Status
Not open for further replies.
Where Verius once stood was absolutely nothing at all. Nothing took his place and no climactic event occurred as a result. The Heart of the Multiverse was as still as it was before, defying the utter gravity of such a powerful creature's demise.

"Let her try and kill me," Artorius said. "The last thing this place needs is a daemon's malevolence corrupting it."

Komaru joined her friend in her utter revulsion. She cowered next to Toko, looking aghast.

bZBo2G5.png

"She really, truly has gotta be a demon looking like that, right?!" she exclaimed.

Artorius swung his sword, creating a flurry of wind that battered at the mysterious woman. She stood her ground. "Oh, Velvet, how far you've fallen," Artorius said. "I will not let you, nor anyone, beat me. I will use my full strength, as is just and proper. Once you have been scrubbed from this place, then I--"

Artorius cried out in surprise as someone swung a weapon at his side. He turned and blocked the attack with his sword, eyes widening to find it was Xehanort who was attacking him. The two men stood locked in place.

"Your ambitions go beyond which the Coalition can allow," said Xehanort. "You have not told them the full story, have you?"

"You...!" Artorius suddenly looked furious. "How dare you? Was this your game? Using--"

Artorius was caught off once again when Mikleo came at him, forcing him to push Xehanort back as he blocked an attack from the seraph's staff. "Before the malevolence took her, Seres told me..." Mikleo glowed as he conjured a spell. "She told me to not let 'him' take its place. I didn't know what she meant... but now I do! Whatever your plans, Artorius, Seres was willing to die to warn us about them!"

"What...? What are you doing?" the woman, Velvet, asked. She seemed confused for just a moment before her all-consuming rage returned. "Out of the way, he's mine!!"

occFMoq.gif

Malevolent energy exploded out from Velvet as she made a beeline for Artorius, the force of her alone knocking Schala, Mikleo and Xehanort away from him. Despite this power, Artorius looked calm as he turned to face her, dodging or parrying every attack she made.

Sorey jumped into the fray, slashing at Velvet, who parried him with a kick. "Even if Artorius has wronged us, we can't just kill him!" Sorey cried.

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister

Where Verius once stood was absolutely nothing at all. Nothing took his place and no climactic event occurred as a result. The Heart of the Multiverse was as still as it was before, defying the utter gravity of such a powerful creature's demise.

"Let her try and kill me," Artorius said. "The last thing this place needs is a daemon's malevolence corrupting it."

Komaru joined her friend in her utter revulsion. She cowered next to Toko, looking aghast.

bZBo2G5.png

"She really, truly has gotta be a demon looking like that, right?!" she exclaimed.

Artorius swung his sword, creating a flurry of wind that battered at the mysterious woman. She stood her ground. "Oh, Velvet, how far you've fallen," Artorius said. "I will not let you, nor anyone, beat me. I will use my full strength, as is just and proper. Once you have been scrubbed from this place, then I--"

Artorius cried out in surprise as someone swung a weapon at his side. He turned and blocked the attack with his sword, eyes widening to find it was Xehanort who was attacking him. The two men stood locked in place.

"Your ambitions go beyond which the Coalition can allow," said Xehanort. "You have not told them the full story, have you?"

"You...!" Artorius suddenly looked furious. "How dare you? Was this your game? Using--"

Artorius was caught off once again when Mikleo came at him, forcing him to push Xehanort back as he blocked an attack from the seraph's staff. "Before the malevolence took her, Seres told me..." Mikleo glowed as he conjured a spell. "She told me to not let 'him' take its place. I didn't know what she meant... but now I do! Whatever your plans, Artorius, Seres was willing to die to warn us about them!"

"What...? What are you doing?" the woman, Velvet, asked. She seemed confused for just a moment before her all-consuming rage returned. "Out of the way, he's mine!!"

occFMoq.gif

Malevolent energy exploded out from Velvet as she made a beeline for Artorius, the force of her alone knocking Schala, Mikleo and Xehanort away from him. Despite this power, Artorius looked calm as he turned to face her, dodging or parrying every attack she made.

Sorey jumped into the fray, slashing at Velvet, who parried him with a kick. "Even if Artorius has wronged us, we can't just kill him!" Sorey cried.

@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister

Liara wasn't quite sure who to believe in this scenario. Sorey however was right, if he was dead then Artorious could not tell them the truth, one way or another. Using her biotic abilities Liara attempted to place Velvet inside a stasis field to try and hold back her onslaught.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister

"Here, allow me to slow him down for you, Velvet." Violence solved nothing. All it did was cause pain and misery...and Artorius had made it ubundantly clear that was what he would be causing. No matter how noble he thought he was, what he had done was going to cause some sort of problem in the Multiverse, he could feel it.

And for that, Artorious needed to be eliminated.

"Hah!" Remy's arms began swiping at a rapid speed, so fast that they created visible disks of solid air. Wherever Artorius moved to, Remy would send out onslaughts of these attacks, hoping to hurt him hinself, or at least slow him down enough so that Velvet could take him.

%28remysa1%29.gif

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Ver @York

image.png

"M-Mister Xehanort?! Mikleo?! Mister Remy! What are you guys doing?!" Alisha cried out in utter confusion. So much had happened before she'd realized it. Artorius spoke the woman's name, clearly recognizing her, as though even owning up to whatever he'd done to her in the past for her to seek vengeance like this, but before even that could be processed, three of their own had also just as swiftly turned against the long-haired Shepherd before she could realize it. Even if they meant to disarm Artorius, this Velvet woman had to be kept at bay to make sure Artorius didn't die on them. After all, if there were any questions about anything, he was the one who held the answers.

While Liara and Sorey held Velvet at bay, Alisha slid in front of both Remy and Mikleo, dispelling the former's sonic booms with her lance and hoping that her mere presence would cause the latter to stop his spell, lest he'd end up seriously hurting her, subsequently outstretching her arms.

"What are you two doing?! Mikleo, what's going on?! What... What did Seres tell you?"

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @MelodyMeister @York

Nathan Drake

Nathan looked over at the emptiness and approached the spot where the fox had been. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he knew that nothing was good. Maybe there was a clue where the spirit had been to get a new one. " Come on, there has to be something," he mumbled, though he had a feeling he already knew the answer. He looked to see if he was right.

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @MelodyMeister @York @Ver

Oh dear, this was escalating to violent means in the matter of seconds. After hearing snippets of the truth on Artorius's intentions in this place, the air surrounding the group was polluted with a brash tension. What most of the individuals thought on the situation was understandable, being fooled and led astray from what this mission was supposed to be.

tumblr_inline_nyfypa1bSu1snovbg_500.jpg

A red flash. It was abrupt in appearance. No doubt it was some form of a barrier projected by Dlanor, specifically created to ward those away from Artorius. The inquisitor silently observed the others for a moment afterwards, as if gauging the situation that may follow through depending on her next words.

❝ Stand DOWN. I cannot allow the act of execution to be done without the crucial evidence to be LOST. If not.... then let it be known that I will handle those that do not comply with lethal RETALIATION. Dlanor raised her Red Key as she declare this in the Red Truth. Surely she was serious about dealing with anyone that chose to continue their onslaught, since she declared so in Red. However, she moved her blade to point at Artorius. ❝... let it also be known that I cannot guarantee your survival once all the evidence regarding your intentions is PRESENT. Those are my Red Truths that I've DETERMINED. ❞

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky @MelodyMeister @York @Ver

Will narrowed her eyes at Artorious inanger. Truly, the man had done nothing but lie and manipulate the team, clearly to get him here so he could commit this heinous act. Not only did he kill a Great Spirit, but he also indirectly managed to get a fellow member killed as well.

This could not stand. This man had to stand trial and face judgment for his sins. Will raised her hand, aiming at Artorious, and fired a bolt of Quintessence, determined to knock him out for now.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @York @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Gummi Bunnies

Where Verius once stood was nothing that Nathan could see. If something was happening at all, it was unknown to anyone present.

Artorius roared as he cut through the disks of air. He moved like the wind, jumping and turning rapidly to eliminate all traces of Remy's attack that Alisha and Dlanor had not already blocked.

Mikleo closed his eyes, unable to look at Alisha at the moment. "I'm sorry, Seres was vague. Perhaps I was being hasty, but still, I know what her wishes were. She wanted me to stop him, I just didn't realize until now!"

Velvet's demonic arm cut through Liara's stasis and she screamed in rage upon seeing Dlanor's barrier. "You think that can stop me?!" she yelled, rushing forward to slam against Dlanor's barrier. At first, she slashed at it over and over again, then threw her demonic hand at the wall, pushing against it with a tremendous amount of force.

"No, please stop!" Sorey yelled, running to block Will's attack. However, the boy was too late and the attack caused him to be knocked away in pain. Mikleo's eyes widened out of concern and he found himself frozen in place, unable to decide in a course of action.

"It is this sort of foolishness that creates malevolence and plunges worlds into tragedy and despair!" Artorius exclaimed. "The weak are unable to make real change. They are unable to make real decisions. This is the answer: birds must fly because they possess strong wings. Those who are capable have no choice but to do what they must!"

The Heart of the Multiverse itself seemed to shake as Velvet crashed through the barrier. Ripples of raw power exploded out from the blast. As Velvet ran at Artorius, the Shepherd met her head on.

YgzyRuj.gif

Will floated over to Sorey, picking the poor boy up and taking him over to a seperate part of the room where he wouldn't be hurt.

"What are you doing!? Stay here! Don't worry, we'll take care of this."

The Keeper then charged up uintessence in her fists and turned, glaring at Velvet and Artorious. Enough was enough. If they wouldn't stop fighting, she'd have to make them.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!"

Will shot off like a rocket, encasing her body in magic lightning like a wrecking ball and slamming into both comobatants at Mach 5 speed, causing a massive BOOM to shake the entire room and a vast amount of energy to burst forth, blowing back any and all chracters caught in its radiace.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Minerva @Yun Lee @Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Lucky

Even with Alisha blocking him, Remy stopped fighting voluntarily. It seemed they were going to get nowhere since Velvet and Artorius were bent on killing each other. And with Tinker Bell's Liberal Arts major cousin now jumping in, it would only be a matter of time before all three of them got wiped out. Whatever.​

Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake stared at everyone and looked around. He started to sketch and protect Sorey, aiming his gun and being near the boy. He didn't like Artorius, but he wasn't about to get involved in a fight that seemed to be getting worse. " This isn't helping anything. All it looks like we are doing is breeding Malevolence in the Heart of the Multiverse. If we keep fighting each other, I think we are going to throw the whole fucking multiverse off balance. We can't keep fighting. Artorius, then riddle me this, why don't Penguins, Ostriches, emus, cassowaries, rheas and kiwis and other don't fly?"

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister

Time seemed to slow to a crawl as Will made her attack. Brilliant purple rays shot off from Velvet as she said, "you think you can stop it? Stop this rage I have?! I'll devour... all of you!" Velvet reached out with her demon hand, intending to take in Will and her energy as she approached. What Velvet didn't anticipate was the sheer power of Will's assault as two immovable forces clashed, truly rattling the void around them. The resulting explosion of energy was immense, leaving very few standing within the vicinity of Velvet.

Artorius managed to hold his ground, having stabbed his sword into the ground as support. As he watched Velvet reel from what she had just experienced, Artorius hefted his sword and approached her. "If they can not fly," Artorius said, responding to what Nathan had said, "then they perish!"

Artorius stabbed his sword cleanly through Velvet's stomach, causing the daemon woman to shudder and cry out in pain. He lifted her into the air, watching as the life drained from her. Velvet grabbed uselessly at the metal. "Guh...! You..."

For just a moment, Velvet saw something out of the corner of her eye. "The fourth maxim you taught me..." she uttered. Artorius looked at the woman with confusion, not realizing that Xehanort was still nearby. The man shot a ball of darkness from his own blade, catching Artorius and causing the Shepherd to stumble backward and drop his weapon. Once Velvet was able to move, she used the last of her strength to swipe at Artorius with her demonic hand before collapsing to the ground. "Never let your guard down... even when victorious..."

Artorius stood for a moment as if frozen in place. Giant claw marks were raked across his body. They were burning and spreading darkness across his skin. As he fell to his knees, Velvet said, "it's over, Arthur. Know that was... for him..."

As Velvet's form began to dissipate, so did Artorius'. He writhed on the ground for a moment as if in great pain, before suddenly relaxing. "So be it," he said, closing his eyes. "I guess you won, Xehanort..."

After a moment, both were gone from this world.

Nathan Drake

Nathan rolled his eyes, as he had expected some answer that showed his true colors were that the weak should die as they couldn't fly. He had felt it was coming and he looked at the others. " You know, I'm going to pretend that didn't happen, but what do we do now about the fox being gone?" He asked, knowing that it probably wasn't a good thing.

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister

Last edited:
Well, that was certainly...something. Remy was glad it was over, at least, and that Artorius had been dealt with. Now to get out of here and report this all to the higher ups at ODMA...

Before he did, though, he would turn towards Xehanort, granted he was still in the room. "You mentioned that Artorius failed to tell us the full story. What, exactly, was it we hadn't been clued into?"

@Atomic Knight @Gummi Bunnies @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Takumi @Ver @York

qhhfcja.png

"Wha--?!"

Alisha felt powerless to affect anything that had happened. As abruptly as she'd appeared, the black-haired woman dissipated, along with Artorius, like a suicide gambit that paid off. Both of them were gone so suddenly, but the former princess couldn't believe it. There were just so many questions surrounding... everything! A renowned Shepherd like him... Did he really do something to deserve being hunted after? And what was going on with Mr. Xehanort?

Letting Remy and Nathan take to the old man himself, Alisha turned to her friends, Sorey and Mikleo, placing a hand on her chest. "I... I can't believe what just happened," she said somberly, mourning the loss of the exorcist, even if the water seraph believed that there was something sinister to him. To that end, her expression became serious again as she looked to the latter. "Mikleo... Please tell me. Do you know... why Seres wouldn't want Artorius to...?" She asked, unable to even finish her own question as she felt slightly overwhelmed by the gravity of the situation.

Toko, meanwhile, seemed to be not as perturbed, and even then, in a different way. Scratching at her cranium with both her hands, she let out an exasperated breath.

fuka005.png

"I have no idea what just happened or why... but if that Artorius guy was supposed to be some sort of fishy, then I guess it can't be helped," she sighed, before looking to Komaru, "Good thing you didn't get hurt, Umaru."

Her words were in direct contradiction to when she urged Komaru to stand in front of her, but that was just how she was.

@Atomic Knight @Mission

bZBo2G5.png

occFMoq.gif

Liara wasn't quite sure who to believe in this scenario. Sorey however was right, if he was dead then Artorious could not tell them the truth, one way or another. Using her biotic abilities Liara attempted to place Velvet inside a stasis field to try and hold back her onslaught.

@Atomic Knight @Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @MelodyMeister
"Here, allow me to slow him down for you, Velvet." Violence solved nothing. All it did was cause pain and misery...and Artorius had made it ubundantly clear that was what he would be causing. No matter how noble he thought he was, what he had done was going to cause some sort of problem in the Multiverse, he could feel it.

And for that, Artorious needed to be eliminated.

"Hah!" Remy's arms began swiping at a rapid speed, so fast that they created visible disks of solid air. Wherever Artorius moved to, Remy would send out onslaughts of these attacks, hoping to hurt him hinself, or at least slow him down enough so that Velvet could take him.

%28remysa1%29.gif

image.png

"M-Mister Xehanort?! Mikleo?! Mister Remy! What are you guys doing?!" Alisha cried out in utter confusion. So much had happened before she'd realized it. Artorius spoke the woman's name, clearly recognizing her, as though even owning up to whatever he'd done to her in the past for her to seek vengeance like this, but before even that could be processed, three of their own had also just as swiftly turned against the long-haired Shepherd before she could realize it. Even if they meant to disarm Artorius, this Velvet woman had to be kept at bay to make sure Artorius didn't die on them. After all, if there were any questions about anything, he was the one who held the answers.

While Liara and Sorey held Velvet at bay, Alisha slid in front of both Remy and Mikleo, dispelling the former's sonic booms with her lance and hoping that her mere presence would cause the latter to stop his spell, lest he'd end up seriously hurting her, subsequently outstretching her arms.

"What are you two doing?! Mikleo, what's going on?! What... What did Seres tell you?"

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @MelodyMeister @York
Nathan Drake

Nathan looked over at the emptiness and approached the spot where the fox had been. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he knew that nothing was good. Maybe there was a clue where the spirit had been to get a new one. " Come on, there has to be something," he mumbled, though he had a feeling he already knew the answer. He looked to see if he was right.

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @MelodyMeister @York @Ver
Oh dear, this was escalating to violent means in the matter of seconds. After hearing snippets of the truth on Artorius's intentions in this place, the air surrounding the group was polluted with a brash tension. What most of the individuals thought on the situation was understandable, being fooled and led astray from what this mission was supposed to be.

tumblr_inline_nyfypa1bSu1snovbg_500.jpg

A red flash. It was abrupt in appearance. No doubt it was some form of a barrier projected by Dlanor, specifically created to ward those away from Artorius. The inquisitor silently observed the others for a moment afterwards, as if gauging the situation that may follow through depending on her next words.

❝ Stand DOWN. I cannot allow the act of execution to be done without the crucial evidence to be LOST. If not.... then let it be known that I will handle those that do not comply with lethal RETALIATION. Dlanor raised her Red Key as she declare this in the Red Truth. Surely she was serious about dealing with anyone that chose to continue their onslaught, since she declared so in Red. However, she moved her blade to point at Artorius. ❝... let it also be known that I cannot guarantee your survival once all the evidence regarding your intentions is PRESENT. Those are my Red Truths that I've DETERMINED. ❞

@Atomic Knight @Hahli Nuva @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky @MelodyMeister @York @Ver
Will narrowed her eyes at Artorious inanger. Truly, the man had done nothing but lie and manipulate the team, clearly to get him here so he could commit this heinous act. Not only did he kill a Great Spirit, but he also indirectly managed to get a fellow member killed as well.

This could not stand. This man had to stand trial and face judgment for his sins. Will raised her hand, aiming at Artorious, and fired a bolt of Quintessence, determined to knock him out for now.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @York @Lucky @MelodyMeister @Gummi Bunnies
Where Verius once stood was nothing that Nathan could see. If something was happening at all, it was unknown to anyone present.

Artorius roared as he cut through the disks of air. He moved like the wind, jumping and turning rapidly to eliminate all traces of Remy's attack that Alisha and Dlanor had not already blocked.

Mikleo closed his eyes, unable to look at Alisha at the moment. "I'm sorry, Seres was vague. Perhaps I was being hasty, but still, I know what her wishes were. She wanted me to stop him, I just didn't realize until now!"

Velvet's demonic arm cut through Liara's stasis and she screamed in rage upon seeing Dlanor's barrier. "You think that can stop me?!" she yelled, rushing forward to slam against Dlanor's barrier. At first, she slashed at it over and over again, then threw her demonic hand at the wall, pushing against it with a tremendous amount of force.

"No, please stop!" Sorey yelled, running to block Will's attack. However, the boy was too late and the attack caused him to be knocked away in pain. Mikleo's eyes widened out of concern and he found himself frozen in place, unable to decide in a course of action.

"It is this sort of foolishness that creates malevolence and plunges worlds into tragedy and despair!" Artorius exclaimed. "The weak are unable to make real change. They are unable to make real decisions. This is the answer: birds must fly because they possess strong wings. Those who are capable have no choice but to do what they must!"

The Heart of the Multiverse itself seemed to shake as Velvet crashed through the barrier. Ripples of raw power exploded out from the blast. As Velvet ran at Artorius, the Shepherd met her head on.

YgzyRuj.gif

Will floated over to Sorey, picking the poor boy up and taking him over to a seperate part of the room where he wouldn't be hurt.

"What are you doing!? Stay here! Don't worry, we'll take care of this."

The Keeper then charged up uintessence in her fists and turned, glaring at Velvet and Artorious. Enough was enough. If they wouldn't stop fighting, she'd have to make them.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!"

Will shot off like a rocket, encasing her body in magic lightning like a wrecking ball and slamming into both comobatants at Mach 5 speed, causing a massive BOOM to shake the entire room and a vast amount of energy to burst forth, blowing back any and all chracters caught in its radiace.

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @York @Minerva @Yun Lee @Jeremi @MelodyMeister @Lucky
Even with Alisha blocking him, Remy stopped fighting voluntarily. It seemed they were going to get nowhere since Velvet and Artorius were bent on killing each other. And with Tinker Bell's Liberal Arts major cousin now jumping in, it would only be a matter of time before all three of them got wiped out. Whatever.​
Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake stared at everyone and looked around. He started to sketch and protect Sorey, aiming his gun and being near the boy. He didn't like Artorius, but he wasn't about to get involved in a fight that seemed to be getting worse. " This isn't helping anything. All it looks like we are doing is breeding Malevolence in the Heart of the Multiverse. If we keep fighting each other, I think we are going to throw the whole fucking multiverse off balance. We can't keep fighting. Artorius, then riddle me this, why don't Penguins, Ostriches, emus, cassowaries, rheas and kiwis and other don't fly?"

Time seemed to slow to a crawl as Will made her attack. Brilliant purple rays shot off from Velvet as she said, "you think you can stop it? Stop this rage I have?! I'll devour... all of you!" Velvet reached out with her demon hand, intending to take in Will and her energy as she approached. What Velvet didn't anticipate was the sheer power of Will's assault as two immovable forces clashed, truly rattling the void around them. The resulting explosion of energy was immense, leaving very few standing within the vicinity of Velvet.

Artorius managed to hold his ground, having stabbed his sword into the ground as support. As he watched Velvet reel from what she had just experienced, Artorius hefted his sword and approached her. "If they can not fly," Artorius said, responding to what Nathan had yelled, "then they perish!"

Artorius stabbed his sword cleanly through Velvet's stomach, causing the daemon woman to shudder and cry out in pain. He lifted her into the air, watching as the life drained from her. Velvet grabbed uselessly at the metal. "Guh...! You..."

For just a moment, Velvet saw something out of the corner of her eye. "The fourth maxim you taught me..." she uttered. Artorius looked at the woman with confusion, not realizing that Xehanort was still nearby. The man shot a ball of darkness from his own blade, catching Artorius and causing the Shepherd to stumble backward and drop his weapon. Once Velvet was able to move, she used the last of her strength to swipe at Artorius with her demonic hand before collapsing to the ground. "Never let your guard down... even when victorious..."

Artorius stood for a moment as if frozen in place. Giant claw marks were raked across his body. They were burning and spreading darkness across his skin. As he fell to his knees, Velvet said, "it's over, Arthur. Know that was... for him..."

As Velvet's form began to dissipate, so did Artorius'. He writhed on the ground for a moment as if in great pain, before suddenly relaxing. "So be it," he said, closing his eyes. "I guess you won, Xehanort..."

After a moment, both were gone from this world.

Nathan Drake

Nathan rolled his eyes, as he had expected some answer that showed his true colors were that the weak should die as they couldn't fly. He had felt it was coming and he looked at the others. " You know, I'm going to pretend that didn't happen, but what do we know about the fox being gone?" He asked, knowing that it probably wasn't a good thing.

qhhfcja.png

"Wha--?!"

Alisha felt powerless to affect anything that had happened. As abruptly as she'd appeared, the black-haired woman dissipated, along with Artorius, like a suicide gambit that paid off. Both of them were gone so suddenly, but the former princess couldn't believe it. There were just so many questions surrounding... everything! A renowned Shepherd like him... Did he really do something to deserve being hunted after? And what was going on with Mr. Xehanort?

Letting Remy and Nathan take to the old man himself, Alisha turned to her friends, Sorey and Mikleo, placing a hand on her chest. "I... I can't believe what just happened," she said somberly, mourning the loss of the exorcist, even if the water seraph believed that there was something sinister to him. To that end, her expression became serious again as she looked to the latter. "Mikleo... Please tell me. Do you know... why Seres wouldn't want Artorius to...?" She asked, unable to even finish her own question as she felt slightly overwhelmed by the gravity of the situation.

Toko, meanwhile, seemed to be not as perturbed, and even then, in a different way. Scratching at her cranium with both her hands, she let out an exasperated breath.

fuka005.png

"I have no idea what just happened or why... but if that Artorius guy was supposed to be some sort of fishy, then I guess it can't be helped," she sighed, before looking to Komaru, "Good thing you didn't get hurt, Umaru."

Her words were in direct contradiction to when she urged Komaru to stand in front of her, but that was just how she was.

@Atomic Knight @Mission
Schala Zeal
@Lucky @Hahli Nuva @Ver @Jeremi @Takumi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Atomic Knight @MelodyMeister

Schala was once again, knocked away by Velvet's attacks. Closing her eyes, she concentrated... Trying to cast something... Anything, but in that moment, she hesitated.

In order to stop Velvet, she would risk hitting Artorius in the crossfire.

Though, while the latter seemed victorious at first, she noticed what was going to happen too late when she was even able to muster the strength to call out...

Rushing to Artorius' side, she was at least hoping to save one life with her healing magic... But by the time she reached him, it was too late... He was gone.

"... I... I failed you... Artorius... I'm sorry... I failed you all..." She said quietly...

It was only when Nathan spoke up that she remembered the other pressing matter, looking in the place where Verius once was.

"Y-Yes... That's right... If Verius is gone, we have to find someone who can keep the balance in his place..." She added, seeming to be trying to regain her composure a little.

To be honest, she really wasn't sure where to start... Nor if there was some kind of backup plan Verius had incase he were to die...

Looking at the spot the Fox once stood one last time... A guilty expression passed over her face; she still felt like somehow she was in part to blame for all of this... Had she anticipated someone else coming into the picture, she might have been able to prevent Artorius from completing that mission... She might have been able to prevent what happened here all together...​

Will outstretched her palm out to the side and fired aall of the energy she had gathered from Velvet, dispelling all negative energy from her body. The Quintessence flowed through her arm and crackled into a ball of energy.

The Keeper herself was unscathed, and if she had any thoughts on Velvet and Artorious, it was that the man deserved his fate.

"Hmph. He died as he lived." she spat darkly.

@Takumi @Atomic Knight @Lucky @Jeremi @Ver @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @MelodyMeister
@York

Komaru groaned, still reeling from the absolute truckload of information and crazy action she had been subjected to. She turned to Toko and managed a small smile, though it was a sad one. "Good thing you didn't either, Toko," she said. She hooked her arm around Toko's and leaned against her. "I'm so tired now! And hungry! If the multiverse is going to become unbalanced, we really need to get home!"

Mikleo was about as lost for words as Alisha was. He was checking on Sorey, who at least seemed okay despite Will's attack knocking him out. "I don't really know," he said to Alisha. "I'm sorry. I guess... Commander Xehanort knows more than I do." He looked to the man, hoping for answers like Remy.

"Perhaps we should not be so quick to judge the man," Xehanort said, stroking his beard. "I believe his intentions were noble at heart, just ultimately misguided. He had caused enough damage by killing the Great Spirit that resided here, we simply could not allow him to do further damage. It is not the Coalition's desire to execute men, but I truly believed he would have fought us until his dying breath today, regardless of our intentions."

"But... but what was he trying to do?!" Leia asked, wiping sweat from her brow. She was regretting making this her first mission back on her feet.

"If there is evil in this world, it lurks in the hearts of man." Xehanort sighed at his own statement, though he sounded like he had been quoting someone. "You must know what this means. The source of malevolence is not some unknown presence, it is us. The only true way to eliminate malevolence for good is to suppress humanity itself."

Mikleo thought about this, though found himself confused. "Suppress humanity...?"

"What makes any of us living, but our ability to feel? Tragedy, despair, love, and joy, no emotion could be left standing. This was an outcome we could not allow."

Mikleo stood to his feet and crossed his arms. "So what you're saying is that, while Verius' death could mean trouble, it could have been even worse?"

"... Relatively speaking."

Suddenly, a whistle rang out. The source had been Ms. Frizzle, who was waving her hands for everyone to come toward her. "Come on, everyone!" she yelled. "We've had a very long day and it is about time I got you all home! None of us certainly can take the Great Spirit's place, so it's best we leave that for others to figure out!"

"Indeed," Xehanort said, clasping his hands behind his back. "As far as the Coalition is aware, no mortal being can survive in this place, let alone take over for the Great Spirit. I do not know how Artorius planned to go about this, but I am afraid we must leave the Heart of the Multiverse empty for now. The multiverse is likely not to collapse immediately, at least not with other Great Spirits safeguarding it."

"Come on!" Ms. Frizzle was trying to direct everyone back outside. "Once we get back to the portal, we can take a ride on the school bus. I hope none of you will forget your seatbelts!"

Will had @Raynardown from her 'rage' mode and had gave the place where Verius stood one last glance. She didn't believe Xehanort's words, but at least he managed to convey his thoughts without trying to kill everyone. That being said, he mentioned a 'Coalition' of sorts. That had caught her attention and was something worth looking into.

The Keeper walked up to Xehanort, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Wait. I heard you mention something about a Coalition. I'd like to know more."

@Atomic Knight @Ver @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @York @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Lucky

Maple stared at once the great spirit was, with a visibly upset expression. Artorius had used violence to deal with a sensitive issue. The wind hit her, and she had to block her face and stay still lest she fell over. When she opened her eyes, she saw the fight scene, and although she didn’t like Artorius’s potential intention, she couldn’t let the daemon be near such a place either.

But she couldn’t do anything, she had nothing but a gun.
Maple just stared at the fight, and her eyes betrayed no sense of sadness for them when they died, only slight melancholy.

Two competent people, gone. Leaving their purposes unfulfilled. And for what? Long ago, The woman would have felt sadness, but now, she could only understand the other’s sadness through a mechanical mindset. To her, this trip was nothing but annoying, and once again, more people died then necessary.

Seeing the strange teacher directing everyone outside, Maple followed her. There wasn’t anything left here, not even a body. But her ears peaked up at Will’s question. She was thinking the same.

“A Coalition, everyone has been using term for a bit now. So it’s like the ISPP, right? Oh, you wouldn’t know who they would be. Sorry. So, it’s a uh, organise-tion that protects the universe and beyond, right?”
@Atomic Knight @Ver @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @York @Yun Lee @MelodyMeister @Lucky @Hahli Nuva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back