Side Story RAD!

Upon being told that from Link, Satoko only made a displeased grumble but calmed herself down. To her, it looked like the others were discussing other things that seemed more important. There's talk about Grimlock this, Batman that, blah blah blah. The young girl had no clue what the heck was being discussed, but from the sudden shift in the tonal atmosphere, she figured it was bad.

5160e18dc00b0a251eca5ca4257717d606032d6c.png

❝ H-Hey mister! ❞ Satoko raised her voice as she stomped her way to Sam. ❝ How far is Hinamizawa village from Eagleville? Huh?! Is today's date June 10th, 1983? I need to know! ❞

Despite her asking these questions, she had a feeling that she already knew the answer to these questions.

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @Crow @Takumi @Jackythejack @Minerva
@Everybody

"Come to think of it, you do look pretty familiar," Buddy said toward Link with a nod, affirming Sam's recognition of him. Putting a hand to his chin, the blonde man appraised Link a bit more. "Probably from some game my kid made me buy for 'em. Legend of Zelda, the kid called it? I dunno, didn't look all that impressive to me. Uh, I guess I shouldn't say that if you're like, a big fan though..."

The hero's train of thought was interrupted however, not by the appearance of Grimlock, that part was completely normal, but rather by the blue-clad woman namedropping a station she worked at called _ _ _ _ _ . Suddenly, Buddy felt a splitting headache assault him, and once he actually took notice of the Batman comic that Ireena had accidentally torn up, everything came rushing back to him.

View attachment 10144

"Nrrragh... Oh god, oh shit. Oh no no no no no. It was just a dream. It wasn't real. But why is it all coming back? It doesn't make any sense. That's not how it's supposed to...!" Buddy suddenly began to ramble madly, before looking pointedly at the woman who called herself Silverheart. "WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!"

Time is a flat circle, as they say.

"No one's supposed to know about it, that's the whole point. Limbo, limbo, limbo, limbo..."

A place between life and death. Between existence and non-existence. A deeper meaning that he could only barely recall, like a fleeting dream he had awakened from. Something terrible had happened, yet he couldn't even remember it. He wasn't allowed to remember it. And yet, the fact he could recall that much meant... something. But what? What did it all mean? Between this boy recognizing the robot dinosaur and the swordsman in green, it all meant... Dammit, think! Think! Batman would be able to solve this. Hell, Buddy would take even the goddamn Blue Beetle at this rate. Or... wait, Batman. Batman. It was right there. He had just spoken Batman's words, yet they were not words that had been uttered yet. But Buddy knew of them. Or did he? How could he even be conscious of his own decisions if it was all in the hands of--

PLAP!

Buddy suddenly smacked each side of his face with his palms, before moving his attention toward Sam next. "Okay. Okay, okay, okay. Let's start over. Kid, lemme ask you something... What's your favorite thing about Batman?" He suddenly asked, his pupils shaking madly, try as he did to hide his mad gaze underneath his goggles. He had to be sure, even if he didn't even know what he was supposed to be sure of.

To put it in a term everyone here ought to understand, something was terribly wrong here.

@Jeremi @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Takumi @Jackythejack @Minerva @Everybody

Upon being told that from Link, Satoko only made a displeased grumble but calmed herself down. To her, it looked like the others were discussing other things that seemed more important. There's talk about Grimlock this, Batman that, blah blah blah. The young girl had no clue what the heck was being discussed, but from the sudden shift in the tonal atmosphere, she figured it was bad.

5160e18dc00b0a251eca5ca4257717d606032d6c.png

❝ H-Hey mister! ❞ Satoko raised her voice as she stomped her way to Sam. ❝ How far is Hinamizawa village from Eagleville? Huh?! Is today's date June 10th, 1983? I need to know! ❞

Despite her asking these questions, she had a feeling that she already knew the answer to these questions.

@Jeremi @Capri @Ver @Crow @Takumi @Jackythejack @Minerva
@Everybody

While not the reaction he expected from Satoko, Link was glad that the girl's tantrum didn't get any worse.

Link stared at Buddy blankly for a moment, trying to process what the man was telling him. It wasn't clicking, at least not completely.

"I don't think I follow..." Link started, still confused, only for his eyebrows to shoot up as Buddy seemed to be freaking out suddenly not even five minutes after speaking to him. He watched, having taken a step back, before his brows furrowed as he studied the blonde superhero once he seemed to try and calm himself to a degree.

"Are you...alright?" The swordsman asked almost hesitantly.

@Jeremi @Ver @Capri @Jackythejack @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Crow @Everyone

images

"Me Grimlock definitely good guy - good at job - kicking Decepticon tailpipe and making puny Decepticon sorry they ever meet Grimlock and all other Dinobots! Ahahaha!" Grimlock proudly proclaimed, then turned towards Sam, "wait, you little human fan of Grimlock? Until now, everybot always Prime this Prime that, but me Grimlock do many thing Prime cannot do!"

@Jeremi

"Not exactly," Steelheart remarked to Sophie. "Limbo's its own galaxy close to Earth, or close in relative terms when it comes to space travel." She motioned to her body. "The journey there is treacherous and takes a long time and that's why we have to convert ourselves into the Silverhawks to survive the jo-" As Steelheart was trying to explain the situation the blond man in the costume seemed to have a nervous breakdown. "Sir?" She cautiously took a few steps forward to get herself between Sophie and Buddy in case something bad happened. "Are you okay?" She echoed Link's remarks to him. Even if they weren't in Limbo she was still a Silverhawk and she wasn't going to let anyone here get hurt.

Sam meanwhile just replied back to Buddy, not seeming particularly concerned about the freak out. "I mean that's easy! He's a regular rich guy who kicks ass! And doesn't matter who he's up against he always wins! Plus you know...cool costume."

To Link he just shrugged. "You know like, a videogame?" Before he could explain further the little blond girl accosted him. "Mister? I'm like, maybe two years older than you!" Sam wasn't sure he'd ever heard of Hinamizawa village but the second question he had an answer to. "No it's June 1st 1987. Also is that in Japan? You know my dad's family is actually from Japan. Is that what you are? Some sort of like...Japan thing that I conjured up? You're definitely not from any shows I've seen...like the other girl. That's weird. Out of everything why are there so many little girls here?"

When Grimlock spoke Sam's face beamed up. "Obviously because you're the coolest! Optimus Prime is cool and all, but it's kind of like Superman where he's just...kind of boring, ya know?"

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi

"Not exactly," Steelheart remarked to Sophie. "Limbo's its own galaxy close to Earth, or close in relative terms when it comes to space travel." She motioned to her body. "The journey there is treacherous and takes a long time and that's why we have to convert ourselves into the Silverhawks to survive the jo-" As Steelheart was trying to explain the situation the blond man in the costume seemed to have a nervous breakdown. "Sir?" She cautiously took a few steps forward to get herself between Sophie and Buddy in case something bad happened. "Are you okay?" She echoed Link's remarks to him. Even if they weren't in Limbo she was still a Silverhawk and she wasn't going to let anyone here get hurt.

Sam meanwhile just replied back to Buddy, not seeming particularly concerned about the freak out. "I mean that's easy! He's a regular rich guy who kicks ass! And doesn't matter who he's up against he always wins! Plus you know...cool costume."

To Link he just shrugged. "You know like, a videogame?" Before he could explain further the little blond girl accosted him. "Mister? I'm like, maybe two years older than you!" Sam wasn't sure he'd ever heard of Hinamizawa village but the second question he had an answer to. "No it's June 1st 1987. Also is that in Japan? You know my dad's family is actually from Japan. Is that what you are? Some sort of like...Japan thing that I conjured up? You're definitely not from any shows I've seen...like the other girl. That's weird. Out of everything why are there so many little girls here?"

When Grimlock spoke Sam's face beamed up. "Obviously because you're the coolest! Optimus Prime is cool and all, but it's kind of like Superman where he's just...kind of boring, ya know?"

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi

Deciding to ignore whatever a videogame was for now, Link focused on something else Sam said instead to Satoko.

"What exactly do you mean by 'conjured up'?" He asked, sure that he wouldn't like the answer, based on both Buddy and Sam's earlier statements about the swordsman that still left him rather confused.

@Jeremi @Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Crow @Everyone

SOPHIE WALTEN
@Jeremi @Ver @AnyoneElse

“That… sounds painful,” Sophie remarked to Silverheart. Ridiculous, too was gonna be her remark, but she decided keeping quiet was her best option.

Animal Man’s breakdown caught her off guard. She thought he was level headed at first, but first impressions aren’t all they seem.

He needs therapy.

But something caught Sophie off-guard. Silverheart stepping between her and Animal Man. It reminded her of Jenny, her girlfriend, a little bit. It reminded her of her mom, as little as she remembers of her mom.

She remembers having one, a very loving one. One day she went missing. But that’s about all she could remember.

Anyways, Sophie appreciated the gesture, but still tried to see what was happening with Animal Man, peeking over Silverheart’s shoulder. She’s 22, after all.​

“Well, isn’t this fun?” Pippi asked with a giggle to herself as she moved towards the exit of the weird forest shack. “I’d love to stay and chat, but I think I got a monkey to find! Unless one of you have seen a monkey running around here.”

She waited for anyone to say anything first, before taking a few steps out of the building. She looked in a random direction and cupped her mouth with her hands. “Mr. Nilsson! Where are you!?”

There wasn’t a response, so Pippi let out a small huff, and took a deep breath. “MR. NILSSON!”

That scream was…loud, like a plane taking off. A nearby tree that was hit with the full force of the scream wobbled slightly. This girl had a good set of lungs on her!

@everyone

View attachment 10155

"Okay, that's on me, I cast the net too wide," Buddy said as Sam responded to his question regarding Batman, as though the boy didn't entirely answer in the way he wanted, and similarly thought little of his subsequent comment involving Superman, the blonde man not having the best of first interactions with the Man of Steel. He took a few deep breaths to compose himself further again, fingers squeezing and grasping at his own neck as though to further control his breathing, before he eventually faced Steelheart again.

"Um, sorry. I'm not usually like that. I, uh..." He trailed off, struggling to even explain himself. What could he even say to something like that? He just embarrassed himself like an asshole in front of everyone with nothing to show for it. He couldn't even remember why that word had such an effect on him, "limbo." Something he was supposed to remember, yet he couldn't, no matter how hard he tried. At once, something that had forbidden him to remember, and on another hand, a different force permitting him to remember. An unstoppable force directed away from the immovable object.

"I... don't know what came over me," Buddy could only say, the only honest to God truth that he could carry. Even though he seemed comparatively calmer now, the hero was still on edge, more than one might have been able to imagine inside, for a myriad of reasons. He didn't even care that much about feeling self-conscious and sticking out. That came with the territory of being a member of Justice League Europe, in which like none of them were really Europeans. "My mind is just a bit... hazy for some reason. Like there's a big cloud in my memory. I don't even know how I got here, let alone what I was doing beforehand, but..."

Before the Animal Man could continue, Sam's other comment about the time once again gave him pause. "The date... That can't be right. You sure that's the right one?" Buddy asked the kid, placing his hands on his hips. It was strange to hear that the year was supposed to be 1987 apparently, assuming the child was being truthful. Time travel wasn't something that had ever happened to Buddy before, and yet it still wouldn't be the strangest thing he'd ever seen. No, it would actually be less strange if Buddy found himself in the distant past or future, but being removed give or take one or a few years? Even stranger, in its own way.

"Okay, um... Actually, new question, Sam, was it? You wouldn't happen to know how far away Gotham is from here, would you? Or Metropolis? I'll even take Star or Hub City," Buddy suddenly felt inclined to ask, given Sam's reactions to the... robot dino here, the blonde kid in the green tunic, and the other heroes being namedropped around. A landmark would give Buddy a sense of perspective here, and yet, for some reason, he could already sense the kind of answer he was about to get...

@Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Capri @Crow @Jackythejack

"It was-" Silverhearts eyes went wide, like it was the first time she had actually thought about what had been done to her and the rest of the Silverhawks. "I didn't feel it," She said. "It was necessary for the job I had signed up for."

"Conjured up? As in you guys are just in my head," Sam remarked to Link. "This whole situation is clearly stressing me out, plus mom always says I have a very active imagination so...not real. Man, if I tell people about this they'll definitely send me to some crazy house or somethin'." As Pippi shouted Sam covered his ears. "This is what I mean about girls!" He shouted. "They're just loud and obnoxious!"

Before he managed to say some more choice words it was Buddy's turn to speak up. "Uh," Sam pointed to some scattered comics around the floor. "Yeah! You just read one of those!"

Scrappy Doo

Scrappy had not really taken any opportunity to get off the child, just rolling with the punches if he got it. " You said there was a mystery here? What is it? I might not be as good as solving mysteries as my Uncle Scooby but I can still give any ghostie a taste of Puppy Power." He would tilt his head. " Not real? I mean there is a way to test that," he replied, jumping up and down on Sam. " Do you feel that?" Scrappy asked.

@Jeremi @Everyone​

Unfortunately, despite Pippi’s shouting, no Mr. Nillson would come along. She crossed her arms, frowning. “I wonder where that monkey could have gone to. Probably causing trouble. Oh well, I’m sure I’ll find him later.”

She walked back in the house, overhearing Sam’s remark about how loud she was. “Hey! Not all girls are loud! It’s just me.” She chuckled. “I have a friend named Anika who’s really quiet.”

Pippi then gave a shrug. “Well, if anyone finds a monkey, please tell me. Mr. Nillson can be real trouble when left alone.”

@Jeremi @everyone

View attachment 10183

"..."

Buddy said nothing for a brief moment, only glowering with a furrowed brow at Sam's answer to his question. So that's how it was. The blonde man could actively feel his heart beating faster and faster, like a swell of anxiety rising up in real time, but this time, he was a bit more ready for it, taking a deep breath to calm himself from this existential dread. All this time, Buddy thought he was in his own world; after all, why wouldn't he? Even if he was cooped up in some kid's secret hideout, the anachronistic Silverheart and the talking animals weren't all that out of place to his sensibilities, and yet... Perhaps that was the rub.

This world was that kind of normal. The kind that he wasn't supposed to recognize, because he wasn't allowed to. He wasn't allowed to register this kind of world by him. The man whose face and name he couldn't remember, because he wasn't allowed to. But whoever he was, he was a hack writer. That was all he could remember.

But either way, he had to accept this reality, for as long as it could accept him. And if these people were in the same boat -- creations of assorted products -- then this was bad. Good, in that he could at least relate to them on that end. Bad, in a reality breaking way. They'd definitely have to find some way back home.

Funny little thing, isn't it? The only thing stopping Buddy from having a mental breakdown over this realization was the fact that he vaguely remembered this had happened before, even though his memory of it had mostly been erased.

Shaking his head, Buddy sighed, nodding in acknowledgement to Sam before placing his hands on his hips, looking to everyone. "Alright, everyone, listen up. Uh..." He announced, as though attempting to take charge, even if it was clear he wasn't entirely sure of himself. "I don't suppose anyone here remembers how you got here? I coulda sworn I was in bed at home last thing I remember... well, no, that's a lie, but you get the point. I have no idea how I got here. What about the rest of you guys?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva @Capri @Jackythejack @Lucky @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

SOPHIE WALTEN
@Jeremi @Ver @AnyoneElse
Shaking his head, Buddy sighed, nodding in acknowledgement to Sam before placing his hands on his hips, looking to everyone. "Alright, everyone, listen up. Uh..." He announced, as though attempting to take charge, even if it was clear he wasn't entirely sure of himself. "I don't suppose anyone here remembers how you got here? I coulda sworn I was in bed at home last thing I remember... well, no, that's a lie, but you get the point. I have no idea how I got here. What about the rest of you guys?"
“I… last I remember I was on my way to the Entfernt Hotel to meet my…” a very small hesitation before Sophie continued, “…friend, Jenny. She wanted to show me some… game that was installed in the basement,”

Jenny Letterson was Sophie’s girlfriend. She was hesitant to reveal her relationship, she’s heard what others have done to lesbians before and was scared she would be a victim of a beating or something.​

NDGrMZu.png

❝ Um... I was supposed to be getting ready for a big festival with my friends back home... ❞ Satoko tried her best to recall the events that could've taken place between the festival preparation and this very moment. However, she couldn't, and for the most part, it didn't seem to be that this very situation outrageously unbelievable. The young girl was more perplexed and frustrated by this than scared out of her mind.

As they haven't made much progress other than realizing that they weren't anywhere they recognized, Satoko decided to try her luck on scoping the area outside the shack. Without a word, she stepped out of the rundown shack, paying no mind to the others while set on her attempt to just go off on her own on some random direction.

@Ver @Capri @Jeremi @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi
@Everyone

"Alright, everyone, listen up. Uh..." He announced, as though attempting to take charge, even if it was clear he wasn't entirely sure of himself. "I don't suppose anyone here remembers how you got here? I coulda sworn I was in bed at home last thing I remember... well, no, that's a lie, but you get the point. I have no idea how I got here. What about the rest of you guys?"
“I don’t know how I got here. All I remember was playing hide and seek with Tommy and Anika. I picked a really good hiding spot! Apparently too good, since I’ve gotten lost myself now!”

Pippi chuckled, and noticed Satoko walking out of the cabin. She tilted her head for a second. “Maybe I fell asleep waiting for them to find me. I do have a habit of sleepwalking, sleeprunning, and sleepsailing.”

She walked out of the cabin after Satoko and waved at her. “Hey! Where are you going?”

@Ver @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

Jerrica slowly opened her eyes, her lashes fluttering as she blinked. Her body felt stiff, and she slowly sat up from the hard floor. She immediately looked around, her eyes scanning the wooden shack she was sat in.

"Truly outrageous," she muttered as her eyes landed on the other bright characters and a young boy. They seemed involved in conversation, so she ducked behind the whiteboard stealthily.

"Showtime, Synergy"

CanineElatedCamel-size_restricted.gif

with that, her body glimmered digitally as she quickly transformed. Now Jem, she quietly returned from behind the board, her confidence boosted with her persona. She gave a look of concern as she heard the costume-clad man shout.

View attachment 10186

"Is everything okay?"

@Jeremi @Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi

Last edited:
"It was-" Silverhearts eyes went wide, like it was the first time she had actually thought about what had been done to her and the rest of the Silverhawks. "I didn't feel it," She said. "It was necessary for the job I had signed up for."

"Conjured up? As in you guys are just in my head," Sam remarked to Link. "This whole situation is clearly stressing me out, plus mom always says I have a very active imagination so...not real. Man, if I tell people about this they'll definitely send me to some crazy house or somethin'." As Pippi shouted Sam covered his ears. "This is what I mean about girls!" He shouted. "They're just loud and obnoxious!"

Before he managed to say some more choice words it was Buddy's turn to speak up. "Uh," Sam pointed to some scattered comics around the floor. "Yeah! You just read one of those!"

At Sam's response, Link frowned. Just as he thought, he didn't like the answer. Even so, he had expected something less...worrying. Letting it sink in, he bit the inside of his cheek with a thoughtful hum.

Then Pippi yelled, and Link cringed as he also covered his ears.

View attachment 10183

"..."

Buddy said nothing for a brief moment, only glowering with a furrowed brow at Sam's answer to his question. So that's how it was. The blonde man could actively feel his heart beating faster and faster, like a swell of anxiety rising up in real time, but this time, he was a bit more ready for it, taking a deep breath to calm himself from this existential dread. All this time, Buddy thought he was in his own world; after all, why wouldn't he? Even if he was cooped up in some kid's secret hideout, the anachronistic Silverheart and the talking animals weren't all that out of place to his sensibilities, and yet... Perhaps that was the rub.

This world was that kind of normal. The kind that he wasn't supposed to recognize, because he wasn't allowed to. He wasn't allowed to register this kind of world by him. The man whose face and name he couldn't remember, because he wasn't allowed to. But whoever he was, he was a hack writer. That was all he could remember.

But either way, he had to accept this reality, for as long as it could accept him. And if these people were in the same boat -- creations of assorted products -- then this was bad. Good, in that he could at least relate to them on that end. Bad, in a reality breaking way. They'd definitely have to find some way back home.

Funny little thing, isn't it? The only thing stopping Buddy from having a mental breakdown over this realization was the fact that he vaguely remembered this had happened before, even though his memory of it had mostly been erased.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva @Capri @Jackythejack @Lucky @Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Everybody

Once his ears stopped ringing, the swordsman turned Buddy's question over in his head before responding.

"I was taking a moment to rest at home, as far as I remember. I don't think I fell asleep or anything, though...too much on my mind. Otherwise, I don't know how I got here." Link answered. He was glad that he hadn't been in the middle of some fight before ending up in Sam's little clubhouse. Though...he couldn't help but be a bit worried about how long he'd be stuck here. Did he fall asleep? Freeing the Sages was tiring work, but no one else had to carry the burden. He was kind of glad no one else did, if he was honest.

If he did end up being...well, conjured up as Sam had put it, he'd probably find a secluded area and scream. He didn't know, really, and he hoped it wouldn't come to that. They already had one blonde having a mental breakdown in the group, he'd do his best to keep from there being another.

@Jeremi @Ver @Lucky @Capri @Jackythejack @Space_Candy @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Everyone

"I was doing a routine check up with my brother," Steelheart told Buddy. "Then my body felt heavy, and now I am here. On Earth." She didn't like any of this but at this point she didn't have much choice.

"Oof! Of course I feel it cause my head tells me it's real, Weirdo..." Sam said as he pushed Scrappy off him again. "And the mystery is that-" Then Pippi butted in again. "Look, kid. There's no stupid monkey so can you just drop it, alright? Geez..." Then he spotted Jem. "Oh wow..." He walked up to her and gave her a look over. "And my head missed the mark again! Everyone knows the Misfits songs are way better." He looked over to Buddy and the others realizing his flub. "Uh I mean, I don't watch Jem and the Holograms! That's a girl show after all..."

"You said something about a mystery," Steelheart tried to get the conversation back on track.

Sam seemed to mouth out a thank you to Steelheart as he made his way towards the cluttered board. "Right the reason I've probably gone crazy and manifested all of you is because of this!" He pointed at the board. "People have gone missing all over town and no one seems to care. Like I'm the only one who cares! And I kind of like don't care but I have to care since no one else cares, ya know? Everyone says they're on Summer vacation but there's just so many people and they can't all be out on vacation just because it's Summer."

Satoko meanwhile didn't find anything that stood out when she exited the shack, well, other than the giant talking robot named Grimlock, she also noticed Sam's bike and the dirt path he had taken to get here. but other than that. It seemed like a regular American forest with chirping birds and probably an assortment of cuddly critters.

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Takumi @Space_Candy

Jem watched as the boy walked over to her, stammering about the Misfits- she couldn't help but smile, his energy reminding him of some of the girls at the Starlight House.

The statement about her band being a girl show puzzled her, she didn't remember filming a show; but she did a lot of press recently so a trailer coming out was entirely possible.

"You know our music isn't just for girls, it's for those truly outrageous!" She smiled, before speaking again.

View attachment 10209

"And, yes the Misfits are quite talented, though I don't understand their need for constant competition," she finished, placing a hand on her hip idly. She watched as the boy changed topics again, frantically speaking about a town mystery. She blinked a few times before speaking up.

"I'd be willing to help, I'm no stranger to oddities," she gave another smile, before finding a place to sit on the shack floor.

@Jeremi

SOPHIE WALTEN
@Jeremi @Ver @Space_Candy @Takumi @Lucky @EveryoneElse

“People go missing all the time,” Sophie says, “I… doubt I can do anything about it,”

She’d know… her entire family went missing. She barely remembers it, but some could notice the very visible discomfort at investigating missing persons.

“I guess we could… put up some posters?”

Back