Status
Not open for further replies.
Akame nodded. "I a- was an assassin in my home world. I'm here for a very specific purpose now. However, until i do that, I still work as one here." She said. "As for what I can do for the Coalition? I can fight." She said.

Luger sighed, the woman turned for a second and blinked "It's a long complicated situation, we could use all the help we can get, and even anyway we can take it."

@Minerva

Theo Raeken

Theo had arrived here by accident. He had been trying to find Scott and well, it had led him here where he had found Lydia.

Though, she hadn't been too helpful, he walked over to someone who looked vaguely familiar to him though.

" Hey, I thought good guys like us didn't do bad things, you know, so we get the guy." he said teasingly to Deslin.

@dark

Luger sighed, the woman turned for a second and blinked "It's a long complicated situation, we could use all the help we can get, and even anyway we can take it."

@Minerva
Akame nodded at Luger. "I see. What is it that you need me to do? And can the Coalition help me in return?" She asked, referring to why she was here in the first place.

Lucifer Morningstar and Ned/ The Piemaker- Empty apartment, once hosting a large group-heading to Cog and Sword

Lucifer rubbed his temples and looked off to the side. " It seems that our hosts and the children have vanished. I would generally say this would be a problem, but I honestly don't care. Less for me to care about and less causing me to lose my mind. So, Pie Maker, where shall we go?" Lucifer asked.

Ned looked over at him. " I guess back to my apartment... though I think I need a drink."

" I know just the place," he said, leading Ned to the cog and Sword.

@Anyone in Cog and Sword

Henry, Still Injured Max, Lucas, Mike, Scooby and Unconcious Jessica- UN Hospital

Henry was looking through his charts and making his rounds when he noticed a young man bringing back Max to his room with the dog. He wasn't sure if he would get better, but he imagined that he would need food. He looked up and saw Mike carry unconscious Jessica in. " Well, that may prove to be problematic to our numbers. Sir, do you know what happened to the girl?"

" Honestly, I don't know, she collapsed after I found her. I don't know if she is dying or badly hurt, I just thought it was a good idea to bring her here." Henry nodded and brought them to the nearest ICU and called one of the doctors on duty.

@Anyone in UN Hospital

Ragnarok they called this world, which Sister Dulac found incredibly amusing at its aptness.

One look at the skies and the scent of ashes upon the wind could very well convince you that here, here was an age of God's ending. Even sans her greater senses, the quiet observation of soldiers and agents who'd go past her church and their subsequent return, sometimes with fewer folks told volumes of how things were going. The creatures of despair could feel no love. No tender emotions nor comprehend them, save with contempt. Consequently in their hordes, they tended to smash without fear nor respite-emotions easily felt by the all-too humans who went to fight and die. The corrupted ley-lines, the darkness... Despite her year of redemption, it was an utter truth that here was where she was most at home. Did that make her evil? Finding joy in others despair, in coming to grips with what she was? Perhaps, perhaps..... If she wished to join the battle, the numbers she could slaughter before being put down would be astronomical . She toyed with that idea before she raised her crucifix upon her rosary and kissed it in blessing.

Not today.

She would fool herself again today as she turned and closed the heavy doors of the chapel she and her partner frequented.​

Peter Destin

Ragnarok was where he had landed all of those years ago, that was its name after all. It was certainly something.

Earlier in the day, he had gone out for a walk to catch his breath after a long night of helping someone find a way to their lost charge. Thankfully, he had completed the task and had gone for a drink for a bit. There were times where he wondered why he was so torn about leaving this damned land though. It wasn't like there were many people who knew he was here. He mostly stuck to the background, rarely talking with others. Once he watched a Coalition member interact from the background, not a word said to him. Perhaps it was better that way. If he grew to have connections, then he would have to make dangerous choices that he wasn't ready to make. Choices he knew that he would eventually have to come back. Consequences that he didn't want to deal with. He knew that giving people second chances was more dangerous than giving animals second life, there was always the problem that they might die before they could change, but then there was the added consequences that they didn't know about. Changing or influencing other events, but honestly, it was the least of his problems.

He decided to take sanctuary in an empty chapel.

At least he thought it was an empty chapel until the door closed after someone entered. " Excuse me, would you mind if I left before you lock those doors?"
@Blacksmith

Peter Destin

Ragnarok was where he had landed all of those years ago, that was its name after all. It was certainly something.

Earlier in the day, he had gone out for a walk to catch his breath after a long night of helping someone find a way to their lost charge. Thankfully, he had completed the task and had gone for a drink for a bit. There were times where he wondered why he was so torn about leaving this damned land though. It wasn't like there were many people who knew he was here. He mostly stuck to the background, rarely talking with others. Once he watched a Coalition member interact from the background, not a word said to him. Perhaps it was better that way. If he grew to have connections, then he would have to make dangerous choices that he wasn't ready to make. Choices he knew that he would eventually have to come back. Consequences that he didn't want to deal with. He knew that giving people second chances was more dangerous than giving animals second life, there was always the problem that they might die before they could change, but then there was the added consequences that they didn't know about. Changing or influencing other events, but honestly, it was the least of his problems.

He decided to take sanctuary in an empty chapel.

At least he thought it was an empty chapel until the door closed after someone entered. " Excuse me, would you mind if I left before you lock those doors?"
@Blacksmith

The entire chapel reeked with a macabre air, more akin to a tomb than a place of worship. A sound like distant thunder, that was artillery in actuality shook the building ever so slightly. Dust wafted and drifted in the air, in dazzling patterns as here and there, among the cracks of shattered stained glass windows light pierced through. It was a disquieting place, but none so much as its apparent caretaker. She dressed like a nun but she was anything but holy.

Like her surroundings, she radiated a dark air. Golden eyes gleamed from a lovely face, made all the more apparent by its coolness. Her stride echoed across the creaking floor, an almost tangible aura of dark majesty accompanying her. When she spoke, it was with a faint trace of a British intonation and almost certainly amusement to accompany.

"These doors are never locked my son." Staring at him, she strode slowly towards him. Her hands clasped together in a gesture of prayer, but the sensation of being trapped in a dragons lair only intensified as she continued.

"All require gods assurance of protection after all. But you are a long way from the beaten path. Have you come for confession?"

@Lucky

Peter Destin

Peter had noticed that the chapel smelled more like a tombstone than it seemed to be a place of worship. It was a strange choice to put a chapel in the middle of a battlefield, but even more so when the air was being barraged by attack after attack. There was so much wrong with the poor chapel, but that was what made it so beautiful. It was not common and that was something to say the least. There was something off about the nun, but he couldn't quite place what it was.

He wasn't particularly observant to the dark aura around here, but he did notice that her golden eyes gleamed off her face. The floors creaked as she watched towards him, though he couldn't place the feeling he was currently having. Worry or fear? Or was it something else entirely different that he couldn't quite place. Of course, he was never alone when it came to these places.

" It's good to know that you never lock the doors to your chapel to say the least," he replied back, looking back over at her for a second too. He felt an uneasy feeling, but he was used to these feelings. Trouble always found him.

" No more than you come to pray. I just needed a quiet place to think and just be away from it," he calmly replied. As he finally stood up to leave, Saber might notice..... a squirrel on his shoulder. There however was something unnatural about the squirrel. Perhaps it was the fact that a piece of its tail was missing or that it looked like it was missing a huge tuft of fur and looked like it had been run over. One couldn't say for certain if the thing was even alive or just a very distracting coat piece.

@Blacksmith

She raised an elegant eyebrow at the second comment before speaking wryly.

"Though it is true that I do not entirely look it, I am caretaker and steward of this chapel as much as the priest who left it in my charge. Here in the Outer City in particular, those closest to the battle tend to crave solidity-whether in this life or the next. In that respect, is not any light worthwhile to a man in the dark?"

She paused to gauge his reaction.

"On that note, I would advise you to be wary of displaying that talent here. Rumors abound of an Order cell in these parts. While I am sure my son that you are nothing of the sort, the locals have been hammered hardest and would yearn for an outlet."
She paused again and her lips quirked in a smile.

"And by the off-chance you are..." Her voice trailed off as she casually waked to the exit. And without any apparent strain, picked up a massive block of wood and slipped it into position, barring the door. With an almighty thud, dust fell from the rafters as she stood there, hands clasped behind her back.

"....Does the name 'Sabbat' mean anything to you?"

@Lucky

Peter Destin

Peter noticed her raise an eyebrow, but he was nothing than not forward with people.

"
Looks are very deceiving to most who looks toward them though. One person can look like a saint, but be the Devil in disguise, others can be the best people you know but look like a demon. I have no doubt you are the steward. But who is to say that I am a man in the dark at all?" He asked back to her in response.

He knew that she was trying to gauge his reaction.

" I'm always wary about the decisions that I make. Each decision you make has an added consequence to it. Each choice you make has a certain string of things that come attached with it. Of course, people always fear what they don't entirely understand," he replied. He had learned that at a young age.

Peter watched as she went towards the door and he gently fed his undead squirrel as he waited for her to return from closing the doors behind her. He fully expected that was what she was doing, as he looked at her from a safe distance. He took a deep breath ready just in case there was more he couldn't see coming.

" I can say that the name does not mean anything to me." He wasn't lying. He had no clue what the name Sabbat meant. He knew what the word translated to from French though.

@Blacksmith

"Hmm. Shame."

For whatever reason, she seemed inclined to take him at his word. A moment later, a distant rumble became a present quake. The chapel shook, the sound of crunching rubble echoed outside and within. The nun stepped back from the barred door, head cocked as though listening. From one of the broken windows, if so inclined? Peter would see the following.

A caravan of armored vehicles rumbled past, tread-models still serviceable and at least one hover model. Following alongside, the power armor of the Brotherhood of Steel. Aloud without breaking stride, the Nun asked.

"What brings you to Ragnarok? Are you shining defender, bereft of its head? Are you encroaching darkness, seeking yourself reflected in all? Vulture? Hero?" Her lips quirked upward and she said with only a slight trace of irony in her tone.

"Ragnarok is home to all this and more."

@Lucky

Theo Raeken

Theo had arrived here by accident. He had been trying to find Scott and well, it had led him here where he had found Lydia.

Though, she hadn't been too helpful, he walked over to someone who looked vaguely familiar to him though.

" Hey, I thought good guys like us didn't do bad things, you know, so we get the guy." he said teasingly to Deslin.

@dark

tumblr_n2x8s4CYxa1rp5oiro2_250.gif

Delsin was just about to hold out his hands, a power slowly growing when he pulled back, slightly amazed

"Theo?!!!"

He eyed the spray can in his hands and then Theo and shrugged "Well, let's say I have a complicated opinion on things here."

@Lucky

Peter Destin

Peter wondered if it was truly a shame.

He looked over at her and wondered why she took him at his word when so many people lied and he felt a distant rumble become a quake. It was one thing for the church to be destroyed, but he was sure he didn't want to be there to see it. He noticed that the nun was listening and instead turned to the window to see if everything was okay after all. He doubted it was.

He did notice that there were armored vehicles coming there and a hover model. Had they come to destroy the church or had come for her? It seemed to have an organization be here, but he knew that all of them traveled.

" I'm just a child of Fate. I am not encroaching darkness looking for myself, a defender, a vulture, a hero or any of the sort. I'm just a man who tends to find himself interwoven into wars that aren't his own, paths that aren't his and lives he didn't expect to touch."

He was being 100% honest about who he was and how he felt.

@Blacksmith

Theo Raeken

Theo hadn't expected to find Deslin here either, but he was happy that he had found him at the end of the day.

" Well, I'm certainly not Mother Theresa."

Theo had to chuckle as he looked at the wall. " I imagine that is rather simple, but only sounds complicated. But I don't disagree with what you are saying either."

@dark

" I'm just a child of Fate. I am not encroaching darkness looking for myself, a defender, a vulture, a hero or any of the sort. I'm just a man who tends to find himself interwoven into wars that aren't his own, paths that aren't his and lives he didn't expect to touch."

The convey vanished as she stared at him thoughtfully. As the distant rumbles became just that-distant, she finally spoke.

"What's your name? And if this is not your war, nor your path or lives to aid, why remain?"

@Lucky

Peter Destin

Peter breath a sigh of relief once the conveys had left, as he wasn't sure if they would or were going to attack the church either.

" My name is Peter Destin. To answer your second question, I remain to help others. I like making sure no unnecessary bloodshed happens.... though sometimes my help goes array..." He sighed, thinking of Thomas Merlyn who had died again after he had joined the organization. Perhaps his second chances weren't forever, or perhaps it was just dumb luck or a fluke that he died, but he worried nonetheless. He looked at her and gestured for his squirrel to climb off his shoulder. It did as he sat down, careful that none of his other revivals were there.

@Blacksmith

She cocked her head to the side. Looking him over carefully, she came to a suitable conclusion as she nodded once.

"And how is that working out for you here?"

@Lucky

c0bfe9830482d42f231aeae9d8c1bbd167189e25eb4962b84d468371a0349b5f_3.jpg

"Stay out of this." Locus said to Sally in quite an annoyed sounding tone.​

latest

"I don't think that you self-destructing would be the best course of action. You'd just get rebuilt at the Coalition and your memory banks backed up on a hard-drive.

Now, the way you ran in the middle of the questioning didn't paint you in a good light. I suggest you tell me what you were doing here soon, or else I'll take you in for questioning myself."

@Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah

In the brief silence following Locus' warning, a small corner portion of Locus' display was inexplicably filled by a fidgety golden ring, before a peculiar face appeared in front of it with a little jingle.

View attachment 2171
"Whew, okay, system cleared. That was a strong attack, but nothing I haven't seen before," spoke a woman's voice directly into Locus' comms system, "I'm not going to bore you with all the details, but this person knows their stuff, and I...may not have been able to save your motion tracker in time. I sincerely apologize, and I'm working on getting it back online as soon as possible; you won't even know I'm here," the voice finished, and it couldn't have been a coincidence the fuzzy face disappeared from Locus' display shortly thereafter.

---------------------------

Watching 9S from the flank, the humanoid chipmunk lowered her wrist-weapons ever so slightly as her snarky quip gave way to concern.
"Look," she chimed in, "you're clearly in over your head, but we're here to help you," she stated, hoping to give off a more welcoming vibe than her Coalition counterpart, "And you do want help, don't you? You wouldn't have stopped to hear us both out otherwise, right?"

@thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies

@BarrenThin @Widowmaker @dark @Lucky

@Outer City

In the brief silence following Locus' warning, a small corner portion of Locus' display was inexplicably filled by a fidgety golden ring, before a peculiar face appeared in front of it with a little jingle.

View attachment 2171
"Whew, okay, system cleared. That was a strong attack, but nothing I haven't seen before," spoke a woman's voice directly into Locus' comms system, "I'm not going to bore you with all the details, but this person knows their stuff, and I...may not have been able to save your motion tracker in time. I sincerely apologize, and I'm working on getting it back online as soon as possible; you won't even know I'm here," the voice finished, and it couldn't have been a coincidence the fuzzy face disappeared from Locus' display shortly thereafter.

---------------------------

Watching 9S from the flank, the humanoid chipmunk lowered her wrist-weapons ever so slightly as her snarky quip gave way to concern.
"Look," she chimed in, "you're clearly in over your head, but we're here to help you," she stated, hoping to give off a more welcoming vibe than her Coalition counterpart, "And you do want help, don't you? You wouldn't have stopped to hear us both out otherwise, right?"

@thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies

@BarrenThin @Widowmaker @dark @Lucky

@Outer City
"..How the hell did you manage to hack into my systems?" Locus questioned in a low whisper, almost like a growl. Though, when he realized what she was doing, Locus only sighed in mild annoyance before continuing.

"Whatever you're doing, make it quick." He ordered.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies

Peter Destin

Peter noticed the way she cocked her head to the side and looked him over. He wondered why she was doing that at all.

"
Not very well at all. Either the people don't want help or if they do, I can't provide them the help they need."

@Blacksmith

She wondered why he stayed then. She wondered why he remained for a people who expressed no gratitude when he helped, or put problems upon his shoulders too heavy to bear. Not that he was unique in that respect , Ragnarok ground everyone down sooner or later, through things of that nature.

War did a lot to people , inside and out. Giving a dismissive nod, she turned to the altar and adopted a position of prayer.

"May you strike compromises that will satisfy all then."

@Lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back