(Re-opening Soon) [Fantasy/Magitech] Tapestry of the Ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I asked is that I should again add, that I'm not generally a fan of players playing the antagonists when I'm not familiar with the players. Runs a great risk of player conflict.

The premise of the roleplay, and what we where looking for character submissions for is reincarnated heroes to be. Not villains. Your character seemed more stand-alone just causing mischief sort, so I went ahead and said alright. Didn't expect other people to start posting wanting to play antagonists, especially with no plot focus in mind ahead of time.

Once I'm more familiar with this group, I'll be a lot more open to players handling antagonistic roles, but right now it's a new roleplay, and outside of two people it's an all new player cast for me as well. So I would rather get familiar with all of the players and their playstyles, and let the roleplay develop a bit more (initially it's going to be a lot of 1 on 1 roleplay until characters/groups start to come together) before really considering introducing player driven antagonistic plots.

Since I already said okay to you, sissyd00q, you can go ahead with your character. But for other people submitting characters (at least for now) I would ask that they stick to the roleplay premise for now. Once we get a good cast of characters established we can see about introducing more elements beyond that initial premise.

@Tiko Thanks for all the setting work! I have a character outline posted now. Please let me know if I need to fix anything (I took a few liberties with the description of the Breq'Anya culture, but I think I've kept it setting appropriate and open enough to be adapted for whatever comes from roleplay).

Whenever you have half a second spare, if you can let me know what kind of equipment and tactics the hand-to-hand elements of the Varnathan military would be using, then I think I'm all set to jump in.

No it's ok I can stick to what you had in minnd for the rp! I understand what you mean and don't want to cause any drama so I'll just do that! I understand you wanting to get to know players first so I'll make a regular character for now

Of course! Sissydooq and I know each other so i kinda just jumped on the opportunity to join her. I apologize for the inconvenience!

Ah! I'll keep that in mind and make sure you guys start out in the same region if you would like :)

Okay! I'll stick to a mischievous character rather then a potiential conflicting antagonist

@HisMarcMaterials Looks okay for the most part. Only things I'm seeing is some geographical mistakes, but that's just because I don't have a good reference up for people yet. I will need to discuss the magic stuff with you before we start, but I'll catch up with you later for that and we can sort out the geography while we're at it.

Bunch of unexpected things going on at once here today so I'm not going to have much time to get much done today and I work tomorrow. So that said, keep getting characters submitted, and for everyone with has characters posted (or gets theirs posted today/tomorrow), I'll get starting posts up for those people on Thursday.

If anyone has any questions, or needs any information for their characters that isn't posted up yet, let me know.

If people have preliminary ideas and just need a nudge or an idea bouncing board to flesh things out, private message me please! I'm happy to help.

Random update. I decided to merge my other two multi-thread roleplays into this one, so I'll be setting this up in the Epic Roleplay Forum today, with each contained 'story arc' having its own area. So if you all notice some sections with already started roleplays, that's why.

Okay, all set up! How it will work is each major story-arc will be contained in its own sub-forum. Only participants of that arc will be able to post in that sub-forum to avoid random chaos and confusion from people jumping blindly into ongoing story lines (or story lines that are already full). There's a general 'independent side-stories' forum that anyone can use.

I'll be starting most people out in the independent side-story section with the short/preliminary introductory 1x1 stuff for their characters. As I get full story-arc concepts developed and set up for people's characters to start getting pulled into I'll set up more sub-forums for those.

People are also more than welcome to use the independent side-stories forum to do any random side stuff they want with their character(s) and other players that aren't actively tied to any major plot lines. The stuff in there doesn't need to be in any sort of linear time-line.

Need a break, and then I'll start working on getting somethreads started for people who have submitted characters already :)

Alright, hate to do this but the timing of this roleplay launch coinciding with our apartment situation and needing to break lease early and now move to another state has left me largely unable to give any attention to actually getting things going.

Realistically speaking that isn't likely to change until after the move and when things are a bit more settled.

I don't plan to abandon the roleplay, but for now I am going to be putting this whole thing on hold with the exception of occasional postings for things already ongoing.

Once things are stable for me, I'll touch base with everyone who was interested and see who all is still interested.

So! Its been a while since I initially fronted this idea, and subsequently had to shelf it due to offline circumstances. That said, things have really settled into a good rhythm for us, and I'm planning to go ahead and give this another spin. Anyone who had previously been interested submitted a character, or who had started, if you are interested in revisiting this please let me know! I'll also be locking this thread and posting up a new one so either respond in the new one, or PM me directly.

I've also temporarily moved the Tapestry of Ages forum to the forum archives while I get it cleaned up and find out who wants to return.

For any new players interested, we should have plenty of space so feel free to hop on board (I'll have the new bulletin board thread up sometime soon). Currently will be looking to start things back up sometime next week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back