Status
Not open for further replies.
"She's right." Remy crossed his arms and, though infinitely smaller, he looked down on the Fear Lord before them with a sneer. "I'm not afraid of you, or anything, really." He was about to say something disparaging about how many fears Rio had, but he held his tongue in that regard. After all, Rio's persistance did get him to this point...even if it took him nine tries before.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Lucky @Donder172 @dark @MelodyMeister

Maple smiled at Kliff and turned around, she didn’t seem cheerful, but she wasn’t very happy with the others’s pessimism, well, she was from a completely different place to them after all...
“Oh? I’m going on about something a child wouldn’t understand, I’ve been on so many adventures, it’s interesting to see something I haven’t seen in a while. I’ve been 18 for who knows how many years now, so travelling is something I will not give up for a while.”
Maple was going to say more to the quiet boy, but she swiveled around when she heard that inhuman noise that was, the Fear Lord. She was simply repulsed by it, not scared, travelling for so many years can do that to you.
“Ah, The Master of the Realm, You say you are a fear lord? Nonsense, such beings only do havoc on those too scared to confront it, and I..I’ve killed my own subjects as Queen, seen the horrors of the mind, I’ve had everything happen to me, so...Come at us, many of us doesn’t seem to be scared, we’ve had no reason to now that everyone one knows how they died before.”
Her tone was the same, but the politeness was gone, Maple wasn’t scared at all, much like the others. Still, she was disgusted at herself for saying such strong words.
@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Lucky @Donder172 @dark @Yun Lee

Last edited:
The one who had gone by the name of Wisteria caught up to the group late. Shortly after the breaking of the illusion, she realized that, in all likelihood, they were going to be confronting some sort of "evil." A villain, of sorts. As much as her supposed schoolmates' true identities interested her, she did need to make herself useful. And unlike the other magical girls of her world, she had to change her clothes manually in order to undergo her transformation.

So at last as they encountered the Dweller in Darkness, Shiratori Utano appeared. Though it appeared that they weren't actually planning to do combat. Whether they planned to do so or not however posed no problem to Utano. Similarly to her illusion, she would simply confront the problem head-on. Albeit with a good deal more confidence.
TQk6Nd9.png

"I dunno about these illusions and dimensions and stuff, but hey. Whether we got what it takes or not, we gotta try! If you really had full control, you wouldn't even be asking us this question, would you?" She put one hand on her hip and flashed a cheeky smile. "So let's skip the hard part and just send us back. What do you say? It's a good deal for us all if you ask me!"

Though she had to admit, those memories of Hogwarts and living as Wisteria were quite pleasant, when compared to the state of her home. But even still, home was home. They all needed to go back to where they belonged, regardless of how they may have felt on the matter. That was what she thought, at least.

Maple smiled at Kliff and turned around, she didn’t seem cheerful, but she wasn’t very happy with the others’s pessimism, well, she was from a completely different place to them after all...
“Oh? I’m going on about something a child wouldn’t understand, I’ve been on so many adventures, it’s interesting to see something I haven’t seen in a while. I’ve been 18 for who knows how many years now, so travelling is something I will not give up for a while.”
Maple was going to say more to the quiet boy, but she swiveled around when she heard that inhuman noise that was, the Fear Lord. She was simply repulsed by it, not scared, travelling for so many years can do that to you.
“Ah, The Master of the Realm, You say you are a fear lord? Nonsense, such beings only do havoc on those too scared to confront it, and I..I’ve killed my own subjects as Queen, seen the horrors of the mind, I’ve had everything happen to me, so...Come at us, many of us doesn’t seem to be scared, we’ve had no reason to now that everyone one knows how they died before.”
Her tone was the same, but the politeness was gone, Maple wasn’t scared at all, much like the others. Still, she was disgusted at herself for saying such strong words.
@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Lucky @Donder172 @dark @Yun Lee

Kliff practically bristled at the way she worded it and almost sounded. Was she simply patronizing him because he was young? Or was she really as old as she implied to possibly be?

"Don't mess with me, I'm no child." he huffed, before continuing, "Unless you seek thrill in something like this, I doubt anyone else would "enjoy the moment" as you put it earlier. Something like that sounds idiotic."

"If they find thrill in possibly maiming their adversary is another story, which I have no problem with." the teen added, he really had no problem with dealing with enemies really. They got in his way and they were out to kill him and his friends back home, so he took them out first. There was a war going on, and that's just how things were. Bandits, enemy soldiers, and the dead, it was all the same to him so far.

Kliff himself was done with the conversation for the most part, and with the mastermind behind this showing himself, Kliff felt the tiniest twinge of fear for a second, before it was squashed by images of Terrors. Yeah, dead solders were much scarier than this thing, at some point, either way both Terrors and the Dweller in Darkness were ugly. He wasn't going to let his guard down though, that was for sure.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @MelodyMeister @Lucky @dark @Kaykay @Glostechk @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

Nathaniel Plimpton III

Nathaniel paused and thought for a moment. Why had he allowed them to break the illusion and come here? From what he remembered of what the witch had said, they had died nine times before this. He imagined that it was the fear of who Umbridge wanted to bring here. " But do you want to keep us if we have nothing to offer? Yes, it is true that you most likely could feed on our fear of things to come and why wouldn't you? Perhaps, you tired of the illusion. Why allow us to get this far if this is your dimension of fear? It's funny.... the absence of everything doesn't really make me feel afraid, annoyed, yes.... afraid no," he dryly replied. Even faced with something as terrifying as a fear Lord, Nathaniel didn't seem phased or afraid. He seemed just annoyed, emotionless as he was back in the illusion. It was kind of funny that he wasn't afraid of anything here because he had nothing left to lose that he cared about here.

@Yun Lee @Ver @MelodyMeister @dark @Kaykay @Glostechk @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi

"Fear, fear takes many shapes. Fear of the unknown. Fear of of an object or animal. Fear of...hopelessness."
It looked like the Dweller in Darkness had enough when the others started to question and talk back to him. As he rose to his feet, towering over all present, the throne behind him returned back to the black sand that was shifting all around them.

"I allowed you to come here for the simple reason that when I have humbled you and brought you back into the fold that your emotions will nourish me so much better."
There was no talking down the Fear Lord right now as he readied himself. "Strike me and realize that you have no chance to best me."

@Yun Lee @Ver @MelodyMeister @dark @Kaykay @Glostechk @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi

Maple gave a dark laugh and crossed her arms, since she was essentially what one would call a “thrill-seeker”, Maple bantered back the the Fear Lord.
“Ha, feeding off Melody might be better, She was a unstable source with her mood swings but it’s better than me. Ah, Are you looking to battle, I was hoping to negotiate things out..No problem, It’s not like you’re the first thing I’ve killed. Now if only I had a gun..”
Her politeness was gone by the last sentence, and she prepared to raise the wand and cast a spell, she would have preferred a gun, but there wasn’t any choice. Still, she looked over to the soldier that was Lucas, and was tempted to snatch one of his guns.
@Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Ver @dark @Kaykay @Glostechk @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Jeremi

"Fear, fear takes many shapes. Fear of the unknown. Fear of of an object or animal. Fear of...hopelessness." It looked like the Dweller in Darkness had enough when the others started to question and talk back to him. As he rose to his feet, towering over all present, the throne behind him returned back to the black sand that was shifting all around them.

"I allowed you to come here for the simple reason that when I have humbled you and brought you back into the fold that your emotions will nourish me so much better."
There was no talking down the Fear Lord right now as he readied himself. "Strike me and realize that you have no chance to best me."

tumblr_p660rzPZOk1v3qowuo3_100.jpg

❝ Fear is only natural. At some point in a person's lifetime, there is fear that rests in their hearts, but yet, it'll dissolve in time for that person to better themself. For better or for worse. What I see is fear being drive out of a natural cycle, and extorted for more than what is normal. ❞ Lelouch wasn't all that distraught upon hearing that their main culprit was the Fear Lord. ❝ If this is what the embodiment of fear truly is, I'll hate to admit that I've seen this before. I've seen it again and again. ❞

While some of their group had the ideas of fighting back out of spite or out of pure instinct, the ravenette only stood there to assess their situation. He wasn't all prepared for combat, even with everything restored.

❝ If you wish to nourish yourself with our fears, I'd like to see you do so when the bowl is empty, and that the provider provides none to refill the bowl with. ❞ Lelouch maintained a confident air around him, awaiting for any sudden changes. ❝ Go on, I'm waiting. ❞

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @MelodyMeister @dark @Kaykay @Glostechk @Donder172 @Takumi

tumblr_p660rzPZOk1v3qowuo3_100.jpg

❝ Fear is only natural. At some point in a person's lifetime, there is fear that rests in their hearts, but yet, it'll dissolve in time for that person to better themself. For better or for worse. What I see is fear being drive out of a natural cycle, and extorted for more than what is normal. ❞ Lelouch wasn't all that distraught upon hearing that their main culprit was the Fear Lord. ❝ If this is what the embodiment of fear truly is, I'll hate to admit that I've seen this before. I've seen it again and again. ❞

While some of their group had the ideas of fighting back out of spite or out of pure instinct, the ravenette only stood there to assess their situation. He wasn't all prepared for combat, even with everything restored.

❝ If you wish to nourish yourself with our fears, I'd like to see you do so when the bowl is empty, and that the provider provides none to refill the bowl with. ❞ Lelouch maintained a confident air around him, awaiting for any sudden changes. ❝ Go on, I'm waiting. ❞

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @MelodyMeister @dark @Kaykay @Glostechk @Donder172 @Takumi

127252-131056-dweller-in-darkness.gif

"If you wish me to feast on the marrow of your bones, then I will happily oblige."
The Dweller in Darkness responded to Lelouch. "I have found some suffering to really make a being change their perspective."

Skeletor meanwhile had heard enough, it was obvious to him that whatever they said or did they had a fight coming. Might as well throw the first stone. He aimed his Havoc staff at the Fear Lord and fired, even causing Dweller in Darkness to be pushed back, but otherwise he seemed unhurt. "I see you have decided on your course of action. You chose...unwisely." He raised his hand making the sand around them to form into humanoid figures that were poised to attack.

"Leave your puppets to the mortal fodder, you are mine!" Hecate boasted her own magic hitting Dweller in Darkness who managed to to put up a shield before she hit him.​

@Yun Lee @Ver @MelodyMeister @dark @Kaykay @Glostechk @Donder172 @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

"!"

Diana gasped in mild shock as the sand minions appeared before the group, surrounding them like a small army. The girl's legs quivered a bit at the malicious intent behind the Dweller in Darkness and his minions, but still she kept her ground, knowing that if she didn't do anything here -- if she didn't at least try to do something -- then all would be lost.

She had to hope. She had to visualize it. She had to see it.

Home.

She wanted to go home. She would come home.

All she had to do was believe in it. And believe in her own magic.

"I generally don't enjoy the vulgarities of such barbaric measures, but if violence is the only language that a terrible beast like you would understand, then so be it!" Diana exclaimed, mustering up all the willpower and resolve she could gather as she drew her wand, having taken on a different shape to how it was when she was Juno; the kind of wand she used at Luna Nova instead of Hogwarts.

And like so, as she waved her wand, it glowed a green light at the tip, before bursting into a small spectacle of luminescence, all the while golden blades suddenly materialized in the air over the young witch, poised and ready.

latest

"Come, my indestructible guardians! In the name of Cavendish! Brandish your swords and strike down those of evil heart! Fineltina la Serana!" She cried out defiantly, the swords shifting their position slightly as she spoke.

Whoosh!

And with that, the swords flew forward at frightening speeds, a number of them flying toward the sand minions in hopes of splitting them apart while others made their way to the Dweller in Darkness himself, hoping to aid Hecate in bursting through the monster's shield!

@Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @dark @Kaykay @Glostechk @Donder172 @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi

Utano pulled out her whip at the sight of the sudden sand soldiers. If they had to fight for their freedom, then so be it. She was more than used to that, after all. With a serious expression, she swung her whip at the figures of sand closest to her, the sound of a whip crack traveling through the air.

PpG4Uek.png

"Never fought a monster that talks before, but there's a first time for everything, right?!"

After clearing out the sand humanoids around her, she leaped high into the air. Seeking to simply soar past the hordes, she aimed to crash down and swing her whip upon the Dweller in Darkness!

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @MelodyMeister @dark @Lucky @Glostechk @Donder172 @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

"If you wish me to feast on the marrow of your bones, then I will happily oblige."
The Dweller in Darkness responded to Lelouch. "I have found some suffering to really make a being change their perspective."

Skeletor meanwhile had heard enough, it was obvious to him that whatever they said or did they had a fight coming. Might as well throw the first stone. He aimed his Havoc staff at the Fear Lord and fired, even causing Dweller in Darkness to be pushed back, but otherwise he seemed unhurt. "I see you have decided on your course of action. You chose...unwisely." He raised his hand making the sand around them to form into humanoid figures that were poised to attack.

"Leave your puppets to the mortal fodder, you are mine!" Hecate boasted her own magic hitting Dweller in Darkness who managed to to put up a shield before she hit him.​

@Yun Lee @Ver @MelodyMeister @dark @Kaykay @Glostechk @Donder172 @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies

"Hmph." Kliff sighed, raising his hand, glyphs appearing around him and mere seconds afterwards

tumblr_ortrgsTO1u1wrkzijo1_500.png

"My turn."

Flames would shoot out from his hand at any sand figures that were the closest to him. Not so much as blinking as he cast his attack, he followed up with another round of flames.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Ver @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Kaykay @dark @Glostechk @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies

Maple sighed as the sand minions formed, a proper lady like her wouldn’t usually fight, but it’s really kill or be killed in this case.
“Ah..unlike everyone else, My power is..what a minute...Hmm, Looks likes it’s starting to reactive. This should be easy enough then.”
A shocked expression followed by a small smirk appeared on the woman’s face, before the whole body disappeared into thin air. She reappeared behind a minion and took out Melody’s wand.
“It feels good to finally use some of my own magic potential...Reducto!”
Maple’s ability may not lie in ‘bland wizard magic’, but there was no doubt that she was a powerful mage.
@Jeremi

tumblr_p65zomrwt21v3qowuo4_100.jpg

❝ Is that all you can think of? No matter... we'll settle this now, Dweller in Darkness. ❞ Lelouch took that comment as a challenge, slightly amused by the fact that causing suffering to instill fear was all that their foe could say. Of course, the ravenette was unable to do much on his own, given that his physical prowess was quite lacking.

❝ This is a first, using Geass on what isn't human... a perfect opportunity to test its effectiveness here. ❞ He made sure that he wasn't going to make contact with those that were allied with him, and that he was staring at the sand puppets. Resting his hand over his left eye, another gifted power of his activated.

tumblr_n2pi2ph1ww1s5f9ado1_500.gif

❝ Now I command all of you, fight for my cause. Fight against the Dweller in Darkness until he does not exist. Lelouch commanded with a clear voice. Of course, he wasn't even sure if Geass worked on some of these sand puppets, but it didn't hurt to try. It wasn't like he was going to get his own hands dirty and do some fighting himself.

@Yun Lee @Ver @MelodyMeister @dark @Kaykay @Glostechk @Donder172 @Takumi @Jeremi

The attacks on the sand people connected scattering most of them into the wind. Lelouch meanwhile came to realize that they had no mind to control, only being an extension of the Dweller in Darkness' will. However with each one that was felled another took its place.

Meanwhile Hecate and Skeletor were keeping the Dweller busy with their own magic attacks, and while the Fear Lord seemed to manage handling the two rather well, it was distraction enough for Utano to attack him with his whip. Instead of hearing the sound of whip hitting flesh, a metallic clang emitted from where the whip struck him causing him to stagger backwards a bit allowing Hecate and Skeletor's magic to send him flying and landing with a heavy thud on the ground.

During this Gentiana had been passively looking on, but seeing the Dweller in the Darkness become staggered caused her to head into action. The air around the group started to feel very cold as Gentiana's form started to change right in front of them.

A woman shaped of ice and cold emerged from the transformation backed up with a few smaller versions of her that made their way towards the Fear Lord who was now getting up from the attack. She was no longer Gentiana the messenger of the Gods, but the Astral Shiva. Seeing the beings coming towards him the Dweller in Darkness attempted to conjure up a powerful fire spell but it was quickly snuffed by the shearing cold. The Fear Lords movements were getting sluggish and it didn't take long until he was fully frozen in place.

"Now," Shiva clamored. "Hit him with everything you have." Hecate and the others obliged hitting him with their most powerful spells causing the body of the Dweller in Darkness to explode sending ice shrapnel everywhere.

They were ready to sigh in relief when they could hear the Dweller's voice echoing all around them. "Useless." Black tendrils grabbed unto Shiva, causing the smaller versions of her to disappear as well as latching unto Hecate and Skeletor pulling them into the sand. "Your most powerful pawns are gone."

The group found the head of the Dweller of Darkness to emerge from the shadows, floating over his now destroyed body. "You threw your best at me and failed. Give in to the despair already. Let me feast on it!"

Now, throughout this entire battle, Remy had decided an...alternative method to actually fighting. And that was...just kind of standing there and glaring at the Dweller of Darkness. Well hey, if looks could kill.

In truth, the one thing Remy despised above all else was fighting. It ruined his family, turned him into the hateful man he was today, and was the one thing he could never understand. He fought plenty himself, out of...what, some sort of vigilante justice? A hope to understand why it was so loved in his homeworld? He didn't know. And now the Dweller of Darkness chose to use it against them.

Once the beast had returned from death, Remy had some choice words for him. "You know, your little fear farm, while abominable in every sense of the world, was at least a respectable attempt at villainy. Pretty creative, and you were honest about your intentions-you were hungry and found a way to eat. Selfish, but honest." Putting one hand in his pocket, the French youth pointed at the monster. "But this little battle of yours proves that you're really nothing more than some beast. Resorting to violence so you can bully us into surrendering? Tch, get real."

tumblr_o8sqcxMxB01uhfq0qo1_250.gif

"I didn't give into your desperate attempts at defeating us before, and I'm not going to now. You may as well just let us go before soneone here kills you-there's no more fear to be found in this group."

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @MelodyMeister @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @dark @Donder172

Nathaniel Plimpton III

" I imagine that we are supposed to feel fear and be afraid of you, but honestly, I'm not really afraid. Annoyed-yes, but afraid-no. It's like Umbridge, I'm kind of pitying you. You are trying so hard to make us afraid of what you can do and how we can't fight because our fighters are gone, but even when we were fighting the sand people- I wasn't afraid. I understand what makes me frightened and sad, but that doesn't mean I'm afraid. After all, all pain does is cause anger and fear causes drama. I already know I have no control over my fate and I'm fine with that. After all, all of the fear is like free will and morality... just an illusion we tell ourselves. I'm fine with the trauma... actually, I dare say, I'm glad for the trauma."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee

“...Ahahaha! Ah, so, you’ve taken down those who rescued us from the illusionary school, but did you ever think we didn’t have powerful ‘pawns’ already? Oh, Stop trying to be so over-dramatic, I truly believe that you had more despair to feed on back at that school. Ah...Let’s just get to the point, after all, the others have already given a reason you suck.”
For extra boldness, Maple had teleported closer to the Dweller In Darkness than she really should, her politeness seems to be gone despite her gentle voice.
“I’m giving you the last warning, Dweller In Darkness. No one else is scared of you, and you can only hold out for so long. Oh, I would like to see how your dead body looks like though, It’s not often I see such a eldritch abomination.”
@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back