Side Story RAD!

Scrappy Doo

Scrappy would smile, happy that someone had liked his suggestion. " I feel like both are important since we don't know how long we will be here for. I was only going to check right out front. But maybe if someone like Animal Man can come with me, we can check further. We definitely also should talk to Sam about keeping the enviornment safe by not littering."

@Ver @Jeremi @Minerva @Everyone

"Gathering supplies is not a bad idea. Or heat for those that need it," Steelheart nodded to both Scrappy and Pippi. "If you go to collect food let's try to not stray too far off, or go alone," She quickly added. "Especially the children among us. Until we know the full story we can't be too careful."

If they decided to investigate the shack itself the only sign of food that they could find was empty candy wrappers of a wide assortment of sweets. Sam and whoever else might go here didn't seem to interested in looking after the environment. What they did find however were some half gone candles, but no matches to light them.

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi

Sam didn't show it but he was struggling in trying to have Jerrica riding and keeping the bike steady enough. Soon enough though they exited the dirt path and sweet concrete came under them as he continued into town. Jerrica could hear that Sam was mumbling something to himself but it wasn't audible enough to pick up on.

@Space_Candy

Scrappy Doo

Scrappy would smile, happy that someone had liked his suggestion. " I feel like both are important since we don't know how long we will be here for. I was only going to check right out front. But maybe if someone like Animal Man can come with me, we can check further. We definitely also should talk to Sam about keeping the enviornment safe by not littering."

@Ver @Jeremi @Minerva @Everyone

@Ver @Takumi @Jeremi @Anyone Else

"Very well, if the Gnoll Puppy will be gathering wood, and others will be gathering food, I will go out on a patrol to get the lay of the land, unless one of the other groups requires my aid." She said, placing her hand on her sword. She then remembered the other guard there. She turned around swiftly.

"Link!" she said, turning to the blacksmith's apprentice. "Will you aid me in working out a solid perimeter? Perhaps setting up some barricades and setting out some charms, just in case something's out there?" She asked, standing tall and approaching the door.​

@Ver @Takumi @Jeremi @Anyone Else

"Very well, if the Gnoll Puppy will be gathering wood, and others will be gathering food, I will go out on a patrol to get the lay of the land, unless one of the other groups requires my aid." She said, placing her hand on her sword. She then remembered the other guard there. She turned around swiftly.

"Link!" she said, turning to the blacksmith's apprentice. "Will you aid me in working out a solid perimeter? Perhaps setting up some barricades and setting out some charms, just in case something's out there?" She asked, standing tall and approaching the door.​

Link blinked and nearly startled as Ireena turned suddenly when she addressed him, before the green clad young man nodded.

"I don't really have any way to set out anything like charms, but checking the perimeter is definitely something I can do." He answered as he moved to follow her.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Capri @Lucky @Ver @Jackythejack @Anybody else @Clubhouse

"I'll live, no need to worry on my account," Buddy shrugged at the prospect of gathering supplies. Even if he was hungry, the curious state of their situation, as well as the mystery that presented itself before them all, was what occupied his mind more than anything.

While everyone else laid out their intended plans, Buddy just shrugged. "Well, alright. You all do you, I guess. Just, y'know, don't wander off too far or draw any attention. We're supposed to be inconspicuous here after all, even if uh, that might be harder for some than others. If you need me for anything though, just give a holler. Ears like a rabbit."

@Jeremi @Everybody

SOPHIE WALTEN
@Jeremi @Ver @AnyoneElse

Sophie’s trembling had ceased somewhat. She had naturally calmed down and was now standing up.

She approached Buddy, her form shaking but still holding up.

View attachment 10329

“I-I don’t… know what to do,” she said.​

"I'll come with you then," Steelheart replied to Scrappy. "Let's try to not get lost." With that she and the others stepped outside. "Me and Scrappy will take the left side and you two can go to the right. If that's okay with you? We'll see if there's any food and wood to make a fire."

Looking up the group could see that the sun was starting to set. "It is summer so it won't get too dark but, let's still be careful."

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi

Link blinked and nearly startled as Ireena turned suddenly when she addressed him, before the green clad young man nodded.

"I don't really have any way to set out anything like charms, but checking the perimeter is definitely something I can do." He answered as he moved to follow her.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Capri @Lucky @Ver @Jackythejack @Anybody else @Clubhouse
"I'll come with you then," Steelheart replied to Scrappy. "Let's try to not get lost." With that she and the others stepped outside. "Me and Scrappy will take the left side and you two can go to the right. If that's okay with you? We'll see if there's any food and wood to make a fire."

Looking up the group could see that the sun was starting to set. "It is summer so it won't get too dark but, let's still be careful."

@Lucky

"I will show you how to set them out if you wish to know." She said, nodding to the blacksmith’s apprentice.

"Then we will meet back here at sunset to share what we have learned.” Ireena said, looking up at the clear sky. “May Ezra protect thy path.” She said to Scrappy and Steelheadt.​

Taking note of the suns slow descent, Link hummed to himself, before crossing his arms.

"Fine by me. As long as each of stick with our group members we should be fine." Link replied when told which group would go what way, before Ireena spoke to him and the group outside as a whole then.

@Lucky

"I will show you how to set them out if you wish to know." She said, nodding to the blacksmith’s apprentice.

"Then we will meet back here at sunset to share what we have learned.” Ireena said, looking up at the clear sky. “May Ezra protect thy path.” She said to Scrappy and Steelheadt.​

"I'm willing to learn something new." Link answered, turning towards the right and letting his arms fall to his side to indicate that he was ready to start whenever Ireena was.

Once the groups did split and begin their searches, along with Link and Ireena beginning to set a perimeter did he ask, "by the way, do you happen to be a knight? You carry yourself like one, from what I can tell."

He'd make sure to keep an eye out for anything that may have seemed odd in the area, while also listening for anything that might of been off.

@Jeremi @Minerva

Taking note of the suns slow descent, Link hummed to himself, before crossing his arms.

"Fine by me. As long as each of stick with our group members we should be fine." Link replied when told which group would go what way, before Ireena spoke to him and the group outside as a whole then.

"I'm willing to learn something new." Link answered, turning towards the right and letting his arms fall to his side to indicate that he was ready to start whenever Ireena was.

Once the groups did split and begin their searches, along with Link and Ireena beginning to set a perimeter did he ask, "by the way, do you happen to be a knight? You carry yourself like one, from what I can tell."

He'd make sure to keep an eye out for anything that may have seemed odd in the area, while also listening for anything that might of been off.

@Jeremi @Minerva
"I am not a knight, no." She said, shaking her head. "My brother Ismark is, but I'm just the daughter of the Burgomaster. Ismark taught me how to defend myself with a sword, however." She put her hand on the hilt of her sword, and then looked down at her tabard. "The land I come from, Barovia, is full of monsters who prey on us in the night, and so most of us are trained in swordsmanship."

@Jeremi @Anyone​

"Yeah? Well, that makes two of us," Buddy said flatly in response to Sophie. Still, he wasn't completely unsympathetic. Waking up to a completely unfamiliar scenario was pretty much the 9 to 5 for him, but he could see it was definitely something the girl wasn't used to. Superman probably would have put more effort into comforting her, but Buddy, being an adult long since weary of the world, could barely even function without a good cup of joe. Not that he should be drinking that at this hour anyway. Maybe next time, if he can help it.

It was evident that the girl was reluctant to even take part in the mystery that Sam had left them with, but if everyone was gonna be here for the long haul, Buddy may as well try to make some sort of effort. Just in general.

"Well, guess we can only go with the flow. Something's off here, and not even in the obvious way..." He sighed, crossing his arms. "You know, in my line of work, there's no such thing as a coincidence. I mean, I guess that's more in line with Batman's line of work, but we're like, adjacent enough, I guess."

Buddy paused, and then cleared his throat.

"What I mean to say is... It's kinda hinky, isn't it? People around here disappearing, and us suddenly appearing here. Might be a bit of a stretch, but all in all, I'm willing to bet it's all connected somehow, so we may as well help out that kid while we can, even if it's scary," Buddy said. "Besides, you look like you can handle a dose of weird. Where you from anyway, Gotham? Central City?"

@Capri @Anyone

SOPHIE WALTEN
@Jeremi @Ver

“B-Brighton,” Sophie said, steadily composing herself, “I’m from Brighton, Michigan. It’s… very small,”

Luckily if Ireena and Link looked behind them they could see a perfect landmark in the form of the massive robot dinosaur standing outside the shack, which they could no doubt spot from quite far away.

Once again this is 106.1 WACK and I’m your host DJ Bigboi Dream. Summer is all hot and bothered but even the Summer Sun makes way to the void that is the night. Even the most well thought out plan is worthless if built on a shaky foundation. This is Sandra Maria Magdalena.

As the duo continued further away from the shack they could tell that the forest itself didn't seem to be the host of anything peculiar or eye catching. The forest wasn't too thick but their path was covered in moss. They were even lucky in finding a small patch of wild strawberries if they decided to bring them along. Though perhaps the strangest thing they soon realized was that the entire forest was entirely quiet. No birds chirping or any insects or anything like that. The only thing they could hear were their own footsteps.

Suddenly however from a bit further ahead they could hear something. Was that a...bird call?​

@Minerva @Takumi

Scrappy Doo

Scrappy would walk to the left with Steelheart. " You think we are going to find anything good on this side? I hope there is some food or something," he replied, looking around the left side of the treehouse to see if there was anything that was eye-catching. It was weird and different to be on an adventure without his Uncle Scooby.

@Jeremi

Luckily if Ireena and Link looked behind them they could see a perfect landmark in the form of the massive robot dinosaur standing outside the shack, which they could no doubt spot from quite far away.

Once again this is 106.1 WACK and I’m your host DJ Bigboi Dream. Summer is all hot and bothered but even the Summer Sun makes way to the void that is the night. Even the most well thought out plan is worthless if built on a shaky foundation. This is Sandra Maria Magdalena.

As the duo continued further away from the shack they could tell that the forest itself didn't seem to be the host of anything peculiar or eye catching. The forest wasn't too thick but their path was covered in moss. They were even lucky in finding a small patch of wild strawberries if they decided to bring them along. Though perhaps the strangest thing they soon realized was that the entire forest was entirely quiet. No birds chirping or any insects or anything like that. The only thing they could hear were their own footsteps.

Suddenly however from a bit further ahead they could hear something. Was that a...bird call?​

@Minerva @Takumi

The moment he realized how eerily quiet it was, Link began to proceed with more caution than before, taking in the fact that there didn't seem to be any forest life at this time of day.

Link's eyes scanned the trees first, the surrounding area while pulling out his bow and placing an arrow at the ready. He didn't plan to use it if it turned out to be a possible local, if it did turn out to be some kind of threat he'd have the bow at the ready.

@Jeremi @Minerva

@Minerva @Takumi
The moment he realized how eerily quiet it was, Link began to proceed with more caution than before, taking in the fact that there didn't seem to be any forest life at this time of day.

Link's eyes scanned the trees first, the surrounding area while pulling out his bow and placing an arrow at the ready. He didn't plan to use it if it turned out to be a possible local, if it did turn out to be some kind of threat he'd have the bow at the ready.

@Jeremi @Minerva

@Takumi @anyone

Ireena paused in her motions. It was quiet. Oddly quiet. She slowly drew her sword from its sheath, and looked at the boy, giving a nod.

This reminded her of the woods in Barovia. The sky barely shining light in through the canopy. She slowly continued moving forward, each step carefully calculated, carefully prepared.

Be ready for anything.” She said calmly.

@Takumi @anyone

Ireena paused in her motions. It was quiet. Oddly quiet. She slowly drew her sword from its sheath, and looked at the boy, giving a nod.

This reminded her of the woods in Barovia. The sky barely shining light in through the canopy. She slowly continued moving forward, each step carefully calculated, carefully prepared.

Be ready for anything.” She said calmly.

At Ireena's words, Link nodded as he followed her with just as much quiet caution as he kept an eye and ear out for what or who was out there in the process.

This wasn't as straight forward as the monsters back home, he wondered if the wildlife being so quiet had to do with what might jave brought them all here?

@Jeremi @Minerva

As Ireena and Link moved closer towards the sounds it didn't take them too long to see the cause. In front of them was a portly fellow in ill-fitting white safari clothes, black rimmed glasses and binoculars hanging from his stout neck.

He still hadn't noticed the duo as he continued on with his bird calling.

@Takumi @Minerva

"I hope we will find something to eat," Steelheart agreed. "I don't wish to see anyone go hungry. Perhaps we might have to risk to go to this...KFC." Moving further away from the shack they found the same thing the others did. For a wild and vast forest it was awfully quiet. No prints of animals and no sound. Scrappy's nose would only be filled by the scent of damp pine. Soon enough though their ears were filled with sounds of running water.

They soon found themselves in front of a running creek going through the forest. They couldn't see a bridge from where they were standing, but the water looked shallow enough to walk through.

@Lucky

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi @Space_Candy

Scrappy Doo

Scrappy would nod in agreement. He certainly didn't want any of his new friends to starve to death before they would help their new friend Sam solve his mystery. Well, it was going to be hard to get lost when there was a giant statue to be seen. It was weird that the only thing that Scrappy could smell was damp pine and not even what was on the wrappers, but there seemed to be some running water. " It looks like we can walk across that to find this KFC, though I am not sure what our other friend will eat from there or how we will pay." The puppy would walk across to see how far it was to the other side.

@Jeremi

As Ireena and Link moved closer towards the sounds it didn't take them too long to see the cause. In front of them was a portly fellow in ill-fitting white safari clothes, black rimmed glasses and binoculars hanging from his stout neck.

He still hadn't noticed the duo as he continued on with his bird calling.

@Takumi @Minerva

"I hope we will find something to eat," Steelheart agreed. "I don't wish to see anyone go hungry. Perhaps we might have to risk to go to this...KFC." Moving further away from the shack they found the same thing the others did. For a wild and vast forest it was awfully quiet. No prints of animals and no sound. Scrappy's nose would only be filled by the scent of damp pine. Soon enough though their ears were filled with sounds of running water.

They soon found themselves in front of a running creek going through the forest. They couldn't see a bridge from where they were standing, but the water looked shallow enough to walk through.

@Lucky

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi @Space_Candy

Upon seeing the portly fellow, Link lowered his bow, easing up on the string but staying at the ready in case he still needed to use it. He stared at the man in confusion with a tilt of his head.

"What are you doing?" He muttered quietly, eyeing the man with a raised brow.

@Jeremi @Minerva

"I thought Sam said the KFC was towards town?" Steelheart remarked as she looked over the creek. "It seems like we should be able to pass with out incident, but stay close." Scrappy felt the cold water on his feet as he stepped forward half of his body under the water while it barely reached up above Steelhearts ankles.

Even if there wasn't much water the stream had some pulled to it as the waded through it. Suddenly however as they walked Scrappy heard a surprised yelp as Steelheart suddenly vanished into the water.

@Lucky

The man hadn't heard what Link had said but when he turned towards the duo he let out a yelp and fell flat on his butt. "Oh my goodness!" Giving the two a look from his spot the man quickly got up and dusted himself off. "Sorry fellas! You gave me quite a scare. It's usually just me out here in the woods!"

@Takumi @Minerva

Back