Promises, Secrets, and a Pair of Wings

Marianna patiently listened to Anahera’s story, she wanted nothing more to hold the man who seemed to be slowly falling apart. Memories were causing the once happy, charming to crack and dim his light. She sighed softly as he began to hold her face with his large hand, leaning into his touch as he continued to describe his story. Slowly, but surely, she could see the dark cloud going away that roamed over his head. Although the pain would always be there, it seemed to him to speak about his past with her, just to anyone in that matter than keeping it bottled up.

I remember. I remember, Marianna.

Marianna’s eyes widened in shock as Anahera placed her free hand on his chest, describing the gruesome details of the demon’s attack with his brother’s weapon. Her hand trembled slightly at Anahera’s sudden movements as she felt his deeping scars. She could feel his pain, and her face saddened. “Anahera… I'm so sorry.” she whispered quietly as she stared up at his face, searching for ways to soothe his lingering pain.

"But, Marianna. It was too late. I went to save my brother, and I didn't. Nothing would be different if I had obeyed my orders. Aoith was forgotten by everyone. He remained there--is still there--despite my greatest efforts. So, in the end, it was all a waste."

Not knowing more to do, Marianna reached out for Anahera, and hugged him tightly, doing her best work around his wings with her small frame. “Anahera, it wasn’t in vain. It wasn’t a waste.. Maybe… maybe we can find a way.. To still help your brother? There has to be a way.” She clung tightly to Anahera, wishing nothing more than to bring the light back into him. She pulled away from him slightly, freeing a hand that held on to him and gently tilted his head up to meet her eyes once again. “Anahera.. You’re not alone in this, thank you for telling me.” She gave him a soft smile, before parting her lips to speak once again. “I’m here.. I’m always gonna be here as long as you'll want me too.” Without a second thought, she stood on the tips of her toes and gently kissed Anahera’s cheek.

Anahera froze as Marianna's arms wrapped around his bare chest, and her warm cheek came to rest on his chest. He carefully returned her embrace, pulling back as soon as he felt her begin to shift away.

“Anahera.. You’re not alone in this, thank you for telling me."
She smiled sweetly at him.
"I’m here.. I’m always gonna be here as long as you'll want me to.”

He opened his mouth to reply when she has suddenly merely hairs away from him, closer than she had been that night at the ball weeks before. Warmth bloomed under her lips as they pressed on his salty skin, her chin brushing his salt-encrusted beard.
When she dropped back down, she was smiling, but he wasn't.

"Anahera, how do you do that... How do you know of all of the right things to say... hiccup and make me feel so weird inside."

"I really.... had fun with you...tonight.."

"I trust you, I have nothing else to lose."

"
I'll never let myself do that to you again. I'll never let you know how I feel about you. I won't cause you that pain."

"I trust you, I have nothing else to lose."

"Sleep well, mon coeur."

"I trust you."

He forced himself to smile through a locked jaw into her eyes before slipping away and walking to his curtains and thrusting them wide apart. He turned to look at Marianna who had twisted away from the bright light. "Well, the past is past, and the future is uncertain. Today is all that exists. Speaking of today," piece by piece, he piled a fresh set of clothes in his arms, "I called you in sick for work." He padded out of his room but turned to address Mari in the doorway to the bathroom. "Just rest. After I shower, I'll make you breakfast, and then I'm going to leave again. I have work, and I'm going to start looking for the demon. I'm going to do a fly around this evening, and then I'll come home. I'll see you tonight, okay?"
Before she could reply, he shut the floor.

This was how it was for the coming days. Each day, breakfast was waiting for Marianna when she woke up along with two notes.
On the front of one, the days itinerary: He had taken her shift at the restaurant on top of his own, he would be looking for Shayton the rest of the day, and would be back after dark. Don't wait up.
On the back: The cooking instructions for her favorite simple meals, already prepped in the spotless fridge.
On the second:
Do not leave the apartment.
Do not open the doors.
Do not open the windows.
Kill any spiders you see instantly without hesitation. Do not release them into the wild.
Do not draw attention to yourself in any way.
Have a good day!
Anahera

Last edited:
Marianna could still feel the slight ping of anger that Anahera had made her have after the first night of Shayton's attack and his orders to have her stay at home without talking to her and making a plan first. In the beginning, she thought it was just a little bit of kind gesture for her to stay home after the traumatic event and to allow Anahera to focus more closely on finding Shayton. However... Anahera had become a little more protective than she originally thought, ordering her from doing literally... anything. She couldn't do anything that would give anyone the slightest idea that she lived in the flat.. What weeks she sure felt were like months had passed, she felt as if she was trapped in the apartment. She felt like a child on house lock down.
Everyday was the same. Anahera would take over her shifts at work, plus still work his and had her stay home. She could nothing but sit still in their flat. She couldn't even open the window for some fresh air! She felt.... suffocated.
When she would try to talk about how she was feeling with him, he was out not only for majority of the day, but for the night as well. But he still somehow managed to avoid conversations about her protests about staying cooped up within the flat. On one particular day, Marianna found herself sitting on the couch, hugging her knees and starring at the world outside their window. Or- at least the shadows of the world. Anahera had made sure to have her keep the blinds and curtains closed, for the off chance Shayton would somehow see her through the window. She.. had... enough!

Luckily for her however, today their boss had given Anahera the day off to avoid overworking due to Marianna's sickness and trying to cover so many of her shifts adding onto his. She caught him walking in the door and setting some groceries on the dinning room table, "Anahera! We need to talk. Now." She spoke sternly, standing up from her seat and approaching him, looking up at Anahera and meeting his gaze. "I can't stand being treated like a dog anymore. I sit and stay like you have ordered me, for weeks! I can't take it anymore." She ran a hand through her auburn hair in frustration and her face began to turn red. "I feel like a goddamn prisoner in this godforsaken place Anahera. Fuck, I can't even open the freaking window to get some fresh air!" She balled her hands into fists and shook her head. "You. Can go, wherever- whenever you please while I have to stay here alone! You said you would protect to me. But all you're doing is making me a prisoner in our own home!" She screamed, the emotions she had building up finally boiling over. "I'm going outside, whether you like it or not , don't care anymore! If that demon wanted me so badly, he would have already found ME!"

Last edited:
Anahera felt kind of bad for making Marianna stay inside, but he knew it was necessary. Humans weren't supposed to stay locked in inside the whole time--especially in such a small space, but she had no choice. Shayton getting her wasn't an option. No matter the cost, he could not get her.

When he pushed the door open with his foot, arms laden with groceries chosen to continuously make Marianna her favorite dishes, and eyes snagging in exhaustion, to say that he hadn't been prepared to have an irate Marianna confront him was an understatement. Anahera hadn't slept since that night, and it did show on him. Angel he may be, but he did need sleep, and he had been driving himself and driving himself--fighting to find his foe and keep his chérie safe, safe and happy. From when he came home to when he left again, he did what he could to help Mari be happy and comfortable. He knew it couldn't be easy for her, but he was infinitely glad she followed his instructions. There were never any alerts that went up from home about her breaking any of the rules.
No, all the surges of magic alarm he felt were from the undeniably larger amount of crows, ravens, and rooks crowding the city. Even the news had picked up on it. Scientists were trying to figure out what had causes the sudden influx of carrion birds. They were everywhere. There were also warnings that had gone out warning guardians to protect the young children in the city from the alarming amount of aggressive scorpions that had also appeared.
Anahera's chest tightened every time he saw a news report on the amassing of what he knew to be demonic minions and the subsequent human injuries. With extreme prejudice, Anahera slaughtered every carrion bird and arachnid he saw.
The scientists were bewildered, the parents and guardians were panicking, and the occult-focused groups in the city were eating it up. Anahera set out warning fields around the houses and meeting places of occult-obsessed humans in the city and surrounding areas as well as around his home. Along with looking for the demon, himself, Anahera kept his eyes on the occultist humans. Shayton was using the animals loyal to the demons; why would he not use the humans as well? Thus far, Anahera hadn't seen any signs of direct interference from Shayton on the humans.

He had just slipped his arms out from the loops of the bags when he heard her approach from behind, and he started to tense. How was he going to avoid her this time?

"I can't stand being treated like a dog anymore. I sit and stay like you have ordered me, for weeks! I can't take it anymore."
Her hand pulled through her hair, her eyes looked almost deranged. "I feel like a goddamn prisoner in this godforsaken place Anahera. Fuck, I can't even open the freaking window to get some fresh air!" Her cursing made Anahera jump slightly, and out of the corner of his eye, Anahera caught the movement of clenching fists.
"You. Can go, wherever- whenever you please while I have to stay here alone! You said you would protect to me. But all you're doing is making me a prisoner in our own home!" she screeched at him, and his chest constricted in pain, only to be replaced by fury at her next words. "I'm going outside, whether you like it or not , don't care anymore! If that demon wanted me so badly, he would have already found ME!"

Soundtrack: Insane

That's it.
Before Anahera even knew what had happened, his hands were clenched tight on her biceps--tight enough to bruise deeply--and he had jerked her close until their faces were mere inches apart. He was starting to loom over her. "NO," he said, voice guttural with rage. "Do you not remember, Marianna? Don't you understand what he'll do to you? Were his intentions not clear enough what he wants with you? With your body? You're human, but I thought you weren't that stupid. 'Sweet blood TREAT'? Rape is an understatement when you're in a demon's hands. He will take your body, he will rip it apart for his own pleasure, and then," he pulled her closer still until his spat words rustled her eyelashes, "he. will. kill. you. Right now, I don't fucking care what you want, Marianna Davis, because you're clearly too naive to be trusted with your own safety. He's looking for you now, and he's getting close. You are staying in the apartment if I have to trap you here myself!"

Marianna had barely any time to react. Maybe what she said was harsh.. but.. she couldn't take being trapped anymore.
"Ah-!" Marianna gasped, wincing in pained as Anahera roughly handled her, a side she had never seen before... especially towards her. Her biceps throbbed in agony as he gripped so tightly. The sudden jerk and grip on her body, caused her head to whip slightly as he forced their faces to look at one another. She was looking up a stranger.. this was not Anahera.
"NO,"

"Do you not remember, Marianna? Don't you understand what he'll do to you? Were his intentions not clear enough what he wants with you? With your body? You're human, but I thought you weren't that stupid.

Stupid?

'Sweet blood TREAT'? Rape is an understatement when you're in a demon's hands. He will take your body, he will rip it apart for his own pleasure, and then,"

"he. will. kill. you. Right now, I don't fucking care what you want, Marianna Davis, because you're clearly too naive to be trusted with your own safety. He's looking for you now, and he's getting close. You are staying in the apartment if I have to trap you here myself!"

Hot tears began to pour down her cheeks as she gritted her teeth glared at Anahera at his insults... Without a second thought, Marianna kicked Anahera in the shin as hard as she possibly could, somehow managing to free one of her arms from his tightening grip and in one swift motion- SLAP.

"Fuck. You."
She cursed, her face hard and stained with tears. Her small palm stung from the sudden impact but she quickly ignored it as she shoved Anahera away, now rubbing one of her stinging arms as bruises began to swell and take their first step in making it's appearance clear. "I wish I would have never met you Anahera Golden Wings. I...I wish I would have never had feelings for you to begin with!" She screamed once again, gritting her teeth through the pain inflicted on her. Her screams turned into sobs as she shoved Anahera again. "You're no better than him." She took in a shallow breath of air and ran passed Anahera, swinging the front door open before leaving with the final word, "You should have just let Shayton take me in the alley that night.." SLAM. The rattling of the door echoed throughout the flat as she released the handle. Her vision was blurry with hot tears as she did her best to rub them out of sight, only to be suddenly met with a dreading familiar presence. "S-Shayton.."

Last edited:
Soundtrack: Requiem for a Dream - Winter - Lux Aeterna

When Shayton popped back into reality from his shadow travel and dropped onto the leather couch in his penthouse, he dropped his head back and blinked up at the ceiling far above him, mostly shrouded in darkness. He exhaled slowly, eyes flying over the ceiling as his mind flew over what had just happened. The angels had sent Anahera after him. Pride filled his chest. They recognized his power and his risk. Good for them.

He rose to his feet and went to his kitchen, pouring a glass of wine and toasting himself. “To many more failed attempts to capture me to come!” He chuckled and downed the wine in three deep gulps. Then, he frowned into his empty wine glass. Wine was good and all, but that human’s blood had been delicious. There honestly weren’t that many virgins in the age range he wanted and at the scenes which he frequented. That had truly been a lucky coincidence for him.

He rolled his left shoulder, wincing at the soreness. “Damn that angel!” He threw the glass to the floor at his feet, and it shattered into dozens of glittering shards. He glowered down at them and looked over through the open double doors to his wide balcony.

In a swirl of blackness, he was leaning on the railing, looking out around downtown. The night scene in Louistown was good, all things considered. He could hear the distant thumping of club music and the drunken giggles of two girls leaving the club more than a dozen floors below him. For a moment, he instinctively twitched like he was going to go down and have those girls for himself, but he stopped. No human girl would satisfy until he had claimed that one in the alley for himself.

He pushed off the railing, pacing to the far end of the balcony and peering out into the blackness. If he knew anything about the reactions of those idiot puffballs, Anahera would go flying soon to deal with his emotions. When he did, Shayton would be able to see where can came from.

Shayton snorted in disbelief again. Throlkrl had been positive that his spell would burn through everyone’s memories, but Shayton hadn’t believed him. Shayton had thought he was the only wise demon among millions to see that Aoith’s own brother wouldn’t forget him. He had thought all the other demons were fools, yet here he stood, proven to be the fool.

As the centuries passed, Shayton had watched in open admiration of Folster as he had gradually picked Aoith apart, bit by bit. Mentally, physically, emotionally. Sometimes, the master torturer allowed other demons to join in the fun—but only under his strict permission. If he wanted hissing insults and mocking laughter, nipping teeth and slicing claws, the line of demons biting at each others’ heels to help him could have spanned from one end of Hell to the other.

Folster had plans to never let Aoith die and to never stop torturing him. Shayton had to stop himself from simply fawning over Folster in admiration of his work. The demon had skills that no one else could compare to. Earth’s Spanish Inquisition had given birth to some of the most skilled and vicious demons in Hell.

Shayton’s thoughts were interrupted by an appealing caw to his left, and he turned his head to see a rook perched on the balcony railing, one beady eye focused on its master.

Shayton’s lip curled.

A hooker on the streetcorner beneath Shayton’s balcony shrieked in horror as a small, bloody body smacked to the pavement at her feet.

The raven that replaced the rook on the railing made sure to follow the rules, and Shayton gave the bird’s bowed head a bloody smile, his eyes still emitting purple wisps.

img-2692415-1-138582__safe_wallpaper_spoiler-s03e01_glowing-eyes_king-sombra.jpg

“Yes?”
A frown.
“Yeah, nice job, bird brain, I was there with the angel in that alley.”

If the hooker had still been on that corner, she would have seen the second broken body join the first.

As the weeks passed, Shayton was finally closing in his net. The animals serving him had mapped out the angel’s daily pattern and Shayton himself had confirmed, through a bird’s excellent vision, where Anahera and his human pet lived. Shayton had observed in glee through his minions’ eyes how the angel treated the girl day after day and how she took the abuse. He was doing half of Shayton’s work for him!

Shayton just had to wait for the perfect time to catch the angel off guard and get in the building. He sent droves of humans to Martini Italian Bistro during the shifts that Anahera was working, leaving him even more tired. His birds hounded Anahera is the sky, making it harder for the angel to get away with flying without the humans seeing him, and his creeping creatures on the ground. Shayton played with the foolish floofy boy, leaving him alone just long enough for Anahera to finally relax before having a crowd of critters so large that any zoologist would foam at the mouth if they saw it waiting just behind a door for Anahera to open. The angel’s self-righteous panic never got old.

Shayton waited, watched, and crafted, and one day, he struck.

He did have to step rather carefully throughout the building so as to not set off any of the fields that the angel had implanted and didn’t have to maintain himself. Those had all fallen as soon as the exhausted heavenly entity had stepped through the doors of the building. He was just soooo tired! Shayton’s grin was gleeful as he slipped through the apartment doors, blew the repellent human woman at the desk a kiss and a wink that left her choking on her cigarette smoke, and silently padded up the stairs, undetected and exhilarated.
Anahera had already vanished inside one of the apartments when Shayton stepped out of the rancid stairwell, but it would have been impossible to miss the golden glow radiating off one of the stained doors in the dimly-lit hallway.
Shayton shook his head and clicked his tongue. Angels really were so on the nose with their doings. Subtle wasn’t a thing that they did.

He was just approaching the door when it started to open. Shayton was tucked in the shadows of the doorframe before he even registered his reaction. He listened in delight.

"You should have just let Shayton take me in the alley that night.."

The door slammed behind the human, and there she was. Her anger made her all the more delicious, and Shayton took a moment just to appreciate the beauty of a human in pain before he slipped out of the shadows, right up behind her.

He wrapped his arms around her, pinning her arms to her sides, and whispered, his lips brushing her ear, "Well, hello there, my sweet-blood treat. I must say, I didn't expect to have you screaming my name so quickly, but I'm not complaining."

When, a breath later, the stricken Anahera to burst through the door, Shayton chirped, "Why, thank you, my good angel! You seem to have done my job for me! I couldn't have made her hate you like this if I had tried!" With a cheeky wink and a nibble of the human's earlobe, Shayton and his prey evaporated into smoke and were gone to the excruciatingly incredible soundtrack of Anahera's wail of pain.

The duo appeared in Shayton's open floorplan penthouse apartment at the foot of Shayton's king-sized bed. He merrily tossed the human on the crimson bedspread, made particularly bloody-looking by the sunset streaming through the full-length windows covering two walls, and stepped back to grin at her, arms crossed and posture relaxed.
"I couldn't have set up a better way for us to be united if I'd tried! I mean, Anahera did his part by treating you like a bitch to be kept in a cage, and I did mine by stressing him out and exhausting him, but you, my dear, you are the real star of the show--storming out like that. I have to hand it to you, you are vicious when you want to be. You have my respect!"

Marianna froze in place. The same fear rising in her body once again like it did in the alleyway. Her lips quivered as Shayton's lips grazed her ear, teasing her.

"Well, hello there, my sweet-blood treat. I must say, I didn't expect to have you screaming my name so quickly, but I'm not complaining."

“N-no…” She felt herself almost forget how to breathe properly as her heart sunk and began to beat rapidly. Her eyes darted towards the door, watching as Anahera bursted through the door, every emotion pushing through her like waves. What has she done?

"Why, thank you, my good angel! You seem to have done my job for me! I couldn't have made her hate you like this if I had tried!"

Shivers went down her spine as he nibbled her ear, in attempt to tease the angel more before evaporated the duo in a cloud of smoke. Marianna tried to reach out for Anahera as they evaporated, but to no avail as they were transported to a open floor plan penthouse apartment. It was larger than her flat with Anahera. She gasped as she tossed like a sack of potatoes onto the king-sized bed. She propped herself up after landing on the bed, her biceps still stinging from the earlier conflict. “W-where am I?” she questioned in fear, as she studied her surrounding, wide eyed and fearful.

"I couldn't have set up a better way for us to be united if I'd tried! I mean, Anahera did his part by treating you like a bitch to be kept in a cage, and I did mine by stressing him out and exhausting him, but you, my dear, you are the real star of the show--storming out like that. I have to hand it to you, you are vicious when you want to be. You have my respect!"

Marianna’s face paled as the weight of her words from earlier began to weigh on her. If she had never met Anahera, this would not be happening to her.. But it did, and now she it was her fault that she was going to die. I'm so sorry Anahera. She began reversing backwards on the bed, trying her best to create distance between herself and the demon in front of her. “G-get away from me.” Her voice trembled as she continued to look around the room for a way out. All anger and defiance had left her being as her small frame trembled under his presence.

“G-get away from me.”

Shayton snorted and rolled his eyes, sitting on the end of the bed, back fully to the human. He spoke while pulling off his shoes. "Why do humans even say that? Has it ever worked? For anyone? Ever? I mean, really!" He looked over his shoulder at the trembling girl. She had pulled herself into a ball at the edge of bed. She was too close to falling off the back and hitting the floor.
He rolled his eyes again and reached out, taking a hold of the bedspread and jerking it masterfully so that she fell forward away from the floor end of the bed. He leaned and grabbed her foot, flung out to stabilize herself as she tumbled. Giving it one, practiced pull, he dragged her to be star-fished in the middle of the bed.
Free of shoes and socks, he sprang over her, landing on all fours over her prone body. He clicked his tongue chidingly and nodded his head toward the end of the bed she had almost fallen off.
"No hurting yourself please. That spoils some of my," he lifted a hand and popped his claw out inches from her eyes, "fun." His eyes shot to the almost-unnoticeable scar on her cheek, and he let out whine of disappointment, gently tapping the spot with the same claw that caused the injury. "Oh, now, that's sad. I thought that it would last! Does--" his eyes popped up to Marianna's, inches apart, "does Anahera have healing magic? Ah, nevermind." He launched himself up and off the bed. "He's boring, and that's besides the point. This time, I'll make sure the marks last. Not only will Hera-baby not be able to touch you, but the marks of where I did will mock him every time he looks at you!" He whooped a laugh and padded across the room, shedding his blazer jacket on one of the bar stools in the kitchen area and going behind the bar. He pulled a wine glass up and looked at the girl. "Would you like something to drink?" he asked casually. "I have the best wines in the city here." He tapped the wall-mounted, neon-lighted, liquor shelf unit with one clinking claw.

Last edited:
"Ahh-" Marianna squeaked in surprise as she jerked by the bedsheets. She bit her bottom lip hard to keep it from quivering once again as Shayton scolded her for almost hurting herself,

"No hurting yourself please. That spoils some of my, fun."

She squeezed her eyes shut, mentally praying for herself and hoped Anahera would find her. She shivered as he tapped her cheeked and look disappointed that his work had not lingered. She had discovered that herself, a scar she thought would remain on skin, had faded. Had he healed her while she was in the apartment? She took in a breathe ofsudden relief and opened up her eyes once again as soon as she felt the weight of the bed shift and found Shayton made his way to the bar, offering herself a drink. For second, she was confused.. he was surely toying her... however...

"Why do you hate Anahera so much?" She questioned carefully as she sat herself up on the end of the bed, hoping to kill time in order for Anahera to hopefully find her. Hopefully.
"There must be a reason for it, if he seems so boring to a demon like yourself."
Her frightened composure quickly shifted to being calm and composed. She thought she played along with his games she would have a better chance to getting away.

Last edited:
Shayton shrugged at her refusal to acknowledge the offered drink, but still brought the empty goblet over. He sat next to her on the bed and studied her, head tilted. "You are a curious human, you know that? Most women panic when they find out the truth, yet here you are, cool as a cucumber, trying to distract me until your angel in shining armor comes to rescue you, but here's the thing," he reached over and booped Marianna on the nose with the tip of the empty glass, "you can't escape me. Even if Anahera were to interrupt us, which he won't because he won't do that to his precious humans, and carry you away, it wouldn't stop me. I've locked onto you, my dear, and I won't stop until I'm satisfied!"

He set the goblet on the floor and reached out, grabbing her right hand and dragging it over. He flipped her wrist and ran two cool fingers over the veins which shouldn't be clearly seen considering the darkness in the room, yet the demon ran his fingers over the trio of tiny moles clustered on her inner wrist as though he could see them in bright light. As he ran his fingers up her arm along her veins, he kept talking in a distant manner. "Death is the only thing that will free you from me. I'll follow you to the ends of the earth, and wait as long as I must. I'm a patient demon." He tapped the vein in the crook of her elbow as though testing for goof veins. "Not all of my kind are, but I am. Sytry, in particular, is not patient. His impatience makes him quite annoying, if I'm going to be honest. I don't mind him following me around like a dog, but he does get in the way sometimes. It's nice to be free of my lackeys. Hmmmmm..."

He snagged her other wrist, pulling it to him--twisting her body toward him in the process. He repeated the testing procedure. "As for the angel, he isn't anything special besides what he did in hell almost a thousand years ago which had no particular impact on me. I have no loyalty..." his voice slowed down as he focused, bowing his head over her arm. "I just hate angels in general, and I like messing with everyone. There are angels that I do hate though. The..." his gaze became distant, his grip on her arm tightened to pain, and the claws of both hands burst out, piercing her skin in ten different places, "the guards of hell in particular. I want all of them to suffer unimaginable pain for all of eternity. Let them burn in the lake of fire, I say." A grim smile. "Scorched angel feathers do smell incredible."

A small stream of the human's blood ran over one of Shayton's fingers, and he was jerked back to the present. He frowned down at his claws in her arm and quickly withdrew them, letting her arm go. "Shit! I don't want to waste any of your blood! Dammit! I can't believe that happened." He scowled at MJ. "Don't make me lose control like that! Everything I do is very intentional, and I don't like not being in control especially over myself." He looked at the blood on his claws, and then he picked up the goblet on the floor, waving it in Marianna's face. "The blood that fills this goblet can't be sullied, but," he gestured at her arm and the drying rivulets of blood running over her inner arm, "any incision I make now will get some of the other blood in it."

He stood, frowning down at Marianna. His eyes cast pale purple luminescence. "Stay here. I need to get something to clean the blood off, or I'll have to wait until next time, and I refuse to disallow myself from tasting your blood again. Tonight. I've waited and crafted for weeks, and I won't waste the opportunity. Stay."
He set the goblet on the kitchen and disappeared into one of the few closed-off rooms--presumably the bathroom.

Last edited:
Marianna did her best to remain having a cool composure, but the closer he got, the more frighten she began. Where was he..? Was Anahera really not going to be able to find her? No. She would find a way out. Her thoughts then were interuppted by the boop by the empty goblet that Shayton brought, her blood ran cold at his threat of never letting her go. He was right. Even if she were to be saved or to find a way out, he would always be out on the hunt for her as long as she still had a beating heart. "Mm-" She winced slightly as her wrist was jerked forward into Shayton's grasp, her upper arms still tender from the earlier fight with Anahera. She watched carefully as Shayton seemed to be examining her more closely- she felt as if she was at the doctor's office preparing to have her blood drawn. He examined her next wrist, her body numb from all the poking and prodding. She did her best not to focus on his cold touch; a rather different feeling compared to Anahera, whose touch was usually warm. She glanced at her light bruising once again before focusing back on Shayton, listening to rant about his hate for angels in general before a sharp pain pricked both her arms. "Ahh! It hurts." She cried, watching as her blood painted the dark claws.

"Shit! I don't want to waste any of your blood! Dammit! I can't believe that happened." He scowled at MJ. "Don't make me lose control like that! Everything I do is very intentional, and I don't like not being in control especially over myself."

She stared hard at Shayton. It was her fault? She wrapped her arms around herself as she watched Shayton leave to get the blood cleaned. She listened intently for his steps, counting them. Once she believed that they were to be far enough away, she quickly rose to her feet and ran to one of the large floor to ceiling windows. Her breathe was rapid from the anxiety of what he would do when he came back and her heart would not stop beating so quickly. She felt around the windows in hopes to find a latch. Once she did, she pushed it opened, wincing once again at the sound of it creaking. "Please.. please don't come back." She begged in a whisper as she stared at the door behind her. A mental clock continued to ring in her ears as she peeked outside the window to see a large drop off. She would surely hurt herself, or worse.. die from such a fall. She felt her body freeze once again at the sound of returning footsteps.
"I rather die, then.. then be at his mercy." She convinced herself, her breathing becoming for rapid. Her hands were clammy as she placed herself. Her bare feet balanced her out of the frame of the window and she took a deep breathe. She only had a couple more seconds.. she had to jump. "I'm sorry Mom, Lucia, Slyvia... Dad." She felt hot tears as she began to hear the turning of the knob and before she knew it, she squeezed her eyes shut and jumped.

Shayton, head in the bathroom cabinet, felt the breeze through the open window as it opened, and he sighed.
"Booooring," he said as he stepped out of the bathroom, watching the last wisps of her hair disappear out of frame. He walked to the window and watched her fall. He wanted to wait to the last second. It always caused the most impact.
He took a few steps back.
Three... two... one... NOW

A shrill whistle, a mass of talons and black feathers shining in the final rays of light, and an unglamorous deposit later, Marianna was safe back on the marble floor of the penthouse. Shayton crossed his arms and gave her a reproachful look before walking over, hauling her to her feet, and dusting the bird feathers off her. "Honestly, could you have been more unoriginal? Rude, as well--treating your gracious host so cruelly. What if I hadn't caught you. So much for being interesting. I guess all you can offer is pleasure." The predator smile that had been missing since they arrived in his apartment was back and more hungry then ever. She was over his shoulder and across the room and splayed out on the massive bed in seconds, short one ripped shirt and covered in claw punctures that hadn't come from the birds. Shayton's eyes and smile radiated malevolent purple as he climbed over her, also shirtless.

Soundtrack: Dynasties & Dystopia

"And I am gracious, Marianna," he spoke her name for the first time as the sun, dreading to shine any light on what was to come, fled the sky in a flash of blood red, leaving the sky dark as the moon had escaped her duty to reveal the demon's nightly activities for a single night. "Or, rather, I WAS gracious. I was going to start gentle, but your disrespect has earned you the demon that you don't want to see. I said that everything I do is intentional, and that's true." His claws, all twenty, snapped out and plunged in the mattress, flashing rich purple and began to light the bed and two on it in ghastly light. The wisps of Shayton's hair, flopped forward, were outlined in purple, as were his eyelashes and unshaved scruff. His pupils, irises, and sclera were replaced with pure indigo before tiny pinpoints of black ignited in the depths and rounded out.
f94c8ac19ba2e00af84fb026de90a862.jpg

"I'm going to intentionally seek my own pleasure, now, Marianna. I would say I'm sorry for the pain I'm going to cause you, but I'd be lying. I relish causing harm, and it's especially sweet when the harm I do grieves my enemies and even more sweet when I'm taking something that can never be retrieved--your virginity in this case." His smile, backlit by purple, was terrible. "Speaking of which, I'll save the goblet for another time," he purred. "There is something rawly invigorating in sucking the blood of a human straight from the veins, and it's never more invigorating than when it's a virgin's blood during the last moments that the human stays pure. Are you ready?"

dfgekma-4f7964aa-e540-4996-b196-e16f5f00b8f9.png

"SHAYTON!"

"What the fuck are you doing here? And you are going to have to pay for those windo-- oh no."

"Oh no" was entirely an understatement, but the demon couldn't be blamed for being short on words. Shayton, at his worst, was horrifying. Anahera, now, was
demoralizing. Shayton's mouth, eyes, and claws were glowing purple, but Anahera's whole being glowed gold. It filled the room, and he was almost impossible to look at. The only part that could be looked at was his face, and the face was the one place where you did not want to look.

In this moment, in Shayton's stolen penthouse apartment, Anahera of the Golden Wings was every bit as terrifying as he was that day he burst through the gates of hell and rained down judgement on his brother's captors. A terrifying that didn't belong on Earth. His Earthly clothes had vanished to be replaced by a sleeveless, white robe, and waves of heavenly power rolled off him, each one a physical presence, painful to any entity that had ill intentions.

Shayton swallowed his panic and got to his feet, watching the angel carefully.
"I didn't know you had it in you to craft a human's mind like that," he said quietly. This wasn't the time to be foolish. He needed to get a read on Anahera first.
Anahera's smile caused a sharp, unfamiliar tightening of fear in Shayton's throat.
"Never underestimate me, demon."

"Clearly," muttered Shayton under his breath.
He hated the idea of letting the human go, but he would find her again, and he wasn't likely to escape hell again. Even if that meant that he would have to release his prey, he needed to get away from Anahera before he got the opportunity to banish him.

"Okay, okay." He put his hands up and backed away past the bed. "I'm not a fool. I know when I'm beat. She's fine. All I did was poke her. I didn't soil her or alter her mind...," an idea, "although I'm not sure that she'll leave with you. She wasn't willing to wait for you to come. She jumped, Anahera. Marianna left you."

There it was. For a split second, the warrior's eyes flicked to the girl on the bed, and in that second, Shayton was just a wisp of smo--"AARRRRRGH FUCK."

After two resolutions in the air, Shayton crashed back to the ground halfway to his balcony, arm coated in steaming burns. "Owwww." Shayton looked through hair in eyes at Anahera. His hand and arm were still flickering in Sacred Flame. "Wha--? You can use that? I thought only the archangels could!"

"Never underestimate me, Shayton."

Shayton forced himself to swallow. He slowly got to his feet, wincing in pain. "Okay, okay! You win! I won't follow!" He looked away, playing the submissive foe. A low chuckle made Shayton's head flip back, and the first dagger of fear in his throat was joined by a second. Both of Anahera's fists were flickering in heavenly fire now.

"Shayton..." Shayton's eyes snapped from the fists to the eyes. Shit. They were solid white. "I don't think you understand. I'm not here for her."

Shayton frowned. "Wha--"

Anahera took a step forward. "I'm here for you."

Ohhh fuuuuuuuuuuu--

Shayton tried once again to flee the room, but he had barely started moving when his mind shut down. The pain.
He couldn't hear his own screaming or see his flailing body, claws and purple gone, and it was good for him that he couldn't see the smile on Anahera the angel's face as his hands, locked around the demon's face, burned him from the inside out with the fiery fury of heaven.

Last edited:
Marianna felt weightless as she began to plumment to her doom. She began to think of her family and what they would think to find her gone.. if they ever discovered it anyway. She couldn't help to think about her fight with Anahera and leaving on such a bad note. She didn't mean what she said. She loved Anahera. Truly. It was in her burst of anger she said things she didn't mean. She said anything to make him mad enough to stop protecting her so hard like he did then. But now.. she could never see him again. Or so she thought. Just as she was saying her finally prayers and preparing for the worst, she felt her body whip back as if pulled back by a giant force. Before she could truly grasp what had happened, she discovered herself on the cold wood floor. "No.." she whispered, in disbelief. He. He caught her before-
"Honestly, could you have been more unoriginal? Rude, as well--treating your gracious host so cruelly. What if I hadn't caught you. So much for being interesting. I guess all you can offer is pleasure."

MJ stared at the ground in disbelief, questioning why she was still alive. Why? All kinds of panicked emotions began to hit her in waves, she trembled as she stared up into Shayton's eyes, fearing that predatory grin that she feared so much back in the alley that night. She cried out as she was lifted from the floor and throw over his shoulder in rough manner. She began to kick and scream, but to no avail. She was flung to the bed, her shirt torn and claw making covered her skin. She sucked in a sob as Shayton crawled atop of her,

I WAS gracious. I was going to start gentle, but your disrespect has earned you the demon that you don't want to see. I said that everything I do is intentional, and that's true."

She whimpered as she saw more of his demonic powers began to show through, she turned her head and began to find something to focus on and prepare for the worse. Even if she did try to fight him off, she wouldn't be strong enough. "Anahera... i'm sorry." She thought as she felt the weight shift on the bed. Before she could fully accept her fate, she jumped at the sound of a loud CRASH!

To her shock and relief.. "A-Anahera.." Tears formed in her eyes, only to be replaced with realization with what he truly was. She watched cautiously as she rose from the bed, as the two powerful beings began to fight and mock one another. Anahera.. was whole other person, she didn't truly know him. Just as Marianna was beginning to collect herself, she jolted as she heard a loud thud and watched as Anahera brutually went after Shayton, a side she was afraid and never thought she would see. She thought the outburst at the flat was the most of it. How naive. She quickly made her way towards Anahera and Shayton, fear filling her being as she listened to Shayton's ear crushing cries of pain.. Was... was he always like this.. the stories of how he went to save his brothers.. did he do it in this way?

In a trembling voice, "A-Anahera. Have you always been this way..? Please.. this isn't you.. this isn't the right way to do things." She did her best to carefully approach Anahera, becoming wary of the power that radiated off his body, but becoming more aware of Shayton's close-death state. "Please Anahera, you've killed enough already.. Do you really want to have Shayton's blood on your hands?" She began to cross her arms and hug herself. She did her best to not sound afraid of Anahera and to stop the violence, but her body began to finally break down from all the trauma. "Please Anahera, I'm begging you.. stop!"

Soundtrack: Experience

"A-Anahera. Have you always been this way..? Please.. this isn't you.. this isn't the right way to do things. Please Anahera, you've killed enough already.. Do you really want to have Shayton's blood on your hands?"
"Please Anahera, I'm begging you.. stop!"

The angel did not respond to the girl's first plea, but the second seemed to reach him as his eyes returned to their normal grey, and at the third, his hands loosened and Shayton, face scorched, crumpled to the ground.

Anahera stepped back from the collapsed Shayton, lip curled and head down. Then his eyes moved to Marianna. They skimmed over her body, bare torso, arms, legs, eyes marking every one of dozens of wounds made by the demon, then they flicked up and met hers, and even though there was pain and a question in his eyes, it was well-covered--protected--by hardness. He took another step back. Away from her. Then, he turned his back and removed his robe. Marianna had a split-second's view of powerfully-built legs just as scarred as his back and chest before his skin was again covered with his Earth clothes. He turned around, and eyes averted and face grim, held the robe out to Marianna.

It was smooth, almost like fluid, in her hands, and noticeably warm. Not warm in the way that a piece of clothing is after it is removed from its wearer. Warm in the way that a hot drink warms from the inside out. Even as she held it in her hands, a pool of warmth bloomed in her center and spread outward, filling her with comfort and love. A strange love, unfelt yet experienced, distant yet ever-present.
As she slipped the garment over her, it transformed from a robe to fit an angel to a flowing blouse for a human woman. Pristine white--almost glowing--comfortable, and reminiscent of her best memories, it flowed over her body perfectly as though custom made for her.

While the heavenly garment was settling onto Marianna, Anahera had been busy. With one kick, he shunted the prone Shayton across the room until he smacked into the far wall by the bathroom door. Then he knelt and picked up one of the pieces of glass on the floor from when he had burst through two of the floor-to-ceiling windows. He used the piece to make a cut in his palm. With a slowly growing puddle of strangely-glistening blood in his cupped palm, Anahera stood and turned to Marianna, his chin locked. He didn't meet her eyes as he dipped a finger in the pool of blood and tapped it on the wounds, a fresh drop of angel blood on each one. He started on the visible ones, and when he finished with those, he continued on to the ones under her new shirt, but strangely, he didn't need to move the garment out of the way to see where he needed to space his finger. Without visual aid and without flinching, his finger went straight to each wound to make the subtle touch and withdraw. Her ribs, her sides, her chest, her shoulders, her back. He remained visually unchanged during the whole process, face emotionless, eyes down, posture stiff but not shy or wary. He worked industriously, only speaking to ask her to hold still or raise or lower her arms, each time in the same quiet, flat tone. As soon as the blood touched a wound, it tingled and then healed seamlessly, the blood absorbing into the skin and leaving it as unmarked as it was before Shayton had taken her.

When he was done, he turned back to Shayton... or rather, where Shayton would have been. If he hadn't escaped while Anahera had been focused on healing Marianna. The rage in his eyes was apparent, and his fists started to flicker with fire again, but he shook it off, walking to the broken window and looking out into the night. His wings flared as though he were going to fly, but then he looked back. Marianna couldn't make out the look on his face in the new-moon darkness, but the stiffness of his shoulders and the set of his law were enough. Without any warnings, he launched himself at her, swept her into his arms, and they were outside in the night, leaving the scents of leather, fine wood, and blood far behind them.

Anahera dropped onto the sidewalk in front of the apartment right in front of a group of smokers who's eyes only acknowledged the duo as they went inside the building. The night guard didn't react at all to a man with massive wings walking into the foyer and entering the "ABSOLUTELY PERMANENTLY FIXED" elevator. When they reached their floor, Anahera opened the door for Marianna, waited for her to enter, then turn back to see that he wasn't going to come in. "I'm going to return the gifts I was lent," he murmured and vanished with a flex of his wings.
He didn't come back to the apartment that night.

As the weeks passed spring began to had to summer, and Anahera no longer asked anything of her behavior, but he also wasn't around anymore. Her food was prepared and the house was cleaned all the same, but it was as though friendly elves were sneaking in while she was asleep to take care of you. If wasn't elves though. It was a sad, scared, and hurt angel who couldn't bear to see her but also couldn't bear to see her struggling or inconvenienced in any way. He became more of an invisible guardian angel than a roommate. His presence was felt but unseen outside of the apartment as well. In a swoop of barely-seen wings and barely-felt warm arms, she had been saved by being hit by an occupied driver while crossing the street, and the thief that ran off with her purse did a u-turn after a flash of gold and walked back, eyes distance. Once he returned the bag to MJ, he gave her a bright smile, wished her a good afternoon, and walked off.

The bimpettes at the restaurant complained nonstop about Anahera being unusually hostile toward them, and the kitchen staff kept coming to MJ, asking if something had happened to Anahera to make him avoid spending his off time in the kitchen, and her boss had multiple times asked if Anahera had overworked himself while "she had been sick" and now needed time off of his own. "He isn't a lackluster worker by any means," said their manager. "If anything, he is too focused. He seems... sad. The only thing that makes him react are Crystal, Candy, Kitty, or... your name. Asking as your friend and not your manager, is he okay?"
He had become withdrawn. Polite, gentle, caring, but not friendly or intimate. Business in the bistro rose as more and more young women came either to try to charm Anahera out of his depression or to ogle the graceful, stolid, silent, man that he had become. Marianna even heard a customer say to another as she bemoaned his lack of presence, "He's like a broken-hearted angel."
He slept on the roof of the apartment building in a cocoon of his own wings and would shoot into the sky without a word if Marianna tried to talk to him. There was only one thing in her room that he cleaned, and it was the photo of her family and her that she left on her dresser. Any texts or calls went unanswered.
The one time she had successfully cornered him, he had watched her with tight lips and half-lidded eyes until he'd had enough, when he simply said, "Stop," and then lifted her off her feet and out of his way so he could leave again.

The angelic garment had dissolved as soon as she had taken if off, but it left a remnant internal warmth that didn't leave for almost a week.

It had been weeks since Marianna had last seen Anahera. It was like he was never there. All of their late night talks and adventures had ended the day the alley attack happened. Although she was no longer under house arrest and she could go whenever and whereever she pleased, her heart still hurt for Anahera as a piece of her still wondered what he was doing and if he was actually taking care of herself. A dark cloud filled her head as she began to think about on all of her regrets between herself and Anahera's relationship. Anahera was not this perfect idolized man that could do no wrong like she originally thought. Although he was heavenly being, he had still seen many things, lost so many people and had the scars to prove it. He was just as much human as he was angel. He was perfectly imperfect and she was no better than those who left actually scars on his body.

She had hurt him so much worse. If only she had believed in him a little more, if only she hadn't said such hurtful words out of anger towards him. If only... if only she did not try and kill herself. She found herself going day by day through the motions of life. Going to work, walking home, eating supper and going to bed. She was constantly reminded of Anahera as her coworkers began to ask about Anahera's change of behavior and why they were no longer together anymore. They believed maybe he overworked himself and needed just as much of a break like she did when she was "sick". She had no answer other than that she didn't know for sure why, even when her manager would pull her aside to ask her himself.

She would leave him constant messages and calls to try and get him to talk to her again- but to no avail. When she did managed to corner him, he had no words to say to her and push her away, "Anahera, I'm begging you.. please talk to me. I'm so sorry about what has happened." She spoke in a choked sob, only to be halted with a simply "Stop." She felt she had lost a piece of her heart for once and for all as he left her alone again. She found herself beginning to call into work. She couldn't bare the questions about Anahera anymore for when she couldn't even mend his broken heart herself.

Later that day , unknowingly to MJ the twins, Lucia and Sylvia were making their way towards her apartment. They had a concert in the evening in Louistown and decided to stop and visit their favorite big sister! What was thought to be a surprise, would be much, much more it seemed. “Do you think Mari will be excited to see us Via?” hummed Lucia in quiet excitement. Lucia absolutely adored her sisters, and although she had not been able to see her biggest sister, Marianna much since she moved away for work and college, she still cared deeply for her and was sure to contact her as much as possible while Sylvia and herself traveled for shows. The duo would soon reach the door, one of the twins gently knocking at the colored door. Marianna answered the knocks, a huge shock to see her two younger sisters standing infront of her. "Via? Luci? What are you guys doing here?" She questioned before allowing the girls in. "Mari! It's so good to see you sis. Mom has been wondering how you were doing and why you haven't been answering your texts lately.." Lucia face filled with concerned as this was an unusual habit of Marianna as she did well to keep in touch with the family. "Don't tell me you're having boy troubles! Oh my gosh is it that guy you had us help you with your makeup for?!" Lucia squealed in excitement at the thought of her sister finally settling down, however she was still worried that maybe it wasn't such a good idea to be excited about the situation just yet.

Last edited:
That Tuesday afternoon, Anahera was on the roof when the blip in his protective field wemt off with two unfamiliar presences entering the apartment, and he was down the stairs and at the door to his... home? in seconds, prepared to make whoever had entered the apartment wish they had never been born.
When his eyes landed on the two females, he pulled up sharply. It was clear to him that they weren't an immediate threat. The more he looked at them, the more his brows knit together. There was no mistaking the shared features--not only between the duo but also with the woman he had been avoiding with all of his might.
Had any of the messages he had ignored been to let him know that her sisters were coming? It didn't matter now. They were here, and there wasn't anything he could do to escape it. He just hoped they left soon.
He shut the door behind him, his back flush to the metal, and flicked his eyes to her. Her eyes were trained on him, her face pale. After all the months that they had shared their friendship, Anahera had learned to read her expression. She was shocked and not just by his presence. She hadn't known the twins were coming either.
He forced his brows to relax and a warm, welcoming smile to light his face. He held out his hand. "Lucia and Sylvia Davis, I presume. I'm Anahera Ailesd'or, your sister's flatmate."

Sylvia reached out and took his hand, her eyes focused on the stranger's face. He was hot! Towering above her slight 5'5" frame, Sylvia had to crank her neck to properly view his handsome face. As for his body. GORGEOUS. She felt heat suffuse her cheeks after Mr. Hottie McHottiepants took her fingertips and gently shook them, his perfect smile broad and grey eyes kind. After Anahera released her hand from a handshake, she turned her back and caught her eldest sister's eye. She popped her eyes wide and mouthed, "Wow," while subtly fanning her face. What a catch!
Well, something did seem to be off. Mari's face was tight every time she looked at Anahera. There had to be something she and Luci were missing. Something more than simple tension between the two. Sylvia had learned after successful years running her sister's and her musician careers how to read body language, and both Anahera and Mari were locked up. Even though Anahera's face was relaxed, he was still nearly pressed against the door, and the muscles in his arms were flexed.
Sylvia's lips pursed, her eyes moving back and forth between her sister and her flatmate. Something had clearly happened between them, but Sylvia couldn't imagine what might have. What possible problem could anyone have with Mari?

"Well!" She broke the silence which was becoming unnatural, turning back toward Anahera and setting down her violin case and suitcase on the floor. "I know this is sudden, but Lucia and I have a violin concert on Sunday night as part of our East Coast 2022 Tour at the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts with the Louistown Orchestra. You've probably seen the posters. It's otherwise sold out," she fluffed her blond curls, "but Luci and I made sure to grab you two tickets in the best seats of the house and backstage passes. We had a reservation at the Brown Hotel, but it was dropped!" She pouted in frustration. "0/5 stars on Google to be sure." A moment later, her face lit up again. "Anyway! We didn't find out until today. We were already going to give you a surprise visit, but it made sense to Luci and I," she gestured at her sister, "that we can just stay with you! We'll only be here for a few days, and we'll stay out of your hair. We won't even be around that much! We have to familiarize ourselves with the venue and practice with the orchestra and practice ourselves!" She giggled. "We won't do that here though. Don't worry. We have reserved a practice room at the venue. We'll be here on our down time and for meals because we want to be around our sis! We'll sleep here but take care of our own bedding. We don't require much. This will be amazing!" She looked back and forth between their sudden hosts, beaming.

Anahera had stopped breathing as soon as the youngest Davis girl said she and her sister were staying, and his face only got tighter and tighter as she kept talking, his steely eyes on the woman across from him. "What a lovely surprise!" he said brightly, his face not changing a fraction. "Of course, a few things will need to be adjusted. While you two unpack what you need to, your sister and I need to do a little planning. Help yourself to anything in the fridge while we're gone."

He stepped forward and put his hand around his apparent co-host's shoulder, leading her from the apartment with the appearance of gentleness and the touch of control. It was the first time he had touched her since he had rescued her from Shayton weeks before. When the door was shut behind them, Anahera's hand dropped off her shoulder and, eyes hostile, said grimly, "Roof."
He followed behind the human up the flights until they reached the roof. Anahera shut the door behind them with a bang and stopped, arms crossed, before taking a few steps forward and thrusting his wings out. Without the required breeze, his wings didn't shimmer with gold, but they were still magnificent as they unfurled fully, each spanning over twenty feet, blocking out the view of the city behind them.

"What the hell are they doing here?" he growled.

Last edited:
Marianna was doing her best to collect her thoughts and decide on what to do with the sudden appearance with the twins, as well as Anahera's possible reaction to two strangers entering the home. Wait a minute.. he wasn't around to begin with so why would it mat- The sound of the door suddenly opened startled Marianna as she stared at the the man who stood at the door. He actually came back? Her face paled at the sight of his sudden appearance, as it was clear he didn't want to be there. She was a little taken aback as she noticed his change in body language as he introduced himself to her sisters. She did her best not to make her nervousness to clear to be read on her face. She watched quietly as her younger sisters shook the angel's hand, slightly rolling her eyes as her youngest sister, Sylvia commented on how much of a catch he was. Her face tightened as she still studied the angel's face, curious to why he came at all.
The silence after the introductions could almost cut paper until Sylvia spoke up and began to explain their visit.

"I know this is sudden, but Lucia and I have a violin concert on Sunday night as part of our East Coast 2022 Tour at the Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts with the Louistown Orchestra. You've probably seen the posters. It's otherwise sold out," she fluffed her blond curls, "but Luci and I made sure to grab you two tickets in the best seats of the house and backstage passes. We had a reservation at the Brown Hotel, but it was dropped!" She pouted in frustration. "0/5 stars on Google to be sure." A moment later, her face lit up again. "Anyway! We didn't find out until today. We were already going to give you a surprise visit, but it made sense to Luci and I," she gestured at her sister, "that we can just stay with you! We'll only be here for a few days, and we'll stay out of your hair. We won't even be around that much! We have to familiarize ourselves with the venue and practice with the orchestra and practice ourselves!" She giggled. "We won't do that here though. Don't worry. We have reserved a practice room at the venue. We'll be here on our down time and for meals because we want to be around our sis! We'll sleep here but take care of our own bedding. We don't require much. This will be amazing!" She looked back and forth between their sudden hosts, beaming.

"We couldn't wait to surprise you sis! We wanted to show you one of our newest songs!" She beamed alongside her sister. Lucia and definitely outgrown must of her shyness nature it seemed, thankfully due to their profession. Marianna did her best to turn her focus on the twins and gave them a half smile. "I'm really glad to see you guys, and thank you for the tickets. But.. ya'll really need to let me know or at least sometime to prepare for you guys." She slightly scolded lightly booping both the twins foreheads with her index finger.

"What a lovely surprise!"

Although Anahera gave off the impression of politeness she could tell by his body language that he was not pleased by the sudden visit. Her thoughts were confirmed once as Anahera gently put his hand on her shoulder. It was the first time he interacted with her, and touch her since coming back from Shayton's apartment. The familiar warmth that would have been usually comforting caused her heart to ache and tighten in her chest.

"Of course, a few things will need to be adjusted. While you two unpack what you need to, your sister and I need to do a little planning. Help yourself to anything in the fridge while we're gone."

She reluctedly followed Anahera out the apartment door as she did her best to give her sisters a welcoming smile. As soon as the door shut behind them, Anahera retracted his hand, the warmth leaving her immediately, he coldly mouth the words "roof" directing her to take the lead. She sighed and hurried up the steps towards the roof and as soon as the door was shut, she crossed her arms and starred up at Anahera. They were eye-to-eye, the once kind steel colored eyes that used to look at her so fondly were hard, cold and distant. Although he was so close, his heart was out of reach. She felt herself flinch out of habit as Anahera raised his voice in a growl, questioning the sudden visit. She bit her bottom lip hard before growling back, "I. Don't. Know." She avoided his gaze as she turned his back to him. Doing her best not to speak out of turn and question his disappearance and avoidance of her- she had no right. She knew she was the reason. "They wanted to see me.. I guess.. I hadn't been keeping touch with home lately." She muttered. Her focus then turned back to Anahera . She studied his expressions and body language. Marianna sighed once again as she looked down at her feet. "I know.. you don't want to be here, around me.. So why.. so why do you stay around? I don't get it." Her lips formed a thin line as her eyes down casted. "I'm sorry. For.. putting you in this situation. Once they leave, you can go back to.. whatever you've been doing. I won't bother you.. So, are we done here?" Her voice was flat as she did her best to remain calm, and unfazed by his coldness.

Last edited:
Anahera's crossed arms tightened, and he felt a lump in his throat spark up under her gaze which he quickly squashed with a flash of memories.

"I know.. you don't want to be here, around me.. So why.. so why do you stay around? I don't get it." Her lips thinned, and she looked down, and the damned lump was back, making it hard for him to breathe. "I'm sorry. For.. putting you in this situation. Once they leave, you can go back to.. whatever you've been doing. I won't bother you.. So, are we done here?"

He scoffed, looking away over the cozy suburbs. "Tell me, Marianna," he hadn't spoken her name in weeks, and it caught in his throat. Damn pain. Damn fear. Damn grief. Damn FEELINGS. "why do you think I'm here? So what if it's not safe for me to be around you? I still have a responsibility to you. If I break my lease, you'll be left to pay everything I've been covering for the last few months. I won't do that, even to you." He took a step forward, his breath picking up, and his wings arcing forward, starting to block the duo off from the rest of the world seemingly without him noticing. When he spoke, his voice was deeper, rasping. "You wouldn't have been in that alley if it weren't for me. Shayton locked onto you because of my connection to you. He especially wants you in order to get to me because," he breath hitched, eyes furious, "because he knows that you're my weakness." A moment's lock-jawed pause. "He isn't dead, and until he's either back in hell or destroyed from creation, he won't give up on having you. I," he swallowed with difficulty, "I was given a further assignment when I went back home. I'm now, officially, your guardian angel. I'm not going anywhere."

Last edited:
Hearing him finally speak her name in nearly weeks caused the ache in her heart to tighten even more, it almost hard to breathe.

"Why do you think I'm here? So what if it's not safe for me to be around you? I still have a responsibility to you. If I break my lease, you'll be left to be everything I've been covering for the last few months. I won't do that, even to you."

"I'm sorry okay.." Her voice was small and quiet, barely audible as she struggled to meet his eyes. She began to notice however as he stepped closer, his wings unconsciously began to surround the two, the closing distance began to become almost overwhelming as she began to realize just how long it had been sense he actually spoke to her and stayed in a close proximity to her.

"You wouldn't have been in that alley if it weren't for me. Shayton locked onto you because of my connection to you. He especially wants you in order to get to me because,"

"Because what, Anahera." His name sounded almost foreign on her tongue as waited for his reason for blame of all the past trauma.

"..because he knows that you're my weakness."

Her breathe caught as her eyes widen in surprise. She remembered the night of the attack in the alley when the demon had mentioned his weakness about her, and she felt stupid for not truly realizing sooner. It would have made sense now after his avoidance of her after the ball, after his overbearing protection of her after her attack. And now the betrayal of her words and near death after not trusting Anahera enough to save her in time. Her blush colored lips parted as if to get another word in when Anahera suddenly continued,

"He isn't dead, and until he's either back in hell or destroyed from creation, he won't give up on having you. I,

She studied his tighten expression and body language as he struggle to finish his sentence.

"I was given a further assignment when I went back home. I'm now, officially, your guardian angel. I'm not going anywhere."

She stared for a moment longer at Anahera as she saw his conflicted expressions about his tie to her. "So.. you were the one that saved me from getting hit by a car.. and getting robbed." She mumbled quietly before running her fingers through her auburn hair. Her honey-colored eyes darkened sadly as such apologized once again. "So that's it then. You're stuck with me.. whether you like it not. Anahera.. I know our relationship will not be the same.. but tell me... tell how we can just.. stop avoiding each other." She did her best to remain light-hearted as her heart continued to ache in protest against what her brain was trying to say over it.

Her heart begged for the relationship they had before, her brain still stung with fear of how he had hurt her. Although the bruises were no longer visible on her arms and the bruises on his heart could not be seen, they both needed time for their had trust in each other to heal, which in a way that only time could heal. "We don't have to hang out with each other anymore.. we don't have to do anything like that... just... come home.. even after the twins leave."

Last edited:
Sound for the post: Evermore

"We don't have to hang out with each other anymore.. we don't have to do anything like that... just... come home.. even after the twins leave."

Anahera's face tightened in pain, and he tilted his head to the right, down and forward, his wings rustling and closing in further as though to physically relay his internal chaos and need for comfort.

"Marianna, do you not understand how painful it is for me to be around you?" he rasped. "How much pain I feel every time I see you? How much pain I feel at the idea of you being at risk? Yes, being your guardian angel gives me more powers to help you, but I wouldn't leave you anyway. I don't want you to be alone, but being away... It's all I can manage. If I didn't stay away..." his eyes flicked over her face, resting just a moment too long on her parted lips,

Darcy-almost-kisses-Elizabeth-PP-2005.png

"it wouldn't be good for either of us. It's not like--" his hand started to rise as though to cup her face, but then he flinched and took several hasty steps backward, suddenly flaring out his wings. "I--I have to go." Without another word, he turned and launched into the air, the force of the the down beat of his wings blasting Marianna backward.

Last edited:
Back