Raiders of America. [realistic] [Modern] [Post-apocaliptic]

I've had this idea for maybe a year or maybe even less, i'll try to find the original backstory for it. But to sum it up for the time being, basicly after the alarming news of a growing deficit of oil, the world began feeling the heat and the beginning of a global economic meltdown that ultimately caused many coups aswell as riots around the globe.

I figured it made much more sence for civilization fall into despair due to the shortages of oil, which also caused outrageous gas prices aswell as raised prices on basic food and rapidly increasing inflation. Alot of buisnesses are quite dependant on the supply of oil, so naturally it made sence the first world countries were simply not prepared for this kind of extreme change.

That's the backstory until i find my original one. Now the whole setting itself, i've always liked the idea of playing as the "Bad guy", mostly due to the fact that in most games (Atleast the ones i more-or-less grew up with) make you play as the straight-arrow good guy. Even though half of the time the bad guys sometimes made more sence than the good guys.

Also, i doubt there is alot of RPs which put you in the shoes of a bandit/raider, like the ones in the Fallout series. The kind of RP that lets the evil part of you to do as it pleases and roam free. Want to burn a civil rights activist alive? Go right ahead! Want to butcher a sub-urban family to death infront of their children and then sell them off to slavers? Do it! Want to doom the whole village by poisoning their only working well, rendering the place into a ghost town? Well you get the picture, in this RP you have full right to be a complete di** :D

So, what are your thoughts, folks? I Would love some honest feedback from you! :)

I’m gane
giphy.gif

I'm sure I can channel my inner marauder for a bit if this starts to become a thing. Can't wait to see what you have in mind for this setting; I'm gonna go play some Borderlands in preparation.

I suppose if a person or two shows up to participate, i can start the RP.

Now i want to be perfectly clear when i say this. The plot isn't aimed to put your character(s) into the shoes of a moral crime fighting good guy. Even thought the plot of raiding, pillaging and tormenting might come off as dark and gritty, I'm talking setting a children's hospital on fire just because one of the characters thought it would be good fun.

I personally think the idea is fresh in terms of normality, if i do say so myself.

Sorry, for being absent, retail is hell wrapped in a case of a mental asylum. Alright roll-call, those who are still interested, say Aye!

Fockin' ey!!

To hell with it, i've made the thread already! While others gather around you can post your character sheets!

NOTE!! It seems to me that people tend to get scared away by the threads in the "Realistic" section! If any of ya'll played any of the Fallout games! Just think of it like Fallout. I've got a few ideas in mind for those who would preffer a tiny bit of..... "un-realism" So don't drop that dial just yet!

But don't think it will be like Star Wars or something.

https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/raiders-of-america-realistic-post-apocaliptic.6268/

I’d love to join this, seems right up my alley.

You are free to do so, dude! :D

You did read the intro, right? One guy messaged me without knowing that this RP won't be about knights in shining armor who help the poor....More like psychotic, drunk, drugged-up modern vikings in bloody chainmail who commit atrocities! xD

Aye? Wondering how apocalyptic this is. Seems like a Mad Max (the first one) deal? No nukes or anything, but society is screwed beyond repair and it's teetering on the edge of that glorious thermonuclear war. Sound about right? Just trying to get the tone down before I make my fellow.

Aye? Wondering how apocalyptic this is. Seems like a Mad Max (the first one) deal? No nukes or anything, but society is screwed beyond repair and it's teetering on the edge of that glorious thermonuclear war. Sound about right? Just trying to get the tone down before I make my fellow.

See, when i first thought about the whole idea, i figured there would be much more chaos and mayhem when society hasn't suffered a nuclear armagedon. The more people there is, the more chance of a complete confusion along with the general population having no clue what the hell is going on. Seems horrible, that civilization had taken such a nosedive and have to learn how to adapt and survive in this new world, that's where my idea of raiders came about... Well really i was just listening to Cannibal Corpse when i thought of the concept, yeah.

Besides, nukes are overrated/overused. All in all, just think of it like Fallout, minus the nuclear holocaust.

And about the thermonuclear war...I'll just be silent on this one ;D My mind is like Alice in the wonderland on crack, something might or might not come up!

Back