun Lee @Draco Shadowdragon @Crow

View attachment 3346
"Maybe we should check those ships out. We could find some water and shade if we're lucky. Some of you don't look dressed for sand and heat."

Sora followed Two down to ththe wrecked ship.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Ship​

Getting down the slope to the ships proved to be quite tricky as the sand shifted beneath their feet. Soon enough though they found themselves among the ships, their remains looming over them covering the group from the sun.

The main structure of the ships remained in tact but metal scrap was scattered all around the area. The closest ship as they came down the slope resembled a piranha. How long they had been here no one could say, nor what could have caused such a large number of decommissioned ships to end up here. The warm winds blew through the corridors that have been created by the debris.

Nothing else seemed to be stirring in the area except the group.

Last edited:
Ramza glanced at Joy sympathetically. "If it is any consolation, I also don't have any Midgard back home... but I think that my clothes may be a little... outlandish for you...?" He offered the friendliest smile he was able to manage under the circumstances, before following the others down the hill. The faster they could all find something to help those among them who might need it at the moment.
He knocked a knuckle against the metal scrap, peeking inside the hull of one.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @the others

Aya raised her pistol as the gigantic bird flew overhead, but promptly breathed a sigh of relief as it completely ignored them. She had no idea what it was, but a bizarre creature like that could only have been a creature mutated by manipulation of its mitochondria, but strangely enough her own didn't react. How could that have been?

She shook her head and put away her pistol, passively listening in on the talk about "Midgard" and mentions of other worlds. In any other situation, she'd have simply rolled her eyes and brushed them off. Yet the strange circumstances she found herself in lent their words credence. Perhaps this was how people felt in the first day of the New York Blockade Incident. Who'd have believed a story of people spontaneously combusting?

With that in mind, Aya kept her mind open. Overthinking things would be pointless. Just like during those days, she'd just roll with things as they went while slowly figuring it out. For now, she decided to get the two creepy kids moving.

"Let's not wait and let that happen. Come on kids, let's find somewhere safe first," she spoke to Pinnochio and Red Hood, hoping to get them moving towards the ships.

After getting to the ships, she began to look around and investigate. Perhaps there would be something to indicate where they'd ended up.

The awakening

th

You are awoken by the scorching sun shining down on you from the sky. Wait…make that two suns. Getting up from the sand you find that you aren’t alone in this desert landscape. Other people, some with unfamiliar clothing and appearances, were strewn around the area looking as confused as you are.

What was the last thing you remember? A normal day in your life…and then darkness, void of all color and life. Then you were here, how much time had passed if any you could not say. It was like a big gap in your memory

Suddenly a female voice echoes inside your head and a vision of a giant crystal floating inside a chamber.

"Lost children away from your homes. Seek me out to earn your salvation."
With that the voice went quiet leaving only behind vivid image of a tall tower in the middle of the desert. That was all though, everything else was a complete mystery.

There didn't seem to be much else around except some cacti and the others gathered here. Perhaps they knew something that you didn't?

Cast list:

@Ver as Adam Jensen
@Cromartous as Agent 47
@Minerva as Aranea Highwind
@Kaykay as Aya Brea
@Draco Shadowdragon as Caim
@Lucky as Chris Eriksen and Charles Eriksen
@Atomic Knight as Claire "Lightning" Farron
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Geno and Mallow
@Takumi as Hiro and Maribel Mayde
@Yun Lee as Joy Foster
@Hahli Nuva as Lara Croft
@York as Lucca Ashtear
@Gummi Bunnies as One and Two
@Crow as Pinocchio and Red Riding Hood
@Bark as Ramza Beoulve
@Donder172 as Rico Rodriguez
@Alex Azure as Sora​

Hiro and Maribel Prologue: Adventure? More like Trouble

To say that Maribel wasn't sure what to really expect when it came to going on an adventure with her idiot lackey and his idiot prince friend, well, monsters, time travelling and visions and sudden islands appearing after thinking you were on the only island in existance for sixteen years of your life was almost too much to take in. Yet Prince Kiefer and Hiro were totally fine with it! They jumped at the chance even! So waking up in a desert of all things with...were those two suns?

"Ugh! Where are we?! All this dumb sand! Wait...where's that dumb Prince?" She huffed, trying to get sand out of her hair, before noticing a familiar boy not far away.

"Hiro!! Get up! Where in the blazes have you taken us now?! We were just on another of your dumb adventures just a minute ago!" She said angrily, grabbing the boy by the collar. Not evwn completely registering the voice that spoke to her, and likely Hiro aswell.

"Guh?!" Hiro was startled awake, glancing around before glancing at Maribel in confusion.

Oh, she was mad. But he didn't do anything this time! They were literally in their room at the inn on that island they ended up on!

dragon-quest-vii-32-470x310@2x.jpg

"Well, what do you have to say? This is your fault, I know it. You're the only idiot here that I know, and as much as I want to find Prince Kiefer and give him an earful too I don't think he's anywhere in...wherever here is." She huffed, earning a small sigh and shake of his head to signify that no, he wasn't responsible. This time.

"Bah! You're hopeless!" She groaned, letting him go and throwing her hands in the air.

Getting down the slope to the ships proved to be quite tricky as the sand shifted beneath their feet. Soon enough though they found themselves among the ships, their remains looming over them covering the group from the sun.

The main structure of the ships remained in tact but metal scrap was scattered all around the area. The closest ship as they came down the slope resembled a piranha. How long they had been here no one could say, nor what could have caused such a large number of decommissioned ships to end up here. The warm winds blew through the corridors that have been created by the debris.

"Hmph, what in the heavans are these things?" Maribel spoke up, making her presence known. Hands on her hips ahe regarded the ships with a contained look of curiosity, while the boy beside her practically lit up and ran forward.

"Hey! Hiro, wait!....Bah! You're so childish!" Maribel huffed, following after him towards the ship.

@Jeremi @Alex Azure @Bark @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

Last edited:
Ramza glanced at Joy sympathetically. "If it is any consolation, I also don't have any Midgard back home... but I think that my clothes may be a little... outlandish for you...?" He offered the friendliest smile he was able to manage under the circumstances, before following the others down the hill. The faster they could all find something to help those among them who might need it at the moment.
He knocked a knuckle against the metal scrap, peeking inside the hull of one.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Alex Azure @the others

Ramza wouldn't find much of interesting peeking inside the ship resembling a giant piranha. He was only met by a derelict interior too far gone to be of any use at least from a quick glance of the area at least. No trace of there being no biological life either, but despite the fact that they seemed so advanced...how could a ship carry on with out a crew?

Aya raised her pistol as the gigantic bird flew overhead, but promptly breathed a sigh of relief as it completely ignored them. She had no idea what it was, but a bizarre creature like that could only have been a creature mutated by manipulation of its mitochondria, but strangely enough her own didn't react. How could that have been?

She shook her head and put away her pistol, passively listening in on the talk about "Midgard" and mentions of other worlds. In any other situation, she'd have simply rolled her eyes and brushed them off. Yet the strange circumstances she found herself in lent their words credence. Perhaps this was how people felt in the first day of the New York Blockade Incident. Who'd have believed a story of people spontaneously combusting?

With that in mind, Aya kept her mind open. Overthinking things would be pointless. Just like during those days, she'd just roll with things as they went while slowly figuring it out. For now, she decided to get the two creepy kids moving.

"Let's not wait and let that happen. Come on kids, let's find somewhere safe first," she spoke to Pinnochio and Red Hood, hoping to get them moving towards the ships.

After getting to the ships, she began to look around and investigate. Perhaps there would be something to indicate where they'd ended up.

As Aya was investigating a piece of debris from the ship landed a few inches from her whipping up the sand where it landed. As it settled once again if she looked up from where it had fallen the area seemed stable enough for it just have fallen by accident. Perhaps they weren't as alone as they thought they were?

@Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Yun Lee @Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky

Lara had her bow drawn, arrow notched and ready to fire as she slowly brought up the rear of the group, looking for any monsters or aliens or whatever the hell lived on this godforsaken planet. She didn't expect to see much, if anythin gioes the way it shouild...

@Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Ver @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Yun Lee @Bark @Cromartous @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky @everyone

tumblr_nmk2g7noj_K1rmfzd9o1_250.png

"... Careful there," Jensen commented as the debris seemed to barely miss Aya, not seeming to be outwardly perturbed, though truthfully, he was quite on alert. Maybe it was because of all the time he'd spent, having practically made jobs out of adapting to the unknown factors in life, but he had become better than he'd remembered at concealing himself like this in just about every manner of the word.

Perhaps a little too well. After all, wasn't it only human to fear?

Keeping his eyes fixed on where the debris was, resisting the urge to draw out his silenced pistol at the notion that someone hiding around might have done this on purpose, Adam stepped to Aya's side, crossing his arms.

"Stay behind me," he said to the woman, speaking to her as though she were a civilian, though truth be told, between the children all around and the other woman who looked scared off her rocker, Aya here admittedly looked to Adam like she was probably one of the more... competent people here, but...

In any case, Adam tapped into his Wall-Penetrating Imager, one of many augmentations installed into his body, using this Smart Vision to attempt to scan the ship's interior from where he was to see if there was someone unfamiliar nearby.

@Kaykay @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Bark @Jeremi @Takumi @Hahli Nuva @Everybody

"... Careful there," Jensen commented as the debris seemed to barely miss Aya, not seeming to be outwardly perturbed, though truthfully, he was quite on alert. Maybe it was because of all the time he'd spent, having practically made jobs out of adapting to the unknown factors in life, but he had become better than he'd remembered at concealing himself like this in just about every manner of the word.

Keeping his eyes fixed on where the debris was, resisting the urge to draw out his silenced pistol at the notion that someone hiding around might have done this on purpose, Adam stepped to Aya's side, crossing his arms.

"Stay behind me," he said to the woman, speaking to her as though she were a civilian, though truth be told, between the children all around and the other woman who looked scared off her rocker, Aya here admittedly looked to Adam like she was probably one of the more... competent people here, but...

In any case, Adam tapped into his Wall-Penetrating Imager, one of many augmentations installed into his body, using this Smart Vision to attempt to scan the ship's interior from where he was to see if there was someone unfamiliar nearby.

At first Jensen didn't notice anything the interior of the ship appeared to be as silent as the grave. But there! His special eyes caught the glimpse of a humanoid figure up on the roof a few feet away from where the debris had been dropped. He couldn't discern much else though as the eerie figure stood silently in place.

@Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Yun Lee @Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky

Ramza wouldn't find much of interesting peeking inside the ship resembling a giant piranha. He was only met by a derelict interior too far gone to be of any use at least from a quick glance of the area at least. No trace of there being no biological life either, but despite the fact that they seemed so advanced...how could a ship carry on with out a crew?

As Aya was investigating a piece of debris from the ship landed a few inches from her whipping up the sand where it landed. As it settled once again if she looked up from where it had fallen the area seemed stable enough for it just have fallen by accident. Perhaps they weren't as alone as they thought they were?

Hiro entered the ship to take a look inside curiously, and cautiously, while Maribel stayed outside to take a gandor for anything of interest, though with how darn hot it was she may just have to see if it was cooler in there or not.

"Hmph! Stupid Hiro, getting me into such a big mess." She huffed, before sighing. Being the Mayor's daughter was enough work already, but having Hiro as a lackey gave her a headache sometimes.

@Jeremi @Everyone

At first Jensen didn't notice anything the interior of the ship appeared to be as silent as the grave. But there! His special eyes caught the glimpse of a humanoid figure up on the roof a few feet away from where the debris had been dropped. He couldn't discern much else though as the eerie figure stood silently in place.

@Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Yun Lee @Bark @Sark@Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky

"Oh, the vessels," Pinocchio said, following the lead of the majority in response to Aya's words. "That must mean someone's around."

"That can only mean one thing, now can it?" Red Hood began to attempt to sniff out any presences, before seeing that Jensen saw something in his direction - the roof.

"There's something there, isn't there, big man? I'll go get it~" She giggles as she begins to jump towards the presence, swinging her weapon about as she rises. "Come out~ come out~ wherever you are~ you may be no big bad wolf, but I just know that you'll be fun to play with~"

Pinocchio, simply standing there, says, "I have a bad feeling about this."

"No, Pinocchio..." the staff whispers, "get it before she does. You know you have to."

Pinocchio followed closely, slowly, surely and warily.

"Hurry up, Pinocchio!"

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Yun Lee @Bark @Sark @Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky

"Oh, the vessels," Pinocchio said, following the lead of the majority in response to Aya's words. "That must mean someone's around."

"That can only mean one thing, now can it?" Red Hood began to attempt to sniff out any presences, before seeing that Jensen saw something in his direction - the roof.

"There's something there, isn't there, big man? I'll go get it~" She giggles as she begins to jump towards the presence, swinging her weapon about as she rises. "Come out~ come out~ wherever you are~ you may be no big bad wolf, but I just know that you'll be fun to play with~"

Pinocchio, simply standing there, says, "I have a bad feeling about this."

"No, Pinocchio..." the staff whispers, "get it before she does. You know you have to."

Pinocchio followed closely, slowly, surely and warily.

"Hurry up, Pinocchio!"

@Jeremi @Atomic Knight @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Alex Azure @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Crow @Draco Shadowdragon @Yun Lee @Bark @Sark@Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Donder172 @Lucky

Strangely as Red Riding Hood made her way up to where Jensen had spotted the figure there was nothing to be found, but she noticed that the sand a been shifted. Someone or something had definitely been there

Strangely as Red Riding Hood made her way up to where Jensen had spotted the figure there was nothing to be found, but she noticed that the sand a been shifted. Someone or something had definitely been there

"Don't be shy~ I want to play~"

Red Hood tries to sniff this supposed person out.

"Hoo... finally got up here. Now let's see... no one here. Maybe you should go down, Miss," Pinocchio says as he finally rises.

"I have to find this person!"

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back