Deus Ex Machina Radiance Park

Mors - Radiance Park
Mors watched as most of the people still left in the park left in a hurry, while a scarce few actually seemed like they wanted to help. Good. The fewer the better, as far as he was concerned. Once everyone else had gotten far enough away, Mors turned to face the remaining group and exhaled heavily. "Well now that I've got your attention," he began. His form began to shift once more, and within a few seconds he no longer looked like the God of Death, but a simple man. Still a tall, dark-haired man with yellow eyes, but significantly less threatening now, dressed in current clothes rather than archaic robes. The wings on his back turned to metal and folded up into something like a metal backpack, though it all went so fast no one would be able to get a proper look at the new wings. All the while, Mors had begun to pace past the group, looking very much like a general about to lecture an army. He'd learned that bit from Cassis. She probably would have been a much better choice for this mission, wouldn't she? Well, too late now.

Mors took stock of just what kinds of people he had in his rag-tag group. Mostly Demis, a few humans, an automaton, and... He paused to look at one particular individual. She was wearing a hood, so he couldn't see her face even though she had illuminated herself with light. Mors got the feeling that she was familiar, but he couldn't quite place his finger on why that was. "What's your name?" he asked suddenly.

@~Nemo~

Ginger Valentine- Radiance Park
Ginger glanced at Mors from under her hood, a gentle smile gracing her face. Removing her hood, she could only glance at him for a moment. Her light floated away from her, slowly towards Mors. It circled him before drifting back to her. "My name's Ginger Valentine, daughter of Aurora. Pleasure to meet you, Mors." she spoke, saying his name with familiarity in her tone. She smiled once more before putting the hood on her head. "Shall we get going?" she said, waving her hand before her.

Nadri-Radiance Park
"Wait, I'll join too!" A girl called out, running towards the search party. Glancing around the group, her eyes were set on the one she was looking for. Her contact offered a high price after all. Looking towards Mors, she bowed slightly. "I think we'll be good. Just don't kill me." she said, her accent heavy, as she smiled towards Mors before shuffling off towards the group, standing near the man with the mask. "Hi, I'm Nadri. Nice to meet you, sir."

Mors - Radiance Park
Mors still got a funny feeling from this strange demigod, but he shrugged it off. "Right, you'll do," he said, giving her a nod. He barely even acknowledged the newcomer before turning to address the rest of the group. "Because I have neither the time nor desire to deal with all of you, we'll have two groups. I'll be leading one, and - Ginger, was it? - will be leading the other. You report back to me if you find anything." Mors examined the people in front of him for a moment longer before pointing to various people seemingly at random in the crowd. "You, you, you, and you. Oh, and you. Follow me, we'll be heading to Luna's favorite little hideout, her temple. Modest, isn't she?"

The God of Death didn't even wait to see if any of the people he pointed to were going to follow him as he headed out, giving the impression that he would have been perfectly happy to waltz off to the Moon Level all on his own.

Mr. V - Radiance Park

The man with the mask was disappointed that he didn't get to go with the god of death's group. He figured there could be much that he could learn about his mother from the god. But he cast that thought aside as he turned to the newcomer who was placed in his group. An oddly dressed but attractive woman with an accent he couldn't place. He held his hand out for a handshake. "Just call me Mr. V. Here's hoping you're good in a fight. Aside from our leader, most of these other sods don't look like much." He said as he waited for the girl named Ginger to give her orders.

Ophelia Kournova - Radiance Park

Ophelia watched the god speak, fascinated with the way he seamlessly changed forms. She could feel the pulse of his emotions, telling her that he truly felt as apathetic as he was acting about the whole mission. This god certainly piqued her interest, and she was certainly glad when he chose her and Briar to be a part of his group. Before she even got a chance to follow the god of death though, she heard a familiar voice call out from the distance.

It was Briar's parents. Come looking for their little girl. Ophelia couldn't blame them, if she had a child, she'd be just as panicked in this situation. So she knelt down next to her pupil and gave an apologetic look. "I know you and I don't always see eye to eye on things, Briar. But I'm asking you to listen just this once. Your parents look worried sick about you. I know how much you want to go on this adventure, but for all we know it could be fraught with danger. I don't doubt your abilities, but I also don't want to take the risk of losing you, of your parents losing you. I beg you, go and be with your family, if not for my sake, then for theirs. I'll tell you all about the adventure if I make it back alive, I promise." She waited for Briar's answer before departing towards Luna's temple to try and catch up to the god of death.

Marjory - Radiance Park
Marjory's eyes widened and her jaw dropped slightly as she saw the god of death go from a terryfing winged skeleton to a rather good looking man. Those cheekbones. She stared wonderingly at him. Then he pointed at her. She about fainted. He chose her! Of all the people in the group he chose her! Then she shook herself. That was a god. They where probably related in some way.
She bounded forward excitedly.
"A manhunt! This is going to be fun!"

Sid - Radiance Park

Sid gently tapped his master's shoulder.
"I believe we should join that group over there if we are to participate sir." he said. He eyed the exuberant young woman with distaste; silently thanking the god for not putting them with her.

Michael Masagrove - Radiance Park
And thus, they were placed into two groups. Fortunately, he was placed with his brother. A feeling of relief washed over him as he stood closer to Leonard, the feeling never to surface on his face. Straightening himself, he combed his hair with his fingers and adjusted his hat quickly as he spotted the two beautiful females in his group. He would have called them ladies but the younger one didn't quite fit the description of the specific word. With an excited smile plastered on his face, he looked towards the death god, who seemed rather apathetic to the whole ordeal.

Although he understood his brother probably had other plans that most likely didn't include putting the murderer of Sol either in captivity or to deah, he still didn't like the idea of trying to search for Luna. He may have a distaste towards demi-gods who abuse their powers, but gods weren't beings he wanted to meddle with. The affairs of those above him are beyond his comprehension, but for his brother, he'll try his best. It didn't matter that he had a 80% chance of dying because of his brother.

Leonard was the only family he had left.

Sharing a look with Michael, Leonard made his way after the God of Death with his brother. As he followed Mors towards Luna's temple (where was that again?), he thought of what he was trying to achieve here. According to Mors Luna, big bad Luna, had murdered Sol and plunged the world into a darkness so pitch black he had have trouble seeing in general. Now that was a god he would like to meet, and hopefully convince to give a repeat performance. Then again, he did have that pesky deal with a more... annoying God.

Mors' 'offer' was suspicious at best, blatant trap at worst. 'Immortality' didn't necessarily mean he would be able to think, just that he would live forever. Glancing at his brother as he walked, he also re-affirmed that he didn't have much of a choice either way. If it was a trick, it meant either Michael's death or his own. It wasn't even a choice, Michael would live.

"What do you want us to do once we're there? I sincerely hope your plan isn't to bust in guns blazing to a temple filled with priests devoted to her and demand to know where she is." He says to Mors after a small jog to catch up with the God.

Ginger-Radiance Park
With her hood still on, she turned to the remaining people in her group and snapped her fingers at them as she did so. "Alright, fix yourselves up and let's get moving. We got a lot of travelling to do in little time so I hope you're up for it. If not, go home now." With that, she turned and walked off from the group, her cloak billowing behind her as she walked the direction opposite from Mors' group. The faster they could get this done, the sooner she could see him again.

Nadri-Radiance Park
"Of course I'm good in a fight. It's a necessity in my village." she spoke with a smile as she studied the man before him. "I hope you are as well. From my knowledge about you, you could be a sod yourself," she paused before leaning in close to where only he could hear her, "Harold. Like the mask by the way." she chuckled, moving to follow the hooded woman.

Calista Norcross
Radiance Park

After she entered the group that was to search for Luna she looked around. A lot of people want to find her, or at least more than I thought would, she thought to herself. No one even second guessed him. Who's to say he didn't murder Sol and now wants to kill his wife. I mean he refused to say how he was killed. That sounds suspicious to me. At that moment Mors decided to seemingly at random divide the group into two told them to work together to find Luna. Ending up in group two she thought to herself, damnit how am I supposed to find her before everyone else when I have to work in a group. Maybe if I stick with them long enough I'll get enough information to to leave them and work alone to find her. Hopefully the chance presents itself.

The next thing she knows some girl in a cloak in her group gets put in charge. She doesn't even show her face to anyone how can we trust her. This just keeps getting more and more suspicious. After her little speech Calista found she cared little for that girl in charge. She did not like her attitude at all. A thought accured to her. If she were a fugitive, she'd want to leave the city. The quickest way to do so that she could think of was through the docks. I'll keep this little bit to myself, she thought to herself.

Briar Reid - Radiance Park
Briar was about to follow the group she and Ophelia had been newly assigned to, but paused when she too heard her parents calling for her in the distance. She looked back at them, her face a mixture of emotions. She didn't want to go but... There was a limit. Briar and her parents might not have had the best relationship, but the bond between parent and child was still strong. When Ophelia knelt down beside her to tell her to leave, Briar had already made her decision. "I think you mean when you make it back," she replied with a little quirk of a smile. "And I want a souvenir."

Briar didn't move while the rest of the group carried on without her, and she stayed to watch them for a few minutes before running back to her concerned parents.

Mors - Radiance Park
Mors looked back at Leonard with a raised eyebrow. "Plan? Who said anything about a plan?" He didn't care to elaborate anymore beyond that. No one exactly planned for Death, now did they?

Ophelia Kournova - Radiance Park

She chuckled and gave a nod to Briar before moving to join the group. She managed to hear the irresponsible brother ask Mors about a plan, and was slightly concerned to hear that the god didn't actually have one. She hoped that she wouldn't have to be the only responsible member of this search party as she followed them down to the Moon Level.

Mr. V - Radiance Park

Harold was stunned for a moment as he watched the foreign girl jog to catch up to their leader. She knew his real name, very few did and most of them had to dig deep to acquire it. A foreigner shouldn't have access to that, which could only mean that she was contracted to kill him. It made sense, Mr. V had made some enemies of contract's families, so he decided to keep a close eye on this Nadri. Following them as they moved to their next location.

Victor nods, sighing. He looks up at Sid.''Ready to follow the rest, good old chap?'' He asked as he started making his way to follow after their leader aswell. He puts his attention to the surroundings of them, to see if he notices something being off, besides t he lack of the sun.

Sid - Radiance Park
The automaton nodded. A small part of him wished they had been picked to go with Mors. The god of death intrigued him, but then he saw the woman skipping after the others and quickly changed his mind.
"Lead on, sir."

Ginger and Nadri- Radiance Park
A sign. Anything. He said he would show it,
she thought, scanning around until she saw it, a flicker in the shadows. With a smile, she turned to the group. "To the Twilight River, we go. Come, come. We must not waste time." With a wave of her hand, she walked off towards the River, again not waiting for the others to follow. She really didn't need them after all. "The sooner we can find out what's really going on, the sooner we can find out if Grandma really killed Grandpa now." Ginger shook her head, pointing to Mr. V and Sid. "You, masked man, take front of the group. And you, automaton, stand by me. You seem useful. You girl," she motioned to Nadri, "join them." Glancing at the rest of her group, she smiled again. "Let's hope you can handle yourselves if it comes down to it."she began to walk again, her

Nadri snapped to attention when the strange lady motioned towards her before moving to the spot she was told to. Looking around, she sent a wink towards Mr.V before turning back around to follow Ginger.

Last edited:
Back