Problems with Books/Shows/Video Games, etc.

Lady Spriggan

My first thread apart from my introduction thread. The basic premise behind this thread is this: complain about things that have always bothered you about the fandom you belong to(plot holes, characterization etc.) I didn't know how to word it in the title.
So, I'll start.

1) I love George R.R. Martin to death but I don't like how his deal with magic genetics. Generation after generation of families shouldn't all have the same colour of hair and eyes. Like I understand he was trying to make a point but like genetics is way more complicated then that.

2)
Also, another Song of Ice and Fire one. What even is math in Westeros??? I'm referring to Jon Snow's parentage by the way(yes I do know who his parents are)....book verse not show verse. Like I find it suspicious that literally NO ONE decided to question Ned's story to Jon being his son. Like Brandon gets murdered by Aerys right and then Ned goes in his place to marry Catelyn. According to Catelyn he stays a fortnight with her(which is two weeks by the way) and then is gone for like a year? Robb is conceived during this time. Robb and Jon are supposed to be the same age. Which means Jon would already have have to been conceived or conceived at least within the next 3 months. And during those 3 months Ned was apparently leading a lot of battles for Robert because Robert seems to have gotten injured a lot. How does it make sense that Jon is his then? Like I know the Ned/Ashara rumours....but wasn't Ned in Dorne near the very end of the war? Which doesn't work out timeline wise. I find it just too strange in terms of plot that no one ever asked Ned if Jon could possibly be Lyanna's. You know the one who was kidnapped by the prince for the entire war and could have possibly have conceived a child by him. Okay, that turned more into a rant. Rant over now.

I'm a bit late but nobody's replied to this, so why not.

First of all, the entire premise of Tokyo Mew Mew. How in the actual heck do you manage to inject animal DNA into humans and give them the ability to spontaneously and REVERSIBLY transform into humanoid forms with animal features that should in no way be possible to attach to a human. That's not how biology works, AT ALL. Especially the fact that it's reversible.

Second, not really a plot hole but worth complaining about, is the issue of Crona's gender in Soul Eater. They do not have a specified gender, they are nonbinary. BUT in the manga they're referred to with female pronouns, and in the anime male pronouns are used, as well as calling them somebody's "son". It's not that hard to call them "they", people. And if you're going to use gendered pronouns, use the same ones or use them interchangeably.

So probably none of you are going to know what I'm talking about, but here it goes.

I hated the way that the Inheritance Cycle ended. Eragon went through so much, and in the end it seems like he's not that far off from becoming another Galbatorix. You would think after defeating the world's most evil man by showing him the pain he caused and driving him mad, he himself would have learned humility.

I've heard there has been a new book out. I haven't read it. I prefer my headcanon where Eragon and Arya get married and spend the rest of their lives rebuilding the Riders. And Nasuada... She needs a man.

We need a remake of Eragon. The movie was absolute crap, and I think that's why the author intentionally ruined the ending, out of frustration. It needs to be an anime if they can't get a movie right.

Back