Deus Ex Machina Radiance Park

Ginger looked on at the people who were in the Radiance Garden. To this day, she couldn't help but love to watch how people interacted with one another and grew around one another. Her focus was slightly taken towards the sky when the sun had vanished from it, the hood she wore hiding the smile that graced her soft features, she was always fascinated by night. Walking towards the center of the park, she called her light to her; a deep, golden-red coating her hands. She stood still for a minute, until light floated above her hands into an orb the hovered around her person. "That's better. At least I can see somewhat now." she said with a sigh, before sitting down on the ground. Now it was time to play the waiting game.

Mors - Radiance Park
About an hour had passed as Auroris finally started to grow accustomed to the darkness above their heads, though the air was still thick with panic. A few residents of the Moon Level had brought out lanterns that were being dispersed around the park to those who were freaking out most about the whole event, but everyone else was forced to navigate the area based purely on the light of the moon. Of course, none of this mattered to Mors, who decided this would probably make his entrance that much more spectacular; it would have to be if he were to get everyone's attention.

In that moment, the god fell from the sky like a shooting star streaking toward Radiance Park. Just before he hit the ground, there was a blinding flash of light and a gust of wind as Mors flapped his wings to break his fall. Unfortunately, he didn't try soon enough, and while his effort did break his fall some, he still hit the earth with a great crash. A small crater formed around him in the center of the park, sending dust and dirt flying out in every which direction. After a moment, Mors emerged from the chaos with a cough. Ah, so that's why we don't walk straight out into the sky. Duly noted.

Even with his less-than-stellar entrance, the God of Death made for an imposing figure in the moonlight, dark robes, large, black wings stretched out on either side of him, and a face that was nothing short of a simple skull. Faintly-glowing yellow orbs peered out from the eye sockets at the people around him for a moment before he began.

"Greetings, mortals," Mors said, easily projecting his voice throughout the park. "No doubt you've noticed our current predicament. If any of you have half a brain, you've probably already deduced that Sol is dead, and the sun isn't coming back. If you're wondering how he's dead... Too bad. It's not important. All you need to know is that there's a fugitive god among you, and I need your help finding her so we can all get back to our pretty little lives. Got it?"

Simple enough. Ah, wait, they're going to ask questions now, aren't they? Brilliant. I'm going to be here for hours...

Last edited:
Sid - Radiance Park
Sid was about to respond when a loud explosion sounded from behind them He spun around quickly to see a smoking crater near the center of the park. A figure of a man emerged emerged from the crater he had wings spread out behind him. Sid recognized him instantly. Mors. He turned to his master.

"Why don't we go over there?"

Marjory - Radiance Park
Marjory listened in amazement to the voice of a god. An actual god! A god! And not just any god. It was the god of death. She walked briskly to where she thought the voice was coming from. She saw the crater before she saw him. It was still smoking when she arrived. Then she saw him. He stood there with his black wings and heavens! His face. It was nothing but a skull. She stood there gaping not knowing what to say or do. She was awestruck, and quite terrified.

Leonard slowly turned around, face in a rictus of anger. Having shielded his brother from most of the force of the landing, he glared at Mors. A actual god was right in front of him. This could be his chance. If he could get the jump on Mors, god of Death, he could shorten the crusade by years!

Striding towards Mors from behind the Gods back, Leonard felt his internal generator behind to speed up. A soft blue glow emanates from his body as his eye clicks and whirs, the machine analysing the God. He felt the steam behind to collect, the pipes begin to warm up as he clenched and unclenched his mechanical fist. He could do this. He had to. He could take out Death itself. If he did this right, the god wouldn't even know what hit him.

But... if he did this wrong... if he fucked up in any way, or underestimated the God's resilience, or doesn't know something crucial when it comes to defeating a God... Everything he had worked for, everything he had built up over the years, the connections, the people, the plans and the tech, it would all come crumbling down. His brother, if he even survived the God's wrath, would be left alone...

Gradually the engine begins to wind down, glow disappearing as he slows down, eye still whirring. Stopping just under two metres from Mors, he clears his throat. After the God turns around, he opens his mouth to speak. "How are you going to catch them?" He asks, fully prepared to leap out of the way of anything the god may throw at him.

"If this God is powerful enough to kill Sol, who was just as strong as Luna, if not stronger, what chance do you think you have? Even if they got the drop on him, it was still Sol, one of the first and sun god. As I see it, we're all in amazing amounts of danger including you. Do you have any sort of backup? A plan?" He asks, tone becoming one that mingled both fear and anger. "Everyone here could die if anything goes wrong. So please, can you at least tell us what the plan here is if you have one?"

Michael Masagrove - Radiance Park
As he was grabbed harshly from behind, Michael caught sight of the older woman who had smiled at him falling to the ground. The dress she was wearing flew upwards and as she fell- even her falling to the ground was elegant- layers of her dress seemed to align with each other and combine themselves in different ways. It felt as if the stars had aligned and the gods looked down on him to give him a second of a blessing as he saw the most beautiful thing a male of his age could ever bear witness.

His cheeks flushed a deep red.

He silently thanked his older brother.

However, not for long as after the very rude interrogation from his overprotective, overbearing brother, the older male decided it was a good idea to interact and speak with the god of death. Michael sighed. Why was he cursed with such an impudent and ballsy brother? Quickly catching up with Leonard, Michael grabbed him by the arm and pulled him aggressively. Almost to no effect, considering his lack of strength and his brother's excess of. Slightly peeved, he resorted to a whisper.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!?"

Mors - Radiance Park
It took all of Mors patience to not roll his eyes and to respectfully wait until this human had finished his little speech. While he waited, be contended himself with observing the human in front of him. Strange, how he had augmentations though he was merely a human, not a demigod. In fact, something about him seemed familiar... Ah, that's right. The terrorist. What was his name again? Eh, didn't matter. Mors watched the human with a newfound interest after that.

"Well, I expect that as long as none of you do anything stupid, you should all be perfectly safe. We suspect that Luna killed Sol. We don't know why, but knowing Luna, it's highly unlikely that she'll hurt any of you mortals unless you get in her way. As for the plan, you leave that part to me, little human. I've dealt with things far more dangerous than a rogue goddess."

Mors looked the human up and down and smirked as an idea popped into his head. "But I have a deal for you, Leonard Masagrove," he lowered his voice so the people around wouldn't hear, "If by the end of all this your body count is lower than mine, I'll give you that immortality you so desire. Augmentations? Nothing on what I could give you. But," Mors paused for a moment, letting his initial offer sink in, "If you kill more people than I do on this little mission," his eyes flicked to Michael, "I take your brother's life in payment. Because quite frankly, I'm tired of cleaning up your messes, Leonard. Did you know 5% of the souls I ferried last month were victims of yours? Ridiculous! That's worse than cancer. I don't have much time on my hands to deal with your problems, you know."

Medella would be furious with him if she knew about the deal Mors had just made. Probably best if he didn't tell her about it.

Mr. V - Radiance Park

The masked man stepped forward, moving close to the god of death. "If it's a bounty you're hunting, I'm the only man you'll need for the job, hunting down wanted criminals is a gift that Vindicta herself blessed me with. I only ask two things, Mors. What's the payment for hunting down the goddess of the moon, and do you want her dead or alive? Because alive costs extra."

He looked closely at the human that Mors silently conversed with. He felt like he'd heard of a wanted man with a figure like his before, it'd be best to keep an eye on him, as he could find another bounty while on this little godly mission.

Ophelia Kournova - Radiance Park

Ophelia was intrigued by the quest that this god of death had placed in front of them. Luna being suspected of killing Sol was certainly a heinous accusation, and with her gifts from Logos, she could certainly prove useful in uncovering the truth, but then she looked back at Briar. Her first job was to protect her, and she couldn't do that by getting involved in some god hunt, so she chose to remain quiet for now, and squeeze Briar's hand in comfort.

Leonard narrowed his eyes at Mors before turning his head ever so slightly to peer at Michael. While the god of death made his 'proposition' sound like a deal, Leonard knew that there was only one option. He couldn't hurt Michael, he could never hurt Michael. It was his job to protect him, now that his parents had entered... wherever people go when they die. Mors probably knows.

Looking back at the god of death, Leonard nods at the god, signifying his agreement as he takes a small step back and raises his hood around his head, the shadows cast by Mors being enough to shroud his face in the newfound darkness. Peering at the cocky man with the mask, he noticed him also glancing at Leonard every so often. He probably knew. Would have to watch him. Can't kill until Mors ferries at least two by his own hand.

Michael Masagrove - Radiance Park
"Who the hell do you think you are?!?"

Narrowing his eyes at the god of death before him, he let go of his brother's arm and stomped up to the man. His cheeks flared a vermillion red as his fists clenched his wooden cane tightly. Internally, he screamed at himself and his impudence for disrespecting death. However, he could not let some god, no matter how powerful, strike deals up with his brother. He was the dealer; He handled the decisions and he will absolutely not let some edgelord make a fool of his brother.

"You think you can stroll into the mortal world and offer up some insane deal with my brother without consulting me, his most awesome not-actually-legal lawyer and my soul is part of the deal?:

Michael snorted.

"Well you're dead wrong. Because lawyers don't have souls."

Turning around to face his brother, he gripped his wooden cane with his two hands and smacked his brother's head.

"AND you. You petulant @$!#. You think you can just go on making deals with Gods of death?! I don't think so."

At last, he faced Mors and stared Death in the eyes.

"If we're going to do this. We do this right. You will present a contract with both sides of the deal and both parties must consent and sign to the agreement."

Smiling, Michael fixed his top hat and dusted his suit.

"Let's go."

Victor Ayre - Radiance Park

Victor nods to what Sid was about to say, but then the sound of a crater forming behind him made him turn around. ''Is that...'' He paused as he saw it: An old man with wings appeared in his eyesight. It made his eyes widen up in shock. A sudden stream of fear filled him.

''D-Daddy...'' Victor muttered as he was frozen in fear, but his heart was beating harder and faster. What is he going to do about this? What should he do? Why is he here? He stayed silent, but soon managed to gain the bravery to slowly step towards his father Mors. He just prays that Sid follows and supports him. While walking he begun to make some thinking. Combination of the Death god being here after the dissapearance of Sun must mean something sinister.

Soon Victor was close enough to talk to his own father. ''He-He-Hello, g-good sir. I b-believe you are here because of the sun's dissapearance, which must be the sign of the Sun God's death?'' He asked.

Mors - Radiance Park
Mors watched the ranting teenager calmly until he was done, feeling a mixture of annoyance and mild amusement at the whole scene. But he didn't have time to deal with any of this. "Too late. Deal's made, and we're moving on," he said briskly. Mors turned from the two brothers and returned his attention to the rest of the growing crowd, finding himself bombarded by questions left and right. This was why he didn't do crowds. They each thought they were deserving of his attention, and half of them weren't even listening the first time around. Mors huffed. Dealing with mortals was like herding cats. Thanks Medella. Favorite way to spend my time.

"Alright, I'm only going to say this once, so listen up," he snapped. "Anyone interested in helping hunt down Luna, stand over there." He gestured to his right. "Anyone else, get out of this park and, I don't know, hide in a corner somewhere. That's what you humans do during catastrophes, right?"

Mors sighed. Why did mortals have to be so difficult?

Briar Reid - Radiance Park
Briar watched the whole scene in wonder. She probably should have felt afraid with it all, and initially she was. But now things were starting to make more sense, and the more Briar thought about it, the more she wanted to be involved. She could feel the excitement building up in her chest. She shot a glance at Ophelia to find her mentor looking at her; it seemed like she wanted to find out more about all of this too. Briar gave her a grin and then practically dragged her over to the spot where Mors had indicated.

Mr. V - Radiance Park

He huffed in annoyance at the god's rude behavior. He deserved far more respect than he was currently being given, though the teenager's ramblings did give him useful information, the god of death liked to play with the lives of mortals, good to know if dealing with him in the future. He silently made his way over to the spot Mors indicated and waited for him to stop being grumpy.

Ophelia Kournova - Radiance Park

She found Briar's dragging of her undignified, but she was glad to know that both girls were thinking on the same wavelength. She found the god of death's behavior fascinating and wanted too help the city as best she could. The young boy she had smiled at earlier surprised her by going on a tirade against the god of death, his own brother seemed to offer up his soul in a deal with that god. The arrogance of the older brother filled her with rage. If she got the chance, she'd slap that older brother across the face.

Sid - Radiance Park
Sid looked to his master. "Sir?" he inquired. Sid knew his master was a child of Mors. Not that he really cared. It just could mean that they weren't going to participate in this endevor and Sid needed to know so he could act accordingly.

Malory - Radiance Park
Still gaping, Mallory moved to the area indicated by Mors. "I'll help," she said. She had no idea what she was doing, but she never helped a god before. There was a first time for everything.

"I'm interested." Ginger called out in an almost sing-song tune, stepping towards the area that Mors indicated; a hop in her step as she did so. The light she called to her followed her almost instinctively. She glanced over the people in the park once more with a loving eye before hardening her face once more, though noone could see her expressions. The thought crossed her mind to remover her hood but she decided against it. "This sounds fun."

Victor ponders. It is obvious that Mors is up to no good. Perhaps it would be better if he were to investigate the murder by himself. Why is Mors so confident about the murderer being a god? It could be an godhater, even. He sighs as he looks at Sid. ''What do you think, good Sid?'' He asked.

Last edited:
Sid - Radiance Park
Sid thought for a moment. He didn't know. These where the affairs of gods and humans Sid never really payed attention to them.
"If we help and are successful it would be good for business." he offered, not really knowing what else to say.

Victor nods to what was said. ''That is a good alternative, indeed. That is a good thing to know, though there are the equal chances of my father actually being the murderer, but only time will tell who will be the one that we find out as the murderer. If it's a god, then it will be more than certainly be good for business...'' He said, sighing. He then sets course to the the right of Mors, standing there silently as he looks around himself cautiously.

Calista Norcross
Radiance Park

Calista looked towards the center of the park as she heard the loud bang as debris flew in the air. She saw Mors step out of the crater he made upon his landing. What's he here for, she thought as she headed for the center to hear what he had to say. Sol is dead. Why would Luna do such a thing? I'll find the truth out for myself. If I find Luna first maybe I'll be able to discern the truth from her before they find her. I'll prove her innocence for her somehow, she thought as she moved to the designated area for those interested in helping find Luna.

Deciding enough people have moved already to the investigative side, Leonard tilts his head towards the area at Michael. "I'm gonna go get myself involved. Sorry for the deal, but if I didn't accept he most likely would have just killed me then and there. He seemed pretty annoyed at me. Now I don't want you joining me, it's way too dangerous, but... well, I guess I need something to make up for accepting, so it's up to you if you wanna join." He says under his breath towards Michael before making his way over to Mors' area, not even bothering to give the God a nod. The deity already knew he would anyway.

Striding towards the investigative area Leonard made sure that his face was as shadowed as possible, his artificial eye's soft blue glow dimming to the point of near extinguishment. Making his way over to the right of Mors he keeps his head bowed, nodding towards the group that had gathered as he stands a bit off from the main cluster of them. He really needed to invest in some sort of mask to have on him at all times. He could ask Michael about it later. Might as well have it be fashionable.

Michael Sassygrove - Radiance Park

Glaring at his brother as he strode on to the 'investigation team', Michael wondered just how exactly he was so closely related to someone so stupid. He figured he must've probably been adopted. Or perhaps he was switched at birth with another baby. That would at least make sense. However, he looked too much like his brother- albeit more handsome- to not be related to him. Sighing, he tucked the back of his hair behind his ears and into his hat and sashayed over to where his brother, and now that he looked properly, the older lady and the younger girl was.

Taking his place next to his brother, he crossed his arms and rolled his eyes. "Do you really think you can do this without me? Don't be daft. Or at least, more so than you usually are."

Back