Demon's Broken Promise Removed

happydeath

All posts that are in character within the Ash Wolves Headquarters should be done here. This includes any interactions inside of the headquarters whether it is in the armory, training center, etc.

Last edited:
Destrier's fist slammed into the training dummy. He had a day off to do, why not train the little time he had off? Not like there was much to do on a Saturday morning anyway. He grit his teeth as he sweat. He did like the new training dummy's though. They actually fought back. A fist caught him in the side, wheezing him and making him fall to the ground, just to get thrown up again by the dummy's mechanical knee. Destrier twisted out the way just as a energy blast struck where he once was. Destrier grabbed the dummy's wrist, twisting it backwards and shoving a sword into it's back. Great. Another dummy broken.

End Of Day 1
vUlWWCa.jpg

319d2666b71d7a0d93d632bfd1a8a5b6.png

Time Of Day: Late Morning
Weather: Sunny / Cool
Sitting in front of a large circular table that had the hologram of what appeared to had been the entire schemtics of the city of Haven in front of him, Johnathan scratched the back of his head as well as running a hand over his many claw-like scars going down his right side of his face. "God damn...That city is fucking massive. Look at it Benny. I mean...really...how many bars do you think they have-- how many strip clubs have I not gone to yet." Although the man had a completely straight face as he spoke about all this, the other man who Johnathan had been speaking to only raised a brow and raised both his arms in the air as though he were completely confused on the matter.

"S-Sir! Are you serious right now? Bars? Strip clubs?! This is the main city of where the demons are located, and all you can think about are bars and strip clubs?! Shouldn't we be conversing about the fact that the bombs are ready to explode on your command? What about the soldiers who still don't know about this. Shouldn't we--" As the man continued on and on, he was quickly hushed by Johnathan flinging his combat dagger right to the man's head only to miss the side of his face by inches and jabbing into the wall behind him. All the while, Johnathan never left his gaze on the hologram view of the city before him.

"I know what needs to be done Ben. You're always too damn serious about everything. Take a break and get Destrier in here." The man who sat on the opposite side of the table who had been speaking slowly nodded his head while shaking in both shock and fear of how the leader of their organization was such a strange man before calling the second in command on the comm. link to ask him to come to the briefing room by orders of the leader.

Destrier got the message immediately. He left from the training room, following the winding steel hallways until he arrived. He stood at alert, looking directly at the 'fearless,' leader of the Ash Wolves. "Commander Destrier Seam on duty sir!" Destrier looked around the steel room, he picked up a knife from one of the nearby tables, throwing it between his hands, "What did you call me here for sir?"

Mentions: @happydeath

Last edited:
vUlWWCa.jpg

While waiting for his second in command to arrive at the briefing room, Johnathan had his only working eye focused on the hologram of the city as well as the blinking red lights that were scattered everywhere on the hologram. Knowing well enough the lights represented the explosives that were planted, he'd rub the back of his head on wonder whether or not he should send in other operative before setting off the explosives.

By the time Destrier had entered the room, Johnathan turned his head over towards the male before pointing over at the hologram with a raised brow. "Ya see this Destrier? Perfect. Once those go off...bomb. Perfect chance to rain hell on those damn bastards. I want you and your team to head to Haven as soon as you get all your gear strapped. I'll be joining you. We're not starting our attack just yet.." As he spoke the entire time with his stern and serious tone in his voice, he'd slam both his hands soon onto the large metallic table before leaning forward towards the hologram of the city.

"I want to see how the demons fucking party first! C'mon Destrier, you can't tell me you have never been curious what it's like partying with a drunk demon!" Laughing as he soon fell back into his seat that rolled away from the hologram, only coming to a halt once he rolled over towards one of the consoles behind him that had several other workers beside him on both his left and right working at their own computers.

"Also...I heard, there was some problems between you and some kind of other individual yesterday? I got reports from the city's surveillance cameras and dug into their ID. It seems like they were part of the Black Cross. Do you know about their whereabouts? The Black Cross, even if they are no longer around...members of that group were known as dangerous huntsmen, having whoever that is...might help when the time is right."

Interactions: @happydeath

"Understood sir. My team will be on it right away." Destrier stated seriously, then rolled his eyes. "I think it would be the same as a human sir, maybe just a little bit more chaotic." He chuckled lightly as his leader nearly fell out his chair.

"Uhm, Yes sir. Told me his name was Asphodel. Also, if i may sir, I think we should blow up the bombs the moment we get the chance. I do not think it would help us if they found out before we even had a chance to detonate them sir. Anyways, If that's all you needed me for sir, I will get the team and roll out."

vUlWWCa.jpg

Getting the response about how demons probably had partied just like humans aside from the fact that it would be a bit more chaotic was quite the let down for Johnathan. Sighing in response to that fact, he rolled the chair back over towards the hologram view of the city of Haven before him. "When you get there Destrier, make sure you get into contact with Shinji as soon as possible. I want you two to check on those explosives, make sure there are no civilians near them...we may be there to also kill demons, but humans are out of the question unless absolutely necessary." As he spoke, his joking demeanor had completely faded and he returned to his completely stern and serious type once more.

Johnathan was well aware that the current situation required the upmost attention but the fact that being overly serious could lead to disaster was well made him the way he was. Just as the conversation was ending and Destrier was about to make his leave of the room to go and gather his team before heading out, the male raised his index finger to inform the man to wait a moment.

Without so much as another moment passing, the double metallic doors that was the entrance into the room had swung open before two guards who were dressed in all black metallic suits with red visor helmets entered the room, behind them was none other than Asphodel tied up by his wrists and ankles like a pig while being dragged across the floor. The two men had saluted to Johnathan who nodded his head towards the two of them. "Untie him." Pointing at the man on the floor with his index finger that he had risen, the leader's gaze landed onto that of Destrier. "Is this that man? If so, take him with you. Take the Phantom Hawk. Land outside of the city and find a way in by foot. That city no doubt has some sort of barrier security system over it. Going in by air might set it off and ruin this whole operation. We will rendezvous a selected location once you two and your squad has entered the city and regrouped with Shinji. If there are no questions, get moving." Turning his back to the two men, the two other guards took their leave of the room without so much as a word while Johnathan ran a hand over his bandaged arm carefully.

The time he finally woke up and Asphodel found himself among the members of the Ash Wolves. He groaned in pain. "Note to self, do not let morality conquer when dealing with these idiots. They use electricity and plasma," he mumbled. "If possible, kill them already."

It took a few second for him to notice that his wrists, as well as other places were throbbing. Did they just… he forced a chuckle, rubbing the marks on his wrists. "Dear, if you to have a night out with me, just ask. You don't need to kidnap me." He removed his mask and wrinkled his nose. "So, are you going to explain to me what this is all about?"

@happydeath and @Lila Renn

Destrier rolled his eyes, "Yes it is sir. We'll take him with us immediately." Destrier hauled Asphodel to his feet, "We're going to Haven City. We are going to meet up with Operative Shinji. You're coming with us. I'll explain the finer details on the plane." Destrier walked out the door, going to one of his members current living rooms. After he had arrived, he knocked on the door and it opened, almost immediately.

Interactions: @happydeath and @Vague o3

"Yes, after you tie me up again," he stated sarcastically. "Word of advice, leader, could you just tie me on a bed next time. Much more comfortable for both of us."

With that said and him being dragged to his feet, Asphodel turned to the familiar helmet he kicked earlier and held put his hand. "My weapons, please." Unlike yesterday where he showed his emotions, the person standing before them was distant and cold. It was like talking to another person with a familiar face.

The officer hesitated.

"I am in the den full of wolves, sir. If I were to bare my own fangs, I would have been killed immediately," he stated. And it was true. The trainings he had in Black Cross was when he encounters beings of supernatural decent. He was taught to spare humans and to show compassion. These people were still humans.

Chaos and Peace were the first to be given. Then came in Ran. Asphodel's lips twitched upwards when a few who had their helmets off, widened their eyes. A bag was given last. He would assume this is where they placed his vials and bone needles. Nodding his thanks, he followed Destrier to who-knows-where.

@happydeath @Lila Renn

Last edited:
Abyssinia opened the door, rolling her eyes as she saw Destrier, "What do you want?" She snapped, eager to just stay asleep.
"We're going to Haven, Meeting up with Operative-" He began.
"Okay!" Abyssinia's demeanor had changed completely, "I'll be at the ship in a minute." With that, she slammed the door shut.
"Uh, Okay?" He turned around to Asphodel, "I trust you know where the ship is." Destrier walked off.

The mischief in those lilac eyes shone like the sun. Off course he doesn't. He nodded. "I will be at the said meeting place," he stated formally. He turned to the closed door and raised a brow. Oh? Someone who actually don't give two shits on the hierarchy. He was going to like that chick, whoever she is.

"If I may," he started, placing his mask on his back beside Ran. He bowed formally to Destrier and headed to the opposite way of where the ship was. Left alone, the white-haired male explored the headquarters. He took in every floor plan he could see, secretly taking a photo and then moving about once again.

In his exploration, he found the training grounds, argued with another officer, stole a plasma dagger, was flirted with some of the female members, found the way back to Bastion, and again was dragged back into the bowels of the headquarters. This took about an hour. "Apologies for the delay," he stated to the person manning the ship. "I was looking for the bathroom and got lost in the way."

"Mmhmm, lost," one of the officers giggled. "Rumor has it that some piece of ass was loitering around the headquarters."

@Lila Renn and @happydeath

Last edited:
Abyssinia was walking towards the ship, "Whats the phrase again..? Oh uhm, I call shotgun!" She shouted, instantly sliding into the seat next to the pilot, where the pilot was sitting. Destrier rolled his eyes, sliding into one of the back seats. He laid back, resting his head against the seat. "Wake me when we get close." Destrier murmured, closing his eyes. "And remember, do not go so close that they will detect us." Destrier told them, then fell asleep.

@Vague o3 and @happydeath

Knowing that the flight would be for a few hours, Asphodel made himself comfortable. With their leader being lazy and not giving the appropriate information, it was up to the hunter himself to actually do what was needed to be done. He closed his eyes and took in deep breathes, balancing his emotion, compartmentalizing information, planning out how to actually attack, and then thinking of a way to get out alive.

"Lonely?" one of the members inquired, sitting next to the hunter. She placed a tumbler beside him. "Coffee?"

Asphodel cracked open an eye to glance at the member. He snapped his fingers; a way to change from the cold and serious hunter to the socialite angel that he was known for. A thankful smile graced his face. "That could be nice," he sighed. "Thank you."

"Are you by any chance the Recluse the higher-ups kept whispering about?" she asked.

How did this girl, so innocent and naive, became a part of the most feared secret organization in the human world? "I do not think so, lady," he chuckled. "I am but a former member of the Black Cross like you. My training was still underway when they decided to disband," he lied easily.

"But you already have a cassock and the crest. Only officers were given those."

Asphodel shook his head. "This were memorabilia from my mentor. He said that if ever I was to present myself back to Bastion, I would have to use them."

The girl nodded. Asphodel easily changed the topic. It took no time to actually attract an audience. He joked about with the members and subtly inquired what the Ash Wolves were planning. He did it in a way that the members did not realize they were giving vital information. He also realized that the demons inside the mythical city knows of the crest of the Black Cross. Asphodel pursed his lips. Was he to become a sacrificial lamp? To distract the demons and let the Ash Wolves clear those from behind? Once this thing lands, he was to create a plan on how to separate from this group.

@happydeath and @Lila Renn

vUlWWCa.jpg

Unable to hold his laughter after the man known as Asphodel had spoken up about practically strapping him to a bed next time instead; Johnathan simply shook his head as he returned his gaze back to the other screens that had live footage of the city wherever the explosives had been planted. The sight of humans and demons wandering the city together had him grit his teeth before running his bandaged right hand down the scars he had on his face. "Almost time now.." Whispering under his breath, he finally stood up from his seat before making his way out the room from the same doors that the officers along with his second in command and the other man from Black Cross exited from.

The first place he went to was his own quarters where he removed his garments just to equip himself with a black suit made entirely from nanotech that was to protect him from extreme temperatures whether low or high as well as low tier gunfire and explosions. Strapping his specialized combat dagger to a sheath on his side as well as his magnum on his hip; he cracked his knuckles before proceeding to the hanger bay where the ship that everyone was on had been starting up to prepare for launch. "Don't wait up for us! Keep the comm. channels up! I'll be reporting in details as the mission progresses. Also, prepare the leviathan if we need a serious evac!" Calling out to the surrounding operatives who had been checking the ship's status from fuel to it's stealth generator, flares, as well as other functions; the operatives saluted through the loud noises of the engine of the ship starting.

After Johnathan had stepped into the ship only to see his second had already fallen asleep, he'd only shake his head with a chuckle just to enter the cockpit and pat the pilot on his shoulder. "Hit it at mach 3...I want to get there with plenty of time to spare...also, I'm kind of hungry. So if anything, see if we can there with some time for us to grab some lunch." The pilot nodded his head only to have Johnathan progress his way to the back of the ship before strapping himself into his own seat.

"Hey, also. Get in contact with operative Shinji." With that one comment, a video screen of a sleeping Shinji appeared in front of the male only to have Johnathan arch a brow before shouting. "Hey! Wake up ya lazy bum!" The shout caused the sleeping male to jump to the point that his cybernetics barely had time to boot up properly. Seeing that his leader was now on a screen in front of him. "S-sir! Wh-what can I do for you?" Slowly but eventually, Shinji's cybernetics kicked in one after another until he was fully operational at full capacity once more. "I'm arriving soon within possibly the next half hour to an hour. I will be present there with Destrier and a member from Black Cross. Get yourself situated. When we meet up, we will plan which explosives to set off and in what order." As Johnathan explained his plan of action, Shinji simply nodded his head before the screen on both ends had disappeared and communications was cut to the preparations for take off.

Later.

The ship was getting closer to Haven, less than twenty miles away now. Destrier awoke, as Abyssinia punched him in the shoulder. He groggily opened his eyes, stretching his arms out. "How much longer?" He asked the pilot.
"Ten Minutes and closing, sir." Destrier nodded, standing up on the large ship. He knocked on the cargo part of the plane, a bright yellow eye appearing at the small slit in the door.
"Hey buddy, We're nearly there." He told the creature, it growled in response. "I'm going to put my armour on," Destrier said, opening the door and sliding in.

"Ten minutes and closing, sir."

This caught the hunter's attention. He still talked with the other Ash Wolves. As Destrier went and hid himself in another compartment, the other members started gearing up.

Asphodel sat there and enjoyed his coffee. There was not need to rush. He was merely to place his mask and join in. His outfit, much to his relief, was said to have blended with the demons. This would be easier than he thought. Removing his medallion, he gazed at the etched symbol and thumbed the saying bordering the cross. "May peace be forever with you." It was somehow ironic that this was the saying engraved on one of the most blood-thirsty branch of the church.

"May peace be forever with you and let thine spirit be free of sorrow and regret," he whispered, kissing the silver coin and gently placing it on the table near his coffee. The gesture, though very simple, is one of the ways to revoke one's position. Once he leaves this plane, he was not a part of the Black Cross anymore. He would merely be a hunter.

Making sure his vials and bone needles were secured, he moved and sat near the exit, asking if they were to jump or just land and run.

@Lila Renn and @happydeath

Destrier came out, a large wolf by his side. "I think, I'm just gonna jump." He murmured, standing by the plane door until his leader gave the command. Abyssinia stood up, smiling,
"This is gonna be fun."

Destrier rolled his eyes, looking at Asphodel, "You geared up?" He asked.

@Vague o3 and @happydeath

The conversation stopped once the leader came out. Asphodel blinked in curiosity. A dog? For someone as brutish as Destrier, he was surprised that he could actually take care of a living being.

He slowly got up from his seat to grab unto the ropes hanging above them. "All geared up, sir," he answered as if he really was part of the Ash Wolves. Placing his mask on, he grabbed the offered chute and waited. His hidden eyes moved from the canine to the chick beside Destrier. If he was correct, these two were the only companions Destrier had that he could trust his life upon. Asphodel's lips twitched up. 'Truly, this will be fun,' he thought.

@Lila Renn @happydeath

Last edited:
"Three." He murmured, "Two.." Abyssinia smiled, "One." Destrier jumped out, and felt the air beating against his face, He checked if they could hear him. Destrier pulled out a radio, Pointing at a large spot, "We're landing there, after that we make our way to Haven which should take about an hour then we meet with Shinji." He screamed into the radio, pulling on the chute at the perfect time. Gliding down to the ground.

Abyssinia shouted with Adrenaline, not even worried. The ground rushed to meet her, she was less than 20 meters away from it. Abyssinia's arms flung out, plasma beating against the ground, instantly slowing her descent slow enough that she hit the ground and rolled to her feet.
"Woo!"

Back