Recruitment for: The War of the Ancients

Shadowsong

Leader of the Watchers
WarCraft
War of the Ancients

447px-Cenarius_vs_Mannoroth.jpg

The War of the Ancients was a major conflict which constituted the first coming of the demonic Burning Legion to Azeroth some 10,000 years prior to the events of the First War. One of the largest and most costly wars in Azeroth's history, the War of the Ancients decided the fate of all life on the planet for millennia to come. The conflict ultimately led to the Great Sundering, a cataclysmic event which tore the planet's landmass apart, thus altering its history permanently.

As part of its relentless crusade to extinguish all life in the universe, as well as the demon lord Sargeras' desire to access the planet's world soul, the Burning Legion set its sights on distant Azeroth. Seducing the highest caste of the Kaldorei Empire (which dominated the planet) with promises of paradise and power, the Legion gradually, but successfully, began to enter planet through a trans-dimensional portal. With the aid of Queen Azshara and her Highborne, the demons launched a campaign to wipe out the major group resisting the Legion's coming - the Kaldorei Resistance.

This is a fan-fiction role play designed around the WarCraft universe. Players will be members of the Ka'ldorei Resistance that fights the Burning Legion upon pre-historic Azeroth. I have designed custom classes, backgrounds and mechanics that all players must abide by in order for the story to progress as planned. Players will be night elves that have sympathies with or are officially aligned with the Kal'dorei Resistance.

The kal'dorei have several castes within their society. The first to note is the Highborne. "They considered themselves above the common ranks of the other night elves. With their every need met by magic and wealth, they led lives of indulgence and amusement... and greed," (as described by an ancient Highborne spirit). Within the War of the Ancients, the Highborne were responsible for the summoning of the Burning Legion through the precious Well of Eternity, located in the imperial capital of Zin-Azshari. Despite many of the Highborne being allied, some were not. Noteworthy Highborne that aligned themselves with the resistance forces were Prince Farondis of Azsuna and (eventually) Dath'Remar Sunstrider.

One of the primary political bodies of the kal'dorei were the Sisters of Elune - the religious sect of kal'dorei society. They are also the oldest religious and magical order for the kal'dorei, predating even the Highborne by some 2,000 years. As the name implies, they are an order of priestesses dedicated to worshiping their moon goddess, Elune - priestesses of the moon. The sisterhood at this time is based in the jeweled city of Suramar at the Temple of Elune. Noteworthy members of the sisterhood are: High Priestess Dejahna, Tyrande Whisperwind, and Maiev Shadowsong.

The druids among the kal'dorei were considered to be both wise and savage. The most prominent druidic order was the Druids of the Grove. While not shapeshifters (yet), the druids are known to call upon the forces of nature to aid them in any given scenario. They are often sought out for wisdom in moral conflicts. During the demonic invasion, the druids have stepped up to guide the resistance in their noble efforts. Noteworthy druids at this time are: Malfurion Stormrage and Elerethe Renferal.
The Kal'dorei Resistance were those who fought against the Burning Legion and the Highborne leaders from the Kaldorei Empire. The Resistance consisted of several night elven organizations including the Moon Guard, Sisterhood of Elune, the Rooksguard, and the denizens like the Wild Gods and the dragonflights. The host almost entirely consisted out of night elves at the beginning at the war, but towards the end, thanks to Krasus, tauren, earthen and even furbolgs joined, adding more melee power the night elves needed. Noteworthy members of the resistance included: Kur'talos Ravencrest, Desdel Stareye, Jarod Shadowsong, Illidan Stormrage, Archmage Rhonin, Dragon-mage Krasus, and orc hero Broxigar Saurfang (the last three names are time-travelers which will be touched on in-game).

The Burning Legion is a vast, innumerable army of demons and corrupted races who seek to destroy all life. Sargeras created it with the purpose of destroying all world-souls in the universe in order to prevent the void lords from corrupting them, which would lead to the birth of a Dark Titan, a being of unspeakable evil that would utterly annihilate and consume the universe.

How will the game work?

So as one may have guessed, I will be the game master of this role play. Players will have most of the control over their characters. Decisions and actions of their respective characters are for the players to decide, but the outcomes of said actions will be up to me.

This will be something of a tabletop game in the sense of I will be putting up a map labeled with alphabetical and numerical axes. This will help distinguish the position of players and enemies alike.

As I said, players will be making the decisions about how to handle missions and go about accomplishing objectives. To determine the effectiveness of abilities and actions, character sheets will include information on classic RPG attributes: Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom, Intelligence, and Charisma. These attributes and further information on modifier mechanics will be in a future tab. Players will be responsible for establishing relationships, unearthing hidden truths, and working together against seemingly impossible odds.

Conclusion

Thank you for reading through all this! This has been something I have wanted to do for a long time and to finally invite others to enjoy it with me is very exciting. Additional, more specified, information will be coming soon, but for now this is a pretty general synopsis of what's going on and what the game is about. If I can get at least four people to come on board, then we'd be set, but I will take up to eight players.

*Now, this is a fan-fiction, but one does not need to have played any of the WarCraft games in order to participate or know what's going on in this one.

If you think you'd be interested in playing in this RP, please post below and I will get to work right away getting the main thread up and running!

Last edited:
I love how much you have planned out- The passion you show already is amazing~
I don't know much about Warcraft, but the story so far seems challenging and exciting! I'm really interested in seeing your twist in the lore!
My name is Moonbloom, and I'm definitely interested in playing your RP!

I have never played Wow so I don't know anything about it but I am interested as a ranger.

I have never played Wow so I don't know anything about it but I am interested as a ranger.

That's totally A-Okay! If anything that may make everything a little more exciting! Any information that you (as the players) need to know pertaining to lore and stuff I will provide in advance to whatever I have planned. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.

Alright! We're about ready to start this off, I'm just waiting on at least 2 more people to join in and then I'll talk to the mods about getting me a subforum.

Just to note, I'll only be allowing one person per class, so please go over the list and figure out which classes you'd like to play. Thank you for your patience guys!

Back