Akashic Arcana Prologue || Blue Sky Noise - Winter Royal Ball

0rganist

Eternal Wanderer of the Plains
@Zangyl

An "event committee" what a damn joke,
Uriel huffed to himself as he carried the golden tablet Lobelia had pushed onto him, a wide smile across her rosy pink lips as she danced around the delicate glass covered water.

The ballroom was an immense work of architecture, carefully crafted, surely. The pillars decorated with white marble, rims of the decor painted with gold paint that seemed to glow once the lights were lit. The dimly lit ceiling appeared to be a morning sky right after the sun begins to rise in the far horizon.

The light colors, and the decor made Uriel's skin crawl with unease. He was not used to this sort of environment, the overall feeling of royalty made him question the need for a ball.

"It'll be fun, Uri" Loba said with a smile, her delicate fingers intertwined with his as she dragged him into the almost-palace like room, "for a night, everyone will be loyalty. Everyone that shows up that is!"

She winked and spun on the glass. The water beneath her rippling with excitement as she giggled to herself.

"I will go get the rest of the committee to find flower shops, and catering to be resolved by our culinary teams," she said with a wide devilish grin, the same grin she gave him whenever she wanted something from him.

"You know I absolutely hate dances, and balls and all that," he said with a huff to his voice, his finger quickly swiping at the tablet as he located decor and other necessities to get the place set up for the ball within a couple weeks.

"C'mon, it'll be fun," she said to him, her pink summer dress draped across her creamy thighs, her long blonde curls bouncing perfectly against the edges of her soft face.

It was often this exchange happened between the two of them, usually Uriel would give in, and end up doing a great job at whatever it was she needed for him to do.

"I will leave you to it then.... toodles baby!" She pecked him on the cheek, her heels clicking against the glass as she walked out of the large white doors, the perfect weather outside shining into the cold palace for a second.

Uriel stood, alone and quietly for just a brief second as he looked over the perfectly shaped tinted window that decorated the opposite wall of where the door stood. The two large stair cases that led up to what appeared to be a bar on the second floor.

Hm... I might make it so that some of our older students can be up there and drink with some of our faculty...

He typed into the tablet, the lights of the room dimly lighting up as he walked in circles. Fully involved into his planning.

Christian quietly walked into the ballroom; its pristine, divine design mesmerizing him. He was completely taken up by its design, so he didn't really notice the student who was walking in circles. He was wearing a tight pair of black, pocket-less jeans that brought out his figure perfectly along with a sleeveless, grey body warmer that was similar to the one he had worn at the combat exams. His blue eyes were shimmering beautifully and the dimmed, golden light made him think back about home; the Dutch court. Images of dances, balls and private parties were flashing in front of his mind's eye, until he bumped into someone;

Quite dazed, he blinked with his eyes before massaging his left temple with his left hand, saying; "I-I'm sorry." He then took a step back; allowing the other person to recover from the accidental bump. Christian quickly straightened his grey body warmer; allowing for his black stubble-covered chest to flex slightly, his chest's sides rather visible and both his arms quite imposing. He wasn't wearing any insignia, nor anything else that would immediately identify him as the Disciplinary Division's commander.

'Just my luck...' Christian thought as he had tilted his head to the side, slightly; his blue eyes twinkling curiously...

Uriel spun on the ball of his foot as he walked around the edge of the glass, the golden rim that held the glass seemed to glisten under his feet, lightly glowing as he stepped on it.

He looked down at his feet, the water on the side seemed to peacefully sit under the glass, remaining a calm body of turquoise water.

Quietly the door opened behind him, but the silence of the room seemed to have deafened him, allowing for the Division's commander to slip in and behold the beautiful structure of the ballroom.

It was in pristine condition, the black, white and glass floors felt like mirrors as their cleanliness reflected anything and anyone that stood on them. Uriel stood right where he was, not too far from the exact center of the room, right under the large chandelier that hung high in the domed ceilings, the crystals hanging from it reflecting the dim golden light of the place.

Uriel slipped his left arm into his pocket as he held the tablet with the right, emerged into the history of the place, making sure he learned plenty on the building itself before trying to plan around it. His dark shoulder-length hair loosely framed his face, his tall frame dressed in a rather simple outfit, tightly fitting black jeans and a long sleeved white shirt, in an act of rebellion since Lobelia had clearly asked for him to wear some sort of business suit, as if.

He felt a push against his back as the blue-eyed leader of the Disciplinary team ran into him, his eyes curious as he looked at him almost perplexed by finding him here.

"Uh, hello...?" Uriel looked at him, trying to keep a hold of his tablet, "Can I help you?" He wasn't meaning to be snarky, but it was hard not to be if you were Uriel, after all, that is all he is. Snark.

He tried to pull his lips into a smile, thinking just what kind of mug he must be holding due to his rather seldom involvement in event planning.

The tone, the facial expression; it all caused Christian to cringe internally. The snarky undertone of his voice was unsuspected; and it made Christian raise a brow in interest.

"Possibly, yeah." He answered the dark haired student; eye'ing his apparel; it not at all being what Christian had expected from someone who plans a royal-ish, heavily themed ball.

Quickly taking on a more professional pose; his chest forward; legs standing white and stable, but both his muscled arms hanging down; softly moving, barely visible. "I'd like a... rundown, on what you are planning, and how i can contribute to it." He said, smiling; his white teeth showing perfectly and a joyous twinkle in his blue eyes.

Christian looked handsome; the dimmed, golden light further enhancing his natural appearance.

His eyes softened as he looked at Christian raising his eyebrow, more than likely in utter disapproval.

Yeah dude, me too, he smirked at him. He held the tablet loosely against his hip, holding onto it just barely as the edge of it rested against the edge of his belt.

It was rather odd, to have someone catching themselves acting human and suddenly stop; which is exactly what Christian did. Fixing his posture to be more rigid, not like a statue, but definitely stiff. His chest sticking out as he spoke, his smile genuine, or at least it looked rather genuine.

"A rundown?" Uriel laughed softly, "let me tell you, there will be a pour down if I tell you all the shit Lobelia is planning for this thing. Dresses, cupcakes and all that fruit cakekery."

He waved his hand dismissively in the air as he spun around and pointed at the stairs, "I'm thinking she will want some extraordinaire entrance from some sort of fake royalty there," he turned around to look at Christian, a grin across his lips; his finger darting forward as he pointed at the door from which Christian walked in through, "some flowers of sorts decorating the edges of the entrances."

He shrugged, his grin quickly fading back between his lips, "I'm sure there is plenty I could go on about, handsome, but in the end I think all you can really help with is showing up"

Uriel spoke rather fast, his native tongue quickly shining through as spanish was known to be fast and almost indecipherable when someone spoke it, but he knew Christian managed to catch most if not all of it, his sculpted features at least didn't scrunch up in confusion by the end of his speech.

"Well, besides cupcakes and fruitcakes, i'd also like to suggest adding fresh fruits." Christian said; tapping his stubble-covered chin with his index finger.

He then got distracted by the waving hand, only to suddenly tilt his head back towards his face as he spoke about 'fake royalty making an entrance'. He then perked up happily; a joyful glimmer in his blue eyes as he spoke about flowers at the entrance. Immediately turning around to face the entrance, Christian spoke; "I'd suggest silver lining and phases; combined with glass and delicate orchids in several shades of blue." He chuckled, saying; "But that's just me."

At the sudden change to his native tongue, Christian blinked; his ears getting used to the sound of Spanish, the corners of his mouth slowly raised until a bright, white smile could be visible.

'Please... don't be rusty...' Christian thought, before replying in Spanish;

"I'll surely be there. My last ball was years ago..."

He then chuckled cutely; looking around once more, a cute expression on his face...

Uriel raised an eyebrow at him, it's not often you hear spanish from a non SAC resident, it had become a fairly dead tongue for someone to speak outside a certain border.

"Well I have never planned a ball nor have I attended one," Uriel huffed as he paced his way towards the stairs, "they simply sound so...."

He didn't have a word to describe it, he just knew he was going to feel out of place. He was not much of a social butterfly, he was charismatic, and extroverted for the most part... but what he could make up in cheap jokes, he could not make up in the fact he was rather extremely awkward when placed in a group, let alone, a dance.

He walked up the stairs, his ringed hand gently resting on the railing as he walked up, his peripheral vision catching Christian's silhouette as he stood around the middle of the palace.

Uriel walked into what appeared to be an empty bar room, a delicately sculpted dark marbled bar sat by the far right corner, a few table chairs sat over the counter.

Ooh, yes... there will be booze.

He looked down at his tablet, ensuring to list down the types of alcohol that will be available, making sure to note that there would be no underage drinking since after all... it was a school event.

Christian chuckled at the raised brow and had averted his gaze to the ground; his cheeks reddening just a little.

When the student spoke about never having attended or planned a ball, Christian’s eyes shot up towards him. When he didn’t finish his phrase, he chuckled once again and said;

“Elegant? Official?” Christian’s bright blue eyes were twinkeling innocently as he followed the student’s movements carefully.

When he disappeared into - what seemed to be the bar, Christian began to move; his heart-rate fastened due to his excitement. He followed the students and stood in the doorway, leaning against it with one, muscled arm that was fullt visible due to the body-warmer’s design. The side of his chest was elevated; sticking out slightly, causing half his nipple to be visible. He simply stood there and watched as the student seemed to be busy working on his tablet...

He looked up and turned around to look at Christian, "I think the word I was looking for was fake"

He walked around the bar to stand where a bartender would typically stand, carefully placing the tablet down as he ran his fingers across the bar, feeling the texture of the smooth marble, debating whether to get coasters for it or not, was it a necessary expense at all?

"Balls, dances, whatever of the alike..." he continued to speak, but this time without looking up at the commander, "we dress like things we aren't to impress people we don't care about to the finality of trying to stand at the same level of as someone that can clearly affect the planet..."

He looked up, his hazel eyes drew to Christian's blue orbs, "we aren't royalty, we shouldn't party like we are."
Uriel knew he was just being salty, this was an event many people were excited about, and alas, he felt it was unnecessary.

"Nevertheless, I plan on making it one of the funnest events of the year, at least considering most of our first years this year are.... rather interesting" He thought back to the entry exams, many of the first years seemed to show some hidden potential that could easily be developed into powerful forces, these events would allow him to come into contact with them. Measure them out, just in case...

"Plus," he smirked at Christian, his tongue sliding out from his mouth to lick his lips the golden ring decorating the middle of his tongue pressing against his rosy lips, "I'm sure plenty of pretty girls and the occasional handsome fella will show up"

He winked shamelessly at him, his lips glistening with a thin layer of saliva as he proceeded to smile at him. His eyes softening as he toned down the amount of bitterness he felt towards the event planning, trying to at least sound as charming as he would if he would not be forced to do something.

The skillfully played flirt, along with the mesmerizing wink both caused Christian to blush heavily; his cheeks rosy, whilst his blue eyes twinkled ever so much.

“I can’t wait to finally dance again...” he said; his English flawless with a slight Dutch/Brittisch accent to it. He looked at the student; noticing the saliva on his lips he couldn’t help but bite his own thick lips.

He moved away from the doorpost; towards the student who still stood behind the bar. Christian leaned against the bar; his body-warmer hanging forward, loosely; showing the entirety of his chest to the student. The student would see a mass of muscle; black stubble covering it thinly, looking hot and mature. Christian supported his face with his arms and laid it to rest in his lithe hands. He now looked at the student, saying; “I’ll make sure to show up. I’d hate to miss a dance...”

And now it was his turn to wink, which he did; rather sensually...

It was interesting to Uriel the way the man acted, almost like a school boy that has never been flirted with before; he found it rather cute, especially considering that this man was almost carved by the angels themselves, and though he was slightly shorter than him, Christian was easily twice his weight in pure lean muscle... I seem to have a type apparently... Uriel thought and offered a sly grin.

It'd be a lie to say his own greedy eyes didn't find themselves wandering up and down Christian's figure as he walked towards the bar, trying to size up the man much like a python trying to determine if a rabbit is too big for it to strike.

Uriel found himself blushing ever so slightly as the man leaned over and offered a wink. Clearing his throat quietly, kind of pulling himself back into reality. He slid his hands over towards the tablet, pulling it back into his arms before walking away and around the bar, and back towards the stairs, "and now for the other side, I think that will be the snacks table... "

He walked across the stairs onto the opposing ledge, the hall resembled the one where the bar was, but this one had a large lounge area where tables could be set for a banquette.

He stood in the middle of the hall, his peripheral vision trying to keep track of Christian, watching his every move cautiously, curiously... a smile crept up Uriel's lips.

Christian felt how his cheeks colored; his eyes focussed down and his heart beating fast as the student coughed and walked away.

‘Way to go...’ He thought; turning around to follow the student with his gaze.

He still blushed; looking at the student from top to bottom; intruiged by seeing him move.

As the student moved out of his view, Christian stood up and followed him; appearing in the space between the bar and the hall.

‘What is he doing..?’ Christian then thought...

"So tell me handsome, what is your thing?" Uriel asked curiously without looking at him, his voice echoing softly as the empty palace bounced the sound of his voice, his eyes still glued to the tablet as he worked on the decor needed.

"Fireballs? Mind control?" He looked at Christian as he stood quietly in the space that separated the bar and the hall, Uriel turning around curiously as their eyes met once more, his own hazel eyes had a subtle sparkle to them, probably from the golden lighting in the place, maybe purely from the interest, "you look like the type that makes plants grow and eat people... Poison Ivy-esque"

Uriel's voice was smooth like honey, his tone was teasing in nature but in a playful way, much like a child that wants attention from their peers.

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours first," he smirked, sliding his hands into his pockets, resting the tablet against his hip once again as he waited for Christian's response, his lips curled into a smile.

The subtle sparkle in the student’s eyes caused Chrisian to feel a rush of excitement as he looked over him. When he called Christian ‘handsome’, he averted his gwze and blushed heavily. The suggestive innuendo that came after caused him to blush slightly, yet he felt the ‘need’ to answer;

“I... I went through the four Elemental Trials as part of growing up. The spirits of the elements; Nerones, Gios, Atmos and Ignae, granted me their power over the elements to use when i need them.” He made gestures; elegant and frail, accompanying the story he told. “Because i’m Dutch royalty, i am deeply and strongly connected to said spirits; Nerones being the strongest; both in my own case, and my mother’s; the High Queen of the United European Union.” Christian blushed as he was done; never having gone in-depth about his powers to anyone he doesn’t know thouroughly.

Suddenly he burned up even more; his cheeks red all-over as he asked; “I-Is there anything else you’d like.. to know?”

Uriel raised his eyebrows in surprise, "Wait like.... a legit prince?"

He took a couple steps forward, cutting the space between him and the end of the hall that connected the staircase to the spot where Christian stood.

"Not only a prince you're also an elemental user?" Uriel was fascinated by him, his expression almost like that of a kid outside of a toy store, "Why would you need to be around us commoners? You could literally probably wipe the floors with almost 90% of the student body." He let out a small laugh, "Obviously I'm in that 10% that would actually give you a hard time," he rested his shoulder against the nearest pillar at the end of the stair railing, "but I'm sure you would have your guard hounds rip me to ribbons if I so much as threatened the heir to the throne, aye?"

Uri's lips were pulled into his typical sly smile, "I hope you know I'm kidding," he said quietly, "I know Lobelia always thinks I'm being serious even though she has known me for a vast majority of her life..."

It was not often Uriel mentioned his past with Lobelia, or even his own past for that matter, but it was mostly used to repay bits of information given to him... in this case to not allow Christian to feel interrogated.

I mean... after all, who am I to question a future king? Uriel thought to himself as he looked down at his hands, rolling up his sleeves, holding the small tablet closely to his hip.

Christian blushed; his thick, pretty lips curled into a smile as he said: “A legit prince, yes.”

He then stumbled back half a step; chuckling as the student talked about elemental magic and expressed his concern about Christian being able to beat 90% of the student body. Christian chuckled; holding up his hands slightly and tilting his head to the right, saying: “I have no idea if i could or could not take on 90% of the student body.” At him saying how he’d be a part of the 10%, he chuckled before saying; “You sound confident. I admire that.”

At the question of Christian sending his hounds to rip him apart, he blushed and averted his gaze downgrade, saying; “No. I wouldn’t.” He then covered part of his face, chuckling before saying; “I personally don’t own hounds.” His blue eyes were shimmering joyously.

“I like humor.” Christian replied to the student’s question about him realizing he was kidding. He winkel at him afterwards, chuckling slightly as he spoke; “Lobelia? I haven’t met her, i believe.”

His own eyes were focussed on the student; quite curious about what was going on in that pretty, handsome head of his...

What an interesting turnout of events...

Uriel looked at him, a smug look on his face, "Confidence? I'm mostly arrogant and egotistical," he let out a chuckle, "very noble of you to not see it that way."

He walked down a couple of the steps and took a seat on the second to last step before reaching the pillar he was leaning against. Placing the tablet next to him.

"My father is in a position of power in my country," he said quietly, "he refers to his bodyguards as hounds because they would protect him before protecting themselves." His eyes trailed upwards, meeting Christian's eyes again.

"It's humble of you to not own any," he winked playfully, lifting the mood that he very clearly had deflated by the mentioning of his father.

Bodyguards... what a joke. He thought as he smirked at the blue eyed man, the light from the windows finally shining through as the sun probably shifted positions outside.

"Lobelia is some sort of chairman in the Events committee, she will actually probably end up working with you and the student body president fairly soon..." he shrugged, "You'll spot her right away, she is like.... a dandelion in the middle of a rose filled field."

“I’ll look forward to working with her. And you, as Well.” Christian said; a slight wink accompanying his words.

Suddenly, his head lifted up and focussed on the student, whilst his hand covered his mouth and the majority of his face as he spoke; “Where are my manner?! I haven’t even properly introduced myself.” He then chuckled, saying; “My name is Christian van Orange-Nassau.-“ he stopped for a while, blushing as he realized how stupid the following words were going to sound; “Obviously i got a load of titles, but... those are, to be frank, quite boring.”

Uriel arched his brow, "I'm just her puppet when it comes to event planning, you'll probably see more of me than of her, at least at the venues."

"Oh right we completely skipped introductions, huh?" He laughed softly after Christian introduced himself, his blue eyes staring back at him, allowing for their gazes to meet once more.

"I'm Uriel," he said extending his arm, not standing up at all, very informally sitting on the step. His hair draping over his shoulder as he reached for Christian, offering a somewhat handshake, "Uriel Zapata..... I doubt you require my middle name?"

He teased at the man, his face painted with a sly smile.

“Not at all, not... at... all...” Christian said as he took Uriel’s hand; blushing slightly as he noticed the handsome boy’s sly smile. Yeah; he thought he was handsome, and the realisation that he did made him yelp quietly.

After a small while, Christian realized that he still held Uriel’s hand. He felt how his heart beat fastened; causing his chest to glow with a warmth, or well; heat, that spread throughout his entire body. His blush was still there; accompanied by a joyous twinkle in his blue eyes.

He dropped Uriel’s hand; soon after covering the lower part of his face with the exact same hand. His blush peeking from under his lithe hand. His blue eyes were focussed on Uriel’s; a flirtatious but yet not seen twinkle highly visible.

“It’s... It’s a true pleasure, Uriel Zapata...”

Back