Prologue: Introductions

That Guy

Lost Mine of Phandelver - Ask me for details!
Clouds filled the air of Neverwinter. Smoke floated away from the chimneys of the houses as the sounds of commerce could be heard all across the market square. Inside a tavern sat an older dwarf, drinking a flagon of ale. His graying red hair was braided back in a ponytail, and his beard was knotted in several places.

Luna Vergo and her older sister Zyra were sitting in Zyra's tea room. Zyra ran her hand through her silver hair, sighing as she did so.

"For the last time Luna, move in with me. Get a job. A real job. Not this music business," said Zyra.

Luna rolled her eyes. "Zyra, I love you more than anyone, but no. I can't. You know I can't. I'm a free spirit, an adventurer, a musician who plays for all. It's my passion."

"I'm just trying to look out for you Luna. I'm well off with the shop I'm running. I can easily support us both if you stayed here. There so much you can do here."

"There is so much t do out there"

Zyra sighed. "So you won't change your mind?"

Luna shook her head. "Not on this. Not now. Im not ready for a stationary life."

It took a bit for Zyra to respond. "I don't like it but... You must walk your own path... Do you still planning on leaving soon?"

Luna nodded curtly. "Yeah."

"Then... I'm going to give you a regular healing potion. In case you get hurt, it will help."

Luba smiled and hugged her sister. "Thank you. That means a lot to me."

Zyra laughed a bit. "I only expect you to visit and to stay safe."

Luna smiled. "Don't worry. I'll be fine. Now if you excuse me, I'm off to the tavern."

Last edited:
"Be safe, honey." Cilion's mother whispered into her sons ear as he gave her a hug goodbye.
"And don't come home until you've become the greatest treasure hunter in all of phandalin!"
Cilion's dad was firing rhetorical comments as he stood behind his wife.
"Aha, you know it!"
Though Cilion Sree was eager to leave his adoptive parents and witness the world, he wasn't so sure about his elven brother, Blue.
"Ok, mother, father. Farewell," he said, "I will try and write to you as much as possible.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As Cilion and his brother Blue approached the tavern the only thing that was racing through the youngest of the two's mind was how epic their first adventure would be.
"Can you believe it? It's the Drunken Druid! One of the most famous adventurers taverns, like, ever! I can't wait to see who's inside. Will there be Rotterdale the Lich Slayer? Or Eldur the Infernal?"
Clearly anxious, Cilion hesitated to open the door, two great planks of oak that pivoted on fat iron hinges. He looked back at Blue before pushing the door open.
"We're here!"
Barely anybody noticed the two brothers enter, two drows, a dwarf, maybe an imp. The tavern was empty of silence. In fact, there was so much chatter, Cilion could barley hear what he just said.
"Follow me," Cilion told Blue, "I think I know where to go."

Blue nodded, grinning at his brother, and followed close behind him as they wound their way through the tavern's tables and crowds. Though he appeared at ease, his long elven ears strained to sift through the raucous babble and his eyes never rested in one spot for long. Constant vigilance. He needed constant vigilance if he wanted to protect his brother. It's tough to balance having a full live with having a long one. Cilion's life was already so much shorter than his own, he couldn't blame his brother for wanting to spend it memorably.

Three members of the tavern stood out to him somehow. There was the gray-red dwarf with the knotted beard, a half elf with a pious aura, and...he controlled his reaction superbly, showing only a momentary widening of his eyes. There was a drow. A drow, sitting there, drinking! His parents had told him tales of the drow and if one tenth of it was true then he'd make sure it got nowhere near them. Much safer to be near the one who, if he was lucky, would know healing. It would certainly give him less to worry about where it came to Cilion.

"Oi, Cilion!" he said, tapping his brother on the shoulder. "If you wish to find adventure, I'd suggest talking to the holy-looking woman over there. They're always on sacred quests to find lost divine relics, are they not?"

There's an unspoken tether between outsiders, a sort of tug on the heartstrings. In the dim light of the tavern, Celie's keen eyes tried to discern the travellers from the locals, though few exhibited such telltale signs as her-- flushing cheeks, a flittering gaze and a general nervous disposition made her stick out like a sore thumb.

Her ale sat untouched. One hand drummed softly against the wood of her table and the other fidgeted with the holy symbol adorning her neck as she stared down at the parchment. Other than a cursive Dear Cailynn, the page was blank. Celie had promised to recount her adventures outside of the temple to her friend through multiple letters, but so far her travels had been relatively dull so to speak. At least, in writing she feared they would come across as bland.

Newcomers offered a welcome distraction. Each time the door opened, Celie would lift her head to observe them, realise she was staring and then look back to her unfinished letter, embarrassed.

(Edited first post slightly to align with your guys posts)

Luna sat at the tavern, nursing a cup of ale as she casually watched the people go in and out. People stayed away from her, taking one look at her and backing away. Ah the perks of being a Drow. The sins of the few give bad name to the rest.

That's not likely going to change anytime soon. For instance, two people, brothers if she could guess, just entered. One of those men looked at her with shock and mistrust before attention turning elsewhere.

Oh well. At least the bar keep was nice and didn't turn them away.

Getting bored, she pulled out her lute and started to play a simple melody.

9+6= 15 on perform

Last edited:
Cilion and Blue see the older dwarf approach them. He says loud enough for the rest of you to hear, "I'm looking for some people to do a job for me, if you'd be interested. I'm leading a shipment of goods down to Phandalin. It's south-southwest of here, but it could take a while for any goods to get there. I need a few people who would be willing to help me out by acting as guards for the goods."

Luna receives 6 gold and 7 silver for her performance.

Cilion was about to walk over when he was suddenly halted by the dwarf.
"Guards?" Exclaimed Cilion, he poked the dwarf in the chest saying "Who do you think we are, khobold slaves? We are adventurers in dense forests, warriors in scorched battlefields, brothers in arms fighting the evil of the world. We wouldn't take a guard job, would we?"
Cilion looked back to ask his brother, Blue.

Last edited:
Blue shrugs. "Every adventure has to start somewhere. If we're looking for all the evil of the world, well, the world is a big place. Maybe we'll find some of it on the road. The guy wouldn't pay for guards if there wasn't something to guard against, right?
As long as he gets to train himself, and protect his brother, Blue's fine with anything.

Luna collected the gold that people tipped her for playing her little shanty. Not too bad, but could be better.

Her eyes then perked when she caught the last parts of a conversation. Sone one was talking about going on an adventure. Turning her head to follow the source, her eyes fell upon the brothers and a dwarf.

She listened in more. A guard duty? That could actually work to her advantage. Now how to get in... A ha.

Walking over to them slowly with grace in her step and a sway of her hips, she jumped into the conversation right as Blue finished.

"He's right. All great adventures start from small beginnings they say. No hero ever starts great, but they do find it."

She then put out a hand. "The name is Luna. What would you two gentleman's names be?"

Last edited:
"And who the hell are y-"
Cilion turned his head to see who intruded into their conversation, though it could hardly be called that. He stopped talking once he noticed the piercing red eyes that shined under a white haircut which covered dark glistening skin. Cilion had never seen a drow before, only in drawings. They looked even more mysterious in person.
"H-hello, call me Cilion. This is my brother Blue." he said, patting the elf next to him on the shoulder. "You got a lot of balls to be pocking around here, for a lady of course." Cilion shook Luna's hand, mesmerized. "What was your name again?"

Back