Ame Damnee Poison Training Hall

Isla

This training hall is preoccupied by Dot Maras, a frivolous and eccentric melting pot of psychosis. Apprentices of Dot learn how to concoct poisons, cast nefarious spells, and other similar specialties. Smooth wooden tables, various mathematical tools, and a large steel door with no windows give the perfect set up for making things go boom.

Last edited by a moderator:
~Dot Maras- Poison Training Hall~
Dot felt for the door handle and smiled when she found it, opening the steel door. "I guess you can say that, love." She chuckled at Priscilla's comment. "So earlier you said something about the Oblitus, what were you doing out there?" Dot asked as she flipped the lightswitch on. From almost living in this room, Dot had come to memorize almost every detail of the interior. While waiting for response, she walked over to a tall closet, opening the doors to reveal several battle axes and other things.

Priscilla Shaw
"I traveled here from Abbadon, alone, on foot." Priscilla answered, walking after the smaller woman through the large metallic doors. The room seemed pretty well-furnished, it reminded her of a classroom, not that she'd been in that many, the only difference between the two being the fact that an average classroom didn't hold a cupboard filled to the brim with weaponry. "I've not been taught much, I can read, but I pursued thieving instead of school. More benefits at the time." Priscilla shared, walking after Dot.

~Dot Maras- Poison Training Room~
Dot glanced over in the direction of Priscilla with a smile before reaching in the closet for a a pair of bladed gauntlets, finding them after a moment. "That's really interesting, doll. I heard Abaddon was a very lively city."she nodded towards the girl. "I actually lived in the wild for a long time before coming here." She walked over to the tables and began pushing them from the middle of the floor, making a large space for the coming lesson. Handing the gauntlets to Priscilla, her face once again took a serious expression. "Whatever you do, do not lose these. These will be your lifeline until I think you're ready to progress from these or if you even want to use a different weapon at some point."

Dot took out a pair of her own and slipped them on her hands, she decided it would be best to test the girl and see where her weaknesses and strengths are. "I want you to attack me with everything you have and know, don't hesitate and don't hold back. Starting now." She quickly fell into a defensive stance waiting for the girl.

Priscilla Shaw
"The wild's a tough place.." Priscilla mumbled in an absent-minded way before suddenly being given heavy, metallic gloves. "This isn't going to end well for me." Priscilla foretold grimly, putting them on in return to her new master's sudden rush into training. "It's not even been a day and I haven't had a chance to rest, so don't expect too much." She sighed foully, frowning at the smaller woman before her.

Priscilla lowered her sense of gravity, spreading her legs slightly and raising her arms up to her face in an effort to protect herself from the no-doubt returning blows of her master and edged carefully forward before throwing a punch with her right gauntlet, maintaining her defence with her left arm

~Dot Maras- Prison Training Ground~
Dot shook her head as she listen to the girl's movement, mentally pointing out flaws in the girl's defense. "Too open. Arms too close to your face, stance not wide enough." Dot said, taking notes as she easily dodged Priscilla's punch, aiming a kick towards the girl's midsection. They would have a lot of work to do but Dot admired the spirit the young girl had. She would cut the girl some slack tonight after all that went on today, she could tell that Priscilla was exhausted.

Priscilla Shaw
Priscilla managed to get her lower half to short hop backwards in an attempt to dodge the kick, causing her to stumble upon landing due to the unexpectedness of it. "Hmph." Priscilla grumbled, knowing that it was merely constructive criticism but still finding it reasonably annoying. She did however, do as sinstructed and moved her arms away a bit farther and widened her stance while attempting to remain defensive.
She repeated the attack, this time with her left arm

~Dot Mara-Poison Training Room~
Dot grabbed Priscilla's arm and had to struggle a bit to stop it from connecting with her face. She was surprised and held it for a minute, tapping her forearm trailing her fingers to the crook of her elbow. "Nice force but relax your muscles and don't lock your elbow when you extend your arm from the bend. You'd more than likely break your arm than anyone's face." She smiled as she dropped the girl's arm and aimed a quick flat palm towards the girl's sternum.

Priscilla Shaw
Priscilla simply wasn't strong enough to fight in her current state, at least, that's what she thought, her body was aching practically everywhere due to the prior events of the day and this wasn't helping. She took the blow full-on the chest, managing to maintain her balance but allowing her right hand to drift up and hold the now-sore area. "I'd rather avoid fights if I could help it.. Leaving the fighting the people with the swords." Priscilla said half-jokingly, lowering her hand from her chest. "I'm not used to weapons, I carried a sword, but that thing was just for sentimental value, too old to be of any use to anyone.." she said, giving a yawn. Being down here was disorienting as she couldn't tell the time, ever. "How long do we plan on doing this?"

~Dot Maras-Poison T.R.~
"We can stop for now. I didn't want to do anything to straining for considering the day you had." Dot took off her gauntlets and gave a sigh. "When I was young and had first been recruited into the underground, I was honestly just like you. I just wanted to leave the fighting to the big guys. I was content with creating poisons and staying in the background but that wasn't possible, here everyone does their share." Dot shared a faint shadow of a smile as she recalled her younger years. "That all changed when I went on my first assignment under the previous holder of my position, I was forced to not only fight but to kill. Ironically, my first kill wasn't even related to anything poison. It was a dagger through his neck..." she trailed off, recalling the memory. Hearing the blood leave the man, the life slowly slip from him. Many said that her first kill was what sprung her into insanity but the people close to her knew better than that.

"My point is you never know when you may have to defend yourself, or kill someone when you're apart of the Underground, so I'd lose the mindframe fast. It will most definently get you killed."
Dot said, her blind, unfocused eyes staring straight into Priscilla as she spoke. "For now, you can rest. I have a room in the very back of here that I turned into a a bedroom of sorts for the days I don't go above surface. That can be your room for now. I'll won't have you start memorizing about Wolfsbane until tomorrow and if you want something fulfilling to eat besides bananas, there's a storage unit in the room, that holds dry stock. As long as you don't touch the ale I have in there, you're fine to do what ever."

With that said, Dot turned to a bookcase and grabbed a few very thick books and a vial full of a milky substance and handed them to Priscilla. "Read and re-read these until you have them committed to memory. These basics will be your lifeline for some time. In that vial, is a painkiller. It will take away what pain and aches you may be feeling fairly quickly."

Last edited:
Priscilla Shaw
"So I'm to be a murderer.. Am I..?" Priscilla sighed, allowing that simple fact to settle into her mind. It hadn't exactly been her chosen career path, and she doubted that her parents would ever approve if they miraculously managed to get to New Eden like she had. Shaw's face seemed to dark as it became more grim. "I have never killed someone, I've seen people die, but never killed someone. What is the difference between assasins and thieves anyway, both ruin lives.." She mumbled before taking the stack of books and the strange white liquid, which she hoped wasn't some sort of sick prank and headed into the forespoken room, once settled, she called "Thank you Master Dot" back out to the woman, wondering if she was a bit of an alcoholic due to the warning on the ale before gulping down the liquid and setting into the first book, struggling her way through due to her limited reading capabilities. She had never enjoyed school, and found working out in the streets for money paid off more in the short term

~Dot Maras- Poison T.R.~
Dot nodded in response, content that girl was safe for right now. Not that anyone would be smart to harm the girl, knowing who was teaching her. She quickly made her way out of the training room, deciding to head to the surface to check her garden.

Last edited:
Priscilla Shaw
Basically, a floating dress
Priscilla read the books for a while after Dot had left her to her own devices, she had slept a bit, eaten a bit and read some more, but now she was bored, incredibly bored. She pondered around the lab, inspecting different devices and pondering what they did before checking out the books Dot seemed to own, there were many of them, but one in particular caught her eye. "An experienced guide to potion crafting" Priscilla read aloud, lifting it off the shelf, blowing a small amount of dust off it and laying it on one of the tables, it was incredibly thick, so shenmerely flipped to around halfway and began turning the pages, simply looking, until something in particulae caught her eye. "Vigor serum - guaranteed to pep you up and be the envy of your friends" Priscilla spoke softly, not entirely understanding it but getting the gist of it. It didn't seem to difficult, and Dot certainly had the materials for it.. Why not give it a go?

She meandered her way through the steps, tossing in whatever plants had the closest names to what was in the book and doing as instructed. "Crush this, heat that" until she had a strange vial of some sort of purple liquid.
She gleamed with pride before trying her product. At first, it felt like nothing, but that swiftly changed, suddenly the world seemed to lose it's colour and an intense burning began searing her body, she screamed for a while before tumbling into unconsciousness, unable to bare the pain, after not all too long, she woke up again.

The world was black and white, she felt incredibly strong, but her voice seemed to no longer work, this was figured out as upon looking down, she was missing legs, or arms for that matter, but she could still feel with them, it was incredibly disorienting for a while, but she got used to it fast enough and earned the confidence to attempt walking again. She bumped into every chair there was, but managed to prevent herself from falling. 'Well then, Priscilla, you are dead."'Priscilla thought grimly, pondering the other conclusions but deeming them unlikely. It felt.. Odd, very odd. She was mute, couldn't see properly and couldn't be seen, she wondered if someone would arrive to find a somewhat messy laboratory with a missing apprentice. It was her first day and she had already betrayed her master's trust.

Priscilla began her way back out of the room, wondering just much she had messed herself over

Last edited:
Priscilla Shaw
Priscilla collapsed into her bed and lay there like a corpse for an unknown amount of time, unable to move and loving the small, cushiony bed more than anything else in the world, especially compared to the sheer amounts of tough grass she had been forced to sleep on in Oblitus, which had constanrly poked and prodded her with keen interest and enjoyed watching her suffer through the either extensively warm day and disastrously cold nights, that had forzen her and melted through her tough clothing and touched her core.

Priscilla Shaw
Priscilla awoke crumpiky, her survival instinct waking her up early to get a head start in traveling, despite there being no need to travel any more and instead leaving her with a despairing sleepiness and a desperate hunger for food. "Dot ain't back yet.. Guess I'll go to the food place, if I can remember where it was.." Scilla sighed to herself. Speaking to herself had become a small habit she had picked up during her travel through Oblitus, she had convinced herself it wasn't mad, just comforting to hear a voice, even if it was her own, and so, Priscilla set out for the mess hall.

Dot opened the door ushering Jack and Priscilla in as she made her way over to her weapons' closet, pulling out the battle axe Arty had given her and a couple swords. Placing the swords on the table, she waved to Priscilla. "Come over here doll, you said you were somewhat good with swords, right? Go ahead and take your pick. Oh, Jack sweetheart, you can look through that closet if you want. Keep anything you may like, I have a few rarities of my own." She paused for a minute. "Except the axes and gauntlets, those are mine."

Jack
Poison Training Hall

Though his face didn't show it, he was rather excited from the lineup of weapons and Poisons he could use. Scanning his eyes across the closet..... He didn't really see any weapon he liked, sure it was silly to consider style and taste when going into a war zone but Jack couldn't help his own OCD. The Poisons, however. He could use to full effect especially the devil's kiss and the crimson bane, carefully placing 4 vials of each in his special container he kept around his arm-pit he was about to walk away from the closet, however one weapon that he didn't notice caught his fancy. "Hmmm. An Elfin warglave." It was a circular chakram-like weapon shaped like a crescent moon, the blade being made of what appeared to be silver-blue metal that felt weightless, the hilt was covered in a soft but firm green wrapping that made it feel comfortable to hold. A few practice swings, Jack held out a knife from his boot above his head with the Warglave in his right hand, without warning he dropped the black knife. When it reached his midsection he struck the knife with a graceful and precise upwards slash at a blinding speed...... He perfectly cut the knife in half down the middle. Holding it up to his face, his mask hiding a grin. "I'll take it."

Devon Ironsides - Poison Training Hall

The dwarf was always looking for an excuse to drop by the poison hall to see his favorite elf, but this visit would be purely for business. His footfalls were soft in his light armor, his ginger beard braided in the style of war his father taught him before he kicked Devon onto the streets. He entered the training hall just as Dot, Priscilla, and a man he didn't know were gearing up for battle. The man in question was the spitting image of Artimities, but there was a darkness in his eyes that told Devon that this guy wasn't a jackass like Arty was.

He nodded to the man and gave an encouraging pat on the shoulder to Priscilla before approaching Dot. "Ey there, Dottie. Got a bit of business to discuss before we head out. Private business. Can we discuss it in your office?" He asked, his eyes serious as he looked at her.

Priscilla Shaw
Priscilla looked rather sickly at the variety of weapons 'weapons designed by murderers.. These weapons meant for killing, nothing like the ones the nobles use for show. Real weapons.' She thought to herself, picking up a shortsword and eyeing it down the length of its blade. Very sharp, barely used and polished. After a few gentle testing swings, she placed it carefully down like it were a precious artifact. The sword she had used was a heavy, blunt and incredibly old one used by her father, which, in turn, had been used by his own ancestors, which she had carried through all of Oblitus only to lose in some clothes shop. She picked up a somewhat curved sword, like her original one, wavy the whole way down, twisting in and out with a deadly shimmer before she felt a soft thump on her shoulder of the friendly dwarf from before. She leapt in fear and dropped the sword with a deafeningly loud clash as it struck the ground, she let out a small squeak before quickly stretching down and picking up the weapon. "Th-this one." She mumbled the sword being about as long as her arm and as sharp as her stealth skills. She hoped she wouldn't have to use it, but doubted it.

Dot Maras-Dot's Office
Dot glanced up from gathering her gas bombs and vials and walked over to Priscilla handing her about ten gas bombs and a vial. "These will help you out, if need be. You either drop the bombs or pop the lid off the vial. These are nothing but knock-outs but will give you time to run if the need arises." Just as she was finished talking to Priscilla, Devon walked in, a smile growing on her face as he neared. "Well, hey there, love." She said as they made their way to her office. "What did you want to talk about, Devon?" she said, sitting down after she closed the door.

Back