Deus Ex Machina Radiance Park

Ophelia Kournova - Radiance Park

Ophelia wasn't in the mood to argue with Briar today. "It's easy to kidnap a little girl in a crowd this large and preoccupied, no matter how smart you think you are. There's nothing saying we cant have fun together today, Briar. Why don't you tell me what you might be interested in doing and we'll check it out?" She began to sense that there was a man watching the two of them, seemingly interested in Briar, though she sensed no particular nefariousness in his thoughts, still she decided to be on guard.

Mr. V. - Radiance Park

The sun was harsh on the mask that covered Mr. V's face, a constant reminder of the scars it hid. He was growing a bit impatient, as there seemed to be little trouble amongst the crowd as the festivities continued, no Moon Level cutpurses to eliminate and receive payment on. It was a waste of his time being here and he hoped that something would happen soon.

Archibald Lark - Radiance park

Archie met the older woman's gaze with an easy smile and made his way towards the two. As he walked towards the two he started to think of what bullshit excuse he'd day so he'd have a reason to talk to them. "Hi" he greeted them cheerily "I'm with the...-" this made him stop but only for a second "Herald of Sol Newspaper" he gave a pause of recognition "I'm sure you've heard of it? I'm here trying to publish a story on the Sun Festival" The well-dressed boy pulled out a notepad and parchment with his mouth still curled upwards "Would you Lovely Ladies be willing to give me a moment of your time to answer a few questions for my boss?"

Last edited:
Michael Masagrove - Radiance Park

A brunet male whimpered as he walked the streets of an unfamiliar area, his feet dragged him towards a grassier area. Drooping, his eyes scanned the crowds of people that sat around the park he had undoubtedly got himself lost in. With his hands close to his chest, he started walking towards a board which displayed a map of the park. Glancing at the names that held no meaning to him, he let out a frustrated sigh.

All he wanted to do was go to the Sun Festival people were talking about.

In all his excitement and impatience, he had gotten himself stranded in an unknown place with no brother to help him and no base knowledge of the geography of sun level to get him anywhere he wanted to be. A group of girls passed him and he hurriedly turned his back towards them and stared intensely at the map, pretending to understand what he was doing. One of them glanced at him and turned towards her group of friends whispering something. He could feel stares behind his back and he took in a deep breath, trying to look calm and collected. As they passed, his figure faltered. Had they known who he was? Was he in trouble? Questions floated around his head unanswered and a worried look started to etch itself onto his face.

As he was about to turn around and wander aimlessly in the park once more, he saw a large woman scolding somebody in front of her. He couldn't see for her... curvy... shaped... behind, blocked his way. Blood rose to his cheeks, as he side stepped to his right only to find a younger girl, probably about his age, nonchalantly speaking to her; as if acknowledging the older woman's presence was difficult enough.

Aanother man was also talking with them. He seemed... creepy.

Briar Reid - Radiance Park
Briar shot a glance at Ophelia upon the arrival of the strange boy, before looking back at him with a slight grin. "Herald of Sol newspaper, huh? In fact no, I haven't heard of it before. Strange, isn't it? You'd think after living here my whole life I'd know the name of a simple paper..." The girl tapped her chin for a moment, looking deep in thought. "Hmm. You know, you don't have to lie to talk to a pretty girl. At least, not this one," she added with a flutter of her eyelashes.

Archibald Lark - Radiant Park

Archie was taken completely unprepared for that and turned beet red "T-Th-That's N-not-.... W-Well s-see uhhhm-P-papers and uhh ... stuff? NEWS?!" he wasn't actually sure how to respond to that and went dead silent for what seemed like a minute just staring at them awkwardly until he straightened his back "Well even if you haven't heard about the Herald I work for it and my boss did give me this job." he gave an awkward smile and laugh. The young boy wasn't really sure why he was still here but continued anyway with his quill and parchment "So Briar was it? How are you enjoying the festival so far, It's a lovely day isn't it?"

But of course not as lovely as you
Archie was mentally slapping himself for not saying that but he was never good making things up on the spot. Would it have worked he thought It would be like with his favorite characters, shifting the conversation on to the other person? keeping them unbalanced but... No " Not as lovely as you" was lazy and you can do better than that. Archie realized that he was looking into space and caught himself with another awkward and tense smile.

Last edited:

Ophelia was actually rather proud of Briar for being able to see through the young man's horrible lie. He wasn't lying for any sort of con, that much Ophelia could tell, he just had nervous energy radiating off of him. Briar's flirting with the poor boy made Ophelia smile, being a romantic herself, she saw nothing wrong with her wishing to get to know this boy better, he seemed like a nice enough lad.

"Dear, even if Logos hadn't blessed me with the ability to see through lies, I'd be able to tell you were making your entire story up." Ophelia told the boy, calmly and humorously. "Come now, we're more than willing to answer your questions, I merely wish to here the true reason for why you wish to ask them." Her tone was motherly and encouraging, letting the young man feel safe in admitting his true purpose.

It was then that she felt another person's gaze looming upon her, turning to find yet another adolescent looking at them, with an intriguing wooden cane. This boy was too young for her as well, but she flashed him a kind smile nonetheless.

Whelp the jig was up and he didn't really feel like keeping his act up for too long "F-Fine" Archie gave a groan "I don't really know why I'm here honestly.... It's just you two-" he stopped himself before he could say are really attractive "I mean... Well see there's this group of young rakes that have this club... It has the sons of some the wealthiest and most renown houses and they like to get together sometimes" The young lad blushed slightly "But they uhhm... The poetry they recite is fairly proscribed and slightly forbidden. They said I could join them but I'd needed to bring my own verses to recite and I've never really been knowledgeable with some of the themes that they write about and so I'm walking around looking for a muse to guide my hand" Another awkward silence ensued and Archie gave a cough "-Until I stumbled into you two"

Last edited:
The festivities would not last long, as just when the party was just starting to get warmed up, something amazing happened. The shadows on the ground grew longer, the air grew colder, and the light grew dimmer. Within just a few short minutes, The Sun Level saw something it had never seen before. Instead of the sun shining down on them, it was the moon, surrounded by her symphony of stars.

Needless to say, suns vanishing without warning tend to do certain things to one's psyche, and Auroris quickly fell into such a chaos that only a cataclysm could bring about. Is this the end of the world? Probably not, but cynicism does tend to be the prominent disposition for most people, doesn't it?

Michael Masagrove - Radiance Park
With a surprised look on his face, his heart felt warmed by the older woman's kind smile. You never see this kind of thing in the moon level so experiencing such warmth and caring was... exhilarating. Throwing back a smile of his own, he threw the mature woman a wave as well, small and barely noticeble. His heart rate quickened as he realised he had been spotted by someone clearly from a higher class. The silk that adorned her voluptuous figure was only something he could've imagined in his dreams, never actually being able to touch it or see it so close to him. Her sense of fashion was marvellous, the design was beautiful. However, the colour arrangements were a bit off putting, he was more used to either contrasting colours or monochromatic schemes.

Stiffly, he stood in his place, his hands ran over his soft brown locks as he debated wether or not to approach her. He could be in serious trouble.

Abruptly, the sky turned a darkish hue, something he was very familiar with. Gasping, he looked towards the sky in confusion.

What was happening?

He had to find Michael. That was Leonard's only mission in life at that point in time. Fuck the Demis, fuck the mission, the sun just disappeared. Racing through crowds of people, Leonard felt his cap blow off from the wind as he launched people out of the way with all his strength, tearing through the panicking crowd as he frantically searched for his little brother.

Eventually he managed to spot him, looking like up at the sky in confusion. Barging through the crowd of people, he shoves a lady out of the way before grabbing Michael by the shoulders. "Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere? Did anything happen while I was gone?" He fired off a barrage of questions to the smaller boy, worry lining his face. 'What the hell is going on? Did Sol give up on his job or something?' He thinks to himself as he checks over Michael's body.

Last edited:
Marjory Collingworth - Radiance Park
Marjory had just bought the most amazing tasting carmel apple. She bit into it and closed her eyes; savoring the tart and sweet combination.

When she opened them again, everything was dark. At first she thought it was storm clouds. But that didn't make any sense. The sky was clear. She looked up, and gasped. The apple she had been chewing on fell out of her mouth. The sky was pitch black. The sun was completely gone! The only light that remained was... the moon? And where those stars? She gaped at the sky in amazement. It was terryfing and beautiful all at once.

What happened?

Last edited:

Archie looked confused as the light of the sun disappeared. He recognized the stars and the moon from his time prowling the rooftops of the moon level with the gangs of urchins that he had befriended. Part of him was worried, A pit forming in his stomach as thoughts of the worst raced through his mind. After a few minutes, the young lad just shook those thoughts away and instead spoke to the group that was now forming in front of him "M-Maybe...-" He thought of something witty to say "Maybe Sol went on a break" he said before laughing loudly "Or Maybe Luna's having marital problems and wanted to be alone right now"

He was never good under pressure but if all else failed he could always make fun of the situation. Archie was scared although the beauty of the sky did distract him somewhat. He always enjoyed the night so much more than the day what with its diamond filled vista, the soft silver glow it shone upon everything the moonlight touched and the inky void between the spheres of light. The young lad just stared dreamily at the night sky.

The boy she had smiled at certainly was adorable as she could sense how touched he was by her small gesture. He was clearly from the moon level as she could feel how alien the gesture felt to him, and she was tempted to go over and talk to him when suddenly, the impossible happened.

The entirety of the Sun level went dark as the moon became fully exposed and these tiny dots that she could only assume were stars, shone in the sky. Before she even had time to react, she was pushed aside by some unknown person, unable to keep her balance in her heels, she fell to the ground. She began desperately looking for Briar through the panic and saw the boy she was just smiling at being attended too by a man she assumed was his brother due to how similar they looked.

As Ophelia stood, she winced, apparently her ankle had been twisted during her fall. Removing her heels, she quickly limped over to Briar and the poet. "Briar, take my hand and do not leave my sight." It wasn't often that she gave Briar orders, but this time was serious. She heard the suggestion of the poet and scoffed, her father's logic shining through. Sol wasn't taking a break, there was only one true explanation...

Mr. V - Radiance Park

The sun blew out. It was a fact that made the masked man smile for the first time in a long time. Finally, something interesting was happening in this mundane city, something that would truly test his skills. He turned on his infrared vision, allowing him to see the heat signatures clearly, and smiled at the chaos happening around him. He only hoped that his mother would seek vengeance upon the god who blew out the sun, Mr. V would help however he could.

Briar Reid - Radiance Park
Briar looked at the sky wide-eyed after the sun disappeared, for once in her life rendered speechless. What? How? She wondered. She didn't even bother to protest against Ophelia's command, absently taking her hand, rooted to the spot.

Isidro Norcross
Radiance Park

As Isidro played his guitar all went dark in the park. His strumming stopped and he looked around in anticipation. What has happened? Has Sol passed from existence. He stood and packed his guitar. He felt a slight push in his mind that usually happened when Calista wanted to come to the fore. Calista being the more suited for fighting and defensive measures was probably the better choice to be at the fore. Isidro collapsed for a brief moment as her personality took over.

Victor Ayre - Radiance Park
Victor was simply walking across the park, creeping ever so slowly towards the musicians, soon ending up at the area where all the dances are going. He stands there, gazing with joy at the dancers. He is amazed by their fancy dresses and suits that share wonderful colors of different spectrums. He was happy. He notices that the dancing stopped for a moment and saw a couple of the girls get free for a dance. As he was about to approach one of them, the event happened.

Victor looked to the sky and everything was dark. Sun is gone, with moon replacing it with all of the stars. This is worrisome. He quickly got afraid. Is this a sign? Is he going to die? He got afraid and his thirty-two years old heart begun to pump blood through his body as he begun to sweat. He quickly looked around and looked for Sid. ''Sid!'' He shouts as he begun to panic while walking through the masses of people, pushing them gently as he looks for the big guy Sid.

Sid - Radiance Park

When the sky went black, chaos ensued. People began running around screaming. Sid had to duck and weave his way through the panicked crowd. One particularly distraught man shoved Sid out of his way. The teacup he was holding fell to the ground with a crash; scattering porcelain shards all across the the path. Sid didn't bother to pick up the mess, he was too busy staring into the back of the idiot who pushed him.
"Sid!" Victor's voice rose above the crowd. Sid's attention immediately switched from the man to the direction the Victor's voice had come from. Smoothly and quickly, Sid pushed through the crowd. He eventually spotted Victor a few yards away, looking quite terrified.
"Over here, sir!" Sid called. "This way!"

Victor heard the calling of Sid as he quickly starts running towards Sid. He pushes through the crowd of people, running as hard as he can. Soon he spots the height of Sid in the distance as he starts going towards him. It was a long trip but he survived.

Victor arrived in front of Sid as he pants, holding tightly from him for a moment, panting. He just breathes there heavily for a moment, as with every panic attack of his. After a minute or so he finally got back to his senses and stopped holding tightly from Sid. He looks up at Sid, noticing the darkness above them all as he remembers what happened. ''What... What is going on, Sid? Do you have any idea who or what is causing this strange event? Why is the sun gone?'' He finally managed to ask.

Sid - Radiance Park
"I really cannot say, sir." Sid replied. "Such a thing has never occurred in Auroris to my knowledge." Sid was a bit baffled. If this where a sudden storm or an earthquake. Sid wouldn't care. He'd press on as if nothing would happen. But this was the sun. Something that was supposed to be permanent. Sid liked reliability, he liked a routine, structure. The more he thought about it the more uncomfortable he felt.

Victor nodded, sighing. This is a new thing, but also exhilirating in terms of one thing: A new mystery for him to discover. He looks up at Sid.''We need to get out of here as soon as we can. Somewhere where we can discuss more about what happened before the sun dissapeared. Maybe we can find some clues in our memories.'' He said. He has already changed from his sudden panic strike that he had.

Back