Akashic Arcana Picnic Under Ice

Kierri

Allonsy!
Rosa sighed softly, her breath a small cloud of visible steam rising from her lips as the temperature around cooled. She had laid out a small, red picnic blanket on the grass in front of her, she had brought a few snacks and drinks along in a bag to enjoy on a lunch break.

Preferring somewhere quiet to eat in peace she found a cosy corner to hide amongst in. As Rosa kneeled to the ground, frost was beginning to spread across the grass slowly, a few flakes of snow fell from the skies. Rosa had practised her cryo aerokinesis spell often in moments like these. As she laid out the snacks the frost spread up the tree trunks, covering the small area in a white, glittery frost.

Rosa kept it at a minimal distance, not wanting to disturb others with her practice. Eventually, she sat down on the blanket, her legs crossed. Rosa wasn't affected by the cold, so her sense of style was somewhat unusual for the cold temperatures. She wore a light blue dress, with white patterns scattered across it, it reached her knees, along with some simple light blue sandal wedges.

Her skin was quite pale for an Italian, but that was a simple side effect of her magic. Her hair was also a light blonde, an unusual characteristic for an Italian. She reached for a sandwich from a small Tupperware tub and nibbled on a corner, looking up to the sky as she further lowered the area's temperature. After a few minutes, she was a circular snowfall.

Footsteps could be heard; the sound of breaking twigs along with the ruffling of leafs warning anyone who cared to listen. Deeply in thought, Christian walked without a pre-determined destination. He knew he had to try and find where his new dorm was, but didn’t quite feel like showing himself anywhere where students could potentionally recognize him. His heart was beating fast; he felt it throb in his throat as he walked; the impact of his feet touching the path’s grey cobblestones ringing in his head.

“Ahh... it’s getting colder...” Christian muttered; the small hairs on his arms raising up due to the sudden change in temperature as he walked; moving his head from left to right, his blue eyes looking around. Even thou it was still warm everywhere else, the temperature seemed to decrease further as he walked; a slight breeze rushing over his naked forearms. Christian was glad that he had decided to put on a longsleeved shirt, as he now rolled the sleeves down; effectively covering his skin and as of such shielding it from the cold.

As he looked around, he noticed a place where the air seemed thinner, colder and in a way, fresher; he walked towards it, his heart beating in excitement.

As he neared the spot, he noticed the light-blonde haired woman who sat upon a red blanket; a blue dress covering her fair skin. The white patterns that were scattered across the light blue fabric seemed to break the light that reflected from the snow, causing a mesmerizing play of colour to erupt around her.

Christian didn’t stop moving, instead he continued onward untill his feet gracefully touched the white snow covered ground; causing it to make a sound he had heard only so many times in his life. It was snow; and the mere thought filled his bleeding heart with joy. The colour red began to cover his strong, sharp cheeks untill it brought forward the fairness of his skin and the beauty of his bright blue eyes. He blinked slowly, breathing in and holding it in for a moment, untill he let it all go out; audibly satisfied. He now focussed his eyes on the light-blue dressed girl; a cute, sweet smile adorned his thick, red lips as he spoke;

“I... I hope i don’t interupt, but... i couldn’t help but come closer.” The blush still covered his cheeks as he fiddled with his longsleeved shirt; his remaining, lithe hand dangling down. “I... haven’t seen snow in quite a while...”

The mere sight of snow and its resulting cold caused Christian to think back about where he is from; the cold country of the Netherlands.

He simply stood here; eye’ing his surroundings curiously. The expression on his face was one of wonder and amazement.

For a moment, he had forgotten all about the news he had gotten earlier. For a moment, he was happy again...

Last edited:
Rosa took a few sips of water to wash down the sandwich, she watched the fluffy snowdrops scatter around her, she loved the snow and the ice. It was so beautiful and clean, she couldn't help but gaze at flakes falling to rest softly on the untouched snow.
Her head slightly turned when she heard the snow crunching beneath pressure, her lips slightly parted as her blue eyes searched for the cause of the disturbance. She quickly spotted the athletic, male figure approaching, for a moment she wondered if he was approaching to lecture her about using her magic like this one school grounds, she recognised him from the Disciniplary division, although from the word of mouth Rosa had also learned that he stepped down.

Rosa then presumed he wasn't there to lecture her based on that, as well as the smile on his face. Her gaze softened from surprise to welcoming, patting the picnic blanket beside her as she watched his face. She had to admit, he was a very handsome man, she had never really seen him up close before, he had good bone structure, and lovely, fair skin.

Her plump lips stretched into a warm smile "Do you like the snow then?"

"I think it's beautiful . . . so fresh" she spoke softly as she returned her gaze to the cloudy skies.

Their blue eyes connected in a gaze for a moment; before Christian looked down to where the girl was patting the red blanket. Did she really just invite him to sit down with her? He tilted his head in curiosity; still smiling as he began to answer the blue-eyed woman’s question;

“Ofcourse i do; it’s purity and ability to shatter light into plays of colour makes me feel... joyous, in a strange, yet comfortable way.” He chuckled quietly; listening to the woman as she told him how she thought snow was beautiful and fresh. When she was done and remained silent, he slowly walked towards her; his black sneakers contrasting tremendously with the white snow; string of the white goodness sticking to his soles as he reached her and slowly descended to sit with her.

The snow immediately attached to his pants; leaving small, wet marks wherever it touched him.

He tilted his head towards the girl and noticed how she was gazing through the sky; her face looking serene and at peace. He himself followed her gaze, immediately noticing the snowflakes that seemed to appear out of nothing, dangling down only to dissipate into the already thick layer of snow.

Christian’s fair skin was covered with a healthy, red shade; originating from the cold. He cradled his lithe hands onto his lap as he continued to stare into the blue- and white nothingness that was the sky...

Rosa turned her face to look at the male, his skin was mostly fair besides the red shade across his cheeks, he seemed to be enjoying the snow just as much as she was. They remained silent for a few moments, strangers enjoying the icy weather, tucking a blonde strand of hair behind her ear she glanced back at Christian "I'm Rosa by the way, Rosa Romano" in a cheerful tone, her Italian accent slightly subtle.

The snowflakes fluttered down lightly, no longer as heavy in the beginning now that the snow had layered up around them. She opened up her palm, a small veil of light glowing lightly from the base of her palm, the snowflakes stopped altogether, the temperature increased slightly. Whilst Rosa wasn't affected by the cold, she didn't want to leave her new acquaintance cold.

Rosa leaned back on both hands, her gaze watched the snow settling on the tree branches in front of them "Are you a cryo-mage?" she asked curiously, suddenly wondering why the now previous head of the disciplinary division was so full of child like wonder in this small snow hideout.

Christian was pulled out of his daydreams as he heard the girl’s voice. Now having introduced herself as ‘Rosa’, Christen moved his head to look at her and chuckle; “A pleasure, Rosa.” He said, bowing his head slightly. His eyes then twinkled as he began to introduce himself; “My name is Christian-.” He then waited for just a second, scratching his cheek. “-van Orange-Nassau...” His voice was like a beacon of warmth amidst the snow.

At the question if he was a cryomage, he simply chuckled before saying; “I am not, sadly.” He then looked back at the sky. “By uttering chants and the names of elemental spirits i call upon the elements... water, mostly...”

He then looked around again; looking curious and cute once more.

Rosa listened quietly, she was slightly surprised by his admission of not being a cryomage, however found his gift for the elements to be interesting. She lay back against the picnic blanket, her blonde hair laid around her head like a halo. Her blue eyes looked up to the sky, the clouds reflecting a white light in her eyes.
She finally had a whole name to a face, she knew of his first name but wasn't aware of his full title.

"Sound like an important name, it's a long one" she muttered quietly as she gazed at the sky. She lifted a hand and pointed towards the small plate of sandwiches and cups "Help yourself to some food if you're hungry, I couldn't possibly eat all of it myself, I must be the only Italian who can't gorge on heaps of food" she giggled lightly, it sounded like a melody, her voice was light and kind.

Christian simply nodded at Rosa’s mention of his name being long and seemingly as of such important.

He slowly turned his head to look at Rosa as she told him how he was free to eat any of her food. His eyes twinkled happily as he grabbed a cheese and lettuce sandwich. “Thankyou, that’s really nice of you.” He said; bowing his head slightly.

“So, i myself enjoy food pretty much; however, i don’t really like eating too much.” He chuckled, scratching his stubble-covered cheek. The sound of Rosa’s giggle had sent chills up his spine and he couldn’t help but blush slightly more; quite much enjoying the melodic timbre of her voice.

Rosa watched him pick up the food, glad that it wouldn't exactly go to waste now. She sighed, feeling content, a few more moments in silence and her curiosity got the better of her.

Rosa used her hands to push herself up into a sitting position "So, may I ask why an esteemed man such as yourself stepped down from the DD? I only ask as I have an interview with them, please don't feel the need to answer me if you feel uncomfortable" she questioned curiously, she smiled warmly to show she meant no bad intentions by asking about his decisions. She felt it would've been nice to have a familiar face should she get accepted but Rosa was adaptable and felt that she would do fine if she got accepted of course.

Christian averted his gaze; his blush intensifying as he spoke quietly; “I... I-I didn’t step down; i was replaced.” He didn’t dare look at Rosa; quite certain that the look on his face must’ve been rediculous and sad; to say the least.

He quietly nibbled on the sandwhich as he looked down; his other, empty hand turning red of cold as he gripped into the perfectly white, soothingly cold snow...

Rosa sighed gently as Christian looked away "Replaced . . . a shame really, it would've been nice to have a familiar face to look forward to if I get accepted" she muttered, nudging her shoulder against his own affectionately in an attempt to distract him from his sadness.

Small wisps of breath could be seen rising into the cool air from her slightly parted, plump lips. Her gaze returned to the snow "I'm glad you're enjoying the snow, I'm still practising at this spell, I can make it spread out a little more than this but that's about it" she spoke, sounding a little sad. Out of all of her magic abilities, this spell had been the one that she struggled with the most, she knew she could improve but Rosa most often ended up frustrated at a lack of results when her snow spell failed to reach a certain distance.

Back