Status
Not open for further replies.
Will steped forward, a light glowing in her chest. If anyone was 'free' of this darkness, it was her. She had ben chosen to fight many demons, gods and monsters, and her team was widely respected in her home canon as a force for good.

Will knew what happened when one was consumed by power, by the lust for more things than they should not have. Nerissa had been a dark shadow of Will, a reminder that had she no tbeen kept in check by her family and friends, she too could have ended up much in the same way.

"I may not know much about this world, but if anyone here is pure, then it's me. I offer my power as a Keeper and Guardian to open this door."

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Takumi @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @Lucky @York

Remy rolled his eyes. "If you go around bragging about how pure you are, then you're definitely not pure."

"One does not know, necessarily," said Artorius. "No one is free of negative emotion... no one is free of grief, but how your emotions influence you has a lot to do with your level of malevolence. Regardless, it is mostly irrelevant. We have the seven, so whoever else does not have to worry. The door is already opening."

The light soon dissipated, revealing that beyond the door was what appeared to be an infinite void. A lone figure stood not far from the entrance. It was a creature on four legs with many long and elegant tails.

38wcyaT.png

Artorius took out his sword. "This... creature controls the balance of malevolence in the multiverse. Thus, he is to blame for what plagues us."

"No way..." Sorey looked between the creature and Artorius. "There is really a being that does that?!"

"Does he not possess the power to eliminate all malevolence then?" Xehanort asked.

Artorius responded by pointing his weapon at the creature. "He is in control but refuses to assist those suffering from malevolence. Once he is gone, it would be better left in the hands of another."

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister

Will stepped forwards between Artorious and the beast, charging her hands with Quintessence.

"Nobody move. We don't have to solve this with violence. Maybe he just doesn't know how to help others. We have to try and communicate with him first."

The Keeper felt The Heart going haywire, but she tried her best to internaly calm it. They couldn't just blindly attack something on Artorious's word. He had kept information from them before, and Will wasn't putting it past him to be honest.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @York @Lucky

"...and who is this 'another' you speak of?" Remy merely raised an eyebrow at the creature, not willing to attack it. "We shouldn't kill this thing until we know for sure who will replace it."

@Atomic Knight

image.png

"W-Well, they're alright. Just mostly romance novels, i-if you're into that kind of stuff..." Toko shyly mumbled, as though Ms. Frizzle held some sort of strangely benevolent aura that made even someone as unruly as Toko feel inclined to be some sort of polite to her (though she less than subtly ignored the exorcists who later spoke).

As the group ventured further into the ruins, only to be met with disgusting creatures that seemed less than friendly, Alisha narrowed her eyes, stepping forward and once again clutching her lance.

image.png

"Anyone who can't fight, stay back! This'll get messy! Blazing Stars!" She exclaimed, before thrusting her weapon forward right at the little creatures with staggering speeds with the intent of stabbing through them and then just as quickly pulling them off, able to show off her skill with the lance, hoping to keep them all at bay!

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @MelodyMeister @York @Yun Lee
"Ugh." Remy sneered at the creatures, his mood completely soured. In under five minutes, their number had doubled, and now filthy little creatures were running around? What a goddamn pain. Now just to wait for these things to get beat up by everyone else since they all had magical powers or whatever. At least with some of those in the group painfully desperate to play the hero, it saved him doing any work.

He did take a bit of pleasure in the fact that he at least annoyed Artorius with his ODMA comment. A little payback for annoying Remy.

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Ver @York
Maple knew she was in a long ride as soon as all the new people appeared. More people to burden them, great. And she checked her surroundings, while placing her hand on her gun. When someone says there’s nothing in a discordant area like this, Maple sweared that it was like a calling noise...

And, she was right!

“Ah! Careful! It’s obvious they are hostile.”
And like it was out of nowhere, Maple pulled out a gun, a really old one in fact, and aimed it at one of the head crabs. The gun looked worn, due to it being those ones that someone would see in the Wild West.

Maple aimed it at one of those things and fired.
@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Ver @York @Yun Lee
Needless to say, the strength of the group as a whole was rather unsurmountable, at least compared to the creatures attacking them. The creatures' only real strength was their numbers, but with the group having increased in size recently, they had no lack of able bodies to fight. The fight was over almost as quickly as it began, with Artorius shaking his head at the filthy mess the creatures' corpses left around them. "Those creatures are not native to this space," he said.

"Ah, but I would hazard a guess that they are from a place not unlike this one!" Ms. Frizzle said, chiming in. "Everyone, these were a parasitic species once encountered by the United Federation. Would that make this the illusive collapsed space?"

"Indeed," Xehanort replied, stroking his goatee. "This space is the origin of interdimensional travel, such as what your school bus uses. They came to call it the Collapsed Space. A spacefaring ship arrived in this space once upon a time, and from there eventually developed the algorithms in which the Coalition and all others use. That's not all, even."

Artorius turned to Xehanort. "As this space connects all of the multiverse, think of it like the roots that make up all that we know... or perhaps, the veins. There are areas where the borders between dimensions weaken or fluctuate on occasion. The ruins we found was one such area, allowing the inhabitants to create the portal we used. In fact, Ash is a common place for interdimensional fluctuations, resulting in many of its inhabitants to be brought across the multiverse on random portals."

wgmEAg9.png

"So, you're saying individuals pass through this place when they come through a portal," Mikleo said.

Artorius nodded. "Indeed they do. The research the Coalition has put into this place tells us this. That is why an increased amount of malevolence leaking into this place would result in abnormalities in areas like Ash. Malevolence builds up in the areas where the borders are weak... as you saw when we opened the floodgates on the malevolence that had built up at the ruins portal."

Dx15wJg.png

"This all sounds rather... important," Leia said, sounding confused. "Shouldn't this be common knowledge for Coalition members?!"

"It is," said Xehanort, "if any cared to do research. Up until now, we had no reliable entrance to the collapsed space, but now it seems we have one."

"You know, isn't it kind of weird to call this place the veins of the multiverse?" Sorey said.

"Perhaps," Artorius replied, "but soon you'll see the significance of the name. Come, I believe I know where we must go now."

Artorius led the way once more, but this time with a sense of purpose he did not have before. It seemed impossible to know where anything was here with everything looking the same, but soon enough, the group saw something on the horizon. As they got closer, it seemed to evidently be a large set of doors.

9V4EnpG.png

"... Is this another portal?" Sorey asked.

"No," said Artorius. "This is the Heart of the Multiverse, and it is our final destination."

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister
...okay. Remy really wasn't sure what to do with all of this information. Collapsed space? Leaks of Malevolence? It didn't seem to really be his area of expertise.

...what was his area of expertise, anyway? He didn't have one yet. Maybe he could figure it out after this mission. Speaking of...

"Do we just...go in?"

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Ver @York
Leia and Komaru seemed enraptured by the door, while Ms. Frizzle was not smiling for the first time since she had arrived, even after the creature attack.

"What is in there?" Sorey asked.

"And why have we been looking for it?" Mikleo added.

Artorius chose instead to respond to Remy. "And how do you think we open it?"

The Heart of Kandrakar pulsed in Will's chest, alerting her that yes, what the man said was true. In all of her travels across the multiverse, she had yet to come across something like this. Will surmised that the development of her powers came above all else and as such Himerish decided to hold back on secrets like this until he felt that she was ready.

Needless to say, Will had more than been prepared. She scanned the surrounding area for signs of life. The sheer amount of Malevolence must have clouded her power, because The Heart was unable to pick up signs of life besides the group she was in.

Odd.

"The heart of the multiverse... I feel like I've been here before. But... it didn't look like this."

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Takumi @York @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Jeremi @Yun Lee
"...it's a door." Duh. Remy would walk up to it and look for a doorknob. If there wasn't one, he'd attempt to push it open. "I doubt we'd come all the way here just to look at it like some tourist attraction."

Remy's efforts were for naught, as the door would not open manually in any way.

"You are not capable of opening the door, not the way you are," Artorius said. "No, what this door requires is seven certain individuals. Those who are free of malevolence."

"Free of... wait a second," Sorey said, looking around at the others.

"Of course, who is free of malevolence and who isn't fluctuates all the time, and there are far more than seven out there in the multiverse. A certain incident clued us into this when we learned of something called... hearts of light. An improper term, unfortunately."

The door before them suddenly began to open. All that could be seen beyond was a wall of pure light.

"We, of course, have seven of those individuals with us. Once you see what is beyond the door, you will learn why it has this condition."

They had seven with them already? How? Bah, Remy didn't know, but he did know he sure as Hell was full of Malevolence. Hopefully that wouldn't stop him from going inside, which is what he now did.

Nathan Drake

Nathan looked over at the others around him. Did his lack of memory and lack of his past make him free of Malevolence? Or was he not one of the seven? He counted how many were here currently, there were at least more then 10. " If I may ask, how does one know they don't have any Malevolence in them?" He asked.

@Yun Lee @Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Ver @York
Will steped forward, a light glowing in her chest. If anyone was 'free' of this darkness, it was her. She had ben chosen to fight many demons, gods and monsters, and her team was widely respected in her home canon as a force for good.

Will knew what happened when one was consumed by power, by the lust for more things than they should not have. Nerissa had been a dark shadow of Will, a reminder that had she no tbeen kept in check by her family and friends, she too could have ended up much in the same way.

"I may not know much about this world, but if anyone here is pure, then it's me. I offer my power as a Keeper and Guardian to open this door."

@Ver @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Takumi @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee @Lucky @York
Remy rolled his eyes. "If you go around bragging about how pure you are, then you're definitely not pure."
"One does not know, necessarily," said Artorius. "No one is free of negative emotion... no one is free of grief, but how your emotions influence you has a lot to do with your level of malevolence. Regardless, it is mostly irrelevant. We have the seven, so whoever else does not have to worry. The door is already opening."

The light soon dissipated, revealing that beyond the door was what appeared to be an infinite void. A lone figure stood not far from the entrance. It was a creature on four legs with many long and elegant tails.

38wcyaT.png

Artorius took out his sword. "This... creature controls the balance of malevolence in the multiverse. Thus, he is to blame for what plagues us."

"No way..." Sorey looked between the creature and Artorius. "There is really a being that does that?!"

"Does he not possess the power to eliminate all malevolence then?" Xehanort asked.

Artorius responded by pointing his weapon at the creature. "He is in control but refuses to assist those suffering from malevolence. Once he is gone, it would be better left in the hands of another."

Will stepped forwards between Artorious and the beast, charging her hands with Quintessence.

"Nobody move. We don't have to solve this with violence. Maybe he just doesn't know how to help others. We have to try and communicate with him first."

The Keeper felt The Heart going haywire, but she tried her best to internaly calm it. They couldn't just blindly attack something on Artorious's word. He had kept information from them before, and Will wasn't putting it past him to be honest.

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @York @Lucky
"...and who is this 'another' you speak of?" Remy merely raised an eyebrow at the creature, not willing to attack it. "We shouldn't kill this thing until we know for sure who will replace it."

@Atomic Knight
Schala Zeal
@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @MelodyMeister

Schala, following the others after the initial fight and listening to the conversation at hand seemed to be piecing together the nature of the realm they were in. However, once they passed through the door, and she saw what Artorius was about to do to the fox creature... A look of surprise crossing her face as she held out a hand in an effort to stop him.

"Wait... Don't! We don't know what harming it might do!" She cried out.​

Artorius halted but did not put away his sword. "Who would replace him? It does not matter who, as long as they are capable and have the goal of eliminating malevolence from our reality."

The creature shook its head as if trying to wake itself. It blinked curiously at the group before it as if not knowing exactly what it was seeing. Eventually, a soft male voice entered the heads of all those present. "To think that beings such as yourselves could reach this place and that your first action would be to do me harm... perhaps Origin was right about you after all."

"Woah, this is so crazy!" Leia exclaimed, jumping up and down excitedly.

The voice continued. "I will not deny this one's claims. I am Verius, and If I so desired, I could eliminate malevolence, but the consequences would be more than reality could bear. Everything you know would change, if not unravel completely. Beyond that, for most beings, suffering and death, like prosperity and life, are natural occurrences that should not be suppressed. Do you not know what brings on malevolence?"

"Even if your claims of an unraveling reality hold true," Artorius said, "what of worlds where there is a disproportionate amount of suffering?"

"It is not my responsibility to care for the individuals that exist," said the voice. "There are worlds and people who do not know what it means to feel pain, while there are those who feel nothing but. That is what it means to have a multiverse in balance."

"But if we could just suppress malevolence enough so that..." Sorey balled his hands into fists. "We wouldn't have people like Seres and Edna's brother who--"

"You know nothing," said the voice. "You were better off in the dimensions you belong in."

"So this is a Great Spirit," said Xehanort. "They do not hold much regard for our kind, so it seems."

Wil stepped forwards. She didn't know if the beast would recognize a Keeper or not, but she had to try and reason with it. If things went south and a fight broke out, she didn't know if her group would be able to survive. The power output of this being was crazy, rivaling even her own. As she spoke out The Heart pulsed, giving her the wisdom she needed.

"Verious, was it? I am Will Vandom. Keeper of The Heart of Kandrakar and Guardian of The Infinite Dimensions. I ask that you please hear our words before you make any final judgment."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @York @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee

"On the contrary," Remy said, glacing at Xehanort. "This...Great Spirit seems to have nothing but regard for our kind."

He took a step forward, between the others and Verius, facing the group, Artorius in particular, with his arms crossed. "Your goal is noble, I'll give you that. And honestly, a year ago I wouldn't hesitate to kill this creature myself. Let me assure you, I want nothing more than to get rid of this Malevolence. It's obvious that I'm not exactly the happiest or kindest of individuals, and I probably will never be free of Malevolence. Even so...my heart is in the right place...as painfully corny as that sounds."

His arms fell to his sides, as if on the defensive. "That's why I'm not letting you something this stupid. Killing this creature and trying to upset the balance of the Multiverse is going to end very badly for everyone not just here or on Ash, but everywhere. If I need to fight you to stop you, so be it. But you're not going to mess things up for the people I've sworn to protect!"

Maple looked at the door with apprehension. Behind it was powerful stuff, very powerful, in fact. She never thought she would find something that was essentially impossible to teleport into, but it was there. Probably for the good of everything. She knew that there were a few more that had stronger teleportation powers, and it would be catastrophic if they got in.

Malice? Of course, Maple had heard of the word, but considering that she was from another multiverse altogether, with it’s own kind of ‘multiversal security’ like the Coalition, it was possible her version was different. Well, it didn’t matter, she knew she wasn’t getting in because totally someone who was nominated for the highest kill count during a convention will be able to get it. Not.

As the door opened, Maple tripped her gun tightly, but wasn’t about to shoot. As she knew from experience, she didn’t know who this group that came are, maybe a ‘goodie’, maybe a ‘baddie’. And this another might turn out to worse, a traitor, or a sheep in wolf’s clothing. She came forward with her eyes closed and a smirk.

“They have a point. No one has enough power to take matters of space and time into their own hands and potentially tip the balance of good and evil. This spirit is not responsible for taking care of us. My, my...people haven’t changed. They think they can change things beyond them with violence. You see, without malice, where would light be?”

She was polite with her words, and tried to be as soft as she could, but she clearly had some not so nice things to say.

Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake was no fool, as he looked at the beast before him and holstered his gun and decided to do something that nobody would expect. He walked over to the fox and petted it. " Mr. Balancer of the multiverse fox-like creature, how come you don't want to help those who have been corrupted by the malevolence?" He asked.

@Hahli Nuva @Ver @Atomic Knight @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @York
Artorius halted but did not put away his sword. "Who would replace him? It does not matter who, as long as they are capable and have the goal of eliminating malevolence from our reality."

The creature shook its head as if trying to wake itself. It blinked curiously at the group before it as if not knowing exactly what it was seeing. Eventually, a soft male voice entered the heads of all those present. "To think that beings such as yourselves could reach this place and that your first action would be to do me harm... perhaps Origin was right about you after all."

"Woah, this is so crazy!" Leia exclaimed, jumping up and down excitedly.

The voice continued. "I will not deny this one's claims. I am Verius, and If I so desired, I could eliminate malevolence, but the consequences would be more than reality could bear. Everything you know would change, if not unravel completely. Beyond that, for most beings, suffering and death, like prosperity and life, are natural occurrences that should not be suppressed. Do you not know what brings on malevolence?"

"Even if your claims of an unraveling reality hold true," Artorius said, "what of worlds where there is a disproportionate amount of suffering?"

"It is not my responsibility to care for the individuals that exist," said the voice. "There are worlds and people who do not know what it means to feel pain, while there are those who feel nothing but. That is what it means to have a multiverse in balance."

"But if we could just suppress malevolence enough so that..." Sorey balled his hands into fists. "We wouldn't have people like Seres and Edna's brother who--"

"You know nothing," said the voice. "You were better off in the dimensions you belong in."

"So this is a Great Spirit," said Xehanort. "They do not hold much regard for our kind, so it seems."

Wil stepped forwards. She didn't know if the beast would recognize a Keeper or not, but she had to try and reason with it. If things went south and a fight broke out, she didn't know if her group would be able to survive. The power output of this being was crazy, rivaling even her own. As she spoke out The Heart pulsed, giving her the wisdom she needed.

"Verious, was it? I am Will Vandom. Keeper of The Heart of Kandrakar and Guardian of The Infinite Dimensions. I ask that you please hear our words before you make any final judgment."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @York @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Yun Lee
"On the contrary," Remy said, glacing at Xehanort. "This...Great Spirit seems to have nothing but regard for our kind."

He took a step forward, between the others and Verius, facing the group, Artorius in particular, with his arms crossed. "Your goal is noble, I'll give you that. And honestly, a year ago I wouldn't hesitate to kill this creature myself. Let me assure you, I want nothing more than to get rid of this Malevolence. It's obvious that I'm not exactly the happiest or kindest of individuals, and I probably will never be free of Malevolence. Even so...my heart is in the right place...as painfully corny as that sounds."

His arms fell to his sides, as if on the defensive. "That's why I'm not letting you something this stupid. Killing this creature and trying to upset the balance of the Multiverse is going to end very badly for everyone not just here or on Ash, but everywhere. If I need to fight you to stop you, so be it. But you're not going to mess things up for the people I've sworn to protect!"

Maple looked at the door with apprehension. Behind it was powerful stuff, very powerful, in fact. She never thought she would find something that was essentially impossible to teleport into, but it was there. Probably for the good of everything. She knew that there were a few more that had stronger teleportation powers, and it would be catastrophic if they got in.

Malice? Of course, Maple had heard of the word, but considering that she was from another multiverse altogether, with it’s own kind of ‘multiversal security’ like the Coalition, it was possible her version was different. Well, it didn’t matter, she knew she wasn’t getting in because totally someone who was nominated for the highest kill count during a convention will be able to get it. Not.

As the door opened, Maple tripped her gun tightly, but wasn’t about to shoot. As she knew from experience, she didn’t know who this group that came are, maybe a ‘goodie’, maybe a ‘baddie’. And this another might turn out to worse, a traitor, or a sheep in wolf’s clothing. She came forward with her eyes closed and a smirk.

“They have a point. No one has enough power to take matters of space and time into their own hands and potentially tip the balance of good and evil. This spirit is not responsible for taking care of us. My, my...people haven’t changed. They think they can change things beyond them with violence. You see, without malice, where would light be?”

She was polite with her words, and tried to be as soft as she could, but she clearly had some not so nice things to say.
Schala Zeal
@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @MelodyMeister

Schala may have been conflicted about this many years ago, when she was still a slave to her mother... Who was in turn, a slave to Lavos, a being that possessed immense power. She had no idea at the time, but this very being, was an enormous source of malevolence, and had used it to alter life-forms on its host planets, to eventually harvest their DNA and create more powerfull spawn from itself.

Shortly after the Ocean Palace incident, she hated such power with a passion, so much so that her mind was easily corrupted by the being that eventually held her captive in a place beyond time.

After having been saved from that tormented existence, she had since learned otherwise... Having observed what both Malevolence, and the lack there-of resulted in.

A degree of confidence in her voice not usually present, she spoke... With a certainty in her words.

"Artorius... I know how you feel. For years, I was held prisoner by a being that thrived off of Malevolence, and in that tormented existence... I made a terrible wish; I wanted all that there ever was to end... I wished for the end of all and nothing, but... In the end, I came to an understanding, only after I was freed from my torment." She said, her gaze turned to Verius, the one who was keeping what he thought was a balance.

In the end, she couldn't blame him for not wishing to get rid of malevolence in the world completely; she knew all too well of the dangers.

"There can be no light without darkness. No love without hate... No happiness without anger, or sadness. To offset this balance would truly bring disaster. Even if the intentions were noble, it could only lead to chaos..." She added quietly.

Taking nervous, but firm steps forwards... She decided to stand in front of Verius, aiming to shield him from harm.

"I have seen a world torn asunder... By a party with the noblest of intentions. I won't let it happen again..." She hissed, her hands raised as she was prepared to commit to defending Verius if need be.

For the time being, she was more than certain that killing Verius would lead to disaster, and she would do anything to prevent a tragedy like what she had witnessed before, happen again.​

Last edited:
Verius did not move from he stood, not displaying any sort of desire to defend himself or whether he could in the first place. "I will listen as much as I care to," he said in response to Will, "though I feel the conclusion of this meeting has already been decided."

Artorius did not move; he did not budge an inch. His decision had been decided and his resolve was too great to sway him. If a fight was incoming, he would be ready.

"Artoriuuuus!!"

Even here in the Heart of the Multiverse, a black malevolent wind could arise. The temperature dropped from being almost unnoticeably mild to downright freezing. A woman's harsh scream cut through the conversation as what at first appeared to be a black mass fell upon the group. The mass slammed into Schala, sending her flying, then a surge of malevolence caused Will, Remy, and Maple to be thrown backward.

Once it was closer, the group could see the black mass for what it was: a lone woman with long black hair and a glowing red arm about the size of her own body.

sy5xPg5.png

Amidst the chaos, Artorius took his opportunity. With a sing of his sword, a beam of powerful energy was shot at Verius, piercing the Great Spirit. Everyone could hear its cry of pain in their heads as it phased out of existence.

"This won't be very good," Ms. Frizzle said, shaking her head.

"Artorius!" yelled the mysterious woman. She stepped forward, apparently not caring for Verius' demise. "I've got you now! Things will be different this time... I will have my revenge!"

Artorius closed his eyes and sighed. "So, a daemon has come to kill me. I am afraid you might not be the only one for long."

"I don't care," said the woman. "Whatever the hell you're doing here, it doesn't matter. If these are your allies, I'll cut them down as well!"

Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake was a bit less worried about the women appearing, then he was about killing a Great Spirit in the Heart of the Multiverse. He didn't want to fight anyone here, but he looked around to see if anything was forming or appearing to take Versius place. He was less concerned about the woman who wanted to murder him at the moment. Nathan also was fastily looking off to see if the place was showing any sign of fracturing.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister

Will quickly recovered and rolled back to her feet. She couldn't believe what she had seen.

Artorious has basically betrayed the group and killed the poor beast anyways. As if that wasn't enough, a new being came crashing down, infested with Malevolence. Will had at first been confused as to why she couldn't purify Seres before, but now she knew. This energy was exactly the same as her own. Malevolence and Quintessence seemed to be the exact same thing in this area. Given that she was literally at the Heart of The Multiverse, there was no denying it.

With that realization out of the way, Will had to refocus. Currently there was this crazy demon lady yelling about killing Artorious which, Will had half a mind to walk out and let her have him.

But she knew she couldn't do that.

She was a Keeper and a Guardian. It was her duty to retain balance. And just as there was darkness, there would always be light. Picking herself up, Will conjured inher hands twin katanas made of Quintessence. The energy melded and formed in her hands, as if she was molding clay as a master potter.

"Look, lady. I don't know who or what your issue is, but we don't have time for this!"

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Takumi @York @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister

As Remy was thrown back, he watched the woman arrive, and noticed Artorius' decision to go through with his plan. Damn it.

"Go ahead and kill him," he told their new arrival. "He's gone ahead and put the entire Multiverse in danger because he was too stubborn to listen to reason. In fact, would you like help stopping him?"

g_LLSAYy.png

"..."

Xehanort had taken the words out of Alisha's mouth, at least the first part of his sentence. So this was a Great Spirit indeed. Certainly, it held a majestic, powerful air to it that left the girl otherwise speechless, but alas, the second thing she noticed was also echoed by the older man. Like a god who believed itself above the turmoils of the individual, to let nature play its part. However, Remy seemed to disagree. But maybe the truth was somewhere in between.

After all, balance was something that Verius seemed to revere. And--

"?!"

However, before they could get very far, something truly unexpected happened. A woman out of nowhere, screaming out to him, as though cursing his name, cursing his very existence with her eyes of pure hatred. Her golden eyes that went far beyond the mindless rage of a feral animal. No. She was looking at Artorius, seeking vengeance, as she said so herself.

From her clothes to the hateful gaze, it was like this woman oozed malevolent intent out of her very being; Alisha could feel her body shiver from fear, not from the power that the raven-haired woman held, contrasted against crystal clear pale skin, but from the sheer anger and malevolence one could feel from her.

It was like malice was what continued to carry her very body and soul.

"R-Revenge?! There has to be... s-some sort of misunderstanding! What would you want with Shepherd Artorius?!" Alisha exclaimed, resisting the urge to step back from the sheer power of her hatred.

Toko, on the other hand, was not so composed.

image.png

"Eeeeeek! W-What's that freaky glow coming from her hand? Is all that really concentrated malevolence?! Umaru, get in front of me!" Toko exclaimed, powerless to protect herself against the mysterious woman if she really meant it about going after everyone affiliated with Artorius as well.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Takumi @York @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Jeremi

Last edited:
Verius did not move from he stood, not displaying any sort of desire to defend himself or whether he could in the first place. "I will listen as much as I care to," he said in response to Will, "though I feel the conclusion of this meeting has already been decided."

Artorius did not move; he did not budge an inch. His decision had been decided and his resolve was too great to sway him. If a fight was incoming, he would be ready.

"Artoriuuuus!!"

Even here in the Heart of the Multiverse, a black malevolent wind could arise. The temperature dropped from being almost unnoticeably mild to downright freezing. A woman's harsh scream cut through the conversation as what at first appeared to be a black mass fell upon the group. The mass slammed into Schala, sending her flying, then a surge of malevolence caused Will, Remy, and Maple to be thrown backward.

Once it was closer, the group could see the black mass for what it was: a lone woman with long black hair and a glowing red arm about the size of her own body.

sy5xPg5.png

Amidst the chaos, Artorius took his opportunity. With a sing of his sword, a beam of powerful energy was shot at Verius, piercing the Great Spirit. Everyone could hear its cry of pain in their heads as it phased out of existence.

"This won't be very good," Ms. Frizzle said, shaking her head.

"Artorius!" yelled the mysterious woman. She stepped forward, apparently not caring for Verius' demise. "I've got you now! Things will be different this time... I will have my revenge!"

Artorius closed his eyes and sighed. "So, a daemon has come to kill me. I am afraid you might not be the only one for long."

"I don't care," said the woman. "Whatever the hell you're doing here, it doesn't matter. If these are your allies, I'll cut them down as well!"

Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake was a bit less worried about the women appearing, then he was about killing a Great Spirit in the Heart of the Multiverse. He didn't want to fight anyone here, but he looked around to see if anything was forming or appearing to take Versius place. He was less concerned about the woman who wanted to murder him at the moment. Nathan also was fastily looking off to see if the place was showing any sign of fracturing.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister
Will quickly recovered and rolled back to her feet. She couldn't believe what she had seen.

Artorious has basically betrayed the group and killed the poor beast anyways. As if that wasn't enough, a new being came crashing down, infested with Malevolence. Will had at first been confused as to why she couldn't purify Seres before, but now she knew. This energy was exactly the same as her own. Malevolence and Quintessence seemed to be the exact same thing in this area. Given that she was literally at the Heart of The Multiverse, there was no denying it.

With that realization out of the way, Will had to refocus. Currently there was this crazy demon lady yelling about killing Artorious which, Will had half a mind to walk out and let her have him.

But she knew she couldn't do that.

She was a Keeper and a Guardian. It was her duty to retain balance. And just as there was darkness, there would always be light. Picking herself up, Will conjured inher hands twin katanas made of Quintessence. The energy melded and formed in her hands, as if she was molding clay as a master potter.

"Look, lady. I don't know who or what your issue is, but we don't have time for this!"

@Ver @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Takumi @York @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister
As Remy was thrown back, he watched the woman arrive, and noticed Artorius' decision to go through with his plan. Damn it.

"Go ahead and kill him," he told their new arrival. "He's gone ahead and put the entire Multiverse in danger because he was too stubborn to listen to reason. In fact, would you like help stopping him?"

g_LLSAYy.png

"..."

Xehanort had taken the words out of Alisha's mouth, at least the first part of his sentence. So this was a Great Spirit indeed. Certainly, it held a majestic, powerful air to it that left the girl otherwise speechless, but alas, the second thing she noticed was also echoed by the older man. Like a god who believed itself above the turmoils of the individual, to let nature play its part. However, Remy seemed to disagree. But maybe the truth was somewhere in between.

After all, balance was something that Verius seemed to revere. And--

"?!"

However, before they could get very far, something truly unexpected happened. A woman out of nowhere, screaming out to him, as though cursing his name, cursing his very existence with her eyes of pure hatred. Her golden eyes that went far beyond the mindless rage of a feral animal. No. She was looking at Artorius, seeking vengeance, as she said so herself.

From her clothes to the hateful gaze, it was like this woman oozed malevolent intent out of her very being; Alisha could feel her body shiver from fear, not from the power that the raven-haired woman, contrasted against crystal clear pale skin, but from the sheer anger and malevolence one could feel from her.

It was like malice was what continued to carry her very body and soul.

"R-Revenge?! There has to be... s-some sort of misunderstanding! What would you want with Shepherd Artorius?!" Alisha exclaimed, resisting the urge to step back from the sheer power of her hatred.

Toko, on the other hand, was not so composed.

image.png

"Eeeeeek! W-What's that freaky glow coming from her hand? Is all that really concentrated malevolence?! Umaru, get in front of me!" Toko exclaimed, powerless to protect herself against the mysterious woman if she really meant it about going after everyone affiliated with Artorius as well.

@Atomic Knight @Yun Lee @Takumi @York @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Jeremi
Schala Zeal

Schala had prepared to face Artorius in battle if she needed to... Although she was hoping to refrain from killing anyone in the process, but yet... Being so focused on protecting Verius from Artorius, she was blindsided by a black mass, stunning her long enough for her to leave an opening for the very thing she had hoped to avoid; the death of Verius, at the hands of Artorius himself.

"No... Don't!" She shouted, in a desperate attempt to curb what was happening in front of her eyes but by then... It was already too late.

What was done, was done... And in the end... She couldn't prevent the very disaster she had hoped to avert from happening once again, but maybe she could mitigate it somehow... Maybe they could find someone to take Verius' place and restore balance, but first... They would have to deal with Artorius first... Convince him to cease his quest to wipe out all malevolence, convince him that balance between the forces in the multiverse is needed above all else... Or... At least prevent this from happening again...

Though, she was getting ahead of herself; first, they had to deal with this new... Powerfull threat. Someone who had quite the vendetta against Artorius it seemed, perhaps the very reason he believed it was better if Malevolence didn't exist at all.

Realizing the immediate threat this woman posed, she quickly tried to position herself between the mysterious woman and Artorius.

"I don't know who you are... Or why you feel this way about Artorius... But regardless of what he did... I can't let another life end... Not here... Not if I can help it..." She said quietly.

Her hands were raised, as she prepared to cast some kind of offensive spell if need be; she just hoped that (somehow) she could reason with their opponent here, but... She was more than prepared to deal with the situation if she couldn't.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back