Kin no Keifu

Genealogy of Gold
In which a being of higher power, of a power they think is far better than humans', is brought to their level by the sudden discovery of names appearing on their arms. They're the names of humans they're going to die with.

And, to make matters worse, one arm has those destined to kill them. Of course, there's no telling the difference. Now how in hell were they meant to figure out which was which?!

You're going to have to be slightly more detailed than that. From what I gain, this being suddenly has names appearing on his arms, including the name of the one that's going to kill this being. I've got some questions.

Firstly, what's the purpose of this roleplay? Do we play as the humans whose names are on this being's arms? What's the goal that we're setting out to achieve with this plot?

Secondly, assuming that this is set in modern times, how is this being going to deal with and interact with the named humans?

All in all, I think you have a good starting point. However, I'd like to see more details.

Sorry. I've become accustomed to writing out vague things. My family uses them too much in general. And it doesn't have to be just one person on the murderer list. It could be a sort of group effort.

To be honest, I haven't planned who the characters would be too much. It seems a little OP to make the character with the names a player, as they could pretty much run the entire thread and any hiatus on their end might bring it to a lengthened pause. Better off to make xir an NPC everyone could control the actions of to a degree (as long as they don't write extremely out of character). Far as I can tell, the goal would be getting your name off the being's arms and/or befriending xir enough that you can throw off the scent and buy some time to figure out the first part, as there's a chance xe might kill everyone with those names and be done with it in an attempt to subvert a prediction.

My initial idea for the interaction was that the being would be hostile until realising that maybe attacking openly would lead to death for xir. Tension would still be high, though, and xe be trying to figure out just who is the enemy and who isn't. Interacting with xir would be forced, in a way. It was a headcanon that being so associated with humans would get the being booted from xir home, and one that I forgot to point out. Sorry about that. Xe'd be forced to live on whatever xe could and have to stay wherever they could, although close enough that xe could keep an eye on the people on their list. Xe'd also have to analyse the current technology and lifestyles to avoid being seen as a threat or being noticed by everyone, as it'd be very different from whatever they have.

Thank you for pointing that out. I'll try to add more detail the next time I make an interest check.

Ah, I see. Now that's it's a bit more concrete, I think your idea is pretty nice. If you ever need to brainstorm, you can always message me, though I don't know as of now if I can commit yet. Perhaps when my exams are over.

And yes, details help pull people into the ideas that you create. Sometimes just a bit more can flesh things out a lot :)

Back