Power Rangers: Dark Hunters

ChelonianCommander

Strength of Steel, Will of Iron
Centuries ago, a great evil raged across the lands, spreading destruction everywhere it went. The evil was caused by a deranged king only known as Vlad the Impaler. The king wanted to conqure all that his eyes set upon and destroyed everything that stood in his way. For many years he continued his rampage, but in his old age he realized that his reign would end soon and in desperation called upon the greatest sorcerers in his kingdom to study dark magics in order to allow Vlad to living forever but in a new form. Powerful magic fueled by the power of a blood red ellipse and the blood of mortals was cast, chaining not only Vlad but many of his own personal guard to his realm, turning them into monsters known as Vampires. The spell cast made it so that if their bodies were ever destroyed, they would simply return given enough blood.

With his new form Vlad had gained access to new strength and was forever in his prime. With the dark magics he summoned many monsters to do his battles and cause destruction on a scale that was achievable by mortal men. It wasn't until a team of 5 warriors, trained in ancient magic strong enough to counter Vlad's dark arts. With their magic they managed to fight off Vlad and his forces and soon destroyed Vlad's mortal form.

With Vlad destroyed the warriors retreated into the shadows, never to be seen again, or so it was thought. One of Vlad's sorcerers and some of his closest generals had escaped destruction and now continues to wage Vlad's war. Every 50 years when the Blood Eclipse is close to rising, Vlad's followers prepare the blood necessary to bring back their master fully back into the realm to destroy the world. However the warriors knew this was a possibility so during this time, they sought out new heirs to inherit their powers to make sure Vlad could never fully return to his full strength.​

Above the dark stormy clouds of Transylvania, set on top of the tallest mountains found around lies a huge and imposing castle made of black bricks and surrounded by flocks of giant dog sized red eyed bats. Inside the heart of the castle, a pale women wearing a stylized black dress adorned with ruby gems. The woman carries with her a black book and held a sense of regal intimidation about her even as she travels down a flight of stairs down into the deepest heart of the mountains into a a pool of swirling red glowing liquid being tended to by a shriveled little being wearing a pointed leather cap and ragged robes. The being was skeletal in nature as he had no flesh on him, only bones and a skull face. Still the being was capable of seeing and speaking as well as a flesh and bone person as he is chanting passages from a worn and grey book with green unreadable language, the language of the dead.

"Grim, how goes the spell?" The woman asks the shriveled man. The man stops his chanting and immediately runs up the imposing figure and bows kneels before her.

"Mistress Isabella! Forgive me this humble servant for not noticing your coming. And...forgive this humble servant for....telling you that....the spell is far from complete. We do not have enough blood to resurrect the Master." Replied Grim and the women frowns.

"That isn't a good enough reply Grim. My scrying has told me that the Blood Eclipse will rise soon and there is little time to waste. If we cannot revive my dear Vlad in time for the Eclipse, we risk losing his soul forever." Replies Isabella.

"Y-Y-Yes I understand my mistress but.....what can we do? We have agents all over the world gathering the Blood from the shadows but even now we don't even have enough blood to resurrect a Blood Knight. How can we gather enough blood before the Eclipse happens?" He asks

"Simple Grim." Started Isabella. She walked over to the swirling pool and summons a gem encrusted iron goblet in her hands. "We simply have to be more aggressive in our collection." She said and scoops a cup from the pool and opens up her book which is glowing with unreadable purple letters.

----------

In Hallowhenge, in the middle of town square, a festival is going on celebrating the 463rd anniversary of the city's founding. Parades were going on and carnival rides were set up in a nearby park. Shopping and Food Stalls were set up all over place and hundreds of people were attending the festival. Among them a pale young woman, probably around 23 years of age, wearing a pale purple hoodie, baggie jeans, sunglasses and a sunhat was wheeling around an old man in a wheelchair eating a sandwich. The pale women seemed like she couldn't care less, but the old man seemed to be enjoying himself, or rather his sandwich. While the man ate he kept a close eye on the people around him and spots a coffee stand owned by a local coffee house called Bat Black Coffee.

"Hey Lou. Why don't you go over to that stall and get us a couple of coffees huh? Serious, it can't be worst then wheeling around an old geezer." He tells her. The woman didn't seem to have much of a reaction as she looks over to the coffee shop, unimpressed by the shop's size and one employee manning it.

"I'm perfectly fine doing this Clause. You enjoy that sandwich and I'll wheel you there." She said but the man refused.

"No, no. I'm Seriously. I'm perfectly fine sitting here. Besides, I'm thirsty and you need to get the word out about the new shop." He said, and hands her a packet of business cards for an antique shop called Clause's Clutter. "Now go there and give that nice boy a card, and get this old man and yourself a cup of coffee." He tells her and she sighs.

"If you are so insistent." She tells him and walks over to the coffee stall, manned by a single man with a name tag Oliver Thompson. "Hello, I would like two black coffees." She said to Oliver.

Gwen was at the carnival looking for something to do. She looks around for some games to play to show her skills at. She plays hit the bullseye while waiting for someone to notice her skills. She was getting very lonely.

Last edited:
Star wandered the festival, eyeing stands, and just generally enjoying herself. She ignored the occasional odd look some of the older folk around gave her. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't bring herself to regret her rebellious phase. She was simply looking, meandering around the festival.

“Woo!” Shouts Eli as she throws her hands up in the air, the wine bottle in her hands spraying foam everywhere. All around her, revellers echoed her cry as the sound of corks topping from bottles and screams of jubilation echoed out. This was her favourite part of the celebration! Everyone was having fun, and even the police officers sent to make sure festivities didn’t get out of hand were relaxed and laughing.

Climbing down from the shoulders of the man she had been mounted upon, grinning up at him, she slips off into to crowd, taking a swig as she does so. Now that those officers had finally gotten off her case, she could have a bit more fun!

Scampering off, she tried to make herself and her wet clothes look a bit more presentable as she entered calmer grounds on the way to her motorbike. She had been lucky not to get much of it in her hair, and counted that as a small victory.

Silvan was no where near the celebration, despite the fact he promised to be there. Well, he lied about it and he had no regrets at all. Silvan remained somewhere at the furthermost part of the city, were everything was quiet because everyone was concentrated in one area. He could still see people travelling to the festival but he himself didn't even care to take a peak at it. The area's much too crowded after all, he'll be much to uncomfortable and as a result, it wouldn't be fun to him, even if he tried.

Silvan sat on top of his apartment, there he could see the lights from the far distance. He looked at the time for a moment and yawned a bit. No one would be home for a long, long while so he has a few hours to himself. So, the boy laid down on the floor and just looked at the lights. Silently.

Oliver had had a busy day, the coffee shop he worked at, Bat Black Coffee, decided to have him man a coffee stall for a little trial run. He didn't mind it, he enjoyed being around people and the festival was fun. He had just finished with a customers chai tea, when another approached, she had an odd paleness to her, but given the area it wasn't shocking. She ordered to black coffees, he gave her a smile, "Sure thing, coming right up," he told her cheerily.
He stepped over to the coffee machine and began to make both cups, Bat Black coffee didn't do pots, they did by the cup orders.
While the cups brewed he decided to chat as he usually did, "So, you must be new in town, haven't seen you before, and that's something cause usually everyone stops at Bat Black at some point. And I feel I'd recognize such an interesting character."

Gwen goes to the coffee stand while taking a break from hitting the bullseye. She was waiting in line. She was having a good time. She thought to herself, "Will anyone like me from another city? I hope so. I can't wait to make some friends."

"Yep that's me. Ms. Interesting..." She said as she opens her wallet and pulls out a credit card and sets it on the table, as well as the business card for Clause's Clutter. "My...grandpa and I are opening up a bookstore on Sing street." She tells him as she waits for the coffee.

---------

Isabella has closeted herself out in her own personal tower and from there she had began a ritual with the blood she had collected from the swirling pool. She poured the blood into a cauldron of bubbling and glowing purple liquid as she recites a spell from her Grimoire. "With this sacrifice I call upon thee. Rise from your slumber and terrify this plain yet again, I order you....Masqui!" From the purple liquid comes forth a red cloud which travels from the cauldron and skulks onto the floor. The cloud turns began to take form and solidify into a monster with the head of a mosquito and a twisted humanoid form.

"I live!" It shouts as the monster fully forms. The creature looked around before spotting Isabella. "My queen!" Masqui kneels before Isabella as the vampire queen walks up to the mosquito monster. "What do you require do you have for this loyal servant?"

"The supply of blood is not enough to revive our lord Vlad this cycle. Without it, Grimm will not be able to complete the ritual of the Blood Eclipse. I need you to go and harvest more."

"Of course my Queen. Where shall I go to collect your desired blood?" Masqui asks as he stands up, ready for his task. Isabella ponders on that thought for a moment, using her magic to scry the perfect location for harvesting and soon comes upon the city of Hollowhenge, doing some sort of celebration. The celebration had many hundreds of people to drain, all unable to fight back and perfect for the harvest. "There Masqui....gather up the Thralls and go. Gather up as many people as you can and bring them here for the ritual." Isabelle orders and Masqui bows.

"I shall do this my queen, and I shall not fail you!" With that Masqui teleports away in a beam of purple light.

Silvan got bored and a bit hungry. While on the roof, he took some binoculars to see if there was something interesting to spot. Unfortunately, he was a bit too far even for the binoculars. So he got his telescope. That thing is pretty expensive and it takes some time to set up. But once it was ready, he was able to see the festival in great detail, almost as if he's actually there. Good thing he wasn't. He continued to look through the telescope, essentially spying on random people. A bit creepy but he didn't really care about the morals of it for now. Boredom had taken over.

He's not going to lie though, things got pretty boring quickly after a couple of minutes. Everyone seemed to be doing the same thing, as what he can tell though his telescope. There's some random coffee shop and there's some random book shop, not too far from each other. He's never been to either before. Silvan wondered if he could find his adoptive parents in the crowd, he wasn't sure where they'll be but he know they may be there somewhere.

Star looked over at the coffee stand. Coffee sounded so good right now. She'd been at all the other stalls, so she got in line, and made sure she had her wallet with her. Peppermint Mocha...Yeah, maybe a Frappe...Hm... She thought to herself as she waited for her turn behind a woman she'd never seen before.

Olvier turned back towards her with coffee in hand, he set them on the counter and picked up both cards, "A book store huh? Sound cool, I'll be sure to stop by when I get a chance, I like a good book now and then." He told her with a smile, he turned and swiped her card to pay for the coffees, the receipt printed as the card went through.
He handed the card back to her, "The total was three fifty, and I hope you enjoy, I'm sure I'll see you again at some point soon."

Gwen smiles as she knew she was next. Gwen waits for the person in front of her to finish her business. She was thinking about what drink to order.

As the bottled in her hand emptied, Eli frowns down at it. Chucking it over her shoulder with a shrug, she glances around the parking lot for where she had left her baby. It had to be around here somewhere... ah! There’s her pride and joy!

Skipping over, she hums happily to herself as she draws her keys from her pockets and unlocks her helmet from where it had been chained up, sliding the protective gear over her head and lowering the reflective visor as she mounted her Ducati, revving the engine loudly twice for good fun, and began to make her way out of the parking lot.

"Yep. And you as well." Lou replied, taking the coffees with then and set the business card down on the counter before leaving. Lou returned back to old man Clause who had nearly fallen asleep in his wheel chair. Lou tapped Clause who wakes up with a snort before looking up and giving Lou a smile.

"There you are. Got the coffee?" He asks and Lou simple hands him a cup before taking a sip from her cup. "Make any new friends?" He asks her and Lou simply looks at Clause with an annoyed face before looking forward and continuing to drink. However she immediately coughs up her drink and chokes a bit when she sees some unnaturally dark clouds were coming over the city. "You ok Lou?" He said and looks in the direction that Lou was facing and sees the dark clouds rolling in and his heart skips a beat. "Oh damn...."

Star was waiting in line. She looked up and saw dark clouds. "Oh, great. Looks like rain. Exactly what we needed during a festival." She hadn't brought a coat. And rain tended to be cold. And she didn't want to go home yet. But it at least meant a hot coffee rather than a cold one. Unless she wanted to be completely miserable.

Silvan observed clouds coming from nowhere, it was really odd because none of the clouds actually came from the nearby beach, nor did the clouds come form the mountain. A complete mystery. It really didn't make much sense when examining the weather either, and the news channels didn't report a possibility of sudden rain. He also noticed they were going unusually fast and at the direction of the festival. Really, Silvan didn't know what it was. Perhaps it was a prank of some sort? That didn't make any sense at all. Maybe it was a weather anomaly?

Eli halted just before she would have exited the car park, sitting back in her bike as she raises her reflective lense. “Dang. That looks like one pretty ad storm.” She mutters to herself, pausing to decide if she should head home or find somewhere safe to keep her baby. If she did go home she’d have to go pretty slowly, which kind of defeated the entire reason she had bought her bike.

With a sigh she revs the engine again, before peeling off in the opposite direction of home. She had seen some under cover areas for push bikes on the other side of the celebrations, and was entirely willing to argue her Ducati a space in with them.

Oliver smiled as she left and pocketed the business card, he'd have to stop by there when he had a chance. He watched her go to was apparently her grandfather, and when she spat the coffee he got concerned something was wrong with the coffee, then he followed her gaze. He felt a sense of dread looking at those dark clouds, after all, it was supposed to be a bright sunny day, not to mention they looked darker than normal and had an unatural shape to them.
He quickly turned his attention back to the next customer in line, but all the while the clouds nagged at his mind.

Gwen was thinking about having a cappuccino. She waits on to order something. She said, "One Cappuccino please good sir."

Back