Ame Damnee Private Meeting Hall

Isla

Gray cobblestone walls and a banner of red and gold decorate the back of the narrow meeting room where the imperator, second in command, and masters all gather around a large circle table and do a weekly summons where everyone is required to report on the events that took place at their post. Anyone of lower rank is not allowed in here. That's usually not the case, though action will be taken if it becomes so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taran Caelis Titan, played by Meliodas

Private Meeting Hall
It had already been a long day. Fortunately, it was almost over as the sun had begun to set above ground. Taran needed a quiet place to think, so the room would do as he sat at the foot of the table. Alone, he had much to consider. Each step forward was as dangerous as the last. He was playing a dangerous game with lives on the line, namely those closest to him. Raakshdos was growing to be a thorn in his side, one in which he couldn’t remove; at the same time, he was being coaxed into turning against Minerva, an idea to which he didn’t truly take to. Hopefully, the man he had whispered heresy to didn’t act on his suggestion.

Taran was simply an agent, a manipulator with the sole job of stirring the unrest. During the day, he was a loyal guard, protector of Princess Elva and the crown; at night, he was the second-in-command of the Underground. While he favored the princess and even the royal family for that matter, the Warden’s left more to be desired. Between a rock and a hard place, however, he was nothing more than a willing puppet. “Soon… I’ll have what is mine…”

Alhon
Private Meeting Hall

Alhon walks into the Private Meeting hall and looks around and just sees Taran sitting at the end of a table; Alhon gives an audible sigh, he thinks to himself, "What the fuck is this guy doing..." , Alhon walks on over and sits right by Taran; he puts a cigarette in his mouth and lights it with his finger-tip. He offers Taran one while tapping the table with his dagger; "Hi buddy ole'pal ole'friend; wha'cha doin' moping around here? Don't have some tom-fuck-foolery to do today like me?" he said trying to get some information out of Taran; "His face reads concern or deep-though; must've missed something while I was out."

Private Meeting Hall
Taran didn’t even flinch as the man spoke, his features stern, expression stoic and clearly disinterested in anything Alhon had to say - including the offer of a smoke. His mind continued to wander even as Alhon went on with his attempts at gauging his mood, and while Taran heard everything that was said, it seemed easier to simply disregard it.

Looking up, his eyes narrowed a bit as he stood, using his height advantage to impose on Alhon. “Minerva. Does she…?-.” It was a bit of an open-ended question. He had a lot on his mind, especially with the discovery from an unnamed source that a pair of Void Born were in the city, along with the man the Underground nearly killed earlier. For now, he needed time to think and was curious about Minerva’s whereabouts – hoping he could avoid her inquiries until tomorrow.

@Spartaninafield

A skilled thief whom Minerva trusted had been sent to find Taran. She'd ordered the young man to look everywhere in the underground first- and allowed him temporary access to the private meeting hall to do so. The young man entered the meeting hall, eyes fixated on the ground in case anyone was in there. He saw glimpses of two pairs of boots and glanced up. "Apologies for my intrusion. I was sent by Minerva. Taran, a word please?"

Private Meeting Hall
The intrusion by one of Minerva’s agents didn’t seem to faze Taran as he stopped dead in his tracks, his hands covering his chest. If he had a heart, it would have ached as a throbbing could be felt echoing in his chest. His legs seemed to quiver and grow weak underneath him, threatening to topple him over. Pain. Immense pain could be felt as he heard a voice call his name through the void. Xena? Something terrible had happened, and he could sense it from the churning of his blood which boiled. Minerva most definitely would not be pleased, but before Taran said a word he disappeared, consumed in light and leaving nothing behind but the memory of his presence.

Minerva swiftly entered the private meeting hall. Her facial muscles were relaxed, but her mind was elsewhere. Hopefully, that little messenger boy had gotten her message across to Taran and Taran would meet her here today so they could discuss the matter of his insubordination. She hadn't expected this from him; He was her second-in-command, he was like a co-leader, and think he'd decided to disappear on her like that and not send her any sort of message that he'd be delayed in return.

Minerva sat down in the tall, upholstered chair across the large circled table. It faced towards the entrance, so that she could see whoever entered right away. A few other chairs similar to hers stood still in perfect order. Minerva awaited silently for Taran to appear, then looked up when the door slowly opened with a click. Minerva's face didn't change when she saw the familiar man enter the room. "Taran," she began coolly. "It's nice to finally see you back here. Where have you been?"

@Meliodas

Private Meeting Hall
Taran had avoided Minerva long enough, a mistake he knew he would live to regret. He could almost sense her presence, lingering nearby, her aura calling to him as he wandered the halls. What would he say? How could he account for his behavior without giving too much away? Without putting those he cared about in danger?

Opening the door to the private meeting hall, his face was solemn, unflinching as he stepped inside, staring down Minerva without even a hint of hesitation. As he stood there, closing the door behind him, he looked around skeptically. The walls had ears, none of which were trusted enough to hear anything he had to say. It wasn't until he knew for certain that they were alone that he began to speak.

“There is a lot of movement above ground. Whispers of… gods… and devils. This attack was just the beginning.” Taran would need to tread carefully with the words that followed. “Some of our dealings have peaked Raakshdos’s interest. First the Void Born… and now Cryker. It isn’t simply dumb luck and misfortunate that resulted in Aditi’s Plume having been stolen. And now, the city has one dead Grandmaster while the other has left us defenseless… without law and order as the Warden’s venture out on a fool’s errand.” Pausing.

“Whatever you are planning, you can bet it is exactly what He wants. It could be a trap. When I said, this was the beginning, it was because I fear this is only the start of the long road ahead of us… one which will inevitably lead into a war. The things I know… I cannot even utter… but life as we know it is about to change… most likely for the worst.”

Minerva didn't understand Taran's gibberish. When did he find out about the void born? Calm wasn't around when he came back; She was out to search for Aditi's Plume. Taran hadn't been around when she'd recruited the void born in. She was especially irritated by the fact that he spoke of Cryker so blatantly. He wasn't here when Cryker had been executed; Cryker was *gone*. He was *dead*, so why did Taran speak of him so? Raakshdos came up and Minerva briefly recalled talking to Devon about him. "Wait, wait- Taran, slow down," Minerva laughed, surprised by the way he suddenly talked, the way he changed. This was absolute blasphemy. "What in the world are you talking about? I don't understand, Taran. What is Raakshdos interested in? A void born? Cryker? Why? What does he gain from some void born and Cryker?"

@Meliodas

Private Meeting Hall
Admittedly, Taran was flustered, especially since everything he had worked so hard to preserve was being threatened. The game was afoot, one in which would make everyone else’s schemes seem like child’s play. “The die is cast…” Taran muttered to himself. Pawns were already falling into place; the board was set, and the only thing Raakshdos was waiting on… “Checkmate.” Taran seemed to be talking out loud as he looked away momentarily, trying his best to collect himself. These were matters he couldn’t expect most to understand, but with his extensive knowledge and history… he knew what the world had coming.

“I disappeared because Raakshdos gave me a job. His interest in the Void Born, Cryker… his role in the recent attacks… Eddie Toorn…” All of the connections Taran was making seemed disconnected from reality, but Taran knew how all of it came together. “None of this is important. Something big is coming, sooner rather than later… and if we don’t make our move before it is too late, we might not have another chance like this. We need to hit The Empyrean Palace, and we need to do it tonight.”

He’d already made arrangements at the palace. The princess was out, and some patrols along the outskirts had been recalled. Taran had free reign over the palace, outside of having access to the King’s chambers… which is exactly where he was headed. For now, he would remain loyal to Raakshdos for appearance's sake, but if he wanted to have any hope of bringing back Xena… and The Harbingers, he would need to figure out exactly what Raakshdos had planned.

@Isla

"Wait a second," Minerva's voice grew stern. She didn't like how he dodging her questions, telling her they weren't important. Truth be told, Minerva was growing more weary and fearful of how Taran was acting. It was like he wasn't himself. "Tell me why you're talking about Cryker and the void born like that. You weren't around when they were here, Taran. I haven't told you anything about them. And for gods sake, what the hell does Eddie Toorn have to do with all of this?"

@Meliodas

Private Meeting Hall
Having been alive for over a millennium, Taran knew his fair share and had not only saw but done things that would make a grown man’s toes curl. “You really think you are so safe down here? He is always watching your every move. Hell, he probably knows what you’re going to do before you even do it.” It was a hard concept to wrap your head around, but Raakshdos's influence had no bounds. “How do you think I know all of this? He told me! As for his interest, I never bother to ask, nor does he bother to tell. For the moment, I have no other choice but to obey…” Taran was playing a dangerous game, one that involved countless lives. Grandmaster Raakshdos was not a man to cross, but what choice was Taran left with?

“Have you ever heard of The Harbingers? Hundreds of years ago, they were an elite force… legend has it that they were unstoppable. If only that were the truth. One part of that myth you may not have heard is that they blindly carried out slaughter in the name of Lucifer. Their leader, the Sin of Wrath, was bloodthirsty and relentless. Foolishly, in a manner of speaking, he sold his soul to the devil…”

“The reason I know this is because I am the Sin of Wrath. Time… has made me see things clearer than ever. I made my mistakes, but I will not allow the world to suffer for them.” Walking towards Minerva, he cocked his head to the side after coming up behind her, his lips nearly brushing up against her ear as he spoke to her… his words soft considering he only needed to utter three.

Devon Ironsides - Entering the Meeting Hall with Dot

The doors to the meeting hall slammed open as Devon and Dot entered the Private Meeting Hall together. Devon taking note of Taran pulling away from Minerva's ear. Clearly they had just missed an exciting round of Minnie chewing him out. "Well would ya look who decided ta show up?! Taran feckin' Titan! Nice to see you remembered yer feckin' job." Devon said as he hopped up onto his chair. "So Minnie, what's our first order of business?"

@Meliodas @Isla @~Nemo~

~Dot Maras- Meeting Room~
Dot smiled as Devon spoke of Taran's prescence, tunring her gaze to the vampire and waving. "Hey, there love! It's nice to see you're still existing!" Dot skipped away from Devon's side and wrapped her arms around Minerva. "Ready for you to give the word. I can confirm the New Eden's a bit weakened from the earlier attack, if you even needed the confirmation anymore." Dot said to the tall woman.

Private Meeting Hall
It was unlike Taran to be sarcastic, so what came out of his mouth as a quip towards Devon was in a tone to be taken just as serious as ever. “Now, don’t be getting short with me… not that it would be a stretch.” Not even a smile broke his lips as he turned away, disregarding all their enquiries into his disappearance. He knew his place in the Underground, and knew everything he did had been the right course of action. It would be hard for any of them to see the bigger picture, so, even if he had to go up against the world, he would while knowing it was the right thing to do.

“Existence. Such a trivial thing.” Taran muttered in response to Dot, this time feigning a smile as he finally took a seat, his hands folded in his lap. There was a lot of work to be done, especially if he had any hope of…

“We can’t just storm into the palace. They may have reverted some forces away from the area, but I guarantee some of their best remain guarding the interior. I can call off some of the patrols from the inside, but stealth will be our ally… especially if I am to reach the King’s chambers. As the Princess’s protector, I must tread carefully to avoid putting my position at risk. There is a lot to be gained from my presence there… though, there are questions that demand an answer, and this is the only way…” Taran also didn't wish to see unnecessary bloodshed, though he knew the Warden's had taken control of The Empyrean Palace in their quiet attempt to consolidate their power.

Minerva couldn't act like she just hadn't heard something insubstantial. Impossible. She was about to open her mouth to reply when Dot and Devon entered the room. She quickly reverted her mood back and embraced Dot when she threw her arms around her. "Dot, Devon," she greeted them. She glanced over at Taran as he began to speak, then let go of Dot and sat down at the table as well. "Well, first things first, I want to get some other quick business out of the way. Dot. Your apprentice?"

@Meliodas @~Nemo~ @jrusso20

~Dot Maras-Meeting Room~
Dot nodded. "Arty and I had met the girl during the attack after she was thrown in my care by two others so I had brought her down here with her agreement to being my apprentice. She is asleep right now but the little doll is perfect for learning the practice as she knows alchemy. In my absence, she seemed to become acquainted with the some of the masters here. Beyond that, her training has yet to truly start." Dot responded to Minerva's question.
@Meliodas @jrusso20 @Isla

Devon Ironsides - Meeting Room

Devon scowled at Taran as he made the short joke, the man hardly ever spoke at all and now all of a sudden wants to take a crack at his height? What was this underground coming too? Listening in as Dot talked about Priscilla, Devon jumped in as she mentioned the girl becoming acquainted. "Aye, found the pup gettin' to know Dante, failin' obviously because it's feckin' Dante, and took her over to me office. Girl's got fire, Minnie, she also clings ta kindness so keepin' her loyal to us shouldn't be a problem."

He leaned forward, lacing his hands together. "On the subject of tha palace though, since you're conveniently unable to participate as heavily in this little coup of ours, who would ya think might be best fer this stealth mission Taran?" He made it no secret that he didn't trust the vampire. He always seemed to be hiding information behind is cold emotionless eyes, he needed to pry as much information as he could from Taran before they all ran into a fools trap.

@Meliodas @~Nemo~ @Isla

Minerva observed her comrades quietly. So, Priscilla wasn't causing any trouble so far, just becoming acquainted with the atmosphere. That was good to know. "Balthazar will lead us," Minerva interjected. "Taran, we don't care about your reputation. We care about getting things done around here. We'll sneak in around the back way to avoid getting caught and infiltrate the castle when they least expect it. I want to search the whole perimeter for anything that could be of use to us. The king's plans for New Eden, information on the wardens... Anything. If you're not sure whether or not it's useful information, take it. No second thoughts. We must be swift and quick as possible. Any suggestions?" She glanced around the room, expecting an answer from somebody.

@jrusso20 @~Nemo~

~Dot Maras- Meeting Room~
Dot jumped up a little, excited. "I have this airborne gas that could knock out people if need be. It would give a quick entrance and exit." She reached into her her pouch and pulled out some vials and small balls that resembled stone. "The vials can be used for a quick moment while the balls can be rolled to knock out anyone within a 5 mile radius."

She frowned up a bit. "How would we get in though....I know!" Dot cheered as she remembered her role above surface. "During the time I was helping out Raakshdos and Ryuna in the orphanage, some of the wardens who would send messages to the Grandmaster came to know me by face." She paused in thought. She had worked with them for several years so it could be easy to get in if they use her as a distraction in a way. "I know that they keep one or two gaurds at the back entrance at all times but with them knowing who I am,facewise, we could get in a lot easier. I walk up to them, lull them in, pop the vial and boom we're in."

Back