Pokemon: Journeys of Anteceon Professor Dogwood’s Lab (All Trainers Must Start Their Journey Here)

Julia.jpg

Professor Dogwood

Professor Dogwood was sitting in her office when she heard another trainer enter. She got up and went out to meet them.

"Hello! I'm professor Dogwood! I welcome you to my lab and congratulate you on choosing your starter Pokemon! Now I have a few things to tell you. First of all, is that you cannot keep the Pokeballs that were with the starter Pokemon. Those are experimental, and we only have so many. Normal Pokeballs don't work on the Pokemon here in this region for reason very scientific that I won't get into. Instead, I have come up with a way to house your Pokemon."

The professor walked over to a shelf and grabbed a container. She pulled out 6 crystals and handed them to Dalton. Keeping 1 for herself.

"These crystals will take the place of poke ball. To catch a Pokemon in it, just say the Pokemon's name and then return. Like So."

The Professor held the crystal out toward a Charmander and said, "Charmander, return!" All of a sudden the Charmander was engulfed in a bright light and then shrunk as it wall pulled into the crystal. The professor held out the crystal again and said, "Charmander, I choose you!" Then Charmander appeared and looked at the Professor before running over to her. She Gave the Charmander a pat on its head.

"Now. These crystals are available at any Pokemon centers for free, for registered trainers. When catching wild Pokemon, you can't just point the crystal at them and expect to catch them. You must first bond with them. For stronger Pokemon, that may be battling. For weaker Pokemon, that may be something as simple as giving them a berry. When you bond with a Pokemon, it will become encased in a white light, much like they do when being caught in the crystal. At that point, you can then hold the crystal up to it and capture it in the crystal. If you are not bonded with it and try to capture it in the crystal, simply, nothing will happen. You will just look like a fool holding a crystal towards a Pokemon while saying its name."

Then the professor walked over to a desk with a computer. She opened a drawer and grabbed a new state of the art Pokedex. She plugged one into the computer and a picture of the new trainer showed up on the screen. She then unplugged one and walked over handing it to Dalton.

"Here is your Pokedex. You are now registered for the Anteceon league. The Pokedex will give you any information on Pokemon discovered in this region. If you can't find it in the Pokedex, it hasn't been found yet. It also contains navigation through the routes and cities to find the gyms. I think that just about covers everything. Now, what is your name and do you have any questions for me?"

@Agent Shade

"Um..." Dalton stared at the crystal in his hand. He took a moment to absorb the lecture. It was thrown to him in one piece, and he broke it into chunks. He turned those chunks into an introduction and question.

"I'm Dalton. I do have a question. So if a Pokemon isn't in the Pokedex, it means it hasn't been discovered at all?"

Julia.jpg

Professor Dogwood

"Only in this region, Dalton. This Pokedex has info on all the Pokemon from every other region, but you can also see a Pokemon and the info once it has been discovered by a trainer in this region. I hope that clarifies some things for you. We know they all exist here, but since the region was just opened to official Pokemon trainers, we decided to handle it this way." Professor Dogwood smiled at the new, young trainer.​

Being a trainer is more complicated than it looks. He'd never admit it out loud.

"So that means if I were to discover a Pokemon that no other trainer has found here, it would then appear in every trainer's Pokedex?

Julia.jpg

Professor Dogwood

"Yes, that is absolutely right. Every other trainer in the region would know someone came across that Pokemon. They wouldn't know which trainer it was, specifically." She smiled at the young man, hoping he was able to understand things properly. "Anything else you need, Dalton?"​

"I understand. I do need another crystal for my Swinub." Dalton looked at the ground. "She walked here with-"

The Swinub wasn't at his feet, her signature place.

"Um. . ." Dalton looked around the lab. The Swinub was nowhere to be seen. Did she come in with me? I don't remember. . .

"I. . .think my Swinub's missing."

Almond was walking up to the lab, just finishing up a phone call with her sister Charlie. From the other end Charlie seemed rather fetigued, which worried Almond to no end, but she needed to stay focused. While walking up to the lab, she spots a Swinub outside of the lab, just sniffing around the grounds. She didn't know if the pokemon was the lab's or was a wild pokemon but in any case it probably was a good idea to bring the pokemon in, to make sure it didn't start digging up the lawn. Almond, walked up to the Swinub and carefully picked it up. The pokemon seemed to be rather calm, which meant it probably belonged to some. With the Swinub in tow, she walked into the lab.

"Hello? My name is Almond Bech, I'm a transfer from Kalos."

Dalton turned to the voice. His eyes went to her face to the Pokemon sniffing her arms. Is that. . .

"Soleil?"

The Swinub's head perked up and saw Dalton. She squirmed in the girl's arms.

Dalton walked to the girl. "What are you doing with my Swinub?"

"Bringing it in?" Almond cocked up an eyebrow. "It was just wandering around the front yard so I didn't want someone to mistaking it for a wild pokemon and taking it. Anywho I assume the Swinub is yours?" Almond let the Swinub go.

Sera popped her head into the lab. Inside she sees two people in lab coats, a swinub and a purple haired boy. She silently steps in, and clears her throat to make a good impression.

"Hello there madam. My name is Sera Cream. I'm here for my pokedex for my pokemon adventure?" Sera asks. She stands up straight at the door, and places her hands behind her back. "I come from Blueberry city and if this isn't the lab I can just leave if you want. So umm...I'm in the right place right?"

Almond takes notice of Sera when she walks on. "Yes, yes, come in, come in." She replied. "You're here for your Pokedex if I heard you correctly? Well let me see here..." Almond walks around the lab, and checked the labeled boxes before pulling out a fresh pokedex and six crystals for Sera. She hands them to the teenager before showing her a desk of pokeballs. "Now here you can select a starter that no one has already taken. Feel free to ask me any questions if you have any."

"Thanks for the dex and crystals. And no. I already got a partner to go with. Thanks again for the dex!" The excited Sera quickly runs out of the lab. She already knew how the crystal worked, and she could probably figure out the dex worked. She made her way to the grasslands. Sera was so excited that she could berely contain it, with a spring in her step, and a bright smile Sera had started her journey and with her partner by her side, she knew she'll be a-ok.

Almond had barely any time to say anything. The girl just left in the blink of an eye. She shrugged, hoping the girl knew what to do. At least Sera smelt nice.

"Bringing it in?" Almond cocked up an eyebrow. "It was just wandering around the front yard so I didn't want someone to mistaking it for a wild pokemon and taking it. Anywho I assume the Swinub is yours?" Almond let the Swinub go.

"Oh." Soleil ran to Dalton and sniffed his legs. He picked her up.

"I don't know how you knew she's not a wild Pokemon. But thanks for bringing her in." Tucked in his arm were the five crystals Dogwood provided him. "I need another crystal."

"Alright just give me a second." Almond goes and grabs another crystal from the labeled container and handed it to Dalton. "There you go young man. Anything you want to ask?"

"I'm good for now."

Dalton held the crystal towards his Swinub. "Soleil, return!"

Energy released from the crystal and surrounded Soleil. It dragged her into the crystal.

"I should get going. Thank you for the help."

Dalton went out the door. He walked several feet away from the lab. He stopped suddenly.

Well, now what to do I do?

Seo-Yeon couldn't stop playing with her hands. She twisted her fingers around and cracked her knuckles, eyes dancing around the town. Cloudberry. Finally, she would get her first pokemon partner. Both of her parents agreed that she was ready to start a journey, and so when her father had business out-of-town, he allowed her to come. By the time she was done, her father would already be on his way to the next town.

She wasn't worried though. Stationary was stocked in her bag, and her phone would let her make audio calls. No, she was excited to start her first solo adventure. To that end, she had to find the lab.

After several minutes of taking in the town architecture, Seo-Yeon came upon what had to be the correct building. There was an older boy standing outside, but she simple nodded and breezed past him. No reason to wait around when she was so close.

The inside was simple in color scheme, but complex in design. The pink-haired teen found herself looking over several shelves and machines, getting more excited as she went. She almost didn't notice the slender blonde until she was right in front of her.

"Oh, 'scuse me."

She took a step back to get a better look at the woman. A professor? Perfect.

"Are you Professor Dogwood, by any chance? I'm Seo-Yeon Jo. I'm here for my first pokemon."

"Uh...No. My name is Professor Bech. Professor Dogwood is out for a while and I'm filling in for her." She said "Now you said you're here for your starter right? If so then come with me." Almond leads the pink haired girl over to a table with a couple of pokeballs with labels on them to show which pokemon they were. "Now take your pick. If you have any questions feel free to ask me."

"O-oh, nice to meet you." Warmth crawled up her neck from the mistake, but she followed the woman, steps purposeful.

They went a bit further in before reaching a table obviously meant for display. Several bright pokeballs caught Seo-Yeon's attention. They were a bit of a rarity, since they didn't function in the region. She had only ever seen pictures. Leaning in, she saw the labels carefully placed on each one. Bulbasaur, Totodile, Torchick... Fingers found themselves entangled again as she contemplated. She had to be smart about this.

Finally, one caught her eye. Hesitantly, she picked up the ball and pressed the center button. A flash of light materialized on the floor in front of her, revealing a small chimp-like pokemon. Blinking, it looked around before it's eyes landed on Seo-Yeon. It gave a small cry of curiosity.

She loved it. Bending down, she addressed the red-orange pokemon. "Hey. I'm Seo-Yeon." It made an acknowledging sound.

"Would you... like to travel with me?" She felt the forgotten heat trying to climb back up to her face. "I'm going on an adventure!"

Chimchar hopped up to her and cheered. It still looked a little hesitant, but Seo-Yeon was happy to have it's support.

Starter Pokemon:
Chimchar

4 Starter Pokemon Moves: Scratch/Quick Guard/Fire Punch/Double Kick

She stood up and faced Professor Bech again.

"Thank you for your help." She gave a small bow, but felt like she was forgetting something. "Is there anything else I need to know?"

Back