Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you would prefer to take three times the travel time by walking on foot and face off against whatever monsters wait out there, be my guest," Lily told the thief. "The mission is to investigate, not infiltrate. For all we know, Bel is in ruins."

"We're headed into No Man's Land," Urbosa added. "It's a barren wasteland with all sorts of mutated monsters and possible cult activity. With any luck we'll be avoiding both, but you never know."

"If the tank is so fast, why would some of us go on foot?" Geneva asked as Brady helped her into the tank.

"She was mostly speaking to us, I think." Archer's voice spoke without him being seen. "Assassin and I can turn into our spirit forms and move rather quickly."

The drifter, meanwhile, took a seat on top of the tank without saying anything.

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @Minerva @Takumi @York

Well, if their quiet cloaked friend wouldn't share her name well...Lindel couldn't complain much.

Lindel sat on top of the tank after Geneva was helped inside, if he couldn't get inside himself. Besides, if they had to fight for whatever reason, it'd be best if he could access his magical element as well as his sword.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Jeremi @York

Fortunately it seemed a good six people could fit inside, excluding the driver herself. "Thanks, Lindel," Geneva said with a smile as she took his help. Brady had also opted to travel inside, but he wasn't too happy about it.

Once everyone was situated, Lily cleared her throat. "Rations and additional weapons are inside," she said, loud enough that those in and out of the tank could hear. "With my driving abilities and this tank's performance we shouldn't need more than eight hours to get there...but considering the unpredictability of the terrain, expect it may take longer. It looks like there's still some room inside so if those outside need to rest, you can do so."

Her piece said, Lily hopped into the driver's seat, and within minutes, they were off. Though a bit bumpy at first, the tank moved very smoothly, making the trip bearable at the very least. For the first leg of the trip it seemed to be rather calm, with nothing but dry, rocky earth to travel on.

"How did this Luca guy not die out here on day one?" Assassin asked. "Rich people tend to be kinda weak and all."

"I suppose even the wealthy would be used to Ash's climate," Urbosa replied. "Besides, Luca left Charon years before the Ash Incident. The dust still has yet to settle."

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @York

Fortunately it seemed a good six people could fit inside, excluding the driver herself. "Thanks, Lindel," Geneva said with a smile as she took his help. Brady had also opted to travel inside, but he wasn't too happy about it.

Once everyone was situated, Lily cleared her throat. "Rations and additional weapons are inside," she said, loud enough that those in and out of the tank could hear. "With my driving abilities and this tank's performance we shouldn't need more than eight hours to get there...but considering the unpredictability of the terrain, expect it may take longer. It looks like there's still some room inside so if those outside need to rest, you can do so."

Her piece said, Lily hopped into the driver's seat, and within minutes, they were off. Though a bit bumpy at first, the tank moved very smoothly, making the trip bearable at the very least. For the first leg of the trip it seemed to be rather calm, with nothing but dry, rocky earth to travel on.

"How did this Luca guy not die out here on day one?" Assassin asked. "Rich people tend to be kinda weak and all."

"I suppose even the wealthy would be used to Ash's climate," Urbosa replied. "Besides, Luca left Charon years before the Ash Incident. The dust still has yet to settle."

Death's Head held his position letting his blast rest on his lap for the time being. "Time means little, only success and transfer of credits, yes?" The Freelance Peacekeeping Agent remarked from the outside as the tank headed off.

The monotony of looking at the dead earth under them was nothing new. Death's Head had had far more boring assignments in the past. He also knew that there was always the calm before the storm. Gripping his blaster more tightly he'd look over the horizon to see if his optics picked anything up.

Lydia Martin

" As well as answers. We got eight hours in this tank, so it is a good thing that we have food and supplies. Though we probably don't have a bathroom to use. So, we should be careful to not get too happy. These places are dangerous and even though we are in a tank, I can still expect there to be some sort of danger."

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Takumi @York

tumblr_pqvxc4x0OQ1sfafj7_100.jpg

"You're welcome, Geneva." Lindel replied with a smile of his own.

Lydia Martin

" As well as answers. We got eight hours in this tank, so it is a good thing that we have food and supplies. Though we probably don't have a bathroom to use. So, we should be careful to not get too happy. These places are dangerous and even though we are in a tank, I can still expect there to be some sort of danger."

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Takumi @York

"Well whatever potential danger is out there, we have a few in this group that have weapons and abilities that should be able to take care of it quickly and efficiently." Lindel spoke up on the matter Lydia brought up..

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Minerva @York

"You didn't use the bathroom before we left?" Lily sounded completely stunned. "Dealing with all physical necessities is required by the Federation before any mission. Otherwise you open up a potential weakness within you."

"How old are you, amyway?"

"Fourteen. Please do not start another discussion about my age and my position in life. I am content serving the Federation however I can."

Brady sighed and shook his head. "It ain't right..." he muttered to himself.

---

Hours went by, and it seemed there was nothing out of the ordinary to worry about. However, one small detail did rear its head: Maeve had to be removed from the expedition after attempting to steal Urbosa's jewel-studded shield. "If I can't trust you to work with us on the ride here, how can I trust you to do this mission?"

But the scenery didn't change, and oddly enough there seemed to be no monsters or enemies. Even Archer and Assassin had moved ahead to scout six hours in, and reported nothing.

"No Man's Land is right," Archer said. "This place is a deadzone."

"That's strange...this area is known for its hostile inhabitants." Urbosa looked around the barren wasteland before them. "Did you at least see any sign of Bel?"

"Nah," Assassin shook his head. "There's nothing anywhere. Just some weird rubble and stuff."

"Perhaps the ruins...?" The drifter suggested.

"But if Bel is in ruins...where is everyone going?"

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Lucky @Minerva @Takumi @York

"You didn't use the bathroom before we left?" Lily sounded completely stunned. "Dealing with all physical necessities is required by the Federation before any mission. Otherwise you open up a potential weakness within you."

"How old are you, amyway?"

"Fourteen. Please do not start another discussion about my age and my position in life. I am content serving the Federation however I can."

Brady sighed and shook his head. "It ain't right..." he muttered to himself.

---

Hours went by, and it seemed there was nothing out of the ordinary to worry about. However, one small detail did rear its head: Maeve had to be removed from the expedition after attempting to steal Urbosa's jewel-studded shield. "If I can't trust you to work with us on the ride here, how can I trust you to do this mission?"

But the scenery didn't change, and oddly enough there seemed to be no monsters or enemies. Even Archer and Assassin had moved ahead to scout six hours in, and reported nothing.

"No Man's Land is right," Archer said. "This place is a deadzone."

"That's strange...this area is known for its hostile inhabitants." Urbosa looked around the barren wasteland before them. "Did you at least see any sign of Bel?"

"Nah," Assassin shook his head. "There's nothing anywhere. Just some weird rubble and stuff."

"Perhaps the ruins...?" The drifter suggested.

"But if Bel is in ruins...where is everyone going?"

"More credits for the rest of us, yes?"
Death's Head seemed nonplussed at the expulsion of one of their rank. "Pressing matters. Perhaps pertinent to find source? No one around usually equals trouble, yes? Suggest we move on, but carefully."

"...right. There has to be more. I know it." They kept moving forward in the direction the two Servants had gone. After a time, the tank closed in on the rubble area Assassin had spoken of. He was right: everything had been utterly decimated, leaving nothing but whatever debris that was too large to get blown away in the wind. Urbosa stood up on the tank, looking around. "This doesn't make any sense. There's nothing out here at all! Not any mutants, no city...there has to be some sort of mistake." She opened the top of the tank and called down. "Lily! What do the coordinates say?"

The young soldier looked her monitor over. "You're not going to enjoy hearing this...but these are the coordinates on the map."

"What?!" Urbosa looked out before them at the dry, barren, completely deserted earth. "This can't be another dead end. There has to be more here. Geneva, can you get out and see if anything brings back any memories?"

"Yeah, sure." The amnesiac climbed out of the tank, surveying the area as night began to fall. "Um...I...I'm so sorry, Urbosa. I don't...none of this is familiar at all."

Urbosa let out a frustrated sigh. "It's all right, Geneva. I suppose this may just be a dead end. Maybe we could try going towards-hey!"

The drifter had gotten off of the tank and was now walking off to the east. "Where are you going?!"

"Right where we need to be," she replied cryptically. "You may come along, if you so desire."

"..." Urbosa mulled it over. "It's not as if we have any more leads to follow." She looked down inside the tank then to those still seated outside. "None of you are required to join us. You can wait in here and we'll just leave if we don't find anything."

"...right. There has to be more. I know it." They kept moving forward in the direction the two Servants had gone. After a time, the tank closed in on the rubble area Assassin had spoken of. He was right: everything had been utterly decimated, leaving nothing but whatever debris that was too large to get blown away in the wind. Urbosa stood up on the tank, looking around. "This doesn't make any sense. There's nothing out here at all! Not any mutants, no city...there has to be some sort of mistake." She opened the top of the tank and called down. "Lily! What do the coordinates say?"

The young soldier looked her monitor over. "You're not going to enjoy hearing this...but these are the coordinates on the map."

"What?!" Urbosa looked out before them at the dry, barren, completely deserted earth. "This can't be another dead end. There has to be more here. Geneva, can you get out and see if anything brings back any memories?"

"Yeah, sure." The amnesiac climbed out of the tank, surveying the area as night began to fall. "Um...I...I'm so sorry, Urbosa. I don't...none of this is familiar at all."

Urbosa let out a frustrated sigh. "It's all right, Geneva. I suppose this may just be a dead end. Maybe we could try going towards-hey!"

The drifter had gotten off of the tank and was now walking off to the east. "Where are you going?!"

"Right where we need to be," she replied cryptically. "You may come along, if you so desire."

"..." Urbosa mulled it over. "It's not as if we have any more leads to follow." She looked down inside the tank then to those still seated outside. "None of you are required to join us. You can wait in here and we'll just leave if we don't find anything."

Death's Head jumped down from the tank following the peculiar drifter. "Found that crazy people know where to go, yes?" The Freelance Peace Keeping Agent was curious to see where all of this was going.

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Lucky @Minerva @Takumi @York

"Right behind ya!" Assassin followed along eagerly, Archer tagging behind a bit warily. Those walking off behind the drifter would continue to see bits and pieces of rubble laying about. Though it was nothing now, a closer inspection would confirm that, yes, it had definitely been part of some sort of structure before annihilation.

Suddenly, the drifter stopped, raising an arm. "Halt," she whispered. "Do you hear that?"

Further ahead, a faint whimper could be heard.

@Jeremi @Lucky

@Crow @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Takumi @York

Lydia Martin

" I can hear it. Should we approach it carefully? While we know this used to be a village, it is part of the lands we can't go through without death. I am not sure if it is friend or foe."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee

"I mean, we could, but..." Archer paused. "Oi. Assassin. You feel that...?"

Assassin nodded. "Magical energy." He smiled, licking his lips. "And lots of it."

"And what exactly does that mean?" Urbosa asked.

"It can mean a lot of things," Archer replied. "The rules are different outside of our home world, but even so we're sensitive to magical energy. It's basically our power source, so we're drawn to it."

"But this...it feels familiar, y'know?" Assassin moved up ahead. "Almost like..."

"Eek!"

"Yep! I was right!" From behind a chunk of wall, Assassin lifted a little girl up by her shoulders. "A Heroic Spirit, just like us!"

View attachment 4413

"P-Put me down! Let me go!" She struggled to break free, kicking out over the empty air.

@Jeremi @Lucky

@Crow @Minerva @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York

"I mean, we could, but..." Archer paused. "Oi. Assassin. You feel that...?"

Assassin nodded. "Magical energy." He smiled, licking his lips. "And lots of it."

"And what exactly does that mean?" Urbosa asked.

"It can mean a lot of things," Archer replied. "The rules are different outside of our home world, but even so we're sensitive to magical energy. It's basically our power source, so we're drawn to it."

"But this...it feels familiar, y'know?" Assassin moved up ahead. "Almost like..."

"Eek!"

"Yep! I was right!" From behind a chunk of wall, Assassin lifted a little girl up by her shoulders. "A Heroic Spirit, just like us!"

View attachment 4413

"P-Put me down! Let me go!" She struggled to break free, kicking out over the empty air.

@Jeremi @Lucky

"Just a sassy lost child, yes?"
Death's Head replied his weapon still fixed on the mystery girl. "Found that big surprises come in small packages. Plans on what to do with her?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back