Ame Damnee Private Meeting Hall

Devon Ironsides - Meeting Hall

Devon couldn't help but give a legitimate smile at Dot's enthusiasm. The girl was just so damn cute when she got all excited like that. "Ye know I'm good at goin' in and out Minnie." He said winking his one eye, double entendre clearly intended. "Ye get me in there, I got all the time in the world to find what we need." He grinned, wanting to go on this mission not just because his time stopping ability would be perfect for this, but because he had another plan in mind. If Taran was more obsessed with his own reputation than the underground he swore an oath to, then Devon was going to ruin it, one way or another.

Minerva was pleased; especially with the fact that Taran had shut up after she silenced him a second time. She glanced around, clearly waiting for someone. "Hm, not here yet," she murmured to herself. Balthazar was supposed to be here already; She'd sent an apprentice out after him not long ago. "Well... beautiful plan, Dot. Perfect distraction..." She trailed off once more, hoping to see their new trainer. She wasn't even sure if Devon had met him yet, so this would be a good opportunity for Balthazar to show Devon he had what it took to be a trainer for the underlings, as well as meet him face to face.

~Dot Maras- Meeting Room~
Dot listened to Minerva with a amused smile. "Who's not here yet, Minnie?" she asked curiously, wondering if she was talking about Arty, though it could have been almost anyone that Minerva could have been referring to.

Devon Ironsides - Meeting room

Devon couldn't help but cock an eyebrow at Minerva's mumbling, clearly Dot shared his confusion as well. "Yeah, who else needs ta be here besides us?" He asked, the other masters were off taking care of private business so he had no idea who she was referring to.

Only then did Baltazar finally show up at the door. He was lead by the Apprentice to the meeting hall and thanked her quickly before diverting his attention to the people before him. " Good morning to all of you. Glad to see that you are all looking well. " he said as he took a seat and looked stern, ready for a long discussion. It was like he was already ready to take the lead. " Is everyone present?" he asked curiously as he scanned the room to try and recognize familiar faces.

Minerva felt relief wash over her. "Balthazar," she greeted, standing up and gesturing towards the newcomer. "Devon, Dot, everyone else, this is Balthazar Amon, the new trainer for those in the fighting pits." She nodded at Balthazar and sat down at the empty table. "Everyone that's going on the raid, yes. I'm glad you managed to make it. I'm eager to learn more about the layout, where guards are placed, and any more valuable information we might need to know in order for this raid to be successful."

~Dot Maras- Meeting Room~
Dot clapped at the entrance of someone new. This Balthazar was clearly the person Minerva was talking about. "Pleased to meet you, Balthazar." she smiled before adopting a serious expression as the talk of the raid began.

Devon regarded the newcomer with a critical eye. Nothing hostile, he always tried to measure up the people who would be working under him. He certainly looked the part of an impressive fighter, but Devon had seen his type before, the strong silent type, probably had a moral compass somewhere in there. They were the ones that fell the hardest. Still he'd keep these observations to himself for the moment.

"Well, he's got the look, I'll be the judge a whether he's got the skills or not." He said. "Name's Devon Ironsides, I'd shake yer hand but there's a table in the way. I'm Master of the Pit and yer new boss, follow me orders and we'll get along feckin' great. Clear?" He was stern but not overtly hostile in his speech, asserting that he was Baltazar's superior but ensuring him that Devon was willing to give him a fair chance. His attention quickly left his newest underling as Minerva began to speak again.

Baltazar greeted Dot with a head nod and then came Devon, the dwarf. Baltazar was never a fan of dwarves, he kind of saw them beneath him. They always spoke so loudly and they had courage, but God forbid they smelled. To be honest, Baltazar hadn't received orders in a very long time and it took him a while to proceed the fact that he wasn't the boss of himself anymore. It was perhaps the only downfall of taking up this role. He would have this dwarf act as his superior.

" I understood loud and clear, Devon. I hope to make the pit even more merciless with your help. " he attempted to joke emphasizing on hard work as he smiled to him.

" Anyways, " he said looking at Minerva straight in the eyes. He couldn't hide the fact that she intrigued him, a lot. " Shall I start by explaining the layout of the city and the castle? " he asked permission to the only one whom he truly regarded as a superior.

She found the exchange of greetings quite intriguing. Now that Devon and Balthazar were acquainted, they could get onto the good stuff. Minerva nodded in acknowledgment at his question. "Please do. I'm eager to hear what you have to say."

" Perfect. " Baltazar said as he looked at everyone.

" So, to begin. I am sure you all know the city is heavily guarded, but when we will strike... there will be fewer soldiers because of their expedition. That being said, the main areas to see a lack of this armed forces will be in the city. They will focus their guard around the castle where the royal family resides. " he explained. " I once took care of the castle guard and I know the weaknesses, the strengths and where everything is. The castle is connected with the river where they dump the sewage, " he explained.

" This is where we will enter from, " he explained as he looked at them. His hands were flat on the table and he looked at everyone in the eyes. He could see a bit of confusion and looked around. He saw a papyrus roll lay around and ink. He immediately took hold of it and placed it flat on the table. He made a bastard version of the castle and made some flowy figures.

" At dawn, there is mist all across the land. This will give us cover as we approach the city. We will plunge in the river that goes towards the castle... It will be cold, after all it is mountain-sourced. " he explained as he indicated arrows on the map.

" So, we will arrive from the back of the castle and into the sewers of the castle. Once there, there are multiple tunnels. I need the maps for those but we can arrange ourselves for that. I know the sewers somehow lead to the dungeons and the moment we are inside the castle, we already have half of the guards out of our way. " he explained looking at everyone to see if anyone is confused.

Minerva raised a brow at his... plan, so to speak. She thought she'd asked for the layout, not the plan. "Charming plan," she mused, "But I'm not going through the sewers to get to the back of the castle. Perhaps take some apprentices with you to cover that area?"

Devon Ironsides - Meeting hall

The arrogance of this new male who had entered their midst was clear as he proceeded to give every one of them instructions. It irritated Devon, he was nothing more than a lackey asked to give advice, and yet he seemed to believe that he was in charge of the whole operation. He tried to keep himself calm however and responded in his usual fashion.

"Listen 'ere lad. Ya might not be able ta tell from me sittin' at this 'ere table, but I'm a bit shorter than you lot. Don't really do the whole swimmin' business. So while you and those apprentices Minnie mentioned go up the back passage, I think I'll take me chances with Dottie and her sleepin' gas." He said as he gave a smile to the elf.

Baltazar looked at Minerva attentively. " It's the safest place. No guards and if there is, there is only one. Besides, it is not the actual sewers but simply the river that passes through the castle and eventually gets stuff dumped into it." He explained. He then looked at Devon and found his plan a bit absurd.

" The guards are posted at every entrance on land. The castle is above a cliff and there is only entrance through the five bridges branching out. Guards will be accross and there are eagle towers peering over the city. " he explained. " The mountain source that passes through the castle is the least guarded and it is behind. With the mist covering us, no chances of having any soldiers on top of the towers seeing us and alarming the rest of the army. " he explained normally.

" i doubt her sleeping mist will have an effect on the towers... " he explained.

"Well, my sleeping mist will do the job regardless." She said with a risen eyebrow. "And I oppose the sewers as well. I had offered and idea earlier before you came that could work just as easily. We can make alterations to it due to the knowledge Balthazar gave us but it would keep us away from the sewers." She offered with a sigh.

He raised an eyebrow at the human's need for secrecy. "Ya make it sound like we're tryin' ta avoid a fight. I think ya misunderstand what the purpose a this little raid is. We're expandin' beyond the underground, makin' our name as public as it can be. First step in that is sackin' the royal palace. We want everyone in the city ta know that the underground's takin' over and their ain't a damn Warden who can stop us." Devon leaned back in his chair, pride evident on his face. "Might wanna adjust yer little plan around that purpose, lad."

Minerva felt taken aback when Balthazar immediately shot down the suggestion for Dot's sleeping gas. He was new and Dot had been a master for over one hundred years. "Passing judgement already, are we? Dot has been with us for over one hundred years and you have the audacity to assume it won't work?" There was a warning in her voice. "I'd watch what you say, Balthazar. I don't appreciate you harping down on my friend and questioning her skill when you haven't even seen the things she can create. Moving on." Minerva didn't wait for any apologies nor did she wish to hear any right now. She simply wanted to finish constructing a plan as soon as possible. "We don't care about the main entrance. We want to get in by any means necessary and then have Dot knock out the guards. This could be the windows, a garden if they have one, anything. Please note that we're not trying to avoid bloodshed. If blood spills, so be it. It's quick, easy, efficient. Is the mountain source and river really the only way in? We don't have any boats. Tell us about the bridges."

" Must I say... I'm a bit disappointed because expansion does not me recklessness. I see that you guys are fond of the bombs and I sure they are wonderful. Only, the effect I was hoping for... was to give them fear. Make them know of our presence but never see us. Make them shrivel in their little pants and without them ever having a chance to identify us. Make the whole city know of our name, without being able to contact us unless we decide so. " Baltazar had a small smirk on his lips as he continued.

" I do not care about their blood, must I precise. It's not like my plan didn't involve killing. It avoided our blood mostly, " he said simply but he just sat back down. " Anyways, if your gas bomb can reach as high as the tower, tha stand well above the castle peek, then I will be immensely surprised and not because I doubt your skills, Dot. Not at all. I've just never heard of any sort of technology that sophisticated and precise... And by involving gas bombs, I'd assume we have some form of immunity to it. " he added.

{BLUES NOTE: Gas mask only existed in late WW1 so I'd assume... they do not exist in this middle age world yet)

" As for the bridges, they are 2 miles long and pretty wide. About twenty soldiers line horizontally can walk simultaneously. There are five of them, a soldier stationed every 10 meters in length making a grant total of 250 soldiers guarding each bridge. In grand total, 1250 just in the outside of the bridge. Once inside, you can double that total. About 2500 soldiers guarding that castle. That was, at least, the stats last year. I've heard they've tightened the security since the jewel was stolen." he said doing a quick math.

" They have a system of light where the moment an enemy appears, a signal is released, they will trigger each station and alert the whole city of the attack. on that moment, allies will come descending in as well, " he explained as he looked at them. He kind of regretted joining now that he saw how disorganized they were. But he was wondering if perhaps, he was missing something.

" But I would like to hear the initial plan since... mine does not seem to be convenient for anyone because I mentioned... sewers. " he said. In reality, it was just a river used for the sewerage. But they never let him finish and jumped to conclusion, he never got to explain what he concocted in his head long before he joined the underground.

Dot Maras- Meeting Room
Dot smiled at Baltazar's words. "Well, the initial idea was to use me as a distraction to get through the entrance but with the knowledge of the bridges that may have to change." She frowned as she thought, going silent for a long time. With a snap of her fingers, she smiled as an idea formed in her brain. "I got it. I will need Devon and Taran for this though since the numbers did grow." Turning her pale gaze towards Minerva, then Baltazar. "I could arm you guys with some of the vials and bombs for this plan. So Taran, Devon and I walk over the bridge under the guise to talk to one of the Wardens about the orphanage from the recent attack and what to do with the children. Taran is well known due to his reputation and my face is known due to working close with the Grandmaster and Ryuna in the orphange." She said, repeating her earlier statement for Baltazar.

She paused for a minute. "Once we pass through and reached the end of the bridge, Minerva and Baltazar can run through dropping the bombs and vials, knocking them out while Devon and I cover the end of the bridge, knocking out and killing the guards as we go. Sort of meeting in the middle.Sadly, I don't have the ability to reach the peaks so we would have to be quick about it and get inside as soon as possible." She said, though time had never been an issue for the Underground. There had been many a missions where the time frame would be tight and they had completed them in the end. This, while on a huge scale, would be no different. "As for immunity, I'm more than certain that Devon and Minerva are immune to these bombs due to my almost overuse of them. As for you Baltazar, I'll let you use my mask. My friend above ground made it himself and while I don't know how he did it, it will keep you from being affected by the gas or any poisons of my that may be released."

The number of guards that Balthazar was anticipating was far more than the number Taran had made them think there would be. Devon's eye shot wide and cast a suspicious glance at Taran. The gritting of the vampire's teeth confirmed Devon's worst suspicions. Taran was lying to the underground. The disloyal bastard would have to be taken care of. But not now, he began thinking up ways for Taran to suffer an "accident" during the mission. He needed to get out of this meeting and set preparations up.

"I'm for Dottie's plan, simple, effective, and leaves plenty of flex room in case things turn inta a shitestorm. As fer you lad, ya best learn not ta backtalk yer superiors. Ya don't like the way we do things, ya shouldn't a joined. Now ta get this meetin' back on track, Minnie, what exactly is tha end game once we get inside? Anythin' specific yer looking to take from them royals, or do ya just want us ta feck up their day?"

Back