Pokemon: Journeys of Anteceon Poke Cafe [General Discussion]

M

Meliodas

Hello there fellow Storytellers and Pokemon Trainers! I am very glad you have come to the new region, Anteceon. Just as you are reading this, and as it is being written, you could argue that Anteceon has just been discovered. There is still much left to explore and create, so while you wait for us to set things up, feel free to stop in to say hello. We would absolutely love to hear from you!

The only thing to keep is mind is civility, as well as all site rules and our own (link). Questions are welcome but please give us some time to get everything prepared as well.

Be sure to check out our initial thread for more information!

~M

Last edited by a moderator:
The world building will commence and may take a bit of time to accomplish. Please bear with us as we create this.

I am interested but I do have a couple of ideas! I went back and read initial thread and I heard some idea's about doing pokemon showdown for battles and I am kind of wary about it as I do not like using it. Would there be any other way of doing it somehow? And will the gyms have to be done on the showdown as well? I don't want to have to worry about IV's, Item's , Nature etc. in a Pokemon Roleplay. I would honestly rather roleplay the battle out but if we are to do that it would mean having a roleplay mod look the battle over and judge if the pokemon gets a hit or a miss in etc. So it would provide to be a lot of work for the gm or mod. I think dice rolls would work well in determining if moves hit or not but then again it would be work for the person moderating it.

As far as catching pokemon go however I think dice rolls on if the pokemon is captured or not is a great idea! I also think it would be a good idea to have a random pokemon generator used for the pokemon encountered. If there is no generator you can think of people you want in the area and assign them numbers and dice roll to see what the player encounters as well! But like I said more work for the mods to do... But I think no matter what mods will have a lot of work to do regarding a pokemon rp. But then again... we are not catching pokemon with pokeballs as we are suppose to bond with them... so that makes me wonder how we go about obtaining the pokemon if we encounter them... Did you have any ideas on how we go about that?

The Pokemon Showdown bit was scrapped for that very reason (happy to see a user who shares my logic in that matter). The second bit has been discussed, but, you'll have to talk to @Iamtheecchiking since he has all the details on how exactly all of that will work.

~M

I am interested but I do have a couple of ideas! I went back and read initial thread and I heard some idea's about doing pokemon showdown for battles and I am kind of wary about it as I do not like using it. Would there be any other way of doing it somehow? And will the gyms have to be done on the showdown as well? I don't want to have to worry about IV's, Item's , Nature etc. in a Pokemon Roleplay. I would honestly rather roleplay the battle out but if we are to do that it would mean having a roleplay mod look the battle over and judge if the pokemon gets a hit or a miss in etc. So it would provide to be a lot of work for the gm or mod. I think dice rolls would work well in determining if moves hit or not but then again it would be work for the person moderating it.

As far as catching pokemon go however I think dice rolls on if the pokemon is captured or not is a great idea! I also think it would be a good idea to have a random pokemon generator used for the pokemon encountered. If there is no generator you can think of people you want in the area and assign them numbers and dice roll to see what the player encounters as well! But like I said more work for the mods to do... But I think no matter what mods will have a lot of work to do regarding a pokemon rp. But then again... we are not catching pokemon with pokeballs as we are suppose to bond with them... so that makes me wonder how we go about obtaining the pokemon if we encounter them... Did you have any ideas on how we go about that?

We are not using Pokemon Showdown, as Meliodas stated. We will be battling it out in the RP.

I wanted to use a dice roll for catching pokemon, but I couldn't find something that involved inputing the proper catch rates. We have found a pokemon generator for random pokemon encounters. It will be rather easy to bond with a pokemon. The tougher pokemon may battle you, the easier pokemon may just require giving them some food. When you bond with one, it will follow you. You will know when you have bonded with it.

We are not using Pokemon Showdown, as Meliodas stated. We will be battling it out in the RP.

I wanted to use a dice roll for catching pokemon, but I couldn't find something that involved inputing the proper catch rates. We have found a pokemon generator for random pokemon encounters. It will be rather easy to bond with a pokemon. The tougher pokemon may battle you, the easier pokemon may just require giving them some food. When you bond with one, it will follow you. You will know when you have bonded with it.

Alright :D! As long as it is explained I would love to join! I am still a little bit confused on how we will know if the bonding is a success or not. I figure the you guys will let us know. I will go ahead and write up a character sheet today! Thank you for answering my questions!

Alright :D! As long as it is explained I would love to join! I am still a little bit confused on how we will know if the bonding is a success or not. I figure the you guys will let us know. I will go ahead and write up a character sheet today! Thank you for answering my questions!
It would like when a Pokemon is caught by a Pokeball or is about to evolve. The Pokemon will shine with a bright white light and then the trainer will feel the bonding.

It would like when a Pokemon is caught by a Pokeball or is about to evolve. The Pokemon will shine with a bright white light and then the trainer will feel the bonding.

I mean will the mods let us know or can we just roleplay that the pokemon came with us or pokemon shined with a bright white light. Because I know that we can't get them all so we as the players need to either pick and choose which ones stay or not or the mods can say whether it was successful or not.

haha No worries. Everything is pretty much finished, I just have some things to go Over with the other GM's. You may go ahead and post in Professor Dogwood's lab. Responses won't go out till later though.

I promise I will get Professor posts out tomorrow. A family friend got sent to the hospital and we have taken in the dog he had, and we had 2 already. 2 are having some health problems, and it has been awhile since I have gotten more than 5 hours of sleep at a time. I've slowed my activity in other places to allow for more time to GM this RP.

I will also not be running any characters, I will just be GMing so I can give everyone the quickest and best experience I possibly can.

Also, Important! After you've let your pokemon out of the pokeballs they came it, you can't call them back to that pokeball, at least not for now.

Also, Important! After you've let your pokemon out of the pokeballs they came it, you can't call them back to that pokeball, at least not for now.

I hope my response was okay if it needs to be changed or revised please let me know! I was a little confused if we were suppose to stay there or not but I did mention going back into the lab xD!

Back