Pirate Role Play, |looking for 2-5 players| Fantasy Genre.

Lil Proton

Liàng Proton
Map._Pirating.png

Rated T for Teen. Violence and mature themes

World:

In a world with magic and kingdoms, pretty princesses and dragons, PIRATES rules the seas. Pirates are the chaotic neutral of the world and have no true alliance with anyone. They generally do whatever they want, they'll rub a colony of their spices, they'll go on rescue missions to save princesses, they'll 'silence' unruly politicians. They'll hunt for lost treasure. Whatever brings home the bacon.

Pirates are often considered a loosely knit 'nation' unto themselves with their own pirate code and the entire chain of islands pirates called Pirate's Chain. Pirate's Chain even has it's own tax system. Anyone running from their own countries is welcome to Pirate's Chain if they're willing to work of course.

"I don't run a charity here. If you want me to hide you, you'll have to work." Captain Christopher, Owner of Pirate's Chain.

Backstory: (Starting point)
Two-five young pirates (no younger than 17) found themselves in prison in an armada's ship to be executed upon arrival of the capital city. Despite not liking each other, they work together to escape the Armada, making their way to Pirate's Chain where they're branded as a new pirate crew.

Plot: (after the team gets comfortable with each other)
One day, one of the crew members, who is a witchdoctor heard the warnings from spirits. One of the graves of a former scholar has been tampered with. The witchdoctor encourages the crew to travel to an abandoned colony in order to investigate. In their discovery, they find that the island has been overrun by soulless, mechanical armies that are searching for something. However, neither knows what exactly.

"The spirits are restless and wouldn't let me sleep, let's just go to the colony just to calm their restlessness." Witchdoctor begged everyone.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magic:

There's magic everywhere and the pirates aren't above magic. In fact, many of them know some kind of magic. The magic system for pirates is based on a video game. Essentially, there are 5 magical classes. (1 for each)

Musketeers- Superhuman level accuracy with a projectile, musketeers have extremely sharp eyes and keen senses. The best musketeers can even work with thunder magic, able to control and build guns that can fire powerful blasts of electricity. Often strategic with making traps.
Cons- no defence against swords and close range weapons, easily overpowered physically
"They said I'll miss my family, I never miss a close range"

Buccaneer- Superhuman strength and very high leadership qualities. Buccaneers are often extremely brave and capable of handling some of the biggest weapons. They can deal with physical magic, making themselves even stronger and resistant to pain. Also, good at enchanting weapons to be unbreakable and have unique properties
Cons- easy targets and can't dodge very easily, susceptible to precise and pressure point attacks.
"This is the power found at the limit's edge!"

Swashbuckler- Pirate Ninjas in a nutshell. Good with fencing and martial arts, and extremely quick reflexives. They're the fastest and most agile, perfect for hit and run attacks. They like magic that deals with camouflage, disguises and are masters of pressure points.
Cons- easily defeated and weak to most attacks when hit, can't do pressure point attacks if the target is heavily armoured
"The oak tree snaps in the hurricane, but the bamboo dances"

Privateer- Supportive individuals who do best to aid crew members the best they can. They're often the smart asses and they know quite a bit about life magic. Able to heal, revive different people, even themselves. Hence, can survive brutal attacks with ease, like stabbings to the chest. Their magic directly damages the undead.
Cons- No special offensive skills of powers at all just 'ok', can get exhausted with healing magic.
"I survived an explosion to the face, without a helmet"

Witchdoctor-(reserved for the plot) Masters of voodoo and hoodoo magic. Witch doctors specialize in speaking to the undead and spirits. They're capable of doing curse they love spirit energy attacks with the use of their staffs/wands. Their spells often deal with stealing life energy.
Cons- Oddly enough, healing attacks can actually be damaging, enchanted weapons can counter their magic
"I speak for the ghost, the ghost say to fuck off"

Classes aren't completely strict, storywise, a witch doctor can learn how to handle a musket, but will never be a master of it. They'll need to be taught in the game.

Is anyone interested in the role play? There are a limited 5 spots

Last edited:
I am interested in this rp. Is this SFW or NSFW?

Unto the more serious subject: When I read this I noticed that Privateers are mainly healing magic only and are just ''ok'' (AKA bad if I am reading between the lines correctly) with offensive, so I am wondering about one thing: Does there exist any loopholes to the Privateer class? I would like to rp a Privateer, but I feel like a lack of offensive powers would make it a character that is more of a hindrance to the party than a benefit - others would have to put attention protecting the defenseless privateer instead of putting atttention to more important things, after all.

I did say that the classes aren't completely strict, a privateer can learn magic, or can learn to handle big swords, etc. The teaching would have to be in the game, and it would remain at the basics. Besides that, a privateer's resistance to blatant attacks like stabbing or blasts to the face can mean they can survive just fine. (buccaneer stabs privateer point blank, privateer can pull out a knife and stab back, then heal) Plus they can kill witches very easily, healing magic is like poison to witchdoctors.

I wouldn't want to shy away from serious topics, so it would be NSFW to be safe.

So Privateers are essentially pirate version of clerics and paladins...

... WEIGH THE ANCHOR, ME MATIES! 'TIS TIME TO GO ON A CRUSADE!

Also, but the 'SFW or NSFW' thing I mean would this be normal rp or would there be some Economic Resource Planning sprinkled in.

Hint: Read the initials.

@Lil Proton I have a loophole in mind that I want to know if it is possible to explore in further down the rp as more of a flavor thing.

So, privateers have healing magic, correct? So this could make them excellent surgeons, correct? They can do unsanitary surgeries and still keep their subjects alive, correct?

...What I am going for here is that can a privateer create a Frankenstein's monster?

Shadow- Musketeer
Aero-Buccaneer
Rae-Swashbuckler
Enki-Privateer
Proton-Witchdoctor

Great, spots are full. I'll just edit the post.

Privateer creating a Frankenstein's monster? Theoretically possible, you'll need a witch-doctor though, so the magic can keep it together.

Just a heads-up, but do be mindful that straight up ERP isn't permitted on Storytellers Circle. Adult/Mature content is allowed within the scope of the rules though, so keep it tasteful and within reason. I recommend anyone interested in treading this area of roleplay to review our rules before engaging in such things to avoid accidental rule violations.

Back