The Ishmus of Souls Recruitment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArQane

With blood comes life, with life comes death.
Note: It is highly advised to join our Discord to get the latest updates in the RP. If you are not accepted, it is still advised that you keep up with the story in order to not fall behind. If you never make it in, the story and its contents is probably an entertaining read regardless.

The Isthmus of Souls is a very information packed RP. Make sure you read the Isthmus of Souls Lore prior to submitting an application. It is also advised to look at the character sheets of accepted members to see roughly how the application should be formatted, and the contents you need to cover in them.

Format of thread title should be like so:
[APPLICATION] Keeper/Familiar

The content in the sheets do not need to be too elaborate, especially the familiar's abilities and skillsets. Just give a bound (IE: Fire) to keep the skills in, so you don't stray too far from specialized skills. Most importantly, discuss with the GM about your character throughout the character building process.

Character Guidelines and Additional Info:
Note that your character, in the midst of the fighting, used to lead a normal life. You can choose to sacrifice this life altogether, but it’s more common to see keepers attempt to juggle their old life with the new one that have been forced upon them.

Godmodding and Mary-Suing a character (as always), is prohibited. You will not be allowed in the RP if your character is deemed too powerful or unoriginal by the GM. In the roleplay itself, your power will be regulated and you are expected to make mistakes and create a personality for you character. Nobody is perfect, and your character is not exempted from that.

The character sheet is more of something for me to reference rather than a set boundary for your character. I want to be able to picture your character once I finish reading your application. Other than that, your character development is more reliant on your posting material itself. Note that your character can and is expected to change in personality, etc. as the RP unfolds.

Each player will undergo selection and balancing before permitted into the RP. If the RP gains enough interested players, registrations will open that asks for interested players to create both a keeper and his/her respective familiar. This RP will include PvP, but note that consent of the other character is needed to kill their character. If the writer does something that I (or any other future GMs) might consider crazy, we will warn the player of impending death sentences.

Character Sheets:
Keeper Name, Age:
Self Explanatory. Don’t make a super awkward name, though; you live in a modern setting. I’m not too nitpicky about the age, but make sure it is reasonable. Too young of a character probably won’t survive long, and we wouldn’t be seeing a old geezer running and lightning speed along the battlefield.

Keeper Personality, Appearance, and Characteristics:
Not everyone is Prince Charming, but everyone is their own unique snowflake. There’s nothing wrong with not having the handsomest or most beautiful character in the world. Don’t butcher their appearance, but don’t stray too far into the unrealistic.

Keeper Backstory and Background:
Jobs? School? Not everything needs to be listed in this category, but include anything you can think of. Some things can be introduced as the story for your individual develops. This is the most important part of your evaluation, so do a good job. You are expected to include important factors (such as family) that could be major influences to you character. If I have a better understanding of your character, I can judge your application more accurately.

Familiar Name/Alias:
Refer to above. Age, for Familiars, is negligible.

Familiar Personality, Appearance, and Characteristics:
Some familiars are intentionally made to look a certain way, etc. so this category requires no regulative measures. Be creative.

Familiar Skillset:
Can be extremely broad for now, but I expect one to elaborate and develop this ability the further in we go. Please include weapon skills, magical abilities (passive or active), etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back