Noel knows a decent amount about Greek mythology, it's just that he doesn't know what form Cronus has taken, and seeing Kardia, he's going to interrogate him.

cc554e479732f5f2eefd4ec38dd58c22764b57b8_hq.jpg

Name
:

Sphinx

Physical Age:

Race:
Divine Monster

Appearance:
Sphinx is pretty short, standing at 5' and weighing 102 lbs. Her hair is orange, and she has a slight bowlcut, while the tips looks more yellow. She has a honey-like mix of orange and yellow colored eyes,and prefers to wear her clothes proper. No matter what she's wearing, the collar will look nice, and it will be zipped/buttoned all the way. She prefers to wear a yellow shirt underneath. She is overall pretty tiny, with pretty skinny arms and legs.

Affiliation:
Typhon's Alliance

Starting Personality:
Sphinx is a pretty brainy girl, preferring to use her head over brute force. She tends to be rather motivated by a challenge, and has a lot of self-confidence, always pushing herself to her limits.... and even beyond that. However, due to this pretty large amount of faith she has in herself, she does not take defeat well, and has a pretty fixed mindset. While it allows her to want to make sure she never screws up, it sometime can cancel out the growth she makes to get smarter. Sphinx is a relatively kind girl, but if you beat her, she will motivate everything to try to obliterate the foundation she just built. She also tends to be sarcastic, but says it in a tone when you can't really tell if she's joking or not.
She can also be a bit of a nerd, taking every piece of new knowledge with passion. She is easily flustered and gets emotional very quickly, so if you make her your enemy, prepare yourself - she will give your brain and your body Tartarus.

History:
A daughter of Echidna and Typhon, Sphinx was a guardian of Thebes, finding her passion by tricking anyone who dared to enter with a riddle - "Which creature has one voice and yet becomes four-footed and two-footed and three-footed?" Anyone who got it wrong.... she'd devour. She liked doing it - both the devouring and the trickery. She loved having knowledge that no one had. But when a mortal named Oedipus answered correctly with "man," Sphinx was so ashamed that she lost what made her special that she threw herself off a cliff and died, allowing Oedipus to claim another place to show that this was going to be the age of those wretched Olympians.

Sphinx stayed in the Underworld for a while, gathering knowledge on how to escape... but even after finding a path, she didn't want to put her brother Cerberus on the spot or get him in trouble. But when news started to spread that the children of Typhon were rebelling and that Cerberus was gone... she didn't waste any time. Escaping the Underworld with ease, she came to Kuri-shi, determined to find her siblings and finally take back the world she was on for so long.

Abilities & Skills:
While Sphinx doesn't have too many special powers, she has retractable wings and claws, allowing her to attacks and escape easily. However, they take about twenty seconds to take out, so she doesn't primarily use it. She does, however, as mentioned before, have a lot of knowledge on a lot of things, so she tends to be more like that one support girl in the back who's smart but can't fight.

True Form Appearance:
latest

She is 5'9".

True Form Additional Abilities:
Now always has her claws, wings, and tail out. Her teeth are also much sharper.​

Sorry, was sleeping for a good while.

But yes, accepted, hop in.

Meanwhile, i'll go ahead and work on my post.

hi!

very late on my end and I apologize for the delay in posting. I should have been more attentive and addressed that it'd likely take me some time to post given real life stuff. I'm off tomorrow and will definitely post then. Sincere apologies again to people waiting on me.

so i got some serious shit to lay down on the table here and I'd rather say it now then bring it up sheepishly when the RP's grinded to a halt and I need to give an explanation as to why I haven't been posting. Hopefully(?) come off as less of an asshole.

But I've got some really bad news irl: my grandmother had a serious procedure she needed to go through and worrying about that on top of work and making sure my siblings go to school and so on is just too much for my mental state right now and I'd only be letting down the people involved in this RP and their precious time if I continued to just sit in my room and spend my time worrying and fretting when I could be posting.

It's not fair to me, and more importantly it's not fair to any of you. So since Kardia's one of the chosen, feel free to GM him. If you need an idea for personality, I basically modeled him after Android 16# from DBZ, a big guy who loves nature and animals. I'm sure however he's portrayed if he is that I'll be happy with it. thanks again for the good interactions and good times, brief as they were.

have a good night/morning everybody.

Back