Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Ra'shak Village

as written by Script

Ryth emerged from the hut after a few moments, giving Kar'lah a questioning look. "What do you need, Kar'lah?" he asked, looking at Jurai. "Jurai? What's the problem?"

The Shamana of the Ra'shak was only ten, and his stature reflected it. Despite that, there was a wisdom to his eyes that was uncommon amongst young children - even Mira, who were treated as adults from a younger age.

as written by Sentry

Jurai drew her arms in to her chest, dropping her gaze down to the ground. Uncertainly reflected in her dark eyes, turning to confusion when they lifted to meet Ryth's.

"Kar'lah believes that you can restore my memory," she said quietly. "If it is possible... something has been bothering me, and I don't know what. I have this hole in my chest. I feel as though I've lost something."

as written by Architect

Kar'lah nodded to Jurai. "She can't remember much about herself. I thought maybe you might be able to help restore her memory." Kar'lah said shifting from foot to foot.

She listened and then waited quietly hoping that Ryth might be able to do something to assist the woman.

as written by Script

Ryth frowned. "I do not have much experience in searching for memories." he said, "But it's possible that I might be able to. If not, you might want to try speaking to Naia. She is older than me, and more experienced."

The Shamana gestured for them to come into the cluttered hut. "In some ways, memories are like dreams. They are part of your subconscious, only brought to the conscious mind when you access them. I have worked with dreams before, so there's a chance I can relate that to memory."

as written by Sentry

Jurai attempted to exchange glances with Kar'lah when they were given the news.

She entered the hut with a frown and her arms folded. "What if that's what they've become?" she told Ryth. "When I was asleep... earlier. After being pricked by the thorn. I had visions..."

as written by Zarhara

Kar'lah nodded, "I found her asleep in the path thought it was heat sickness, but maybe if you are having visions maybe the heat wasn't what made you sleep." Kar'lah added pondering the thought.

She glanced around the room and smiled hopefully hoping that Ryth might be able to do something, though she knew he was still training. Though the links to dreaming was starting to sound promising.

as written by Script

Ryth gestured for Jurai to sit when they were inside. "If that is the case, then I should be able to induce them." he said, "I will need you to relax your mind. Don't try to think of anything specific, just release control, and let your subconscious direct your thoughts."

He placed his paws upon her head, and closed his eyes. He sought within her mind for the memories, severed threads, cut off from the rest of her thoughts. There was nothing he could do to directly cure her amnesia, but he could try and mimic what the poison had done - bringing down the barriers in her mind, the walls that had blocked out her memory. If the memories were there, they would be able to flood back through, much as though she were having a dream or vision again.

as written by Sentry

Jurai set her hands on her lap after she sat down. Watching Ruth, she closed her eyes, letting him in fully.

The visions came in fever dreams. They flashed one after the other, but they were strangely vivid. The first, tilted sideways. Laying down. She was laying down. Looking into dark purple eyes covered by a mess of blonde hair. The very striking face of a man graced her with a kind smile. He reached for her hand, holding it tightly in his own.

The scene quickly vanished, propping Jurai on her feet. The room was dark. It swallowed them. Raucous laughter filled the air, bounced and echoed as though they were in a hollow space. Things whipped out of the corner of their eyes- Ryth would likely be seeing out of the same ones, after all.

They would be swept into several more wonderful and terrifying scenes from Jurai's past. Most of which included the beautiful blonde man, painted in such a vivid and romantic life-

And that dark room. Filled with that laughter. Those shadows. Once it tossed them into a hallway and those shadows chased them. That laughter... it was familiar. Jurai knew it so well. But from where? Who was that?

The last scene landed them in front of a throne, where the golden man sat. His eyes, as before, weren't painted with love. They were wide, strained, with terror. He shook, hands clenching his throat, where there was a knife pressed against him.

One final time, there was that laughter, and the knife was pulled through his throat.

Jurai screamed. Not in the visions, but out loud, where Kar'lah and Ryth could really hear her. "Stop it!" she cried out. "No! Stop!"

Back