Pokemon: Journeys of Anteceon Professor Dogwood’s Lab (All Trainers Must Start Their Journey Here)

Anthony looks at the girl's hand and looks at that the girl and while he hesitates, he shakes the girl's hand.

"So uh...I'm Anthony. And um...I assume you're Audrey...well of course you are, your Pokemon said it...so I yeah...I'm Anthony, I mean I just said that but uh...oh dear. I'm sorry I..don't really have that much experience talking to other kids around my age. Um....So uh....how are you?" Anthony kept his awkward smile as he shook Audrey's hand. His heart pounded as the room became rather quiet, at least to him, and he realized that ten solid seconds had already gone by since he had taken her hand. When he realized he pulled away. "Oh uh sorry about that. I'm...just going to be going...now before I embarrass myself some more, I mean I don't want to I...I'll just leave you alone..."

Audrey wanted to say something, but at the same time didn't want to pull her hand away and be rude. She blushed ever so slightly behind the scarf. Then when he let go and started to leave, she frowned.
"Wait." Said Charley, Audrey hurrying to follow behind. "I really don't mind." She smiled a little under her scarf. "I don't talk to other kids much either." The note pokemon said at Audrey's prompting. Her reasons were probably much more obvious.

"Oh that's...I'm sorry?" Anthony said. "I'm sorry that you don't talk to other people..like um...let's get back on the right foot. My name is Anthony Dunn, and you are?" He asks. This was probably the first conversation Anthony had with another teenager ever since he came to the region. "So umm....got any plans now that you have a pokedex? Do you have a goal in mind? I-I don't want to pry if you don't I just think it might be a good ice breaker to talk about our uh...goals and such. I mean I just came to this region about a week ago and I don't really know how things work here and uh...I'm rambling so I'll just shut up now."

Audrey grinned, signing again, not offering her hand to shake this time though.
"I'm Audrey Pettibone, nice to meet you!" Said Charley. "And this is Charley." Audrey gestured to the chatot when he said it. He bobbed up and down, his way of shaking hands. "Welcome to Anteceon then! I was born and raised right here in Cloudberry city. Maybe I'll show you around sometime. I don't really have any goals, I just want to be a trainer like the other kids." Charley said, pausing every now and then to pick at a wing feather. He was either dirty or board and seeing as Audrey had just cleaned him before they left she assumed it was the second option. "How about you?" Charley asked.

"I mean..." Anthony gave the question a good thought but after a few seconds he couldn't think of anything, at least anything at the moment. "I...don't really know." He gave the question a few more seconds and eventually he did manage to cobble up a semi-decent reason. "I guess because where I come from kids my age already had teams and friends of their own. Don't want to get left behind right?" He chuckled. "Hey if you don't mind, I'm going to head off to my apartment to pick up some stuff. Do you...want to come meet my mom, if...you know, that doesn't sound creepy?" Anthony looked down at the floor and tilted his hat down to hide his blushing face from Audrey. The question seemed like a good gesture in his head, but to Anthony the question seems more creepy to invite a girl he just met then friendly.

Audrey smiled and shook her head happily. She had never been asked to meet someone else's mom before. She didn't know what she was going to say, and was probably going to be totally awkward, but it would be fine. This was part of making friends!
"I would love too!" Said Charley, "Please, lead the way."

"Oh thats....wait you- you do? Uh yeah sure it's just a a few minutes away." Anthony couldn't believe it! He didn't think Audrey was going to stay but here they were, going to see his mom. The day had been going alright so far, despite the rocky beginning. A couple minutes later the two reached a rather large apartment complex and a few stories up, the reached Anthony's apartment. He knocked on the door and his mother, Charlie, opens up the door with a apathetic frown, but she perks up when she saw that it was her son.

"Oh Anthony, glad to see you back so early!" Said Charle as she unlocks and opens up the door. Anthony walks in as Charle examines her son and his new pokemon. Now who's this little cutie?" She asks, giving the Rowlett a pet. Rowlett closed its eyes and cooed as it enjoyed the soft petting.

"This is my new friend...Rowlett" Anthony answered

"Is that so? You didn't give it a name?" She asks

"I didn't know if it was a male or female so I didn't want to assume..."

"You got a pokedex at the lab right? Why don't you just look that up?"

"That..huh." Anythony didn't think of that before and he pulls out his pokedex and fiddles around with it some more. Charlie just smiled and stops petting the Rowlett.

"Now you must be tired. Just come on in. I'll have have Forge heat up a cup of tea for you."

"Uh yeah thanks mom. Oh and I forgot to mention, this is my friend Audrey." Anthony gestures to his freckled friend and Charlie looked behind Anthony to see Audrey standing in the doorway with her Chatot.

"Well this is a lovely surprise. I didn't think you would bring home a girl so soon. Perhaps coming here was a good idea after all." Anthony blushed and shoved his mom a bit without saying anything and Charlie chuckled. "Ok I'll stop teasing my big strong man." Charlie pinched Anthony's cheek. "Why don't you come in. I'll heat up some tea for you as well."

"I'm Timothy and thank you for the crystals and the paper towels. I don't need ice. The pain doesn't really exist to me at this point." Tim said grabbing the 6 crystals. He stuffed them in his pocket and proceeded to grab the paper towel and wipe his face and hands off from the blood then walked over to the trash can dropping the wet paper towel in it. He walked back to the professor and took the last pokedex that was there then he walked over to the pokeballs and chose one of them at random. He opened the ball and out came a Litten.

"I'm going to call you Tom."

Starter Pokemon: Litten

4 Starter Pokemon Moves: Ember/Growl/Scratch/Lick

Audrey waved and Charley said "Hello! Hello!" bobbing up and down in his customary greeting. Once again Audrey was very thankful for the scarf hiding most of her face and the blush that crept up her cheeks at the woman's words. "Thanks. I would love some tea." Said Charley, Audrey walking farther into the apartment. She wasn't sure if she should sit or stand or if she should offer to help with the tea. She ended up perched at the very front of a chair, so far forward that she might as well have been sitting on air. Audrey dug around in her bag for a moment and pulled out a block case. The chatot perked up upon seeing it. Audrey smiled and handed him a pokeblock. Charley carefully took it from her in one claw and nibbled on it, his head bent low.
"Thank you! Thank you very much!"

Charlie leads the group into a brightly decorated kitchen, where a Torkoal lazily relaxes on a bed made of cobblestone. Anthony sets down the Rowlet and takes a seat at the table before fiddling with his pokedex. Charlie fills up a metal kettle with some water along with some chopped berries and set the pot on the Torkoal's back. The Torkoal takes a deep breath and sighs as hot steam began to heat up the kettle.

"Well you're working rather hard aren't you Forge?" Teased charlie, giving the Torkoal a nice pet. She then takes a seat next to her son. "So any luck?"

"I think...I got it!" Said Anthony as his team menu pops up. He checks his Rowlett's status and after some quick examinations he finds that his new friend was a female. "Looks like your a female little buddy." He said. The Rowlett didn't really pay attention as it had gone to nuzzle the Torkoal due to the pokemon's warm body. Charlie turns to Audrey.

"So Ms. Audrey, I don't think we were properly introduced. I'm Anthony's mother Ms. Bech. Now you."

Audrey was fascinated by Forge. She had seen fire type pokemon used for cooking, but it had mostly just been her gather cooking bacon and eggs on the tail of his charzard when they went camping. Never before had she seen a Pokemon set up nearly like an actual oven. The woman who set the kettle on her Pokemon/portable stove was also strange. She was so smiley and teasing and.... rough? It was not something seen in Audrey's own mother who always acted as if her daughter was a ninjask, one wrong hit from fainting. The budding trainer still found this a refreshing change.
"Am Audrey. And this is my partner Charley." Said the chatot, bobbing up and down as Audrey bowed slightly, having decided against shaking hands all together.

"Well it is nice to meet you both and its nice to see that Anthony finally made a friend here." She teased

"'Mom..." Complained Anthony as he kept his Rowlett from bothering Forge too much.

"You're 15, you can handle a bit of teasing for your mother right?"

"I guess..." Anthony holds the Rowlett in his arms before checking on the kettle. "I think the tea's done."

"Then could you be a dear and get us some cups?"

"Sure thing." Anthony takes the kettle and walks to the pantries before seting the Rowlett down on the counter. He began taking out some teacups and a bowl of sugar cubes, as well as a medium sized bowl. He fills the bowl around halfway with the steaming tea then added in two sugar cubes before placing the tea in front of the Torkoal. "Here you go Forge. The fruits of your labor." The Torkoal lazily lifts up its head before dipping it in the tea bowl. Anthony smiled and gives the pokemon a friendly rub before tending to the table, giving his mother a cup of tea with a sugar cube inside. He then began to make two cups for Audrey and Charley. "Want any sugar?" He asks.

Audrey smiled at Me.Bech "It as very nice to meet him. I'm excited to have another trainer friend." Said Carley for his trainer, even though he was more interested in the tea. In response to the question about sugar, Audrey signed: "Just one cube for me and no tea for him thanks." What the chatot said however was "One sugar for me and three for him, he likes it sweet." Audrey was use to not always getting an exact quote of what she said, but only a few times had Carley ever lied about what she said. Quick as a rapidash, the girl reached out and grabbed Charlie's beak with one hand. She hissed at him disapprovingly and ran the side of one finger of her free hand down the bridge of his beak. It was "Don't say that again." from his training. He flapped his wings annoyed, not liking to be scalded like a child. Audrey let go and tried again, this time Charley saying, if a bit unwillingly, "One sugar for me and no tea for poor Charley."

"Uh...yeah sure." Anthony puts a sugar in Audrey's tea and pours one for Charley regardless. He makes a cup for himself before serving the group. Charlie takes a sip of the tea and readdresses Audrey.

"You know, I've noticed that you've been letting your Chatot speak the entire time. Is there a reason for that?" She asks before taking another sip of tea.

Audrey should have realized that this was coming, that she would have to be ready to answer that question, the question. She was suddenly glad that Anthony had brought Charley a cup. The chatot gave her a bog, wide eyed look and his trainer had no choice but to let the note pokemon a dip. She nodded at Charley and he happily hopped down onto the table. He dipped his beak into the cup and after a moment, Audrey tapped lightly on the table next to him, grabbing his attention.
"I was born unable to speak. He's been trained to read sign language and help me live a normal life." Charley said, and Audrey gave him a small happy smile as he stuck his beak back in the cup. She pet his back lightly.

"Oh....I'm sorry for bringing it up then..." Replied Charlie and there was an awkward silence soon after. The two didn't know what to say or do, as they've never had to deal with something like this before. Eventually when Charlie finished her tea, she cleared her throat and stood up. "Oh I nearly forgot!" She said before walking off into the apartment. She comes out with a navy blue backpack. "I assumed you two are heading off soon and I wanted to do a bit of mothering before you leave." She opens up the bag and began pulling out several items. "I got you a couple potions for your little friend, a couple days worth of dried foods, a Pokegear so you call always call me whenever you need me, and this just came in the mail for you." She hands him a small package and curiously Anthony opens it up, revealing a small box containing an extendable fishing rod.

"It's my fishing rod! Wow, I thought I left this thing back in..." Anthony stopped talking as the room then again became rather somber. Anthony looked at his mother who had was looking down at the table, gripping the wraping in her hands. He puts it back in the box before addressing his mother. "Thanks mom, but you didn't need to do this. I thought the reason we moved here was for you to relax." He said

"Hm? Oh..yes of course. I just wanted do so one more thing for my little man." She said, masking her somberness. "Now I think you two should leave now right? Wouldn't want to keep your journey waiting."

"Yeah mom. It's good to see you. We should talk again when we can." Said Anthony. He packs up the pack and picks up his rowlet, drinking what she can from Anthony's unoccupied cup. "Come on Robin." He said, while picking up the Pokemon. He rushed Audrey out back into the hallway. When the door closes behind the two, he took a deep breath before going back to his somewhat cheery attitude. "Ok so where to next Audrey?"

Audrey once again was happy to let Charley drink and the silence drag on. She didn't find the absence of talk nearly as uncomfortable as others did. She smiled, watching the duo, taking a sip of her tea. Charley, completely oblivious to the tension in the room and some sort of unspoken sadness, had sneaked over to the sugar bowl and picked up a cube in his beak. Audrey hissed at him as Anthony moved to get Robin. She pulled the nearly whole sugar cube out of his beak and followed Anthony out.
"Thanks for the tea!!!" Said Charley, but wither they were Audrey's words of his own was a coin toss.

Audrey stood in the hall with her new friend "There is this one pokemon I've always wanted to catch..." Said Charley and Audrey grinned.

Lunari took the pokedex from the professor while listening to the explanation of everything. She nodded quickly and excitedly and also took the crystals from her and put both the crystals and the pokedex in her small pink bag with a big purple star on it that hung around shoulder. Cyndaquil looked at her while she was putting things away and made a cute squeal noise as if wanting to see what was in her bag. Lunari however just smiled back at Ace the Cyndaquil and gently patted him on the head before returning her gaze to the professor and saying a quick "Thank you~!". Lunari then took her Papa's hand and heading out of the lab with him and of course Rem with Ace following after. Lunari had walked by two trainers one which seemed to be bleeding and she wondered if he would be okay and another who had a cute little birdy talking for her it seemed. She looked at the girl before exiting the lab and then letting out an excited yippee noise.

Lunari was now officially able to travel and do what she wanted to and she smiled happily at Ace and her family. "Now I can start my journey Papa!" she exclaimed and her Papa and Rem nodded at her happily. They then hugged her one at a time saying their goodbye's and wishing her all the luck. Lunari seemed a bit sad at leaving their side especially Rem's. She then remembered before coming here she was given a device that worked a lot like a phone and had her Papa's number registered and of course the house phone as well which she then could talk to Rem. With that thought they assured her that if she ever missed them or needed them they would simply be a call away. After they said their goodbyes Lunari waved her hand one last time saying goodbye before exiting the Lab and starting her new adventure!

Dalton was near the lab. While approaching, he watched numerous teenagers enter and exit. When he was feet from the door, he stopped. His heart was racing. A bead of sweat inched down his neck. He breathed deep; they started off shaky, then relaxed. He took the final steps and pushed the door open. It closed behind him. He looked around as he took more steps into the middle of the room.

Back