Pokemon: Journeys of Anteceon Professor Dogwood’s Lab (All Trainers Must Start Their Journey Here)

Iamtheecchiking

Conquering New Realms 1 pair of Oppai at a time
Julia.jpg

Hello, and welcome to my laboratory! I’m professor Dogwood. You must be a new trainer, here for your starter Pokemon. You pick any 1 Pokemon from the list below. That Pokemon will start at level 5. You may also select 4 Moves for that Pokemon.

New Pokemon will be entered into the Pokedex once someone encounters it. You may find new Pokemon every time you open it, that means that someone has encountered that Pokemon. Once you have selected your Pokemon, please see me and I will give you your new Pokedex!

2r6ebfr.jpg

Just copy and paste this code with the appropriate information below, then you can approach Professor Dogwood for your Pokedex. Don't forget to also post this information in your characters thread so we can keep track of which trainers have which Pokemon.

If you are unsure of what moves a Pokemon is capable of, use Bulbapedia. Find your Pokemon on the list, then click on it. Scroll down and you will find all the moves your Pokemon is capable of.

Code:
[b]Starter Pokemon:[/b] (Type Pokemon Here)

[b]4 Starter Pokemon Moves:[/b] (Type moves here. Separate moves with a /.)

Last edited:
Cedar whistled tunelessly as he worked at tidying up the lab. He hated to have a cluttered workspace. Dis and Charge were helping to dust the higher, more out of the reach places. The Minion and Plusle always just ended up covered in dust but they had so much fun chasing eachother around he didn’t mind having to give them baths. Champ was carrying boxes of equipment and new Pokedexes back and forth above his head. It amazed Cedar sometimes how tiny Pancham was able to balance boxes so much bigger than he was above his head. Guin the Empoleon helped Champ, carrying the ones that were even too big for him. PinkiePie, a sylveon, sat protectively on top of the cabinet that held the pokeballs they had just received that morning. The starter pokemon. The most beloved pokemon from every region. And now that they had more, Professor Dogwood’s lab was once again ready to let people start their journey through the pokemon world! And in true Delcatty fashion, Bubbles was asleep in the window, the sun warming her fur.

The professor himself smiled at all the new trainers coming through, ready to retrieve their chosen starter from the cabinet or answer any questions the aspiring trainers had about any of the starters.

Anthony entered the lab rather hesitantly. He was rather nervous entering the lab. The cluttered building made him look down at the ground the entire time he walked. He was deep in thought about what he wanted to be his first pokemon, preferably something form either Hoenn or Unova, as he was familiar with the starters there. His absent thinking caused him some strife as he tripped on a loose tile, falling down halfway before catching the table to keep him from face-planting on the floor. The teen picked himself up, and in his embarrassment he quickly grabbed a pokeball at random from the cabinet and ran out of the building.

Starter Pokemon: Rowlet

Starter Pokemon Moves: Leafage/Roost/Confuse Ray/Peck

He ran and hid at the left side of the building, hoping no one was too angry at what he did. He calmed down for a moment before realizing what he had in his hand. A pokeball of one of the starters he came to get. Realizing what he had done Anthony mentally berated himself before sending out the pokemon, a small green owl pokemon, one of which he had no idea what it was. He knelt down to look at the Rowlet's eyes and the pokemon just tilts its head before jumping up to nuzzle his leg. Anthony couldn't help but smile at the pokemon's affection and he picked it up gently in his hands.

"Ok little buddy, I have no idea what you are, but....I think you're some kind of owl pokemon? Some kind of...tiny green Noctowl?" He thought about going back inside but his thoughts only went back to his embarrassment. "Hey...want to go home? Maybe mom knows what you are." The Green Owl chirped in joy and Anthony gave his pokemon a large smile and a small chuckle before quickly running away from the lab.

Last edited:
Silas Archibold, as played by Meliodas

It had been an eventful morning as Silas made his way into town, his gray eyes flashing ambitiously towards the sky, full of determination. There was a spring in his step as he rather rushed towards the lab. Just this morning, he had snuck out after doing his best to wear something to blend in. Over the last few weeks, he had collected one article of clothing or another in order to appear as a simpleton – which he was not. With a baseball cap, a designer tee with a bright yellow Pikachu on the front, and jeans, he looked ordinary unlike he normally did in his usual upper-class threads.

His parents had sheltered him his whole life, so today was the day he would get his first Pokémon and begin his journey - ignoring the fact that in order to accomplish this, he had to run away from home. Scores of trainers were bound to follow in his path, so it was simply a matter of Silas slipping in and going unnoticed in the flood of children that came to start their journey.

Starter Pokemon: Squirtle
4 Starter Pokemon Moves: Water Gun / Bite / Rapid Spin / Protect

Silas had done his research and was convinced the Pokémon he chose was the way to go. Who wouldn’t give for a Blastoise one day that would be equipped with a cannon? The Pokémon seemed almost skittish at first as he approached it, pulling out a berry from his pocket and holding it out for them. As it approached him, the Squirtle ripped the berry out of his hand before taking a few cautious steps back.

Lunari was accompanied by her Papa and Rem to go pick out her first pokemon at the Professor's Lab. She wanted to come here alone but her father insisted on coming with her to see her start her very own journey. Lunari felt annoyed but at the same time happy that her Papa and Rem came with her as it could have been a long time before she would see them again. They had finally gotten to the lab and Lunari was surprised to see how many kids of her age were here to pick up their pokemon and it made her slightly nervous as she had wanted the cutest pokemon out of all the starters and she hoped there will still be a pokemon for her to choose from.

Her Papa and Rem stayed close to her while they were in a line but Lunari was starting to grow impatient as she saw other kids grabbing their pokemon. The professor smiled at the kids and then looked over towards Lunari and her family. She smiled back as first impressions meant everything but it was hard to maintain that as some kid was trying to cut her in line. "It's not nice to push a lady!" she said in a grumpy voice towards him but it fell on deaf ears apparently. Finally it was her turn to pick out a pokemon and she looked at all the pokeballs... each one had a name written on it but that did not help explain to her which one was the cutest and so she tried to determined which one to pick.. As she was reading she came acrossed a name that seemed cute and decided to go with that. She held the pokeball with excitement and went back outside to see who her pokemon was and she was followed by her family.

Lunari tossed the pokeball and a bright light came out of the ball revealing the fiery timid pokemon Cyndaquil!

Starter Pokemon: Cyndaquil

4 Starter Pokemon Moves: Flame Wheel/ Double Kick/ SmokeScreen/ Quick-Attack

Cyndaquil tilted his head slightly looking at Lunari with what seemed like a puzzled look before a sound escaped its mouth that sounded like it was saying its own name. Lunari looked at her new pokemon and was happy! The little pokemon was so cute and had a stylish flare to him and she reached out to hold him while exclaiming how cute he was. "Your so cute~ I need to give you a cute nickname! Would you like that?" she stopped to think of a name while still holding the Cyndaquil which seemed surprised at first but seemed to like being held. "How about Ace since you will be an Ace partner to have?" she said happily while holding him out to get a look at him. Cyndaquil squealed out happily as it seemed to like that name. Lunari's Papa put his hand on her shoulder and smiled at her when she looked up at him. "I think that is a lovely name for him honey." Rem seemed to agree and nodded at her.

"Now I can go on my journey like you promised right Papa?" Lunari said filled with excitement. Her Papa laughed at her excitement and then told her she still needed to get her pokedex before she could start her journey and Lunari was a little bummed out but her Papa took her hand and led her back into the lab and cyndaquil followed behind Lunari quietly. Lunari then spotted the professor and tried to get the professor's attention.

Cedar watched the first kid to come in with a bit of concern. He looked out of it, just staring at the floor, but his smile never wavered, even when the new trainer tripped and caught himself on a table.

“Oh! Sorry! I’ve been meaning to get that fixed for a while now.” Said Cedar, cringing slightly. He held out his hand to shake. “I’m Professor Cedar and you are….” But the kid was already gone and out the door. “Nice to meet you too…” Cedar said, almost sadly watching the swinging door before turning to the next boy who was playing with a squirtle.

“Nice choice! I also got a water starter.” He said, kneeling down to examine the turtle pokemon with the boy.

“Sivvv!” yelled PinkiePie, leaping from the top of the cabinet, only noticing something was wrong after a girl had chosen a pokeball from the case. He raced out the front door, his ribbons waving frantically.

“What’s wrong with you!?” Said Cedar, standing up and racing after the sylveon. He saw the fairy type pause on the path just ahead of him before darting to the left side of the building.

“Pinkie!” Cedar yelled, rounding the corner just in time to see PinkiePie jump onto the crouched kid. The sylveon growled into the kid’s face, hackles back and fur raised.

Cedar was stunned, this was so unlike PinkiePie! He fumbled in his pokemon for a moment, reaching for his crystal until he caught sight of the rowlett, one of the rowletts that had just come from the Alola region, and everything made sense.

“You’re a thief!” Cedar said, suddenly angry and defensive. He moved closer to the rowlett, bending down to pick up the little owl protectively, never taking his eyes off the boy. “Don’t move or he’ll bite your face off.”

Anthony sweated beads, while making sure not to make eye contact with the Sylveon. A man arrived at the scene soon after, and he thought he heard the man say something but his hearing was overridden by the sound of his heart. When the man went over and picked up the Rowlett, Anthony knew for sure that this man was a thief, after a new trainer's pokemon, but he couldn't do anything. he froze as dozens of thoughts rushed through his head. 'What if tried to do something?' 'Would I be able to live with myself if I did nothing?' 'How serious is this man to have attacked me in such a manner?' His worried eyes met his Rowlett's and the bird pokemon sprung into action, as the man wasn't paying enough attention to the Pokemon. The Rowlett easy wriggled out of the man's hands and it flew in to save its master, using Leafage, the Rowlett pelted the Sylveon with a flurry of leaves, knocking the Sylveon of its master before landing in front of its master, ready to battle. Anthony was stunned. This pokemon just saved him, and that act filled him with determination as he readjusted his hat and stood up.

"Ok buddy, if you're willing to fight then so am I! Use..." Anthony shouted out but stopped midway, as he just realized that he didn't know what attacks his pokemon was capable of. "-Peck!" He shouted out the first flying type move that came to his head and as luck would have it, the Rowlett jumped up into the air and flew down towards the Sylveon in order to begin repeatedly peaking at the enemy Pokemon.

Cedar looked surprised when the rowlett wiggled out of his arms, kicking up a storm of glowing green leaves. PinkiePie was knocked off the boy and rolled away into his feet. He growled at the rowlett and the trainer, more annoyed than hurt by the move.

“Hey, hey!” Yelled Cedar, as rowlett used peck against PinkiePie. “No, I don't want to fight! Pinkie! Stand down!” Said the professor holding out his hand to stop the sylveon, not that he would have attacked again.

“Look, I just need to talk to you. You’ve just stolen from the lab and unless you have a very good explanation, I'm calling Officer Jenny.

Last edited:
Anthony thought about it for a moment, and began to parley with the man.

"I didn't steal the pokemon. I...walked in and I tripped...and I guess I got scared so I just....didn't think and took a pokeball and just...ran out before anyone else can hate me for it I guess...but I didn't steal anything!"

The professor sighed in relief, his posture immediately becoming more relaxed.

"No one is going to hate you for tripping. We were just concerned about the health of the pokemon!" He said, beginning to smile. "You gave Pinkie here quite the scare." The sylveon was still pacing back and forth behind his trainer warily. "He's never been very chill. Anyway! If you intend to be a trainer, my associate Professor Dogwood has a few things to tell you, and you've got to get your pokedex! Wouldn't want you to forget now would we?" Said Cedar smiling and turning to walk towards the door. He glanced behind him to make sure the kid was coming.

"Uh yeah sure..." Replied Anthony and he turned his attention to the starter, picking it up gently in his hands before following back into the lab. He avoided coming to close to the Sylveon that attacked him as he walked in, and like before, lost in his thoughts, he bumped into a blond girl with a Cyndaquil following closely behind her. Anthony reeled back a bit, but this time he had a slightly easier time keeping his calm and manged to get some words out of his mouth.

"Oh uh....I'm...sorry about that." He said trying to avoid eye contact with the girl.

Julia.jpg

Professor Dogwood

Hearing the commotion in the lab area, she realized that some trainers were already here. She quickly stood up from her chair and left her office, walking into the lab area.

"Hello, everyone! I'm professor Dogwood! I welcome you to my lab and congratulate you on choosing your starter Pokemon! Now I have a few things to tell you all. First of all, is that you cannot keep the Pokeballs that were with the starter Pokemon. Those are experimental, and we only have so many. Normal Pokeballs don't work on the Pokemon here in this region for reason very scientific that I won't get into. Instead, I have come up with a way to house your Pokemon."

The professor walked over to a shelf and grabbed a container. She pulled out 6 crystals and handed them to Silas. Then repeated the motion for Lunari, giving her 6 as well. She kept one for herself.

"These crystals will take the place of poke ball. To catch a Pokemon in it, just say the Pokemon's name and then return. Like So."

The Professor held the crystal out toward a Charmander and said, "Charmander, return!" All of a sudden the Charmander was engulfed in a bright light and then shrunk as it wall pulled into the crystal. The professor held out the crystal again and said, "Charmander, I choose you!" Then Charmander appeared and looked at the Professor before running over to her. She Gave the Charmander a pat on its head.

"Now. These crystals are available at any Pokemon centers for free, for registered trainers. When catching would Pokemon's, you can't just point the crystal at them and expect to catch them. You must first bond with them. For stronger Pokemon, that may be battling. For weaker Pokemon, that may be something as simple as giving them a berry. When you bond with a Pokemon, it will become encased in a white light, much like they do when being caught in the crystal. At that point, you can then hold the crystal up to it and capture it in the crystal. If you are not bonded with it and try to capture it in the crystal, simply, nothing will happen. You will just look like a fool holding a crystal towards a Pokemon while saying its name."

Then the professor walked over to a desk with a computer. She opened a drawer and grabbed two new state of the art Pokedexs. She plugged one, then the other into the computer and a picture of both the new trainers showed up on the screen. She then unplugged then and walked over handing them to Silas and Lunari.

"Here is your Pokedexs. You are now registered for the Anteceon league. The Pokedexs will give you any information on Pokemon discovered in this region. If you can't find it in the Pokedexs, it hasn't been found yet. It also contains navigation through the routes and cities to find the gyms. I think that just about covers everything. Now, what are your names and do you have any questions for me?"

@GoddessLuna @Meliodas

Anthony and his rowlett watched as the two got their crystals and pokedexes, but when he didn't received his he was rather confused. Maybe the woman was angry at him for just running out with a pokemon? Or maybe he just made that little of an impression within the group. Still he came here for a reason and nervously raised his hand.

"E-Excuse me ma'me? Am I supposed to get some crystals and a pokedex as well or no..."

Timothy ran inside the lab building running late. When he was inside he looked around for the Professor. He saw Dogwood walked over to her, but before he could reach her he tripped over himself. He was always this luck-less. The next second he found himself face down on the floor.

"Sorry to interrupt but am I to late for a pokemon?" he asked looking up his face covered in blood. He got up and touched his face wondering how bad his nosebleed was. He looked at his hand and it had a lot of blood on his fingers.

"And a couple of napkins with that?"

Everything about her was quiet. From the quiet was she closed the door behind her to the near silent footsteps on the tile floor. Audrey stood quietly at the back of the crowd, waiting for the kid with blood gushing out his nose. She made a sign with her hands and the chatot on her shoulder said, “Hi, I'm here for my pokedex.” The note bird Pokémon fluttered his wings slightly, his head cocked to the side, one eye watching the people in the Lab.

Julia.jpg

Professor Dogwood

"Of course you will, young man. I didn't notice you come in. I'm not mad, just be more careful next time. No, no one is too late to choose a starter. Go ahead and make your pick."

"Hello, everyone! I'm professor Dogwood! I welcome you to my lab and congratulate you on choosing your starter Pokemon! Now I have a few things to tell you all. First of all, is that you cannot keep the Pokeballs that were with the starter Pokemon. Those are experimental, and we only have so many. Normal Pokeballs don't work on the Pokemon here in this region for reason very scientific that I won't get into. Instead, I have come up with a way to house your Pokemon. If you have already heard the spiel, then please wait patiently, and here. Take care of that nose." Dogwood handed a tissue to the young lad whose nose was a spicket.

The professor walked over to a shelf and grabbed a container. She pulled out 6 crystals and handed them to Timothy. Then repeated the motion for Audrey and Anthony. She kept one for herself.

"These crystals will take the place of poke ball. To catch a Pokemon in it, just say the Pokemon's name and then return. Like So."

The Professor held the crystal out toward a Charmander and said, "Charmander, return!" All of a sudden the Charmander was engulfed in a bright light and then shrunk as it wall pulled into the crystal. The professor held out the crystal again and said, "Charmander, I choose you!" Then Charmander appeared and looked at the Professor before running over to her. She Gave the Charmander a pat on its head.

"Now. These crystals are available at any Pokemon centers for free, for registered trainers. When catching would Pokemon's, you can't just point the crystal at them and expect to catch them. You must first bond with them. For stronger Pokemon, that may be battling. For weaker Pokemon, that may be something as simple as giving them a berry. When you bond with a Pokemon, it will become encased in a white light, much like they do when being caught in the crystal. At that point, you can then hold the crystal up to it and capture it in the crystal. If you are not bonded with it and try to capture it in the crystal, simply, nothing will happen. You will just look like a fool holding a crystal towards a Pokemon while saying its name."

Then the professor walked over to a desk with a computer. She opened a drawer and grabbed two new state of the art Pokedexs. She plugged one, then the other into the computer and a picture of both the new trainers showed up on the screen. She then unplugged then and walked over handing them to Anthony, Timothy, and Audrey.

"Here is your Pokedexs. You are now registered for the Anteceon league. The Pokedexs will give you any information on Pokemon discovered in this region. If you can't find it in the Pokedexs, it hasn't been found yet. It also contains navigation through the routes and cities to find the gyms. I think that just about covers everything. Now, what are your names and do you have any questions for me?"

@ChelonianCommander @Birdee10 @Oscar

"It's uh...Anthony Dunn madam er ma'me. Thanks for everything...that's going to be all right?" Asks Anthony as he takes the crystals and pokedex from the professor.

Professor Cedar
~***~
Cedar grabbed a fist full of paper towls from the despencer above the sink. "Here you go young man." He said, holding them out to Timothy. "Do you want some ice?" He asked, looking concerned and making a mental note to himself to put padding on the floor. Apparently it was downright deadly.
~***~

Audrey
~***~
"My name is Audrey. And this is Charley." Said the Chatot at the prompting of another hand gesture. "Thank you for everything." The 'Dex and the Crystals had already been stashed in her pocket to free up her hands.

Starter Pokemon: Chatot

4 Starter Pokemon Moves: Chatter/hypervoice/peck/taunt

Last edited:
Anthony put the crystals in his pocket and toyed around with his new pokedex for a bit, pressing random buttons until the dex finally turned on. Glad that he didn't break the thing, Anthony played with played around with the menu, changing around settings and such, before he finally got to the pokemon list and sees there's only 22 pokemon registered, the starters and Audrey's chatot. He scrolls down until he found the his pokemon's index. "Huh...So you're a Rowlett huh?" He looked at his Rowlett and the pokemon chirp joyfully. "So I think we're done here buddy. Want to go meet mom before we head out?" Rowlett flap its wing and chirped in excitement at the thought. "You seem rather excited. Makes sense I suppose." Anthony addresses the professor one last time. "Again, thanks of everything."

He turns around and began to exit the lab, however when his Rowlett saw the Chatot, it ruffles its feathers and greeted the fellow bird pokemon with a series of chirps and hoots. Anthony looked down at his Rowlett's scene and covers the pokemon's mouth before addressing the Chatot's owner. "Heh I'm sorry, I guess it likes your pokemon." He smiles awkwardly.

The smallest of smiles could just be seen over the top of her scarf, having to wait to reply until Charley was done bobbing and chirping back at the rowlet, mimicking the owl pokemon's hoots back at it. Audrey whistled, calling Charley's attention back to her. She would have to say sorry later, but she was trying to hold a conversation! She couldn't have him chirping at every starly they came across! Besides, she had to make friends at some point, why not start with him. The Chatot looked at her, fluttering his wings slightly embarrassed, slightly indignant.
"Sorry! Sorry! Please proceed!" He said and Audrey nodded then began to sign.
"No worries. Charley likes him too!" Charley interpreted. "Hi, I'm Audrey.". The girl with a pokemon's voice held out her hand to shake even before Charley had finished talking.

Back