Promises, Secrets, and a Pair of Wings

Theme: The Arena

Marianna brows furrowed slightly in confusion at the angel’s sudden change in demeanor. Had she said something wrong?

She crossed her arms across her chest loosely and rubbed a thumb against her skin with one of her hands to ease the slight anxiety.

She watched as he made his way towards something behind her on the dresser, the candle it seemed. Idling watching him, she watched as he inspected the candle closer, only did she jolt slightly as she watched as the hot wax drip on his skin. “Ah- Hera the wax-”

"This is a sacred candle. Rachmiel told you about them, didn't he?"

She blinked a few times to gather her thoughts, retracting her hand in the process as it was ready to pull the candle away.

“Uh, yeah.. It is..” She replied, a bit caught off guard by his ignorance of the now cooled wax clinging to his skin. Before she could question him about it, Anahera sudden turned his attention back to her

"Where is Rachmiel, by the way? And Sytry. Where are they staying?"

"Marianna,"

She turned her head towards the sound of a familiar voice, “Rachmiel?”

Before she could react to the sentital’s sudden disarrayed appearance suddenly entering the bedroom, the two angels had already registered eachother. She didn’t realize how tired Rachmiel was until she noticed the wave of relief on his face that managed to peek through as he praised Hera’s recovery.

Before she make any moment or comment of his entering, Anahera had swept Rachmiel off his feet and had him on the bed in moment.

“H-Hera.”

"If you get up from this bed before you've gotten your proper rest and recovered," gritted Anahera, finger in Rachmiel's face, "I'll make sure you aren't able to get up again. Am I understood?"

Seeing the two interact after so long was a bit relieving to see, however, the sudden tension that Anahera was radiating was enough to cause her hair to stand on end as Anahera had left in a hurry to find Sytry.

“I'll be back Rachmiel!” She stammered as she hurried along to find the guardian. She was worried what he would do to Sytry. Not only for the demon’s sake in helping them find Shayton, but for Anahera if he pushed himself too far after just recovering not too long ago.

~~~

Bounce. Bounce. Bounce.

Sytry was minding his business bouncing a tennis ball he had found against the apartment wall as he paused to listen to sound of keys jiggling in the lock of his apartment. He couldn’t help but allow a slight grin escape from the corner of his mouth as it sounded like that big head Sentital was struggling to open the human door.

“Too bad you can’t use brute force here big guy huh.. psh.”

He continued to lay back to the wood floor as he bounced the ball into the wall in front of him, when the door suddenly opened. Before Sytry could greet his “caregiver” with a sly remark about the door, his eyes met with that of Golden Wings.
“Well if it isn’t Goldy Locks back in the flesh? Did your prince charming finally awaken you from your slumber?”
The demon propped himself up and sat on the ground cross legged, his crooked smile quickly fading as he suddenly snatched up by his throat and held up into the air. Sytry hissed in angry as he clawed the angel’s hand, his eyes glowing red.

“What the hell are you doing Blondie? I haven’t– Gahdone anything!”

"My turn,"

“AHAHHHHHHHHH”

Sytry gasped in pain, his throat preventing him from screaming as the angel clutched tightly on his neck. Salvia drowled down the corner of his mouth as the red glow began to dim.

HERA! STOP!”

Before the demon felt as if his insides were going to melt from the inside out, he was on the floor. Sytry placed his hands on his own throat and began gasping in pain, his long hair in disarray, framing his face as he tried to regain his composer despite the burning sensation on his neck.

"If I didn't need you in order to find Shayton, I would have killed you without hesitation. You aren't above consequences for your actions just because you're necessary. If you forget this lesson, I will be more than happy to remind you, but I think the burns," he smiled, eyes half-lidded, "will prevent me from needing to reteach this lesson."

“You F– Gah..” He hissed at the rasp in his throat, coughing up black blood as he lowered his gaze away from Anahera.

He was insane… What kind of angel was he?

Marianna hurriedly clasped on Anahera’s arm and pulled him out the door, glancing back sympathetically at the demon curled up on the floor.

Last edited:
Theme: Fairytale (Instrumental)

Anahera didn't put up any resistance when Marianna pulled him from the room. He closed and locked the door behind them before returning to apartment 464. Once there, he pushed up his sleeves and spoke to Marianna as he moved to and opened the windows before beginning to do light pickup around the apartment.
There wasn't that much since no had really been using the space at all--not with Rachmiel staying in 463 and Mari only watching over the angel in his coma--but there was certainly tidying to do even outside of the kitchen.

Anahera said, "I'm sorry you saw that, Marianna, but I won't apologize for it. I don't care if I need Sytry. It doesn't give him an excuse to torment Rachmiel. I've never seen an angel look that worn--especially not a Sentinel. Sentinel is one of the strongest ranks there is, and the fact that Rachmiel had entered into such a state that he even... showed his weakness and relief... the amount that cretin had to have been plaguing him... I had to show Sytry that I saw what he had been doing and that it wasn't going to be tolerated."
"As odd as it may sound," he resettled the fuzzy blanket on the arm of the couch before standing and smiling at Marianna with a smile laced with a darkness that she hadn't seen in any smile of his before, "I have less mercy for demons than Rachmiel does. I almost killed Shayton before, and my only intentions toward him since that night have been death. High Lord Raphael gifting me Sacred Flame has just made it easier to destroy Shayton... and keep Sytry in check."
"I know you may be uncomfortable with the idea of seeing Sytry suffer." Anahera's eyes warmed. "That's just the kind of incredible person you are, but," his eyes hardened, "you don't see what's behind that demon's soulless eyes. Sytry is not Shayton, but he is still of his same kind. They are both born from the death of innocent human children, and their hearts hold just as much compassion as the muzzle of a gun. Your gentle care would be wasted on them. In fact, it could directly harm you. Demons are masters of manipulation. If you give them the slightest chance, they'll get in your head. Normally just with their words, but certain demons have power over the minds of others, and I have no idea what power Sytry has. As your Guardian Angel, I'm telling you to stay clear of him. He's of more direct danger to you than anything else right now, and you need to take him as a threat seriously."

Theme: A Dangerous Thing

Once back at the apartment, Anahera slipped from her grasp around his forearm and she watched idly as the angel began to tidy the apartment. For a moment there was just the sound of his footsteps shuffling across the creaking floorboards,

"I'm sorry you saw that, Marianna, but I won't apologize for it. I don't care if I need Sytry. It doesn't give him an excuse to torment Rachmiel. I've never seen an angel look that worn--especially not a Sentinel. Sentinel is one of the strongest ranks there is, and the fact that Rachmiel had entered into such a state that he even... showed his weakness and relief... the amount that cretin had to have been plaguing him... I had to show Sytry that I saw what he had been doing and that it wasn't going to be tolerated."
"As odd as it may sound,"

Marianna remained quiet as listened to Hera's words. He was right, Sytry had been putting Rachmiel through hell. Despite his tough exterior and unwillingness to speak to her when she would ask about how things were going when she notice the Sentinel's fatigue after long days of waiting to see movement from Anahera. She felt a slight ting of guilt.

"I'm sorry, I should've put more effort in convincing Rachmiel to rest and care for himself." She commented softly, before becoming slightly startled by Anahera's unnatural grin. It reminded her slightly of his expression at the Cultist House. She decided to keep her thoughts to herself, however.

"I have less mercy for demons than Rachmiel does. I almost killed Shayton before, and my only intentions toward him since that night have been death. High Lord Raphael gifting me Sacred Flame has just made it easier to destroy Shayton... and keep Sytry in check."
"I know you may be uncomfortable with the idea of seeing Sytry suffer." Anahera's eyes warmed. "That's just the kind of incredible person you are, but," his eyes hardened, "you don't see what's behind that demon's soulless eyes. Sytry is not Shayton, but he is still of his same kind. They are both born from the death of innocent human children, and their hearts hold just as much compassion as the muzzle of a gun. Your gentle care would be wasted on them. In fact, it could directly harm you. Demons are masters of manipulation. If you give them the slightest chance, they'll get in your head. Normally just with their words, but certain demons have power over the minds of others, and I have no idea what power Sytry has. As your Guardian Angel, I'm telling you to stay clear of him. He's of more direct danger to you than anything else right now, and you need to take him as a threat seriously."

"I.... understand Hera." She bit her bottom lip slightly before sighing and giving her guardian a slight smile, "Now then, why don't I prepare some thing warm for you and Rachmiel. I know you don't really like me in your domain, but you are welcome to supervise me, head chef." Anahera had just woken up after all, he should be her first priority. If Rachmiel and Anahera were not at full strength, who knows what would happen..

Last edited:
Back