Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Ra'shak Village

as written by Sentry

"You can control that much." Her tone was almost surprised. She had never known such power to exist. "I thought only one man could do that, and more. Only one person was supposed to control heaven and earth." And what did she get for believing that?

"He could not. But you can."

If she felt anything from the electric shocks- which she could- she did not say anything about it, and did not react.

as written by Architect

"ah...well I'm nothing really special....there are thousands of people much more skilled than I am in this world. I can't really control the heavens either...I can only manipulate things with an electrical charge, and not even everything that does, I still have limits on what I can and can't. Fulmen keeps telling me that if I continue to study and got rid of my moral limits I could be a lot stronger..."

as written by Sentry

"Is that how gods are made?" came her next question. Jurai scrolled the ground. One of her hands came up to touch Lerot's chin, in an attempt to lift his face. She looked up, too, to meet his eyes. Her expression became calculative, lids thin, brow wrinkled. She would then drop her hand.

"Perhaps it is time we go outside."

as written by Architect

"Gods...made?" Lerot repeated with obvious confusion. He attempted to respond but was silenced when she touched his chin and stared at him. This was a rather curious action in Lerot's book, and he suspected that she was misunderstanding the situation.

"Erm..." He started, interrupted once again by her proposition. He nodded and got to his feet, patting down his clothes. "I agree, I believe the others will have most of the answers we both seek."

as written by Tiko

As the pair exited the hut it was fast apparent that they were located within a small village nestled in the heart of Veshrac Jungle. Though the forest was thinner here than some of the denser regions they had traversed to reach it, it hadn't been cleared for construction. Instead the Mira seemed more apt to building upwards rather than outwards and a network of tree houses and suspended bridges traversed the canopy overhead. Running through the village was a small river that cascaded down over rocky ledges and more small lodges and huts were built along its banks.

Not far from the shamana's hut was a small fighting pit with ladders to ascend and descend into it. There was currently a small congregation of what appeared to be little more than children, several of which were engaged in what appeared to be vicious combat while a pair of adult Mira watched on.

Elsewhere the village appeared a hive of activity as the Mira went about their daily lives. Water was being carried to the huts from the river, while others worked on mending buildings overhead that had become weather warn from the elements.

Those with a keen eye might also take note of the occasional sentry situated within the thick canopy and surrounding jungle.

as written by Sentry

Jurai had never seen such a thing in her entire life. The sights of the foliage was not so new, as she had experienced much of it on her walk from the crash...but the village was something else. Her jaw did not drop, but her brows raised, and her eyes grew. Her gaze swept across every inch of the village that she could see.

Cold air rushed up from the river and Jurai could feel it chill her sweaty skin. The hustle and bustle of the village gave her a sense of nostalgia that overwhelmed her. She trotted down toward the ring, to watch the battles, and she did not check to see if Lerot was in tow. She just went.

as written by Architect

Lerot too was surprised by the village that greeted him. It was certainly larger than he had initially suspected, and the denizens seemed to be much more civilized, with evidence pointing towards what could've been some form of caste system...

As Jurai drifted away, so did Lerot. He pulled a small notebook and pen from a pocket inside of his vest and went to wrok furiously taking down notes and sketches of the village and it's residents.

as written by Tiko

Tapu's earlier remark in regards to the Mira children was fast apparent in the sheer ferocity of the cubs. Even children as young as five and six years old were engaged in armed combat, and they showed little restraint in their subduing of one another. In a culture steeped heavily in combat, even at this young age a strict hierarchy was forming between the young cubs that would one day be the next generations of Mira warriors.

Not far from the fight pit was the familiar form of Tapu entertaining a trio of young Mira children. He had an Aschen helmet tucked under his arm as he stood tall and pointed into the distance.

"And then I said..." he coughed and cleared his throat as he spoke boldly with his chest puffed out dramatically. "I Tapu, in the name of the Ra'shak clan lay claim to your god-emperor and all he possesses!"

He nodded assertively as the children giggled and he tried to shove the helmet down over his head, but it didn't really fit which just caused more laughter.

"What insult is this! Off with your heads! All of them! For I am Tapu! Ruler of galaxies!"

He stomped towards the kids scowling dramatically as they scattered off into the village to go play. Tapu grinned as he pulled the helmet off of head leaving his fur tousled and sticking out in all directions.

as written by Sentry

Watching from above, Jurai's fingers tapped on a railing that separated one of the verandas from the water below. She climbed down until she was at the ring, looking towards them. There was much to observe, much to marvel at.

"I did not think places like this existed," she expressed, voice barely above a whisper. She turned her attention, briefly, to Lerot. "You are logging this?"

Tapu's friendly nature perplexed the young woman. It was past her why one would act like that. Even in the presence of children, who were often silly and difficult to control by their guardians.

as written by Architect

"Just taking notes." lerot muttered in response to Jurai's inquiring. Fulmen had sent him here to learn, what exactly had remained unspecified, but that only made everything in this jungle important, and for some reason Lerot found himself doubting anything was more significant than this society.

He glanced up from his loggings to spot Tapu nearby. The young mage waved the much larger warrior over.

"Tapu." He called, remembering the names used in the deeper jungles when he had first been discovered by the felines.

as written by Tiko

Tapu tossed the Aschen helmet to Lerot as he strode over and clapped him on the shoulder - likely knocking the smaller and less stocky individual off balance.

"Hey! Good news!" he told him. "The Shief says you're to be a guest of honor at the Rhagal tonight. Seems whatever Makya told him softened him up to you."

He noted Jurai's mobility with a note of approval before glancing to the pit that was holding her attention. He grinned widely.

"See? What I tell you. Tough as a Mira cub," he told her with a wink. "Come on, I'll show you two around the village."

as written by NotAFlyingToy

"You know, Tapu," came a voice from above the trio, dry and whispery as wet sandpaper, "there is such thing as a volume level below a swampcat's shriek."

There, neatly draped across a treelimb was a Mira with fur the colour of midnight, with a dark brown leather tunic and pants to compliment it, despite the hot conditions of the jungle. The male Mira was on his back, his hands busy sharpening two skinning knives with quick, competent movements. Even his tail was held rigid and stiff, curled around the branch for extra security as he carried out his task. Between the shade of the higher branches and the natural blend of the dark bark, it was doubtful he would've been noticed had he kept his silence.

Sprawled across the branch with him were four medium sized animals, all with a single arrow through the eye. They had been skinned, the meat taken from them, and the remaining hides were drying over the branch.

One green eye focused on the three, disinterest colouring the gaze.

as written by Sentry

Jurai didn't even so much as nod after Lerot answered her. She looked up at Tapu, and told him, "Yes. But I'm still twenty two."

Her eyes swept the village once again, and at Tapu's offer to go on a tour, she was about to answer. That is, before another voice so rudely took her chance. She turned around slowly to face the other cat creature that was above them on a branch. She kept her stale gaze upon him. She did not have much to say, but that did not mean her interest was deterred. Who was this shady character?

as written by Architect

Lerot struggled to keep a hold of the military helmet as Tapu clapped down onto him, It was like someone dropping a barbell onto each side of his neck. He inspected the armor with curious eyes, a brow raising at the design.

"So..um-" Lerot started, before being interrupted from some voice over head. Apparently another member of Tapu's tribe had been listening in...and this individual was a bit more off putting than Makya was.

"um, Tapu," resumed Lerot after the other was finished. "What's a 'Rhegal'?"

as written by Tiko

Tapu looked up to Kolo, his grin widening.

"How would my subjects hear me then?!" he hollered up. "Oh and Apiya was looking for you."

He chuckled as he looked to the pair of humans with him.

"Don't mind Kolo. He's... well he's Kolo." He rubbed then at his furry jaw as Lerot inquired into the Rhagal. "The Rhagal is... well it's hard to explain. Probably easier if you just see it for yourself."

With a swift movement that barely rattled the tree he was on, Kolo dropped to the ground beside the trio, his limbs bending to make the fall silent. Like a shadow, he rose to Tapu's right side, his hands casually dropping to where one of his daggers lay sheathed on his belt.

He laid his eyes on his friend, ignoring the two outsiders for a moment. "I feel as though your subjects hearing you is not of concern, being that they are imaginary."

Finally, he swept a gaze over Lerot, his face impassive.

"This is our guest of honour?"

as written by Architect

Lerot's head tilted slightly under the gaze of the darker feline. If Makya and Tapu were imposing....this one was downright intimidating.

"It...would appear so..." The young mage nodded before turning to Tapu. "Um, not to rush you, but I'm rather curious as to what it is I'm being honored at....and I'm kind of hoping that it doesn't involve me being roasted on a spic."

as written by Tiko

"That he is," Tapua replied to Kolo. "Can't say I saw it for myself, but Makya says he tried to stand down some humans with guns."

Lerot didn't much look like a warrior sort, and Tapu eyed him with some manner of curiosity before shrugging it off. Humans were strange creatures that were as different from one another as Mira were from humans. It was hard to predict what to expect from a human.

At Lerot's concerns Tapu let out a loud laugh.

"If we were going to roast you, you would know," Tapu replied with a wink. "Come on, this way," he told them before giving Kolo a holler. "I think Apiya was out by the Shief's hut last I saw her."

Kolo nodded, glancing towards the two outsiders as they followed Tapu.

"I will see you at the ceremony."

In a flash, he was up the tree, making no noise as he disappeared from view. The leaves barely rustled.

as written by Sentry

Jurai stared off in the direction of Kolo as he made his way up the tree. Impressive, she thought. Such a large animal can be so stealthy.

She turned her attention to Lerot and Tapu, then. This ceremony, what was it? They were being very vague. It did not worry her, but she did have to wonder why they were going around the subject. Did the Leader not speak of beasts who impaled themselves with jewelry and ritualistic weapons and let the wound rot? He also spoke of acts of homoerotic nature to show kinship between two soldiers.

Was this one of those?

Back