Side Story RAD!

Sam nodded to the trio regarding Fellbottom. "Yeah I think he has an office at the local college. It's on the other side of town but that's like nothing. Should take about half a hour. If he's there. No animals is kind of a scary thought."

"If I may interject," Steelheart stepped into the conversation. "I believe it would be best to further split up. This Fellbottom is only one person of interest. Maybe a library? Perhaps this town has more secrets to it that no one realizes? And..." She looked over back at the hut. "Sophie's outburst aside, I imagine she'd be curious to check out that burger joint. Food in general as well. Perhaps we can try and get something from town?"

"Uuuh yeah..." Sam fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a total of $20. "I scavenged what I had at home. You should be able to get some instant mac n cheese from the store at least. As for a library we have one of those in the middle of town. I used it for an assignment from school. It should have a lot of old newspapers if you want to figure something out. And Bun's Burger's I mean...if you want to go there I can give you directions...

Again, it's no Burger King."

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Space_Candy @Lucky @Takumi @Minerva

"Uh, aha, sure. We can split up, cover more ground," Buddy said with a breath, his arms initially folded until he raised a stern finger as he continued speaking. "I'm not going anywhere near a burger joint though. And honestly, you guys shouldn't either. I mean, what kind of world do we live in where you can make a living off mass slaughter and putting some bread and cheese on their corpses for good measure?"

"No offense," he uttered to Sophie, before clearing his throat.

"Anyway, that's that for me. I'm gonna go see about meeting this Fellbottom person. Anyone else coming with?"

@Jeremi @Takumi @Capri @Minerva @Everybody

"I'll go with you to see Mr. Fellbottom." Link spoke up, deciding not to respond to the 'burger joint' thing. Besides he had planned to talk to Fellbottom again anyway.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked Ireena, glancing to her for a moment.

@Jeremi @Ver @Minerva @Capri @Everyone

Sam nodded to the trio regarding Fellbottom. "Yeah I think he has an office at the local college. It's on the other side of town but that's like nothing. Should take about half a hour. If he's there. No animals is kind of a scary thought."

"If I may interject," Steelheart stepped into the conversation. "I believe it would be best to further split up. This Fellbottom is only one person of interest. Maybe a library? Perhaps this town has more secrets to it that no one realizes? And..." She looked over back at the hut. "Sophie's outburst aside, I imagine she'd be curious to check out that burger joint. Food in general as well. Perhaps we can try and get something from town?"

"Uuuh yeah..." Sam fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a total of $20. "I scavenged what I had at home. You should be able to get some instant mac n cheese from the store at least. As for a library we have one of those in the middle of town. I used it for an assignment from school. It should have a lot of old newspapers if you want to figure something out. And Bun's Burger's I mean...if you want to go there I can give you directions...

Again, it's no Burger King."

@Ver @Capri @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Space_Candy @Lucky @Takumi @Minerva
"Uh, aha, sure. We can split up, cover more ground," Buddy said with a breath, his arms initially folded until he raised a stern finger as he continued speaking. "I'm not going anywhere near a burger joint though. And honestly, you guys shouldn't either. I mean, what kind of world do we live in where you can make a living off mass slaughter and putting some bread and cheese on their corpses for good measure?"

"No offense," he uttered to Sophie, before clearing his throat.

"Anyway, that's that for me. I'm gonna go see about meeting this Fellbottom person. Anyone else coming with?"

"I'll go with you to see Mr. Fellbottom." Link spoke up, deciding not to respond to the 'burger joint' thing. Besides he had planned to talk to Fellbottom again anyway.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked Ireena, glancing to her for a moment.

@Jeremi @Ver @Minerva @Capri @Everyone

"I agree, let's go see Mister Fellbottom." Ireena concurred. She gave a slight nod towards Link. "It's the most sensible option at this point in time, given that he and Sam are the only ones we know here in town. Plus a scholar should be able to help us get our bearings in other ways.” She straightened out the tabard and looked down at her clothes.

She would have to be in the light armor that she wore, but it would probably be fine.

@Ver @Jeremi

"Alright," Sam nodded. "I'll head with you guys to college. My sis still owes me money and she's probably hanging around there still. She's a student there and she's renting her dorm room. Because you know 'it's not cool living home with your parents'. I mean how's it not cool? Just look at me! You just have to smile and play nice and everything works out!"

Between that Steelheart addressed Sophie. "If you are eager to seek out this burger place then I'll at least come with you. Considering some of the strangeness we've seen here so far. We should definitely not go out alone here."

"Alright," Sam nodded. "I'll head with you guys to college. My sis still owes me money and she's probably hanging around there still. She's a student there and she's renting her dorm room. Because you know 'it's not cool living home with your parents'. I mean how's it not cool? Just look at me! You just have to smile and play nice and everything works out!"

Between that Steelheart addressed Sophie. "If you are eager to seek out this burger place then I'll at least come with you. Considering some of the strangeness we've seen here so far. We should definitely not go out alone here."

"I agree, let's go see Mister Fellbottom." Ireena concurred. She gave a slight nod towards Link. "It's the most sensible option at this point in time, given that he and Sam are the only ones we know here in town. Plus a scholar should be able to help us get our bearings in other ways.” She straightened out the tabard and looked down at her clothes.

She would have to be in the light armor that she wore, but it would probably be fine.

@Ver @Jeremi

"Hm. We might get more answers this time." He replied in response to Ireena. At least, he hoped so.

Removing his shield from his arm to his back for the time being, Link glanced over to Sam as he brought up that he would join the group going to the college.

It was probably for the best, as Sam likely knew where the college was. Though as Sam mentioned how things worked out if you were nice and smiled, Link chuckled and gaze the young boy a smile of his own, a small hint of amusement in his eyes.

"That's one way to look at it, I suppose." He mused.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ver @Everyone

View attachment 10907

"Not cool to live with your parents? Well, that's college kids for you. Think they're the smartest turds around. Not that I was any different when I was in college, I guess," Buddy breathed in response to Sam's words. "I just hope neither of my kids think that way when they get to that age."

"Actually, I'll settle for them not already thinking that. You'd think they'd be more hyped about their dad being a famous hero working with the Justice League, but here we are."

Buddy coughed, before crossing his arms. "Anyway, let's get a move on then!"

"I mean being part of the Justice League and WORKING for the Justice League are two very different things isn't it?" Sam asked Buddy. Either way it was time to get a move on. It was around 10AM when the group finally headed off. With almost the full day in front of them still when they entered the town limits Sam gave directions for Steelheart and Sophie on where to find the burger joint while the rest of them headed for Ainley College.

This is 106.1 WACK with your host DJ Bigboi Dream. Folks, it that time of the year again where we all let our hair down and are ready for new conquests on new shores. Well all need to strip ourselves of the familiarity of Eagleville and bathe in the knowledge of the unknown. Up next is the French sensation Desireless with the song Voyage Voyage.

The group that made their way towards Aisley College were met with a very large and impressive campus area. Due to it being the summer there wasn't a lot of people around.

buildings_Hoyt_feature.jpg

Following the park area they soon found themselves at the main building. "Well here we are!" Sam swept his arm around the area. "Pretty impressive huh?" In fact some of the group thought it odd that a small town like this had such a big college so close to it. There was a handy sign up front that would lead them to the faculty area if they just followed the path to the right. The main campus area seemed to be to the left.

@Takumi @Minerva @Ver @AisleyCollege

Meanwhile

Sophie and Steelheart found themselves standing outside a small burger joint called Bon's Burgers. It didn't look run down or anything but it just seemed to be quite small and inconspicuous.

They could see there was a few cars in the parking lot. Having not entered yet Steelheart looked at Sophie. "We don't have to go in if you don't want to."

@Capri @BurgerJoint​

@Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Space_Candy @Lucky

SOPHIE WALTEN
@Jeremi @BonsBurgers

"I-I think I’m fine going in…" Sophie said, calmly reassuring Steelheart on her decision.

Sophie took a deep breath and gestured for Steelheart to go in front. "Just… after you is all…"

View attachment 10992

"Uuh, yeah, it's pretty cozy, I guess. Never woulda thought a place like this would be so close to such a sleepy neighborhood... no offense," Buddy remarked to Sam as the group reached the college. With that said, the man seemed to only just remember the peculiar way he was dressed, and considering the sensitive nature of the situation, he figured it would probably be best to keep a low profile.

He didn't have any spare clothes on hand though, so Buddy simply elected to zip up his jacket to hide his costume, and pulled his goggles up to his head. There, that should do it, right? A look like this was in during the late '80s, right?

"Now, then... I spy with my little eye..."

From there, upon weighing his options, Buddy chose to take a left for the main campus area, gambling that he wasn't going to find this Fellbottom guy in the faculty area.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva @College

Scrappy Doo

Scrappy had somehow accidently slept in and managed to miss most of the conversation that had happened, only hearing key words such as college, burger joint and library. When he did wake up, everyone was gone. " Maybe they went to the library, it's what I would do," he mumbled as the pup tried to think of a fast disguise working with the stuff around to make himself look like a short human man and headed to the library.

@Jeremi @Library

Steelheart gave Sophie a friendly smile as she nodded and stepped into the burger joint. A dingle signaled the arrival of the two new costumers. They were met by a few patrons at some of the tables eating and a pasty looking teen standing at the counter. "Hi and welcome to Bon's burgers. What do you want?" He remarked with a squeaky voice.

@Capri @BurgerJoint

"None taken. I think we talked about it in history class or something. We had...something big here back in the day. Oil? Maybe?" Sam remarked clearly not sure what he was talking about.

For those following Buddy they'd soon stumble on signs for where the students were living. The spotted a few of them walking and talking practically ignoring the group as they walked past. "I think that was one of my sisters friends," Sam remarked. Past the living area they might have found what they were looking for. With bold gothic letters on the side of the building there was a sign with 'Aviary house' on the front.

After some digging in town Scrappy stumbled unto an old stone building that said library up front. Instantly as he stepped inside there was rows and rows of books with the library counter standing in the center of it housed by an old lady with thick glasses. The library seemed otherwise to be empty.

@Lucky @Library

@Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Sark @Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Jackythejack @Space_Candy

Steelheart gave Sophie a friendly smile as she nodded and stepped into the burger joint. A dingle signaled the arrival of the two new costumers. They were met by a few patrons at some of the tables eating and a pasty looking teen standing at the counter. "Hi and welcome to Bon's burgers. What do you want?" He remarked with a squeaky voice.

@Capri @BurgerJoint

"None taken. I think we talked about it in history class or something. We had...something big here back in the day. Oil? Maybe?" Sam remarked clearly not sure what he was talking about.

For those following Buddy they'd soon stumble on signs for where the students were living. The spotted a few of them walking and talking practically ignoring the group as they walked past. "I think that was one of my sisters friends," Sam remarked. Past the living area they might have found what they were looking for. With bold gothic letters on the side of the building there was a sign with 'Aviary house' on the front.

After some digging in town Scrappy stumbled unto an old stone building that said library up front. Instantly as he stepped inside there was rows and rows of books with the library counter standing in the center of it housed by an old lady with thick glasses. The library seemed otherwise to be empty.

@Lucky @Library

Seeing the Aviary House Link went to approach the building. It made sense to have such a place, in the Hyrulian's eyes.

It could also be possible that Fellbottom was in there trying to find some connections with the missing wildlife.

@Jeremi @Ver @Minerva @College

"Aviary, huh? Now we're talkin'. This is my kinda oasis!" Buddy exclaimed, barely able to hold back a smile. It might have been the most predictable thing for Animal Man to react in this manner, but he couldn't help it. He was always more at ease if any kind of animal was around, even if they were just birds to others.

"May as well, you know, take a look inside. No reason not to, after all," he shrugged, and with that, walked inside to take a good look.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva @College

As the group made their way into the foyer there was a small sign that read 'mind the birds'. But as they stepped through the second set of doors however they only thing they were met by was humidity and silence.

The main area of this place was filled with trees and places for birds to live, but there didn't seem to be any wild life inside. The only thing they could hear was some mumbling up ahead.

As the group made their way into the foyer there was a small sign that read 'mind the birds'. But as they stepped through the second set of doors however they only thing they were met by was humidity and silence.

The main area of this place was filled with trees and places for birds to live, but there didn't seem to be any wild life inside. The only thing they could hear was some mumbling up ahead.

It was almost disappointing seeing that there were no birds here. It was also a bit eerie, in a sense. Link frowned, but followed the sound of the mumbling up ahead.

He figured that it was likely Fellbottom, or perhaps one of the students still on campus. Either way, he'd move with a bit of caution.

"..."

More pressing than the silence of the aviary, Buddy could just feel the absence of many birds -- if any -- in the area. Perhaps he shouldn't be surprised at this point whenever he'd bump into a weird situation, but it really would be nice sometimes to just have an open and shut case. What, did the animals disappear along with the people too?

Of course, Buddy didn't need the keen hearing of a dog to hear the mumbling up ahead, given how little other noise there seemed to be in the area anyway. Nodding toward Link, Buddy also followed the source of the sound to see who was making it.

@Takumi @Jeremi @Minerva @Aviary

SOPHIE WALTEN
@Jeremi

"H-hi… um…" Sophie says, "Two burgers… please?"

She fiddles with her hand, looking around the burger joint to see if there’s anything of notice​

As the group got closer Link did recognize the frame of Fellbottom pacing back and forth beneath a giant tree. He seemed to be lost in thought for a moment before he spotted the group. "Oh! My goodness!" He jumped back, startled. "I didn't even hear you come in! I'm sorry to say but I believe I'm the only one of the faculty here today, so if you're asking for extra credit or something then I'm afraid you are out of luck!"

The kid behind the counter was quiet for a moment before he tapped in an order. "Two Bon's burgers. That'll be $1.20 please." Steelheart handed over some money that they had gotten from Sam.

As that was going Sophie could see that the rest of the patrons seemed in different to their arrival. Then suddenly she spotted an elderly black man in one of the corner booths give her the quickest of glance before he returned to his meal.

@Capri

As the group got closer Link did recognize the frame of Fellbottom pacing back and forth beneath a giant tree. He seemed to be lost in thought for a moment before he spotted the group. "Oh! My goodness!" He jumped back, startled. "I didn't even hear you come in! I'm sorry to say but I believe I'm the only one of the faculty here today, so if you're asking for extra credit or something then I'm afraid you are out of luck!"

The kid behind the counter was quiet for a moment before he tapped in an order. "Two Bon's burgers. That'll be $1.20 please." Steelheart handed over some money that they had gotten from Sam.

As that was going Sophie could see that the rest of the patrons seemed in different to their arrival. Then suddenly she spotted an elderly black man in one of the corner booths give her the quickest of glance before he returned to his meal.

@Capri

Well, it was good to know it was Fellbottom after all. As the man was startled Link held up his hands as he gave the professor an apologetic look.

"That's not rewlly why we're here Mr. Fellbottom. You met with me and Ireena the other day, remember?" Link spoke up.

Well, it was good to know it was Fellbottom after all. As the man was startled Link held up his hands as he gave the professor an apologetic look.

"That's not rewlly why we're here Mr. Fellbottom. You met with me and Ireena the other day, remember?" Link spoke up.

Yes sir, it’s nice to meet you again.” Ireena said, giving a polite bow. “We were wondering if we could ask you a few questions.” She said, smiling and turning to Link.
@Jeremi @Ver

SOPHIE WALTEN
@Jeremi

Sophie took a seat with Steelheart, peering over at the elderly black man, before turning to Steelheart.

"I don’t see any… mechanical characters. I don’t know how to put it, like robots that have limited movements and sing songs and stuff…"

She then covertly gestured to the elderly man.

"Also… that man gives me the willies…"

Back