Side Story RAD!

"Extra credit? Kids these days... You know, back in my day, when we got a grade, that was that, and if it wasn't what we wanted, then that just meant we didn't study hard enough, so that'd kick us into gear to do better next time," Buddy said as they came into contact with Fellbottom.

"And that's why I became a movie stuntman instead of a doctor like my parents wanted."

Clearing his throat, Buddy went on. "Anyway, yeah, what they said," he continued, gesturing toward Ireena and Link. "We're not students, but we were hoping to have a moment of your time, if you could spare us, sir."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva @College

Fellbottom's face seemed to lit up when he recognized Ireena and Link. "Oh of course! I remember you! How joyful to see you again." Fellbottom gave Buddy a curious look. "Well if you came here in the middle of the Summer it has to be important. Does it involve what we spoke about yesterday evening?"

@Takumi @Minerva @Ver @AisleyCollege

"Robots?" Steelheart asked curiously. "Oh, right. I understand. Like entertainment? Yes. There doesn't seem to be anything like that." As Sophie mentioned the old man Steelheart tried her best to look casually over. "He seems like a regular old man. What got you to think that?"

@Capri

@Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Space_Candy

Fellbottom's face seemed to lit up when he recognized Ireena and Link. "Oh of course! I remember you! How joyful to see you again." Fellbottom gave Buddy a curious look. "Well if you came here in the middle of the Summer it has to be important. Does it involve what we spoke about yesterday evening?"

"Robots?" Steelheart asked curiously. "Oh, right. I understand. Like entertainment? Yes. There doesn't seem to be anything like that." As Sophie mentioned the old man Steelheart tried her best to look casually over. "He seems like a regular old man. What got you to think that?"

@Capri

@Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Space_Candy

Link had given Ireena a small nod when she looked to him, before Fellbottom greeted the three.

"It's nice to see you again despite the circumstances, and yes it does. After talking to you the other day and not hearing any birds this morning we felt that we should come speak to you again." He replied.

@Jeremi @Ver @Minerva @College

Buddy nodded toward Link, affirming what he said to Fellbottom. "Yeah. We were hoping if you could elaborate on what you know about these... missing birds. Any possible leads or something like that. Guess you could say we're amateur sleuths on the case. People might not take it seriously, but missing birds is a serious problem!" He exclaimed. From anyone else, his latter sentence might have sounded like sarcasm, but this was Animal Man talking here.

"Especially 'cause, uh..." Buddy cleared his throat. "We're not exactly from around here, so if you're willing to indulge, you'll be doing some good work as our eyes around campus, the neighborhood, you know."

Fellbottom nodded slowly as both Link and Buddy spoke up. "I see, I see...yes I am sorry but I really don't know what else to share. I am still in the process to try and figure it out myself an- oh?" As he spoke the man spotted Sam and gave him a look over. "Oh! You're Sam Yoshida are you not? Your sister Sarah is a student her, correct?"

"Uh, yeah that's right, sir," Sam nodded.

"I thought I saw her earlier today but,"

"Yeah sorry but can you go back to the dead birds?" Sam tried to steer the man back and the remark seemed to catch Fellbottom aback a little.

"O-oh right, right. As your friends know my colleague might have had something more on this, but he's out on conference...and..." He looks to the side towards another hallway. "I don't feel happy looking into his office when he's away."

Fellbottom nodded slowly as both Link and Buddy spoke up. "I see, I see...yes I am sorry but I really don't know what else to share. I am still in the process to try and figure it out myself an- oh?" As he spoke the man spotted Sam and gave him a look over. "Oh! You're Sam Yoshida are you not? Your sister Sarah is a student her, correct?"

"Uh, yeah that's right, sir," Sam nodded.

"I thought I saw her earlier today but,"

"Yeah sorry but can you go back to the dead birds?" Sam tried to steer the man back and the remark seemed to catch Fellbottom aback a little.

"O-oh right, right. As your friends know my colleague might have had something more on this, but he's out on conference...and..." He looks to the side towards another hallway. "I don't feel happy looking into his office when he's away."

I noticed other animals were missing as well." Ireena said, speaking up. "There weren't any bats, thank Markovia, but the lack of foxes and deer in the woods seemed... odd to me." She looked down at the ground and kicked her foot back and forth. To the mention of the office, she turned her head towards the dark hallway and then back to the ground, muttering something under her breath.

@Ver @Takumi

"Ugh. What I wouldn't give to have a Justice League membership card or something on hand right about now," Buddy breathed to himself as Fellbottom seemed to display hesitation about his supposed colleague. Not that the JLI was like a country club that he could wave around whenever he pleased, but it would probably save him a lot of time in the long run.

Running a hand through his blonde hair, the man spoke again. "But... listen, man. You and I both know this is a serious issue. I mean, you love animals, right? So do I. Used to be like, part of the in crowd with PETA. You know, before they..." Buddy waved his hands in a spastic manner, before clearing his throat.

"Anyway, my point is, animals are very dear to me, sir. And I want you to believe that I intend on doing everything in my power to get to the bottom of this, and we could really use your help," he said, clasping his hands together. "So, if you can't fetch him out of conference or tell us when he'll be stepping out, the next best thing would be to direct us to where his office is. And look, I'm a family man, I get it. Privacy's real important, especially when you got people and things to protect, so I promise, we won't stick our noses in his personal affairs. Don't even know his name anyway, you know? So we'd make some pretty piss-poor spies if that were the case."

Beat.

"So, will ya help us? For the birds?"

The group could notice that the more they pushed the more Fellbottom seemed to get anxious with sweat starting to fun down his forehead. "I-I understand a-and animals are dear to me as well. But as I said...I don't feel...comfortable going into his office when he's...he's away."

Sam proceeded to roll his eyes. "Look I don't think none of us really care about that so if your colleague has something that might help us then well..." With that Sam started to make his way towards the corridor that Fellbottom had looked down to. All the while Fellbottom's face seemed to have lost all color and looked like he was going to fall over at any moment.

"N-No! Please..." As Sam was almost at the door Fellbottom charged at the boy trying to tackle him to the ground. "Don't open that door!"

@Ver @Takumi @Minerva @College

Rffle.

Channeling the strength of a gorilla, Buddy swiftly reached out, and before Fellbottom could lay a finger on Sam, the man would find himself choking on his own shirt as Buddy had grabbed a hold of him from behind, stopping him in his tracks. "You know, if you'd just been on your way, you might have gotten way with us thinking you were just concerned about your pal's privacy, but... well, remind me never to play poker with you, friend," the hero sighed, maintaining a tight grip on him to make sure he didn't slither away now.

"Now I'm even more curious to see what your guy's got hidden, but it must be big if you're willing to hurt a kid for that," Buddy said, walking forward with Fellbottom in tow, following Sam toward the door. His movements and the way he spoke, it was so casual, but Buddy was of course used to these kinds of deceptions by now. It came with the job of being a superhero, after all, but at least now, he was able to drop pretenses if Fellbottom was going to do the same.

"Now, then... Shall we get going, Sam? Gang?"

Ireena looked down the dark hallway past the group. "I'll... stay out here and keep watch in case someone else objects to our work here." She said, a slight uneasiness in her voice. "Just in case something happens." She put her hand on the sword. She shook her head. "I'm sorry to leave you standing like this, Sir Buddy. I will be at your beck and call should you require me."

@Ver @Jeremi @Takumi

Fellbottom fought in vain against Buddy's grip as Sam continued on to open the door to the study. "NO!" Fellbottom's final cry as the door was pushed open.

Sam's reaction was to stand mouth agape for a few moments before sheepishly moving behind the door and puking up his breakfast.

The first thing that caught their attention was the smell. A gross metallic smell went up their nostrils as they took in the scene in front of them. It looked like a tornado had gone through the room as everything from bookshelves and the ornate wooden desk in the middle of the room were in shambles with blood splatter covering the walls and the floor.

There was however no sign of any body inside. Fellbottom meanwhile was sobbing uncontrollably in Buddy's grasp.

Fellbottom fought in vain against Buddy's grip as Sam continued on to open the door to the study. "NO!" Fellbottom's final cry as the door was pushed open.

Sam's reaction was to stand mouth agape for a few moments before sheepishly moving behind the door and puking up his breakfast.

The first thing that caught their attention was the smell. A gross metallic smell went up their nostrils as they took in the scene in front of them. It looked like a tornado had gone through the room as everything from bookshelves and the ornate wooden desk in the middle of the room were in shambles with blood splatter covering the walls and the floor.

There was however no sign of any body inside. Fellbottom meanwhile was sobbing uncontrollably in Buddy's grasp.

He had been more than ready to possibly shoulder bash the Professor, but luckily Buddy had stepped in quickly before Sam could of been hurt.

The smell from the office caused Link's nose to scrunch a moment as his gaze swept the room, taking in the awful sight before them.

"What happened?" It was a simple question that held weight to it. Fellbottom knew something even if he didn't know everything that was going on in this town. There was no body, and if that were the case then Fellbottom should know where it may be.

Link turned to look at Fellbottom as he sobbed, the teen's face was unreadable as he took the man in.

He had been more than ready to possibly shoulder bash the Professor, but luckily Buddy had stepped in quickly before Sam could of been hurt.

The smell from the office caused Link's nose to scrunch a moment as his gaze swept the room, taking in the awful sight before them.

"What happened?" It was a simple question that held weight to it. Fellbottom knew something even if he didn't know everything that was going on in this town. There was no body, and if that were the case then Fellbottom should know where it may be.

Link turned to look at Fellbottom as he sobbed, the teen's face was unreadable as he took the man in.

The smell didn't faze Ireena at all. Coming from Barovia, poungent smells of death were common.

She peered inside. "Do you guys need he-?" She asked, stepping in. It was almost as if something, or someone, had exploded, covering the office in blood.

"lp..." Her face grew dour and dark and she paused in her speech. This was brutal, even for Barovia. She quickly retreated back outside the room silently.

@Ver @Jeremi @University​

As Sam finally opened this door that Fellbottom was so eager to keep hidden, Buddy gritted his teeth as he instinctively used his free hand to plug his own nose to protect from the smell of whatever lay inside. Good thing he wasn't channeling the smelling sense of a dog at that moment, or he probably would have followed Sam's example and puked right then and there.

Still, for better or for worse, he was a superhero after all, and it was his job to deal with exactly this kind of situation. Because who else was gonna take care of it? The police?

His grip on Fellbottom tightened, partially due to the sheer tension in the area and partially because he imagined the man had something to do with this terrible scene. "Alright, buster, looks like you've got a lot of explaining to do," he growled through gritted teeth, trying his best not to be fazed by the other man seeming to break down into tears.

"What did you do...?!"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva @University

As Sam finally opened this door that Fellbottom was so eager to keep hidden, Buddy gritted his teeth as he instinctively used his free hand to plug his own nose to protect from the smell of whatever lay inside. Good thing he wasn't channeling the smelling sense of a dog at that moment, or he probably would have followed Sam's example and puked right then and there.

Still, for better or for worse, he was a superhero after all, and it was his job to deal with exactly this kind of situation. Because who else was gonna take care of it? The police?

His grip on Fellbottom tightened, partially due to the sheer tension in the area and partially because he imagined the man had something to do with this terrible scene. "Alright, buster, looks like you've got a lot of explaining to do," he growled through gritted teeth, trying his best not to be fazed by the other man seeming to break down into tears.

"What did you do...?!"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva @University
"I... I don't think he did this." Ireena said, stepping back into the room again. She analyzed the books on the shelf, and quietly looked around the room itself. "This was clearly the work of something... not human. I-I should know because it's somewhat reminiscent of what happens in... Barovia." She gestured towards Fellbottom and moved her hand towards Sam. "Clearly people here are living in fear of whatever thing did..." She waved her arms around the mess that covered everything. "this."

She put her hand on the sword, gripping it tightly, a fierce expression forming on her face. "I, Ireena Kolyana of Barovia, swear to find whatever's responsible and slay it."

@Takumi @Jeremi

"I... I don't think he did this." Ireena said, stepping back into the room again. She analyzed the books on the shelf, and quietly looked around the room itself. "This was clearly the work of something... not human. I-I should know because it's somewhat reminiscent of what happens in... Barovia." She gestured towards Fellbottom and moved her hand towards Sam. "Clearly people here are living in fear of whatever thing did..." She waved her arms around the mess that covered everything. "this."

She put her hand on the sword, gripping it tightly, a fierce expression forming on her face. "I, Ireena Kolyana of Barovia, swear to find whatever's responsible and slay it."

@Takumi @Jeremi

His own gaze had slowly swept the room again, even as he was trying nit to focus on the awful smell.

"Even if he didn't do this, he may know something on what happened here." Link replied as he glanced to Ireena, before glancing back to Fellbottom.

Ireena found the books weren't of much interest. They were mostly about biology in its different forms.

Fellbottom was still sobbing uncontrollably but Buddy's sharp voice snapped him back to reality. "I-I knew...I knew something had happened but...I." Snot was running down his nose and the tears were staining the floor from where he was restrained. "It was like a fog over my head like I couldn't...couldn't." As he said that it felt that he for the first time saw the group for what they were. "W-what are you?"

Sam was meanwhile still dry heaving as Ireena placed her hand on him. "I- urp I'm okay. That was just...that was a lot."

Scrappy Doo

Scrappy was surprised that nobody in the town would want to read the books and he was thankful for his disguise, even if it wasn't the best one he had ever made. " Excuse me, Miss Librarian lady, do you have a book on the town history? I'm doing a project for school and wanted to know about stuff."

@Jeremi @Library

The old lady looked around curiously at the voice before leaning over the counter to find the speaker. "Why of course, young man! My it's always nice to see the young be interested at our great towns history!" She motioned down the right path of the library. "You'll find what you're looking for down the hall over there! We have a special section for Eagleville so it's not hard to find. Good luck on your school project!"

@Lucky @Library

Scrappy Doo

Scrappy was surprised that his disguise had worked- even though he shouldn't have as it always did back home. " Yes, it's really important to learn about the town's history from a young age. At least that's what my uncle and momma always say." He would head down the right path and look for the special second about Eagleville that the librarian had mentioned, but not before shouting back. " Thank you for the help."

@Jeremi

Back