Open Requiem.

Lila Renn

Hell on Earth.
Requiem. The planet full of mountainous terrain and large caves. Oh. Almost forgot to mention the beasts that now roam the planet that wouldn't hesitate to rip your throat out! Silly me. The planets inner core is the most dangerous. It's on a meltdown and that, by any means, is NOT a good thing.

Diana sat on the cold, rocky floor. She was not prepared for a harsh winter on the desolate planet. She wasn't even dressed for a winter. Diana shivered, freezing cold.. Actually maybe that's because she got teleported on a BLOODY MOUNTAIN! She began to make her way down the mountain, rocks falling every now and then.

It was one thing to have discovered a whole new world in the Nexus, but to discover that she could get to so many other worlds from there was enough to have the spider girl explode with excitement. She loved exploring new places, and without as much as a second thought she jumped at the chance to visit another world right away. It didn't take long after being transported to the cold mountainous areas of Requiem for that excitement to freeze over though. Mitzi could handle cold days, but this was something else.

Her lower half was kept warm enough with all the tarantula hairs offering a fuzzy warm coating. Her humanlike half however was not. She'd chosen to wear a sleeveless top today, which left a chill tingling across her arms. She rubbed them together, breathed on them, did everything she could to warm them up as she descended the mountain in hopes that the weather would be any more bearable down there. All the while, the option to just go back to Nexus City was stowed away in the back of her mind. This planet didn't seem to have much in the way of population at all. Was there anyone around?

Among the rocks and boulders tumbling down the mountain, Mitzi did catch sight of one speck that seemed to be moving differently. Was it people? Mitzi scuttled down the mountain. The way down was slippery, so she practiced caution until she got close enough to recognize the figure of a human.

"Hello?" She raised her voice slightly to combat the chilling winds. "I'm a little lost! Where is everybody?"

Diana noticed the figure of a.. Human? That wasn't right wait was that a..? "SPIDER!" Diana screeched, running around in a circle.

At this point Mitzi wasn't surprised. A few hours in Nexus City and the girl had gotten used to people running away at the sight of her, except this lady was running in... circles? Why circles?

"Oh, please be careful! You might slip!"

The last thing she wanted was for her very existence to cause someone actual harm. She tried closing her upper eyes so then only the two most human-like ones were open, in an attempt to make Diana feel just that little bit more secure. Nothing Mitzi could do would hide her blue skin, spider fangs or her abundance of legs though. She tried her best to look as harmless as possible, offering a smile and being careful not to make any sudden movements.

"I'm not gonna hurt you or anything! I just wanna know where everyone is!"

Diana stopped running in circles, then carefully made her way down the cliff, then screaming again and running in circles before stopping, a thinking face on while she stroked her chin..? Diana started jumping up and screaming in circles, she CLEARLY wasn't thinking straight.

This was starting to become funny, and it definitely kept Mitzi's attention away from the punishing cold of the mountain. It wasn't right to take pleasure in another person's misfortune, or pain or fear or whatever, but it was such a strange choice of actions she couldn't help but laugh a little. What was that human doing over there?

The two of them were at least getting down the mountain so that was progress, she had to suppose. Mitzi crawled down the cliff after Diana and figured one last time to try talking to her. She really had no idea how to make herself seem any more harmless. If this didn't work, the spider girl would have to come up with a plan B.

"Uhmm... excuse me? Hello! My name's Mitzi and well... I'm lost." Her voice carried with it the essence of a helpless child who'd lost her parents at a theme park. "Can you help me?"

Diana stopped screaming and running. It seemed as though a switch had been flipped in her mind, "Of course, what do you need help with?" She asked kindly, forgetting all about the spider legs and features.

Wait, what? That actually worked? Well, it wasn't like Mitzi was expecting the third attempt to fail completely otherwise she wouldn't have bothered to try at all, but Diana's response was strangely positive. It was as if she'd become an entirely different person. It was too cooperative to be true, and the shock left Mitzi in silence for a few seconds while she was figuring out how to respond.

"Oh sorry, I just wanted to ask if you knew where the nearest town or village or whatever is. I'm visiting this world from far away and I really want to meet the people here. That and having a place to sleep would also be nice. Problem is, I'm well... completely lost!"

"I have no clue where we are!" Diana told her, then stopped for a moment. "I have no clue where we are?" She clicked her tongue, realization setting in, "I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE I AM!!!" Diana proceeded to faint.

It looked like the ladies were back to square one. Mitzi wasn't quick enough to catch the strange woman as she fainted, but she did scuttle over to try and lift her up off of the cold ground. At this rate it'd likely be better to just turn back and make their way to Nexus City again. Sadly for Diana, carrying an adult human all the way back up the mountain was borderline impossible for the drider girl. She wasn't the spitting image of fitness, not even close.

The only way then, was down. Mitzi struggled to hoist the unconscious Diana onto her back, but she got there eventually. Her tarantula fuzz ought to at least make the ride comfortable for her new... acquaintance? Were they really acquainted? It was hard to tell with all of Diana's odd personality quirks. Still, Mitzi did kind of like her, or at least found her to be worth a few giggles.

Hopefully she didn't catch a cold. Mitzi couldn't stand germs, and she really could do without someone sneezing at her back.

Diana awoke, surprisingly comfortable. She instantly fell back asleep, what a strange girl. She did not notice she was on the back of this spider creature.

The descent was only getting more and more tiring while Mitzi was carrying Diana. The added limitation that she couldn't crawl down cliffs was a mild pain, considering that her passenger might just fall down if she tried. After scuttling around to avoid jumping down one particular ledge, she discovered that the very cliff bore the entrance to a cave. Sweet shelter from the weather! Finally!

Mitzi brought Diana into the icy cave, taking care not to slip on the "puddles" of ice scattered about. It was only marginally warmer in there, but at least they'd be protected from any snowstorms or hail. The darkness of the cave also brought a level of comfort to the spider girl, since that was the kind of environment she'd been raised in after all. Crystalline icicles dotted the ceiling and added a little beauty to the area, and once the duo had gotten a little further inside, Mitzi decided to rest her feet a spell. All that walking around on jagged stone was beyond uncomfortable.

Her respite was brief. The silence was broken by growling noises originating from deeper within the tunnel. This cave belonged to someone, or something else, and it did not sound friendly.

Diana didn't seem to hear the feral growling, her arm wrapped around Mitzi. Diana snored lightly.. She awoke, her eye's blinking rapidly, "Where am I..?" She groaned, stumbling to her feet.

View attachment 7198 It was hungry. It has ate. It had slept on this planet long enough. Human..? It awoke, from it's Icy slumber, crystalline rocks latched onto the ceiling. It growled, smelling food. Its luminescent light's shining from the darkness.

"We're in a cave, Miss...?" Mitzi never got Diana's name, and it took her this long to realize it. Unfortunately her introduction would once again have to be cut short.

Once a set of lights flashed on and illuminated the cavern, the source of the growling from earlier became all too clear. A mechanical monstrosity stared at Mitzi from the depths, and the accompanying noises only grew more ravenous. Mitzi's instincts urged her to run, and run she did.

"Quick, lady! We've gotta get out of here! This place isn't safe!"

Mitzi worried about Diana of course, but there was no time to loiter around and make sure she was okay or else they could both wind up on that monster's dinner plate.

Diana screamed, sliding off of the Spider-lady's back and running for her life. She eventually came to the exit of the cave, not having enough time to check on Mitzi. Diana turned back, the lights burning brighter than ever.

View attachment 7206It screeched. It hated humans. Its glowing light burned, a beautiful neon light lighting up the cave, revealing the mechanical horror crawling on the walls. It screeched even louder, alerting any near-by Prometheans. Sadly their were none and it was alone, hunting these humans.

Once the weight on her back had lessened, Mitzi knew Diana was off of her and could afford to be more acrobatic, for lack of a better word. She too fled towards the entrance of the cave, crawling up to a wall and along the ceiling to make her escape. Hopefully being up there would make her a more difficult target to pounce on.

There was absolutely no way she could stay behind and fight the monstrosity. She had no idea what it was capable of, but the burning lights and horrid screeching were enough to warn her that it was dangerous; that it was out for their blood. Once she'd gotten to the cave entrance and after confirming Diana's escape, she spun layers of spider web to block the entryway. It wasn't going to do much to deter the beast but at the very least it should slow it down.

She remained stuck on the wall just above the tunnel's entrance, hoping it would serve as a blind spot so that the creature would lose sight of her, or at the very least have a hard time landing an attack on her. Though that was her first instinct, she remembered that someone else was with her too. Was that woman whose name Mitzi never learned going to be alright?

The creature appeared at the entrance, appearing to be sniffing. It blast a hole through the wave of webs, its screeching only growing louder as it fled out of the cave, following Diana's smell as it could not smell the Dreider.

Diana ran as fast as she could, that is, until she tripped on a rock, sending her back down it and right into the creatures line of sight.

"Awh hell." Diana murmured as it ran towards her.

Miles never really got used to the feeling of transport via the rifts. It had always made him feel pretty queasy. So when he appeared on the side of a mountain in Requiem, he dropped to his knees, hit first by nausea and then by the cold.

After he regained himself, he began trudging down the mountain. In his typical blue jeans and chambray ensemble, Miles wished he had packed a serape to keep himself warm. Still, the jeans and long-sleeve shirt provided at least some protection, and he was thankful for that.

He was moving for a bit, every so often catching voices on the wind ( Is there a girl screeching down there? he wondered). He seemed to be catching up when he heard an entirely different sound: a metallic shriek, bestial in tone. And again, a human shriek.

Is she being hunted? he wondered. That certainly won't do. He picked up his pace until he overlooked the mouth of the cave. From his vantage point, he could not see the drider mere feet below him, attached to the cliff face.

What he could see, however, was a woman on the ground, and some mechanical wolf bearing down on her. The wolf was maybe 100 yards from him, and moving away. He drew his right pistol in a flash and released two shots, nearly in unison, both directly on target, despite the gun's considerable recoil.

Even if the .50 caliber bullets didn't kill the beast, he hoped they'd at least distract it so the woman could put some more distance between her and her hunter.

The mechanical horror turned around, letting out a screeching sound. it turned away from Diana, firing several small orange shots at the man. It's claws dug into the ground, scuttling towards the mountain at Inhuman speeds. It screeched again.. Suddenly, several other screeches rang out. They sounded distant, but they were getting closer.

Back