Ame Damnee Residential District

Maric Vakarian - Al'vyon Estate

Maric didn't have any words for what he was witnessing. Wroth's words made no sense, but he acted on Bryn's request, grabbing some comfortable and thick cloth from nearby and making a blindfold for her. "She can take the pain away. I'm sure of it."

He looked up at Wroth, his face baffled and angry. "How can you just stand there and act like this is normal?! Who did this to her!? Was it you, or the twisted remains of your brother? It had to be Legion, right? All those experiments he performed. He told me once about his desire to create a new perfect member of your species. I just never thought he'd stoop so low as to actually force someone to change into this. I'm going to rip that son of a bitch apart!"

Wroth
Al'vyon Estate

Wroth's face didn't change, still keeping that calm stoic look that made it hard to tell what he was thinking. Yet a small sigh escaped his lips while rubbing his temples showed that he couldn't think of a satisfying answer. "Whats done is done," Wroth looked straight into Maric's eyes. "Legion had little to do with this besides bringing up the possibility to Brynhild. I had more to do with her transformation. My blood plus that of my brothers, I gave to her. No coercion's took place I gave her the choice to become a Deva..... I. Had no idea she would suffer after the transformation." peering at Brynhild he gave a small melancholy smile that only latest but a heartbeat before his attention returned to Maric. "I am not making excuses to cover myself or my brother actions, I intend to take full responsibility of all that will happen after Legion is dealt with. Drain me dry or what ever crosses your mind...... In a way. I'm responsible for all this." He was the closest to Legion, his brother, half his soul. Yet he let Satan plant this seed of corruption in his brother the Harbingers suffered all this because of him. Those strong red eyes turned even redder from small tears. "We all have to face our sins sooner than later."

Brynhild Nyman- Xena's Home, Residential District
"We all will be facing the consequences of our sins for the rest of our days or until someone adopts the soul of the sin. I have not been someone in Raziel's life, yet beyond the memories I get of his life; I also received the curse that follows. I did not partake in what he did, yet I'm know fulfilling the consequences that he had yet to face. We are fighting one of our own, for Aditi's sake." She smiled at Maric for the blindfold, feeling more at ease that the state of her eyes can not be readily seen. "Maybe it's time to do what we should have done ages ago, but harming one another is not going to be an option. So no, I will not allow Maric to drain you dry or anything of the sort. If he were to do that, it would make his actions very hypocritical. I'm certain that there are things in his past that he is responsible for. A sin is a sin regardless of the severity. No matter who is experimenting on who. No matter what goes on behind closed doors." With those words, she turned completely to Maric.

"On the other hand, if Xena is able to help me then I will wait for her to wake but in the meantime, I think it would be wise to discuss a game plan, no? We only have a number of hours." With a sigh, she stood up and began pacing. "I was going to take Wroth to the Fringe, no one's there anymore so we can eliminate a good chunk of innocent bystanders getting hurt. For now anyway. It's a bit too late to warn the city and try to evacuate any of the civilians here, so we have to keep this fight in the Fringe, maybe go to the Oblitus so we can take this fight out of the city completely." Her pacing did not lighten, as she gave out another sigh, waiting for the other two to speak up.

Maric attempted to slow his breathing. His hand was shaking slightly, the addiction withdrawal already taking a slight hold on him but he forced himself to be calm. He needed to tap into his tactical mind, the mind of a true assassin. He couldn't help but wince as Bryn brought up his past though, a wound still left sore.

"The Fringe seems to be the better option. An open, empty space with not many exits. It's possible to take the fight into the desert of pain, but there are far too many variables there that could aid Legion. Sandstorms, wild predators, and if he finds the Dunes of Nemesis, I don't even want to imagine what he'd do with all that excess magic. This fight will be very chaotic so it's best to minimize unpredictable elements as much as possible."

Wroth
Al'vyon Estate

Wroth felt tense at seeing Maric trying to control himself, even if Wroth was physically stronger than Maric he knew that all it would take was one touch of those hands to take him down, especially if he couldn't use his full power. Brynhild, seeming to take the job of a mediator from Maric. Turning a tense situation into one of strategy and planning, Wroth could help but give a small smirk.... He hoped he wasn't turning bipolar.

"It would be wise to choose a location with plenty of rock formations, we have numbers on our side so he will constantly be changing targets we will need an area where we can surprise him when the time comes.... Though his raw power would be able to decimate anything in sight, and any animals around that area could be a positive or negative depending on who they see as a target." Wroth paced around in deep thought. "Yet the massive amount of demonic energy he would be generating might cause the local fauna to scatter. But that power....." He slammed his fist into his palm in a 'eureka motion' "That fan boys shield!" His pacing speed kicked up. "Legion generates a large amount of concussive force with his attacks and Andrews shield is able to shift into different shapes and sizes! If we manage to slow Legion down enough to where Andrew could wrap his shield around him, Maric could safely move in for the Drain." He paced and paced, his own inner tactician showing.... Yet he somehow subconsciously or not, managed to grab a bottle of Alcohol and the rest is history.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon
Al'vyon Estate, Residential District

Murmurs and voices. From below.

Xena opened her eyes, her consciousness emerging from a dreamless sleep. She was back at her estate, in her ten room, where she slept with Maric. She reached out her hands. The place where he should be... there was only empty air. But the mattress was still warm. He must have just gotten out of bed. Sitting up, she scratched her eyes, murmuring. "Maric?"

No response. But there were voices downstairs. Did they have a visitor? The other harbingers? Sighing as she steeled herself for another moment of stress, she stood up and wore her slippers, walking out of her room as she made a passing glance at the clock on the far wall. They were expecting Legion in a few hours. That few hours were possibly the difference between life and death for the love of her life. She tried not to think about it. As she walked closer, she recognized that the voices were coming from Maric, Bryn and Wroth, and that they were planning for ways to subdue Legion in the upcoming battle.

"If we manage to slow Legion down enough to where Andrew could wrap his shield around him, Maric could safely move in for the Drain." Wroth was saying, but she ignored that. She was too tired to talk about anything connected to what Maric was about to do, mostly because she was worried she'd snap and try to stop him. Instead, she put her attention to Bryn. "Bryn? What happened to you?"

Bryn listened to the two males before looking up in the direction Xena's voice came from. "I changed, Pride. I am what Wroth and Legion are now. My eyes, the cloth? I clawed them out during the frenzy. My eyes are gone but I still see we have more important things to talk about." she let loose an aggravated sigh. "I'm sorry. Are you able to heal this residual pain? It's not much, just head pain and an ache." She turned back to Wroth. "I understand that we need to use all of our resources but Andrew's shield? Isn't he just a child? I don't feel comfortable putting someone that young anywhere near something we can barely figured out to handle. Right now our best bet is to let, what, Maric risk his life for a power drain? And that's even if we can get Maric close enough to Legion in the first place."

Her fists tightened as her knuckles turned white, urging to punch something...anything. "I wonder if Wrath would have been more fitting." She chuckled under her breath. "I can help hold the frontline enough to where we don't have to bring Andrew in. In fact, we all may need to. Does Rayen even know about any of this? I haven't seen him anywhere." She sighed again. "Wroth and I will pick up Rayen and take him to the Fringe with us. One of you alert Ryuna on the whereabouts and we all meet early by the barracks." Her pacing quickened as she spoke, lost in her thoughts. The idea to bring Andrew anywhere near this upset her. Maric risking his life upset her. She knew that some deaths were most likely unavoidable in the aftermath but it still hurt to think about..

"The most effective thing we can do is use Andrew's powers to enhance my draining effects, the shield would just take away from that. Don't worry about helping me climb onto Legion, I have some ideas, but just like every other mission we've had together, I cant tell you about them." He never divulged more information than necessary to his companions, there was to big of a risk of them blowing his cover somehow.

"You all just keep him distracted, and I'll do what Lucifer hired me to do. Sneak in for the drain." He nodded to Bryn. "Rayen needs to know. As soon as Xena takes care of that pain, you two find him, and we'll find Ryuna. Then we can finish this."

Wroth
Al'vyon Estate

"The kid might be a green horn but he has very advantageous abilities he can bring to this battle. Plus Andrew is a faery, so he's tougher than he looks." 'Yeah tougher than he looks....' Andrew might very well be more solid than the others give him credit for, yet this was a battle that could shake the very foundations of the world, total destruction would be the price of losing. The most likely scenario would be Andrew being killed in battle...Yet who knows, maybe the kid can beat the odds. After all, if 800 years roaming this world hast taught Wroth anything it's that anything is possible if you have the determination to keep on living.

"Did I ever tell you that's one annoying quality that you have?" Maric's job did require the utmost secrecy in order to work, yet it still annoyed Wroth that he was being denied information that could change at the drop of the hat. The world was rather random sometimes. "Rayen?" At first he didn't know who Maric was talking about, but it didn't take long before Wroth remembered Greed. "Oh. Greed.... Fuck, it's felt like months since I last seen or heard of him." Wroth had only seen him maybe once or twice, and that was on the way to the Sanctuary.... 'Did he get lost or something?' The twilight of the outside gave Wroth pause and some worry. "We have 9 hours left." Walking to and throw clearly annoyed. "Do you have anything of his? I need the scent so we don't waste time."

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon

Xena stared at Bryn... and sighed. So this is what he'll go through if he... she shook her head, sending her thoughts scattering. When she asked if she can ease her pain, Xena made a small smile. "You insult my abilities, Bryn. I wasn't the healer of the Harbingers for nothing." she said as she walked closer to her, listening to the others as she worked her magic on the newborn deva.

It was then that they started talking about Rayen. She had nearly forgotten about him in the heat of the everything that's been happening. "No need. Rayen smells like Alma." she replied, as she touched her nose, remembering the first time she had seen him. It was why she was caught off guard. "I don't know exactly why, but he does."

"I did not mean to insult you, Xena." Bryn chuckled halfheartedly at Pride. Calming her motions so Xena could heal her, she continued. "Well, it seems we have something of a plan, hopefully it won't get us killed." As she said that she turned her clothed gaze over to Maric. "Hopefully." When the healing was done, she patted Xena on the shoulder. "Thank you, Xena. We should be on our way now, every minute counts."

Maric nodded to the pair, taking Bryn's hand in a handshake. "You two be careful. We'll all be together again soon. Save for Wrath, wherever the new one might be." He knew nothing of Taran's replacement save for the fact that they were female. He hoped to get a chance to meet her at least once. Taking Xena's hand, he gave her a kiss on the cheek. "We should head to the Sanctuary and see if Ryuna's still there."

Wroth
Al'vyon Estate

Sniffing at the air he could tell Xena was right, there was a small scent that reminded him of the old faery. "Hey. It's me Maric." He smirked at the rather spiffy looking incubus. "Since when ever have I gotten into trouble..... Recently." Rolling his eyes away from the three. "We should all meet up at the Fringe." Some sweat started to form on Wroth's face, wiping it away Wroth went over to grasp Brynhild's hand. "Every second counts love." His voice was playful, he needed the levity right now. He needed Brynhild right now. And despite how physically unapproachable to the others he was. He needed them. Their sins or destiny had knocked on the door and they had to answer. Legion...... No. Legion was already dead. What they faced now was the manifestation of all their sins, Death has come for the Harbingers and they have to face it.

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon

Xena nodded at Maric as she finished up healing Bryn, urging the two on their quest to find her Rayen. As soon as they were gone, she wrapped her arms around Maric nuzzled against his chest as she closed her eyes, listening to the sound of his heartbeat. A heartbeat that she wanted to hear more and more of for the rest of her life.

"We will be victorious in this mission, Maric. Tell me you'll be alright. I can't... I can't lose you." Her voice cracked with emotion. She buried her face further in his chest so he won't see the expression of worry in it. She is terrified of what's to come. "Once this is over with... I'll help you regain your memories. Then we will settle down... live in peace. No more saving the world bullshit. Okay? Promise me." she begged.

Maric Vakarian

His arms wrapped around Xena's body, letting his warmth mix with the coolness of her body. It was hard for him to see her as a vampire sometimes, but moments like these helped remind him. As she begged him to survive, his heart filled with determination. This fight would not be where he fell, it would be where he thrived. "I promise, Xena. I will survive this fight. Then once I regain my memories, we will settle down in peace together and have a child, raise a family. I want it more than anything."

Kissing her forehead, he let go of the embrace and took her hand. "Come, we should see if Ryuna is still in the Sanctuary."

Xena Mythriel Al'vyon

She nodded as she took his hand, holding it firmly. "Okay. Let's go."

Back