1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. New and confused? Can't post? Looking for information regarding account approval? Check out our website guide to see if any of your questions are covered there! If your questions aren't covered under our guide, post them up in your introduction thread or the help forum.
  3. Want to feature one of your roleplays on the front page? See here for information: September's Featured Roleplays.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We are currently accepting applications for multiple staff positions. Check out our Site Announcements forum for details!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time for another voting drive! As with previous voting drives we will be sending out voting reminders once a day for the first week of a new voting cycle. This helps to get a good position in the top rankings early on. For people wanting to help out around the site but who can't necessarily contribute in other ways, this is a great way to help out. I can't understate how important voting is. Almost all of our traffic comes from TopRPSites, and when we aren't in the top rankings, we don't draw in new users. So get on in there and vote for Storyteller's Circle!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. So as some of you may already know, we're looking to get the website's platform updated to the newest version of Xenforo. The newer platform (Xenforo 2) comes with a lot of solid features and bug fixes from the original Xenforo. To reach this end we have setup a donation campaign for people interested in helping out.
    Dismiss Notice

Non-Canon Return of the Bug King [Convergence Halloween Special!]

Discussion in 'Convergence In-Character Forums' started by Yun Lee, Oct 19, 2018.

  1. Yun Lee

    Yun Lee Rada Rada Staff Member Assistant Administrator The Convergence Series GM

    Prologue
    "Everybody Scream"



    'Twas a long time ago, on Halloween night,
    where unlucky souls were in for a fright.
    Stolen from their homes, brought somewhere new,
    to a world unfamiliar to me or to you.
    A grotesque world where gruesome things roam,
    but to them, the grotesque was their own happy home.
    But not happy for everyone, or so I've heard,
    as one dissenter finds it all absurd.
    He is the Bug King, the most loathsome of brutes,
    and his villainous plan was about to take root.
    Many times he had tried to take over this realm,
    but all were in vain, as at the helm
    of this world was the formidable Pumpkin King Jack,
    who every time purged his rival's bugs from his sack.

    But on this Halloween, in the scheme, there's a change.
    A new endeavor that seems rather strange.
    What is so strange? Well, my friend, soon you'll see.
    But before you do, I must ask...

    ...are you ready?


    ---



    You regain consciousness slowly, feeling a rather massive headache as you come back to life. You can't remember anything that could have brought you here; whatever you were doing before, all you remember is a sudden darkness overwhelming you, like a shadow consuming you. Other than that...nothing. Where are you, exactly?

    [​IMG]

    It becomes very clear that you're in some sort of wooded area, on ground that is devoid of any life save for these tall, thin trees that stretch up high into the heavens. You can hear the occasional cry of some far-off animal, or the rustling of leaves as the wind blows through the, but other than that, it's as though you're completely isolated here in this place.

    Well, save for the others waking around you. One of them, a teenage girl, looks around worriedly.

    [​IMG]

    "Eh? W-Where am I?!"

    Good question, really. Where were you?

    Cast List

    @Crimson Spartan as Lloyd Reed and Nino
    @Crow as Jack the Ripper and USS Laffey
    @CrunchyCHEEZIT as Skull Kid
    @dark as Delsin Rowe and Abigail "Fetch" Walker
    @Donder172 as Mizelia
    @Gummi Bunnies as Booette and Erebus
    @Jeremi as The Rider/Frank Castle and Scream/Donna Diego
    @Lucky as Theo Raeken and Liam Dunbar
    @Minerva as Naoto Shirogane
    @Neko Shogun as Eruka Frog
    @Sark as Jason Blood/Etrigan
    @Takumi as Hiruko and Seishin Muroi
    @York as Long Island and Simon Henriksson​
     
    Takumi, Neko Shogun and Jeremi like this.
  2. Jeremi

    Jeremi Well-Known Member The Convergence Series GM

    [​IMG]
    [B][/B]

    "I don't know how to tell you this kid...but you're in a forest." Frank Castle the man once known as the Punisher now going by the Rider was one of the first to wake up. Had he been hijacked? Was this one of those old school drag people into huge event stuff? Damn, been a long, long while since he was in one of those.

    Whatever the case was he didn't seem all that concerned with the situation. "But hey! I'm sure we're all going to be safe right? What's the worst thing that could happen? Other than you know, everyone dying in a fiery inferno or something? Now wouldn't that be awkward?"


    Meanwhile a bit away from Castle and the girl another was stirring.

    Wake up

    Wake up.

    Wake up!

    [​IMG]

    Groggy and confused the eyes of the mysterious creature slowly started to open. Donna Diego and her symbiote, collectively called Scream had been swinging through New York city, returning to their base of operation after punishing the wicked in the streets. Donna remembered the symbiotes trying to warn her and then, darkness. Already unhinged, Scream wasn't taking the change of scenery well. "Who did this to us?!" She looked around confused as her hair lashed out at a nearby tree. "Show yourselves!"

    @Yun Lee @Everyone
     
  3. Neko Shogun

    Neko Shogun A floofy kitteh The Convergence Series GM

    [​IMG]

    A young witch with a slender build and long, straight silver hair awoke with the group--just as confused as the others were. "R-Ribbit," she mumbled to herself as her eyes explored the foreign area. She had no clue as to where she was and didn't recognize any of the individuals around her. They didn't seem to be threats, but... jeez, why did these kinds of things always have to happen to her?

    "I-It wasn't me," she stammered in response to Scream, flinching at the sight of her. Who exactly were these freaks? They creeped her out, honestly, and she could feel her knees buckle under her. But now wasn't the time to panic. Keep it together Eruka, she thought to herself. She had been in worse situations, after all. "Whoever did this is going to be sorry, ribbit!" she added after a moment, attempting to seem tougher in an attempt to hide her cowardice.

    @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Everyone​
     
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  4. Gummi Bunnies

    Gummi Bunnies For My Sake The Convergence Series GM

    [​IMG]

    ❝ ... this is unfortunate. I see that the commander is not here. A stern talking to will be given to the individual responsible. ❞ Erebus only expressed a small hint of displeasure at the current situation. This wasn't as she foresaw the incoming events for herself and the fleet. Something about this felt like a terribly long detour.

    Off to the side, Booette retreated behind one of the trees to hide. There was just... so many people! In one spot! With no other Boos in sight! The complete situation was so unnerving to Booette, the thought of being spotted by this many people, she didn't want to think about it. So she hid in hopes that she wasn't spotted yet.

    @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Neko Shogun
    @Everyone
     
    Takumi likes this.
  5. Yun Lee

    Yun Lee Rada Rada Staff Member Assistant Administrator The Convergence Series GM

    The girl was a bit surprised by Frank's appearance, but she seemed to relax as she realized he wasn't as dangerous as he looked...unlike Scream, who she decided to just ignore right now. "I know we're in a forest...but I had been at my house the last I remember! And I know that I don't sleepwalk, so...hm..."

    As everyone began wondering who was responsible for their arrival, in the distance a figure slowly rose. Though a bit hard to see, you could make out gray, rotting skin, tattered clothes that looked ancient, and pure white eyes with no irises or pupils.

    "UuuUUugGh..."

    @Crimson Spartan @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Lucky @Minerva @Neko Shogun @Sark @Takumi @York
     
  6. Crow

    Crow beatdown time bros

    Prologue

    [​IMG]
    "Zzzzz..."

    The USS Laffey slept in her bed, dreaming of whatnots. She needed her beauty sleep after a long day of training and fighting Ironbloods and Sakuras, as we all do.

    "Commander... Commander... you've overdone it... Laffey is mad at you..."

    Among all the Kansen race, the USS Laffey is one of the sleepiest. Not even the cats of the Sakura Empire sleep more than her, and cats are supposed to be the laziest of bums, truly ironic, especially for the fake rabbit-eared Benson-class Destroyers! Laffey, at this state, was nothing like a jumpy rodent.

    Right now, she was in a deep, melodic sleep, but little does she know, her environment was no longer at home, but rather, in this fine, spooky place.

    Her ability to sleep anywhere truly shows that she is the next stage of state-of-the-art naval technology.

    "Zzzz... Commander..."

    The Royal Navy's HMS Erebus was closeby. Perhaps her own ally Long Island was too?

    @York @Gummi Bunnies




    "Mother... mother? Mother, where are you?"

    A voice weeped through the air. One with sorrow, one with pain, one with loss. It came from a thick fog that wasn't there before.

    She approaches the gathered group within the forest. That was when the fog dissipated, revealing a young girl.

    [​IMG]
    "... have you seen my mother?"

    @York @Neko Shogun @Jeremi @Yun Lee
     
  7. CrunchyCHEEZIT

    CrunchyCHEEZIT The Ultimate Hope


    ...

    Ooh.

    Oh-oh-oh-oh.

    It's about that time again... isn't it? Ha-ha-ha.


    The ominous air that made itself known throughout the dense, gloomy wooded area seemed to grow ever-more palpable with each passing second. There was no doubt in the minds of those strangers present (or maybe there was? Someone who could read minds could tell) that the situation they found themselves was many things. A broiling stew of negative emotions, some more stinging than others. The specific degree of their confusion and irritation was negligible compared to what was already lurking about the woods.

    A hidden presence stalked about these woods... not too far from everyone else, of course (so as not to break any rules), but still far enough to observe its fellow victims with gleefully sadistic intent. It was a stranger to this world, much like some of these poor suckers pulling themselves off the dirt, but it was quick to fashion itself and its handy puppets to the situation. Even when caught off guard and thrust into that broiling stew, that presence was infallible. It was an actively malicious presence - a metaphorically foul stench that was already looking to enforce its will upon something.

    Anything. Weak, feeble minds it can dominate.
    A more fitting host, perhaps ... no, probably not. It has grown far too attached to its current friend - in the most literal sense of the phrase.

    The first thing it shall tell its friend to do is something polite; make an introduction.

    ---

    The sound of soft bells would quickly greet the tall, cadaverous stranger rousing himself awake. A duo of strange, glowing lights descended from the treetops, one yellow and the other purple. Initially, they seemed detached from anything else, but upon closer inspection, they were kept aloft by what looked like shimmering butterfly wings.

    The glowing creatures curiously circled the stranger, emitting high-pitched 'twinkling' cries to each other, as if they were talking. They left the stranger's side quickly, zooming around the open area and 'inspecting' every other stranger in the same way; zipping around them like houseflies.

    They were quite irritating. It was annoying enough to distract from the emergence of a peculiar object in the center of the gathered group; a mask. An intricate, heart-shaped, beautifully designed mask slowly materialized from thin air, floating above the ground in the most disturbing manner. However, before anyone could appreciate the artwork that was the mask itself...

    [​IMG]

    "HA-HAHAHAHAHAHA~!"


    A short, hunched-over creature with wooden skin emerged with the mask on, rattling its head vigorously to the tune of its reverberating child-like laugh, which echoed throughout the deep forest like a bad omen. The "fairy" creatures were noticeably quick to rush to its side.

    "It's about time you guys woke up! I was starting to get boooored, hee hee!" the creature giggled, pushing itself off the ground and hovering above the grass like its mask was doing just a moment ago. "Now we can start having some fun!"

    @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Yun Lee @dark @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Lucky @Minerva @Neko Shogun @Sark @Takumi @York
     
  8. Takumi

    Takumi Member of the Yato Club

    Prologue: The ?? Night

    Booette would find someone looking over her way from the other side of thr tree. Hiruko, upon waking up suddenly in this place (did a Baku even sleep?), had went off to collect his thoughts and try and remember what he had been doing last when he had noticed the odd human like being hiding after making sure his suitcase and Formalin were still in his possession.

    "What are you doing?" The baku asked boredly.

    Seishin had remained quiet as others woke up and began to wonder where they were. The Jinrou's gaze landed on the undead heading their way, tensing as a frown.

    "I hope you all notice the undead coming our way." He commented, tunring to face those who had ended up in this place with him.

    Hiruko, who had simply glanced Skull Kid's way shortly after noticing the umdead Seishin pointed out stared at the odd creature blankly before sighing.

    "The only thing that would make this fun if it were an actual nightmare soaked in blood, but I can already tell this will be annoying." He grunted. Well, for now he'd wait and see what would happen in the next few moments.

    @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies
     
  9. Crimson Spartan

    Crimson Spartan Friendly Spartan



    It didn't take long for Lloyd to awaken the swordmaster remaining calm despite the situation he was in. Next to him awoke a little girl who didn't remain calm and seemed to bit scared.

    "L-Lloyd... Where are we...?" The girl asked the older male while looking up at him since the two were now standing.

    "As others have said.... It appears to be a forest of some kind. Surrounded by some interesting people by the looks of it..." Lloyd comments looking around at everyone present, Though one thing catches the assassin's eye.


    [​IMG]

    Lloyd's eyes instantly locked on to the approaching figure as he held his currently sheathed sword in his hand. However instead of acting just yet he remained still already planning in case this being was indeed hostile.

    Nino noticed what Lloyd was looking at and also glanced in that direction holding her spell tome close to her.

    @Yun Lee @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Lucky @Minerva @Neko Shogun @Sark @Takumi @York
     
  10. Lucky

    Lucky Better than the RK800

    Theo Raeken and Liam Dunbar

    Theo looked around and simply shrugged. Waking up in the woods was kind of strange, but being homeless, it didn't matter where he woke up. He still have his clothes on. It took him a moment to get up before he noticed the unconscious Liam. Currently, they were kind of in an off-time in their "friendship" and weren't speaking.

    [​IMG]

    "
    Never mind, I'm with everyone else. Where the fuck are we? Anyone remember anything?" He asked.`

    [​IMG]

    "Pretty sure that is what everyone is trying to figure out Theo," he said with a voice that he would rather be anywhere then with Theo.

    @Yun Lee @Everyone
     
  11. Gummi Bunnies

    Gummi Bunnies For My Sake The Convergence Series GM

    ❝ ! ❞ Booette was immediately startled by Hiruko's directed words towards her. Just as she let out a surprised gasp, she proceeded to snap her eyes shut and covered her face with her hands out of pure embarrassment. There wasn't much else that she could've done in this awkward situation already, especially when this was usual gut reaction most Boos result with doing.

    [​IMG]

    ❝ ... strange. ❞ Erebus gave a blank glance upon spotting Laffey and soon after Long Island as well. A strange scenario where ships from both the Royal Navy and the Eagle Union dragged away into this eerie forest? That was not normal at all. Furthermore, the strangeness of this situation escalated with the inclusion of a... figure that's probably seen better days...

    ❝ A lost soul in these parts? ❞ She mumbled. This figure was anything but the definition of alive and well. So she trained her sights at the approaching figure, a small blue wisp beginning to take form at her side. It was her instinct to reap lost souls and guide them to proper rest, and that instinct would jump into action soon enough if no one else had any objections.

    @Yun Lee @Takumi @Crow @York @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Lucky @Jeremi
     
  12. Jeremi

    Jeremi Well-Known Member The Convergence Series GM


    [​IMG]

    "Don't worry, I'm sure we've just been abducted to take part in some weird ass game or something. Been a dogs age since I've done this so I'm quite excited!" Frank really did seem nonplussed by the whole situation, but the powers swirling inside his body and the million years he had been alive had really dampened his fear receptors.​


    "So you're the one who did this!"
    Scream shouted, taking Skull Kids words at face value.

    [​IMG]

    "I don't do this often but if you don't send me back to New York then we will feast on your brains!"
    Screams hair changed into the shape of drills as they floated menacingly pointing right at Skull Kid.​

    @Yun Lee @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Everyone
     
  13. Yun Lee

    Yun Lee Rada Rada Staff Member Assistant Administrator The Convergence Series GM

    The girl tried her best to take this all in, trying not to suffer some sort of overload. "A game? What kind of game involves us all being dragged into some spooky forest?" She then turned to the others who had approached. "Oh! Um...I don't know if there's any mothers around here...and I don't know where we are. But I'm sure it'll all make sense soon!...I hope."

    Skull Kid and Scream quickly caught her attention. "W-Wait! Don't attack him! If he brought us here, he can take us back!" A pause. "...you can take us back, right?"

    The figure lurched forward, body sagging as he limped across the ground. One arm stretched out, he growled. "WhAt arE yOu DoiNG in My fOResT?"

    @Crimson Spartan @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Donder172 @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Lucky @Minerva @Neko Shogun @Sark @Takumi @York
     
    Ottonomous Ghost likes this.
  14. Crow

    Crow beatdown time bros

    [​IMG]
    "We will tell you if you tell us what you have done to mother," the young girl says as she brandishes a single dagger, ready to fight and unintimidated by the sluggish fiend before all.

    Meanwhile, Laffey continued to sleep, despite everything going on. Big sleeper, those Destroyers.

    @Yun Lee @York @Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi
     
  15. Takumi

    Takumi Member of the Yato Club

    Sighing, Hiruko crossed his arms. What an odd entity. "Oh well." He shrugged.

    "Personally, I don't want to be here, but if I'm going to be stuck here I might as well be entertained." Hiruko shrugged, letting Formalin float so he could sit on it for a moment. "If this is your forest, then who are you?" He asked.

    @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Others
     
  16. dark

    dark Active Member

    [​IMG] Delsin Rowe

    “Ok, this isn’t funny. Also this isn’t Seattle, so what are we doing in a forest like some sort of creepy horror film? “

    “I’d say as long as the DUP doesn’t show their faces here, we’ll be good.”

    Delsin stared over at the others. “Well there’s one guy I recognize. He meant Theo.”
    @Lucky @Yun Lee @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT

    Abigail “fetch” walker
    [​IMG]

    Delsin? Anybody?! What the fuck’s going on? Abigail found herself staring at a forest. One that came out of a horror film.

    She turned and saw Delsin there and ran to him.

    Delsin, what’s going on?




    [COLOR=#b30000][/COLOR]​
     
  17. Neko Shogun

    Neko Shogun A floofy kitteh The Convergence Series GM

    [​IMG]

    When the figure sprang towards the group, Eruka took a step back. She furrowed her brows and tried to spit out a warning, sounding less threatening than she had intended to. "H-Hey, back off, ribbit! I'd be glad to leave your stupid forest if I knew how!" A bead of sweat formed on her right temple and she took in a quick breath. She didn't want to release her soul protect so soon around a bunch of strangers, but it would likely come to that if she needed to use her powers to fight off this enemy.

    @Yun Lee @Everyone​
     
  18. Jeremi

    Jeremi Well-Known Member The Convergence Series GM


    "Chills, thrills and I guess death if you do really badly. Don't worry though..."
    Frank playfully elbowed the girl in her side. "Nobody ever stays dead for long." He then turned his attention to the creature the girl was trying to calm down. Oh yeah! That's a symbiote, Frank hadn't seen one of those in a long while.

    Scream meanwhile snarled at her before turning her attention back at Skull Kid. She's right, of course she's right. Donna wasn't always these gung-ho, it's time to ask questions, not stab things repeatedly. Her hair lowered and her attention turned towards the figure limping towards them. "We could as you to same thing! What is this forest, who are you?"

    @Yun Lee @Everyone
     
  19. CrunchyCHEEZIT

    CrunchyCHEEZIT The Ultimate Hope

    [​IMG]

    "Hee, hee... no, Miss Stabby Lady, I wasn't the one who did any of this! In fact, I know as much about this place as you do,"
    Skull Kid responded with a smug giggle, keep itself floating in the air as it leisurely folded with legs over each other. "I wanna play this game too! Being a victim of something like this sounds fun!"

    As if on a cue that Skull Kid planned himself, the mask-wearing creature spun around to face the stranger approaching the group; the only one here who would be responsible for such this strange occurrence. It could only laugh in response to the figure's vaguely threatening question.

    "Ha-hahahaha~! You gonna do something about that, mister?"
    Skull Kid taunted, floating a few heads above the others in the group while its mask rattled vigorously.

    @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Others
     
  20. Donder172

    Donder172 Active Member

    Mizelia lets out a sigh as she observed the group she ended it. This was going to be a long adventure she gotten herself into. Where ever she is, it wasn't a place familiar to her. The forest might say she was back on the planet of the Praxeum she used to live on. It could also be another planet, perhaps Naboo. Yet, there were many, many other possibilities. Too many to think about all of them.
    The Rutian Twi'lek walks towards the person who approached them and offers a bow in a Jedi-like manner. "My apologies for treading upon your grounds. Let me assure you, I have no ill intentions against you or your home." Mizelia said "If you could help us find our way back to our homes, I would really appreciate and it would you to get rid of us as soon as possible without violence."
     

Share This Page