Side Story RAD!

“Oh, I can stay here too, if that’s needed.” Pippi smiled rather happily as she spoke. She would be more than happy to spend a night in such an interesting looking house like this! “This wouldn’t even be the worst place I stayed the night! Once, my father and I spent the night in a lion’s den! That was fun!”

She looked to the others, who said they’d also stay. “We could turn it into a sleepover! I’m sure there’s lots of stuff to do out here!”

@Everyone @Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva @Ver

Jem simply watched as the others spoke amongst themselves, listening thoroughly. When someone mentioned disguises she perked up, knowing that well- though the others wouldn't be so easy to hide- she thought for a moment, Synergy probably wouldn't be able to add a hologram to all of them. She frowned in thought as the conversation continued, her glance resting on the talking dog- causing her to blink in shock.

"I could send a friend to help," she smiled- she meant Jerrica, who would fit in- after all she was just normal looking compared to the crowd.

"I can get her, and she could go with you- one moment," she smiled before leaving the treehouse.

"Show's over Synergy!"

7a94a4527e941de691070395f821997a.gif

She then climbed back up, before creating a hologram of Jem waving from the ground.

"Hello! I'm Jerrica Benton, I was told you needed some help!"

@Jeremi @Anyone

SOPHIE WALTEN
@Jeremi @Space_Candy @EveryoneElse

Sophie had only briefly heard Sam’s comments about “maybe not investigating”, which just spurred her to leave faster.

But… there was something. Something… off… she couldn’t put her finger on it. It made her stay.

View attachment 10299

She loitered outside the clubhouse. Her thoughts forming, trying to remember why. Why is she feeling this way. Memories of her mom, her dad, her siblings, Jenny, everyone she knew. It broke down and coagulated into one thick ball of emotion and fuzzy memories.

Sophie wanted to cry, but the tears never came. Not for a lack of trying, she just… couldn’t. It’s like the tears weren’t there. Like the chokes died in her throat.

There’s something… wrong… here. Something very wrong. Grimlock is one example, god that thing is mortifying. Second is Sam’s insistence he “conjured up” everyone. If she were a child’s imagination Sophie would have prayers for the child if she were religious.

The Third happened just now. Jem transforming back into Jerrica Benton. Sophie was bewildered but had no intention on commenting. She’s just tired. She’s just done. She wants to go home. She wants to play games with Jenny.

She got up and then sat again, this time against the side of the cabin.

Deep breaths, Sophie. You’ll get through this.

“Oh, I can stay here too, if that’s needed.” Pippi smiled rather happily as she spoke. She would be more than happy to spend a night in such an interesting looking house like this! “This wouldn’t even be the worst place I stayed the night! Once, my father and I spent the night in a lion’s den! That was fun!”

She looked to the others, who said they’d also stay. “We could turn it into a sleepover! I’m sure there’s lots of stuff to do out here!”

Jem simply watched as the others spoke amongst themselves, listening thoroughly. When someone mentioned disguises she perked up, knowing that well- though the others wouldn't be so easy to hide- she thought for a moment, Synergy probably wouldn't be able to add a hologram to all of them. She frowned in thought as the conversation continued, her glance resting on the talking dog- causing her to blink in shock.

"I could send a friend to help," she smiled- she meant Jerrica, who would fit in- after all she was just normal looking compared to the crowd.

"I can get her, and she could go with you- one moment," she smiled before leaving the treehouse.

"Show's over Synergy!"

7a94a4527e941de691070395f821997a.gif

She then climbed back up, before creating a hologram of Jem waving from the ground.

"Hello! I'm Jerrica Benton, I was told you needed some help!"

@Jeremi @Anyone
Ireena nodded. “If we are to have this sleepover, as you call it, I will take first watch this evening.” She said, grabbing her hilt. “I may not be the strongest fighter, but my brother Kolyan has trained me in the art of swordplay enough to defend myself from whatever lurks in the dark.”
She stared at the hologram Jem produced in awe. She clapped her hands together. Most magic in Barovia was either dark or used for healing, and technology was non-existent except for the occasional flintlock that made its way through the Mists. “Amazing! You must be a very skilled Illusion Mage to be able to do something like that, Lady Benton.” She said giving a graceful bow.​

Her cheeks flushed a light pink as the others spoke, the seen right through her- but she swallowed the lump in her throat. There was a talking dog, she wasn't the only thing not right in their group. Jerrica was starting to think she wasn't in her own world anymore.

EFghl9MU4AYRpZU.jpg

"That didn't go as planned," she spoke, placing her hands on her hips. But, she didn't feel in danger- she had a feeling the child knew all of them in a way she didn't know.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Capri @Everyone

Most of them seemed keen on staying, which didn't seem to mind Sam much. "No...sure...no that's probably for the best." He looked over to regular Jerrica. "Oh sure yeah I mean, I suppose people wouldn't think too much about you since you're just like," He motioned his hands towards her. "A girl. You'll have to ride on the back of the bike though if you're coming with."

Sam thought for a moment before speaking to the others. "There's a KFC just outside of town if you really REALLY need something to eat. You just-" He opened the door and motioned towards the dirt path. "Just follow this and you get to the main road and follow the signs into Eagleville. It's about, like...maybe two? Miles so you could walk it." Then he leaned back. "It'll get dark when night comes but uuh I think you're good enough to set up a fire if you need one, right? I'll come back tomorrow morning as soon as I can so that we can figure all of this out."

He started to head towards the bike before he turned around again. "A-any questions? 'Cause I really gotta be going right now."

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi @Space_Candy

Scrappy Doo

" Nope, I can't think of any questions right now. I'll see you in the morning,"
he replied, making sure to wave goodbye and then waited for Sam to go out of view and out of ear shot as well. " I think we should go into town and investigate and see if anything strange is happening. Most bad guys like to work at night when most people are asleep." He didn't wait for the rest of the group before he walked to head to town to look into strange night happenings.

@Jeremi @Everyone​

Most of them seemed keen on staying, which didn't seem to mind Sam much. "No...sure...no that's probably for the best." He looked over to regular Jerrica. "Oh sure yeah I mean, I suppose people wouldn't think too much about you since you're just like," He motioned his hands towards her. "A girl. You'll have to ride on the back of the bike though if you're coming with."

Sam thought for a moment before speaking to the others. "There's a KFC just outside of town if you really REALLY need something to eat. You just-" He opened the door and motioned towards the dirt path. "Just follow this and you get to the main road and follow the signs into Eagleville. It's about, like...maybe two? Miles so you could walk it." Then he leaned back. "It'll get dark when night comes but uuh I think you're good enough to set up a fire if you need one, right? I'll come back tomorrow morning as soon as I can so that we can figure all of this out."

He started to head towards the bike before he turned around again. "A-any questions? 'Cause I really gotta be going right now."

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi @Space_Candy
Scrappy Doo

" Nope, I can't think of any questions right now. I'll see you in the morning,"
he replied, making sure to wave goodbye and then waited for Sam to go out of view and out of ear shot as well. " I think we should go into town and investigate and see if anything strange is happening. Most bad guys like to work at night when most people are asleep." He didn't wait for the rest of the group before he walked to head to town to look into strange night happenings.

@Jeremi @Everyone
Well, Ireena couldn't actually disagree with the small Gnoll child's logic. He was right: Monsters DID tend to attack at night. Strahd's arrivals into town frequently occurred at night, as did the attacks by wolves that lead to her father's heart attack.

"Perhaps if we are to stay here this evening, it would be best if we got food while out." She said, looking out into the forest. She placed her hand on her sword instinctively. "If something occurs tonight, we should not face it on an empty stomach."​

"A sleepover?" Link questioned, seeing Pippi's excitement and meeting it with a brief look of curiosity.

Ireena nodded. “If we are to have this sleepover, as you call it, I will take first watch this evening.” She said, grabbing her hilt. “I may not be the strongest fighter, but my brother Kolyan has trained me in the art of swordplay enough to defend myself from whatever lurks in the dark.”
She stared at the hologram Jem produced in awe. She clapped her hands together. Most magic in Barovia was either dark or used for healing, and technology was non-existent except for the occasional flintlock that made its way through the Mists. “Amazing! You must be a very skilled Illusion Mage to be able to do something like that, Lady Benton.” She said giving a graceful bow.​

Her cheeks flushed a light pink as the others spoke, the seen right through her- but she swallowed the lump in her throat. There was a talking dog, she wasn't the only thing not right in their group. Jerrica was starting to think she wasn't in her own world anymore.

EFghl9MU4AYRpZU.jpg

"That didn't go as planned," she spoke, placing her hands on her hips. But, she didn't feel in danger- she had a feeling the child knew all of them in a way she didn't know.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Capri @Everyone

Ireena almost gave the impression of a knight. Though, of a knight from an unknown place, since Link didn't recognize any crests or specific pictures engraved into her armor or anything.

"If you take first watch, I can take the second." Link offered. It wouldn't be fair if Ireena stayed up all night while they slept. At least the really young ones shouldn't have to stay up all night.

When asked about questions, Link shook his head with a light frown.

"I don't have any questions, just get home before your folks start to worry, and we'll meet up tomorrow." He replied, not wanting Sam to get in trouble with his parents for staying out too late.

@Jeremi @Ver @Minerva @Lucky @Space_Candy @Jackythejack @Everyone

Scrappy Doo

" I'm a puppy. But thanks for agreeing with me,"
he replied, about to point out that he didn't need any food when his stomach would growl. " Yeah, maybe we can get some food and explore a bit and get here before Sam gets back in the morning."

@Jeremi @Ver @Minerva @Space_Candy @Jackythejack @Takumi @Everyone

Last edited:
"KFC... Yeah, thanks. I'll be sure to keep that in mind," Buddy said disingenuously to Sam, not at all actually intent on keeping that in mind. He was, of course, rather against eating chicken, and though he might be able to feasibly live off the mashed potatoes or whatever sides they had there, the man could only hope that he would be able to make do without that.

With that all out of the way, it seemed that it was as good a time as any to sit down and gather one's own bearings. Usually, Buddy was indeed a man of action, but in this sort of situation, he'd have to be more conscientious about it. There was a lot to take in; being taken into a world where his costume, let alone his powers, would make him stick out like a sore thumb, and he probably looked more normal compared to the others in this little entourage, all of whom seemed to be in the same boat as him.

"I think we're all good here. Go on home, kid, we can take care of ourselves. Your folks'll probably be worried sick if you're out too long," Buddy said presumptuously.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Minerva @Jackythejack @Space_Candy @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Everybody

"A sleepover?" Link questioned, seeing Pippi's excitement and meeting it with a brief look of curiosity.

Ireena almost gave the impression of a knight. Though, of a knight from an unknown place, since Link didn't recognize any crests or specific pictures engraved into her armor or anything.

"If you take first watch, I can take the second." Link offered. It wouldn't be fair if Ireena stayed up all night while they slept. At least the really young ones shouldn't have to stay up all night.

When asked about questions, Link shook his head with a light frown.

"I don't have any questions, just get home before your folks start to worry, and we'll meet up tomorrow." He replied, not wanting Sam to get in trouble with his parents for staying out too late.

@Jeremi @Ver @Minerva @Lucky @Space_Candy @Jackythejack @Everyone

Scrappy Doo

" I'm a puppy. But thanks for agreeing with me,"
he replied, about to point out that he didn't need any food when his stomach would growl. " Yeah, maybe we can get some food and explore a bit and get here before Sam gets back in the morning."

@Jeremi @Ver @Minerva @Space_Candy @Jackythejack @Takumi @Everyone
"KFC... Yeah, thanks. I'll be sure to keep that in mind," Buddy said disingenuously to Sam, not at all actually intent on keeping that in mind. He was, of course, rather against eating chicken, and though he might be able to feasibly live off the mashed potatoes or whatever sides they had there, the man could only hope that he would be able to make do without that.

With that all out of the way, it seemed that it was as good a time as any to sit down and gather one's own bearings. Usually, Buddy was indeed a man of action, but in this sort of situation, he'd have to be more conscientious about it. There was a lot to take in; being taken into a world where his costume, let alone his powers, would make him stick out like a sore thumb, and he probably looked more normal compared to the others in this little entourage, all of whom seemed to be in the same boat as him.

"I think we're all good here. Go on home, kid, we can take care of ourselves. Your folks'll probably be worried sick if you're out too long," Buddy said presumptuously.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Minerva @Jackythejack @Space_Candy @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Everybody

Very well then. I will wake you when your turn comes.” Ireena said with a nod. She then turned to the children, and back to Link. “Children should not worry themselves so long as we’re here.” She gave a small smile.

Indeed, you should return home. It can be worrying for parents when their child is out without reason, Especially in this time of disappearances and paranoia.” She confirmed Animal Man’s statements.

@Jeremi @everyone​

"Okay," Sam nodded as he finally got on his bike. "I'll see you guys in the morning...geez, that would confirm I'm crazy. Jerrica you coming?" After some quick acrobatics in trying to get Jerrica to sit comfortably on the back of the bike, the duo would make a hasty retreat and they vanished down the dirt path and finally, out of sight.

Steelheart was standing arms-crossed looking at the boy vanish up the trail. "So to recap, we are stranded on Earth. A past Earth for some and meeting a boy who believes there is something sinister going on in his little town. My question is now then. What's next for us? Other than potential missing people? I can personally survive without food but," She looked at some of the gathered children and little dogs among them. "But that is not true for all of us."

Steelheart then went back to the board before then moving to the window. "We'll probably have to start a fire outside as well, I believe it's summertime but that doesn't mean the nights won't get cold."

Last edited:
SOPHIE WALTEN
@Jeremi @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi @Space_Candy

Sophie saw Sam leave the cabin. A lump formed in her throat for reasons she doesn't know.

She got up and re-entered the cabin in a way that would make her not noticeable, entirely positioning herself into a corner and sitting there in a ball. There was very clear distress, even the least observant person would notice Sophie's poor mental health state.

But she felt like she wanted to comment.

View attachment 10314

"A-are we s-sure we wanna d-do this?" Sophie said, her voice trembling, "I-... I mean... i-investigating... all... all this..."

The 22-year-old's pills are wearing off. Her face is as pale as a sheet and she's sweating bullets. She doesn't want to be involved, but a part of her truly believes she has to be involved.​

Very well then. I will wake you when your turn comes.” Ireena said with a nod. She then turned to the children, and back to Link. “Children should not worry themselves so long as we’re here.” She gave a small smile.

Indeed, you should return home. It can be worrying for parents when their child is out without reason, Especially in this time of disappearances and paranoia.” She confirmed Animal Man’s statements.

@Jeremi @everyone​

"Alright then." Link nodded in understanding.

"No, they shouldn't. Hopefully, the night goes smoothly." He sighed out and scratched his scalp momentarily. Either way, it felt like it might be a long night.

"Okay," Sam nodded as he finally got on his bike. "I'll see you guys in the morning...geez, that would confirm I'm crazy. Jerrica you coming?" After some quick acrobatics in trying to get Jerrica to sit comfortably on the back of the bike, the duo would make a hasty retreat and they vanished down the dirt path and finally, out of sight.

Steelheart was standing arms-crossed looking at the boy vanish up the trail. "So to recap, we are stranded on Earth. A past Earth for some and meeting a boy who believes there is something sinister going on in his little town. My question is now then. What's next for us? Other than potential missing people? I can personally survive without food but," She looked at some of the gathered children and little dogs among them. "But that is not true for all of us."

Steelheart then went back to the board before then moving to the window. "We'll probably have to start a fire outside as well, I believe it's summertime but that doesn't mean the nights won't get cold."

SOPHIE WALTEN
@Jeremi @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi @Space_Candy

Sophie saw Sam leave the cabin. A lump formed in her throat for reasons she doesn't know.

She got up and re-entered the cabin in a way that would make her not noticeable, entirely positioning herself into a corner and sitting there in a ball. There was very clear distress, even the least observant person would notice Sophie's poor mental health state.

But she felt like she wanted to comment.

View attachment 10314

"A-are we s-sure we wanna d-do this?" Sophie said, her voice trembling, "I-... I mean... i-investigating... all... all this..."

The 22-year-old's pills are wearing off. Her face is as pale as a sheet and she's sweating bullets. She doesn't want to be involved, but a part of her truly believes she has to be involved.​

Link let these things process before crossing his arms and responding to Sophie in particular.

"Well, maybe it has some connection to why we're here, or on how to get home? Who knows. Either way it doesn't sit right to not help, at least for me personally." He shrugged.

@Jeremi @Ver @Minerva @Capri @Jackythejack @Lucky @Everyone

SOPHIE WALTEN
@Jeremi @Takumi @EveryoneElse

“I-I…”

Link’s comments were not helpful. Maybe it has some connection to why we're here, or on how to get home is the last thing she wanted to hear.

“…I…I don’t know… why I was brought here. That boy… he… didn’t know me. Not like he knew you all. Th-this all just seems like some… cruel joke,”

She’s trembling now… like full body trembles. Memories, ones locked away for years, began to stretch their atrophied limbs and claw at her mind. Faces of people she once knew flooded forward from the gashes left by the sharp claws of her past.

Without any prompt, she lowered her head and rested them on her shaking legs in a futile attempt to cocoon herself from the gnawing fears of going missing like her father and mother. Like Edd. Like Molly.

She wants to go home. Badly. She wants to see Jenny again. She wants to see Jenny. Jenny can comfort her, Jenny can hold her and make her feel warm.

Underneath her breath, in the safe darkness of her cocoon, she spoke once again. She hopes nobody hears the four wavering, stammering words she spoke.

“…I… I w-wann-na g-g-go… h-h-h-home…”

Pippi had watched as Sam left the premises, and momentarily watched him just…run off. Then she got bored of the and turned to everyone else in the run down shack. The ten year old was excited, to say the least. So many people here! You never get this many newcomers at Villa Villekulla.

“Now, we got a lot of time on our hands, if we have to wait for the morning. I was thinking we could start a campfire, and share stories! We could get to know each other. I have a lot of stories I could tell.”

She smiled and looked at everyone in the cabin, wanting to see if they’d pipe up any other ideas to have a good time. “Anything else you’d like to do?”
@Cabin people @Capri @Minerva @Takumi

Jerrica was sat on the back of the young man's bike, watching as the shack became further away. She wondered what this sudden adventure would bring.

@Jeremi

Scrappy Doo

" We might need to get some food first though. Oh, I had an idea on what we can. Maybe there are some berries or stuff we can eat,"
he replied, looking over at them. " Or maybe we can see if he keeps food in here...."

@Jeremi @Everyone

"Gathering supplies is not a bad idea. Or heat for those that need it," Steelheart nodded to both Scrappy and Pippi. "If you go to collect food let's try to not stray too far off, or go alone," She quickly added. "Especially the children among us. Until we know the full story we can't be too careful."

If they decided to investigate the shack itself the only sign of food that they could find was empty candy wrappers of a wide assortment of sweets. Sam and whoever else might go here didn't seem to interested in looking after the environment. What they did find however were some half gone candles, but no matches to light them.

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi

Sam didn't show it but he was struggling in trying to have Jerrica riding and keeping the bike steady enough. Soon enough though they exited the dirt path and sweet concrete came under them as he continued into town. Jerrica could hear that Sam was mumbling something to himself but it wasn't audible enough to pick up on.

@Space_Candy

Back