1x1 Remember

Stunned by the knight's action, Seth stood in horror as tractor rose into the sky from her massive punch. Taking a step back, he was caught off guard as Ries crashed, locking him into a choke hold as the two tumbled towards the ground. gasping for air, his hand glowed as he tried to wrap his hand on the knight's arm. A surge of magnetism rushed into the knight's brain, like tidal wave. "Let go-" Seth then went limp. The boy couldn't get his command out, Seth passed out and the magnetism faded. Her brain might have still felt a rush, but she won."

View attachment 11081
"Jesus Ries! Are you okay? He didn't mess with your mind, did he?" Chloe ran towards her new friend, maybe surprisingly to the knight, but with a strong hug. The two had only know each other for a few hours, but there was a kinship of sorts. "It took me awhile, but I was able to get out of the car! I was about to warn you that I got a text that Seth here apparently woke up from his coma and left middle of the knight. I guess with the whole "Belle vu" break out, he was able to get past the radar. A loud crashing sound could be heard on the other side on the outside of the barn loft. "I'm guessing that was your doings? "Normally Clark tries to catch the things he throws, but your way is a little more badass."

View attachment 11116

"Worry not for me, Chloe. I was simply getting to know some of Clark's... other friends, as he called himself," Riesbyfe remarked once Seth had been dealt with, letting the boy's unconscious body drop harmlessly to the grass. With that, the woman knelt down briefly to recover her discarded gauntlet, snapping it back on, before directing her gaze toward Chloe.

To the girl's last remark, the Holy Knight couldn't help but let out a modest chuckle. "Aha, well, I admit to losing myself in the heat of the moment. I can only pray for leniency from Ms. Kent for what I've done, but... I get the feeling she is used to this sort of thing, as are you," Riesbyfe breathed, before crossing her arms, letting out a breath as she was allowed to relax again.

"In any case... Shall we bring him back where he belongs then? Or did you have something else in mind?"

@Josh

Last edited:
Chuckling with the knight, the young reporter nodded. "I'll call Smallville's finest. Let them know I found him knocked out on the side of the road. Let's just move him there. It's not a good look for him to be found here if you're a Senator. "

As the two moved the boy, Chloe did as she said. Calling the police, she did all of the talking to the police, as Chloe suggested the knight go back to farm. The long walk was, peaceful. The sky had cleared up, and the sun was starting to set. The colors of the sky as the light slowly faded was breath taking. As the knight entered the house, confusion stuck. The house was clean, none of the mess of the fight was seeable. If anything, it was cleaner than before. As Riesbyfe walked to the kitchen, the family dog was still sleeping, and the window she was thrown out of? Fixed. It had only been over a half hour or so. She walked outside, and there, almost where it started, the tractor that knight punched! As the knight inspected it, shockingly, there was no dent! As took a deep breath, she could smell that the old machine was run recently. Apparently, she had nothing to fear from Mrs. Kent now. However, the knight knew who did all this. light noises could be heard from barn loft. Walking inside, it felt more like a private room than a workspace. A voice called to her. A man was on the top floor He soon showed himself, but the knight already knew.

View attachment 11142

"So, I see you ran into Seth. He didn't give you too much trouble, I hope? I swear, that's not the normal "Smallville welcome." It's good to see you."

Last edited:
View attachment 11146

"Fret not. Compared to all the ghouls and demons I've had to face in my day, a mere boy with a bad temper is a welcome change of pace," Riesbyfe chuckled as she finally reunited with the person she'd been looking for, moving to get closer to Clark. "But either way, your mother and dear Chloe have done well to make me feel welcome here, rest assured."

Maintaining a friendly smile, she folded her arms behind her back as she continued. "I must say, I am impressed with how quickly you were able to clean up after the... mess I made. With speed like that, you would certainly make for a good butler, or perhaps... a housemaid even," she teased, before clearing her throat. "It is good to see you again, Clark. I trust you have been well?"

They had hardly much time to speak even after the Revanchist War. Even with the multiverse at relative peace, Riesbyfe -- having found new home in Avalon -- had spent much time contributing to rebuilding the city and making sure it was running smoothly, especially under the supervision of their new councilors, Naegi and Kirigiri. With all that said, perhaps there was some amusement to be found in that moments like these were the only way they'd be able to keep in contact with each other, but such was life.

@Josh

View attachment 11184

"Let's just say, I've had a lot of practices. This isn't the first fight that happened here. Luckly for us, we keep a lot of spare parts. My dad's idea. If your kid is injury prone, you keep band-aids. If your kid fight people with special powers? You keep spare panes of glass."

Smirking, Clark breathed a relaxed sigh as the knight walked towards him.

"I got to say, you did do a number on the tractor. Luckly I was able to get the giant dent out. Took me a few minutes. That tractor has been on this farm longer than I have.' A playful smirk as the young man of steel took a seat on the couch in the loft. Picking up a baseball, he tossed it in the air, catching it with ease, then repeat.

"I apologize that i wasn't able to get here sooner. Chloe told you I was cleaning up a mess." Clark winces. "Let's just say, I'm not everyone's favorite person." A large grimace now shown on the young man's face. Staring at the knight, x-raying her. Clark face now showed a different emotion, worry. Suddenly gone, and then even quicker back, the boy now had a metal book it in his hand.

"Reisbyfe, it seems Seth left you a parting gift. You still have a few objects in your body. Two nails under your left arm, a screw and a half in your right thigh I think about five sowing needles in you back, to be exact." A deep, embarrassed sigh, followed by a childlike awkward smiled. " Uh, Ries? I need you to take off your shirt and lay down. So, uh, I can get that junk out of you. It shouldn't take long. Unless you want to my mother to do it."

Last edited:
"Aha, is that so? I suppose they are a farmer's best friend after all," Riesbyfe mused as Clark mentioned the tractor having been around the farm for even longer than him. It was quite a surprise to hear, if it was to be believed that Clark had had his fair share of scraps in his time with people like Seth and other undesirables.

Still, she shook her head when it seemed the young man felt regretful regarding her encounter with Seth. "In any case, it isn't your fault. I certainly know how to deal with a rabble-rouser or two, and beyond that, I know well enough that no good deed is without its detractors."

Once Clark x-rayed her to spot some extra wounds that hadn't been tended to, Riesbyfe furrowed her brow and pursed her lips in a suspect manner toward Clark as he spoke.

View attachment 11185

"Goodness me, Clark. I've never known you to be so brazen. Asking that of a lady," she said, as though she still didn't notice any extra wounds lingering on her body even after Clark pointed them out. Riesbyfe reached and searched around her own body to confirm Seth's so-called parting gifts, and after giving a resigned sigh, she relented. "Oh, very well, but do not presume to push your luck. I only permit your help because it would be a bother to tend to it myself, and I wish not to take those extra steps to bother your mother about it."

Indeed, her experience dealing with demons and the creatures of the night naturally meant she had encountered her fair share of wounds, and how to treat them, but in the cases where she would get marked in inconvenient places, she of course had to relent to someone else to help nurse her wounds, embarrassing as it would be.

With a breath, the silver-haired woman gingerly slid out of her black jacket, laying it down on a nearby table, before sitting down where she could and began to uncouple her chestplate, letting it fall to the floor with a resounding clang, leaving her in a black, sleeveless tanktop, bare arms laid out before Clark.

"So? Let us get to work, shall we?"

@Josh

Incredibly embarrassed, Clark turned his head. As he waited, the knight could tell uncomfortable the man of steel as turned around when Riesbyfe. Bring the bucket towards the prone knight. Staring her straight in the eyes, Clark went to the under part of her left arm. Massaging it softly. "Don't tense up, you're tensing up!" Clark sighed as the first nail slowly popped out. Clark smiled. "One more to go." Going back to work, the other one was deeper; however, Clark repeated his motions. Clark kept his eye on the arm, then he'd look a t Ries, just in case the Knight was worried his "eyes would wander".
View attachment 11186
After getting both nails, he moved towards her thigh. "You know? Before today, I didn't know you could even take off your armor." Clark gave her a goofy smile as he worked her led. The Screws were harder to come out. Clark had to unscrew them, so he didn't do any other damage. The Knight could feel the broken screw turning, unfurrowing from her skin as Clark lead it out with his fingers. Just like the nails before, they came out.

Look a Reis, Clark sighed. "Now the needles." Clark shifted to her back. Surpassingly quick, the first two popped out when Clark lay hands on her back. Massaging her back, the other three popped out.

"Well, the was painless, right? Only took about, three minutes because you kept tensing up. Next time, we're getting my mom. " Clark smirked as he turned away, so she could dress herself. "Like I said earlier, I'm just glad you're okay. It's good to see you."

@Ver

View attachment 11190

"..."

Though there was some degree of discomfort, Riesbyfe did her best to relax as Clark went to work on patching her up. With only her tanktop covering the upper half of her body, the young man would get a better look at her body than perhaps most anyone else was ever able to get a gander at. Her arms were toned, not too bulky but certainly not delicate either. One could imagine her physical strength mostly came from the magic she used, but not all of it. Her muscle was distributed well across her body, and though she lacked much definition, one could imagine she more than made up for it in actual function.

She gave a wry smile as Clark joked about whether or not the armor ever came off. "What can I say? The armor stays on for as long as I can help it. In our line of work, one can never be too careful, can we?" She breathed, remembering back to their time together in the Revanchist War. It felt so distant, and yet, it felt like yesterday. Perhaps that was a good and bad thing about time being relative across worlds. Sometimes, you had just as much time as you needed, or no time at all.

Once he was finished, the woman got to work dressing again, reattaching her armor and throwing her coat back on. "In any case, thank you for that, Clark. And... it is good to see you as well. It appears you're doing as good as ever, as well as one ever can," she stood up, folding her arms behind her back. She flashed a brief smile toward him, before turning around and distantly looking out the window in the barn.

"But I take it you can imagine I'm not here for just a social call?"

@Josh

"Yeah, I know the drill."
View attachment 11225
Clark deflated like a hot air balloon. Turning his head, Clark gazed at the wall. He knew that the knight wasn't here just to see him, but in earnestness, he gotten his hopes up. A deep sigh rattled the room as he turned back to his friend.

"You know me, Ries. If the multiverse is in trouble, I can't say no. Up until today, things had been rather slow around here. Kind of gotten use to that. It was nice." A flash of sadness washed over him. "What do you need from me?"

@Ver

View attachment 11242

With the pleasantries out of the way, Riesbyfe's expression turned more grave and serious, at once appreciating Clark's mutual desire to cut to the chase, and at the other, hoping that the severity of the situation would not be undermined by anything else.

"I take it by now, you're quite aware that the multiverse has no shortage of madmen and would-be despots who wish to subjugate others under his rule, hunting power for its own sake, between that man Wesker, that accursed Arch Demon, and even Revan, all of whom at one point had orchestrated at least one... Murder Game, they called it. Events, like our own Point Zero, in which they'd string along innocents from different worlds like puppets to play their little games. And like clockwork, it appears ODMA has detected another such incident currently underway right this moment," the silver-haired knight began to explain without missing a breath.

"And naturally, as it goes without saying, it would be prudent if this game were not allowed to meet its conclusion, lest other men like Albert Wesker or Lex Luthor be allowed to fulfill their dire ambitions."

Riesbyfe continued on, folding her arms behind her back. "I was personally contacted by the organization; presumably I was the easiest to make contact with since I'd been residing within Avalon, and well..." The woman paused briefly, sticking out her arm and gestured at her own metallic glove. "I suppose I am quite the powerhouse, so I am not wholly surprised they chose to turn to me."

"In turn, I knew that you would have been the prime choice to be my partner for this assignment... should you choose to accept. More than your great power, and the fact that this is hardly our first trial by fire together, I knew that it is your heart -- your drive to protect and save others more than anything else -- that rendered me unable to expel you from my thoughts,"
she said, seemingly oblivious to any other implication her words might have carried. "So... that is all there is. What do you say, Clark? Keen to stop another would-be Revan before he can wage his own war?"

@Josh

Take a seat, Clark listened to the Knights speech. Old, painful memories rushed the Man of steel's head. What that demon did to him, made him do. Then he thought of Lex. A look of pain cascaded over him as he shot up, shaking his head, he looked at the knight.

"You know you can count on me. But ODMA, can we trust them? I mean, do they even know you came to me? I mean, I have no doubt we're the Multiverse's finest, it just seems there is a lot of moving parts.

"I'll help you but..."
Pacing, Clark sighed. Lowering his head, he couldn't make eye contact with the knight at first, the young man left his head, his face said it all.

View attachment 11275
"I never wanted this, Ries. These powers. This life. I just wanted to be a normal guy. And since Lana was killed? Well, I haven't been myself. Even at the last event I was in......" Clark looked down. "How can I be trusted to save anyone, How can you trust me to help or save you when I couldn't even save the person I loved the most?" Clark admitted.

@Ver

View attachment 11345

"..."

Riesbyfe only listened silently, not seeming to be any surprised or offput as Clark suddenly began to bare his heart toward her. These feelings of his were natural, and no one should ever be ashamed of their feelings. But even she knew that times like these could easily weigh heavily on people, even those who seem the strongest and most reliable on the outside.

Saying nothing initially, the woman could only put a soft hand on the young man's shoulder. "... It must have been difficult. To see someone so dear to you lose their life like that," Riesbyfe began softly. "I... cannot claim to fully understand how you feel. If anything, I feel it is myself who tends to become lost to save others, only to barely survive by sheer providence," she breathed, reflecting on the incident in her home world that had separated her from Sion in the first place, and then again when she had lost many of her memories pertaining to Point Zero.

"But even so, I can tell you this much... We all make mistakes, Clark. Sometimes they are small, insignificant events, and sometimes we fail miserably, and terrible things can happen. But the important thing... is that no matter what, you keep your head up high, and continue looking forward, toward the future, no matter what."

"I know you to be a good person, Clark. Yours is one of the biggest hearts I've seen, the way you've continuously fought, protected, and sacrificed everything for the sake of others. And... I may not have known your dearest Lana, but do you truly believe this is what she would have wanted for you? To give up and forsake everything? Or rather... don't you think she would have wanted you to keep going, to find your happiness, no matter how harrowing the journey is?"

Riesbyfe moved her hand off of Clark's shoulder, clenching it into a soft fist, and put it to her heart. Her eyes were stern, almost threatening to pierce the Boy of Steel, but she also gave an affirming smile. "Besides, if no one else does... I shall always put my trust in you, Clark. You wouldn't want to let me down, would you?" She said, giving a wry wink as she spoke.

@Josh

Back