1000 years after the end Races

Drakey

A shape-shifting Dragon God
This thread I for races that have been approved by Myself, Drakey, or a group of two or more GMs. Being the main GM, I hold any and all power to veto a race from this list. The beginning race are as follows:

Goblins - Tribal
Medium genetic instability

Gnomes - Villages
low genetic instability

Imps - Individual
High genetic instability

Lizardmen - Tribal
medium genetic instability

Kobolds (the dog kind) - feudal (think feudal Japan)
Low genetic instability

Gnolls - Tribal
High genetic instability

Sirens - Family oriented (Tribal)
medium genetic instability

Most Races are like there usual depictions. Sirens can very (sometimes greatly) depending on their Family group. (Sirens were created by MJK2431; as such all depictions of them that vary from the standard must be ran by her and another GM. If I deem the variation too great, then limitations may be imposed on that character, or said character may be vetoed.)

Aarakocra

(suggested by @Degadoodle )

Description:

From below, aarakocra look much like large birds. Only when they descend to roost on a branch or walk across the ground does their humanoid appearance reveal itself. Standing upright, aarakocra might reach 5 feet tall, and they have long, narrow legs that taper to sharp talons.

Feathers cover their bodies. Their plumage typically denotes membership in a tribe. Males are brightly colored, with feathers of red, orange, or yellow. Females have more subdued colors, usually brown or gray. Their heads complete the avian appearance, being something like a parrot or eagle with distinct tribal variations.

Mannerisms:

The resemblance of aarakocra to birds isn’t limited to physical features. Aarakocra display many of the same mannerisms as ordinary birds. They are fastidious about their plumage, frequently tending their feathers, cleaning and scratching away any tiny passengers they might have picked up. When they deign to descend from the sky, they often do so near pools where they can catch fish and bathe themselves.

Many aarakocra punctuate their speech with chirps, sounds they use to convey emphasis and to shade meaning, much as a human might through facial expressions and gestures. An aarakocra might become frustrated with people who fail to pick up on the nuances; an aarakocra’s threat might be taken as a jest and vice versa.

The idea of ownership baffles most aarakocra. After all, who owns the sky? Even when explained to them, they initially find the notion of ownership mystifying. As a result, aarakocra who have little interaction with other people might be a nuisance as they drop from the sky to snatch livestock or plunder harvests for fruits and grains. Shiny, glittering objects catch their eyes.

They find it hard not to pluck the treasure and bring it back to their settlement to beautify it. An aarakocra who spends years among other races can learn to inhibit these impulses.

Confinement terrifies the aarakocra. To be grounded, trapped underground, or imprisoned by the cold, unyielding earth is a torment few aarakocra can withstand. Even when perched on a high branch or at rest in their mountaintop homes, they appear alert, with eyes moving and bodies ready to take flight.

Where they live:

Aarakocra live in all high places. Mainly, the Rocky Mountains. They live in small family groups, hardly ever exceeding 30 members at a time.

Additional Info:

They reach maturity at the age of 3 and live up to the age of 30.

Their plumage both shows what family they are from and what climate they were raised in.

For additional info, please pm myself, Drakey, and Degadoodle

Back