Rebellion Rising

MJK2431

✿❀❁
original.jpg

The city of Karseth, place of plenty, magic and thriving society, was almost destroyed in the Great War. When the foreigners came from Valoria with their fleets of ships, soldiers clad in steel, powerful sorcery and war horses the people of Karseth had been caught completely unaware. The invading nation was one that valued the conquest of a land above all else and that is what they had come to do.

The Karsetheens fought back tooth and nail, but in the end the victory still went to the invaders.

It has been twenty years since the war , most of the city has been rebuilt and the power of authority given over to the Valorian war commanders. These commanders have become the new heads of the city and the region it is in, dividing up it's resources and putting the original dwellers to work. After the war, citizens of Valoria were encouraged to relocate and take advantage of the new land. Those who did, such as the war commanders families, took their place in the upper wrungs of society and now live in luxury while the people of Karseth were thrust into poverty and labour.

There are whispers though, word spreading of a force rising that want to take back what rightfully belongs to the Karsetheens. Those who are tired of breaking their backs and wish to raise a rebellion so fierce that it sends the invaders back to their own land.

This is a medieval-fantasy-war-action-romance(?)-adventure themed roleplay. You can choose certain society 'classes' that will be affected as the rebellion progresses:​
  • Rebel (Karsetheen)
  • Valorian
  • Valorian-turned-rebel
  • Custom
A character sheet would be nice (template given below), but is not completely essential. I do just need to know what class you are going to be in as listed above. I don't plan on running the plot, everything will be depend on the posts of whoever joins. Whether or not the Karsetheens or Valorians will be victorious will be up to how things progress. Character sheets can be changed during the roleplay. :)

Name:
Appearance:
Powers:
(Keep it simple)
Weapon(s) of choice: (Not compulsory)
Backstory: (Also, not compulsory)

P.S- the picture does not belong to me and I can't find who the original artist is to give them credit. Picture can be removed if asked.

Last edited:
original.jpg

Name:
Azayla Waters

Class:
Valorian turned rebel (Occurs during the rp).

Appearance:
Azayla, otherwise known as Aza by her friends and family, is the quintessential example of a Valorian noble woman. With tanned skin but light, golden-coloured hair that reaches her waist, she carries herself with an air of calm and grace. Her bright, ice-blue eyes are framed by dark, thick lashes and her lips are full and rosy. Aza wears a silver signet ring with her family's crest on her right ring fingers. As is expected of Valorian upper class females, she usually wears dresses with a tight bodice but flowing, floor length skirts. This basic outfit changes to suit certain occasions with the addition of sashes, cloaks or multiple layers of fabric.Her hair is commonly braided back intricately on the top while most of it hangs in loose waves down her back.

Powers/Abilities:
Like her father, Azayla can control fire. However, her bloodline is special in that they can specifically conjure up Hellfire, which has a blue rather than red flame, is much more difficult to put out and burns at a much hotter temperature. Owing to her family's military background, Ayza has been trained in different styles of fighting as well as battle strategy.

Weapon(s) of choice:
A damascus steel short sword or dagger.

Backstory:
Aza is the daughter of one of the commanders who conquered Karseth. Once their victory had been secured and a ruling council established which her father was part of, she was brought to the city as a baby along with her mother. Unfortunately, shortly after arriving her mother died from a strange illness. With the loss of his wife her father (Councillor Waters) made sure she grew up in ivory towers and under constant protection, being forced to learn the ways of battle and strategy so that someday she might take her father's place. However, she has found as she has matured into almost-adulthood that the ways of Valorian society perturb and distress her. She is constantly judged and watched simply for bearing the name of a councilman, eyes always on her so that any time she slips up it can be spread in a flurry of gossip. Being prim and proper has become taxing and thus Aza is becoming more comfortable with testing the limits of her societal restraints.

Last edited:
I was thinking some sort of Mimicry power, where he could become something he’s touched, but it’s kinda hard to balance.
True.... why not go for invisibility? That way you can still blend into an environment like you would with mimicry but it's easier to balance?

*Needs more players for RP*

How's the character coming @TheGreenerGrey? I've been gone for like two days and only saw your "Becoming Monsters" thread now. Looks super interesting!

*Needs more players for RP*

How's the character coming @TheGreenerGrey? I've been gone for like two days and only saw your "Becoming Monsters" thread now. Looks super interesting!
Oh yeah, that’s an RP I did a few months ago. As for the char, lemme just... remake it. May or may not have lost it and been too bothered to redo

What kind of clothing level are we at here?
It's a mix and match. I'm not particular about clothing, but obviously characters won't be wearing any jeans or things like that. Any clothing between 1300s and late 1800s is fine with me, but after 1912 it gets a bit too modern.

Hi! I'm super interested :)

You're welcome to join! As soon as I have about four character sheets including my own (So three extra people) I'll be making the thread :)

Name: Daniel Evans
Class: Valorian
Appearance: There’s normal, and then there’s aggressively normal. Daniel falls into the second category. A side effect of his power, his natural features place him well into the uncanny valley. With a slight build, Daniel has medium length brown hair swept back, away from brown eyes and a face that would never be picked out of a crowd. His skin is olive, but looks as if it hasn’t gotten enough sun. When smiling, people often get a feeling of unnatural ness or danger when they look at him.

Daniel is dressed in a dark brown hooded cloak, underneath which lies boiled leather armour to muffle his footfalls and allow him to move silently, the standard garb for a Valorian spy.
Powers: Daniel cannot be noticed. When he activated his power, no matter where he is or what he does, no one is able to notice him. He could punch someone, and they wouldn’t be able to tell until he turns his power off.
Weapon(s) of choice: Daniel uses two small daggers kept within his boots.
Backstory: Nothing exciting happens here. He was born to commoners, grew up on the streets and once he was of age he signed up with the Inteligence sector of the military due to his power. Due to the whisperings of rebellion, he has been tasked with infiltrating the rebellion cell and pinpointing the leaders.

2057d54bd56493f.jpg

Name:
Tunka Mott
Class: Karsetheen rebel
Appearance: a small, unassuming girl. She has a tanned complexion, dotted with sun spots and freckles, and grows a dark, coiled mane that sweeps down to mid-back, though it is often tucked away under a hood or put up into two buns. Her eyes, which would have been a hazel colour, are fogged over and milky, one of the only indications that Tunka is blind. She tends to hide beneath long cloaks and hooded garments, and is a fan of men's trousers, though hers tend to be dirty and ripped. Often mistaken for a child.
Powers: Tunka Mott is able to use reflected soundwaves and echoes in order to determine the location of objects and overall scenery around her, which she uses to help get around. It is also particularly useful to find where people are hiding; she is the reigning champion for hide-and-seek among her childhood friends. However, her power also causes her to have sensitive hearing, which leads to her having frequent headaches (she's rather grumpy). Large noises can also knock her out of commission.
Weapon(s) of choice: A bow
Backstory: Tunka grew up in the outskirts of the city, born blind and as the only girl and youngest of five children. Her parents, Hermippos and Dorletta Mott, were frequently away due to their labour-intensive jobs, and the children were more or less left on their own for the majority of their childhood. The eldest brother, Wymar, took care of the younger children, and everything was okay for a while. However, both parents perished, overworked until their bodies could no longer take it, and the siblings were taken to fill their place, Tunka being spared because of her lack of sight. She hasn't heard from any of them since. From there she moved in with family friends, and has grown quite familiar with the rebellion.​

Last edited:
2057d54bd56493f.jpg

Name:
Tunka Mott
Class: Karsetheen rebel
Appearance: a small, unassuming girl. She has a tanned complexion, dotted with sun spots and freckles, and grows a dark, coiled mane that sweeps down to mid-back, though it is often tucked away under a hood or put up into two buns. Her eyes, which would have been a hazel colour, are fogged over and milky, one of the only indications that Tunka is blind. She tends to hide beneath long cloaks and hooded garments, and is a fan of men's trousers, though hers tend to be dirty and ripped. Often mistaken for a child.
Powers: Tunka Mott is able to use reflected soundwaves and echoes in order to determine the location of objects and overall scenery around her, which she uses to help get around. It is also particularly useful to find where people are hiding; she is the reigning champion for hide-and-seek among her childhood friends. However, her power also causes her to have sensitive hearing, which causes her to have frequent headaches (she's rather grumpy). Large noises can also knock her out of commission.
Weapon(s) of choice: A bow
Backstory: Tunka grew up in the outskirts of the city, born blind and as the only girl and youngest of five children. Her parents, Hermippos and Dorletta Mott, were frequently away due to their labour-intensive jobs, and the children were more or less left on their own for the majority of their childhood. The eldest brother, Wymar, took care of the younger children, and everything was okay for a while. However, both parents perished, overworked until their bodies could no longer take it, and the siblings were taken to fill their place, Tunka being spared because of her lack of sight. She hasn't heard from any of them since. From there she moved in with family friends, and has grown quite familiar with the rebellion.​
Looks amazing!

Back